Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Joanne

Right you are about the ladies and age regarding having babies . You sure run out of steam quicker when you are a grandma !

I always wonder about them ladies who decide to have another baby when they are this age --they have so many options of how to have a baby at just about any age now. I know I couldnt do it patience-wise .

I'm just sometimes too tired, grouchy or dont feel well,so I'd never want to try having a full time baby at this age .

Cindy

Hi,and good to hear your parents are still holding their own and at least staying at an even level . Sure hope your dad improves enough to get off the ventilator and that the cancer Doc doesn't find anything like that with your mom, but it is probably best to have a checkup with him just to cover all the bases and get some answers if you can .

I agree with you regarding purses . I love them too,and never would have spent that price on one in the store . I'm really not too wild about it myself,but couldnt turn that deal down. I'm gonna let Sam take it to work tomorrow to give to one of the ladies down there who LOVES purses .She has one ,but only one cover,so this one will give her a new one plus 4 covers. I "think" it will make her day ! (She is a purse-a-holic too ) .

Hi Tam

I'm really sorry I didnt get anything made for your craft fair . I attempted things a few times, but just cannot do yarn any longer. I had to toss Steph's scarf yesterday afternoon . Tried taking Benadryl and still working on it, but my eyes got so red and sore, I looked like a Barn Cat .My throat was sore, I started itching,then the breathing crap kicked in,so I just have to hang up my spurs and give up I think . Sure wish I coulda helped you ..

I hope you do well and make a good amount of money - your husband will be very proud of you .:yes

Not much up here today, other than I think Cam will be up later this afternoon. We got our days a little changed around this weekend,but its ok . I'm hoping I have enough to keep him occupied here today. I havent foud any new movies or games for him for quite awhile now .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a simple request for everyone to take at least a moment today to remember all those who were lost on 9-11.

:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar

The only good that comes out of such a tragedy is when you see how many people step up to help, lend a hand ,risk their own lives to help others ....the stories just go on and on .

At least it shows that GOOD always outweighs EVIL .

Julie- Lots of folks in my area lost lives to the tragedy of 9/11- . My neighbor lost her hubby and her boys were young (around 3 and 5) They are now teenagers! My friend lost her sister-in-law.

Today is a good day to something nice for someone- even if it is only sharing a smile and wishing them a good day!

Enjoy your time with Cam!

Ten years ago today my husband was recovering from triple bypass surgery the day before. He heard all the gruesome news and thought he was delirious from all the anasthesia. It was the worst day of his life, but in retrospect, he was one of the luckiest men alive. It is a day we will never forget.

Good morning.

There is a 9/11 memorial at the ski area down the road from us. It consists of 3200 flags going up the slopes. Peole pay to walk through it and the proceeds go to first responders, in honor of the brave men and women that risked (and in some cases lost) their lives on this day 10 years ago. It is attracting huge crowds, even though this is quite a ways out in the country. It goes to show that we have not forgotten!

Julie, that is really sweet of you to give the purse and covers away. You may be able to crochet with raffia. it would limit you to purses and hats most likely. I haven;t tried it yet, but I was thinking it might be fun to try. It is sold here.

And I am also way to old to deal full time with babies!

Did you ever finish that embroidered quilt you were working on?

Good Morning, Ladies. I'll have to catch up later, but just wanted to say Hi!

It's such an emotional day for all Americans and we have so much to be thankful for. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who lost loved ones ten years ago today. :hug

Will be back later this afternoon. :)

Phyllis- Wow- that is something- I'm sure it is a day your DH or family will never forget!!

Cindy- That sounds awesome what they are doing in MI!! That raffia looks very interesting!

Mary- Hope you have a good day!

Hi Joanne

Yea, I think you guys that lived nearby probably all knew people who had a relative of some type who was affected by the 9-11 tragedy . I know Jude knew many of them too .

I've watched several news shows this weekend about it and where the survivors and families are today and how they are dealing with it all these years later .

It's really sad, the ones that seem the worst for me are the little babies who never got to meet their dads, or were so small they don't remember them .

I know that no one in our lifetimes will ever forget that day . You do have a good idea to do somethig good for someone today .

Phyllis

My gosh,talk about a stressful time ! Your poor family, with your husband so ill,then seeing this tragedy happen on top of it ....maybe he was better off being medicated and not fully aware that it was real until he was stronger .

Hi Cindy

That's nice that they have a memorial so close to you for the 9-11 people. They may possibly have something like that at the cemetery that is outside of our town.It's one of the National Cemeteries and I know there are many boys buried there from the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars .

Thanks for the heads up on the raffia ..I think I know what it is, kinda like a rolled up thicker-type crepe paper stuff ? The stuff you can make bows from ?

I may keep on searching .Maybe sooner or later I'll come up with a plan.

If I liked working with thread, that would probably be the answer,but I really prefer yarn and bigger hooks than the tiny metal ones .

The embroidered quilt is holed up ,upstairs in the closet with the rest of the "Island of Misfit Projects." ******

*****Note :

The PROJECTS aren't misfit, it's the person who bought them,worked on them,got tired of them and stuck them upstairs who is the REAL misfit .:D

Hi Miss Mary !

Thanks for checking in. Hope you find something entertaining to do today .

Cam is coming up at 4,then will spend the night and tomorrow with us . Not sure what he has up his sleeve to keep occupied ,but I have just about run out if ideas for him . I actually made a store run this morning to see if I could find a game or something for him,but fresh out of luck. He's getting at kind of a hard age to buy things for . Too old for most toys ,so it's kinda hard to think of stuff for him to do .

Will check in later if I get the time .

Hi all,

I watched the Giants game and they played just awful--it's going to be a LONG season if they don't get some of their key players back from the injured list--or do something!!!!

I made two pairs of fingerless gloves while watching the game so it wasn't a total waste of time!!!

See you all in the AM

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I seen they were doing that memorial at the skiing place. What an awesome way to remember 9/11.

Glad your Mom and Dad seem to be getting along. Hope your Dad will be able to get off the ventilator soon. Hope the cancer doctor only has good news on your Mom.

Julie, Maybe you and Cam could do a scavenger hunt.

Joanne, I agree with you I wouldn't want to have a baby at my age. I do love taking care of them though. You should of stay all night and came home when you woke up this morning. My Aunt use to my babysit my kids (my ex was a drummer in a band) and they stayed all night with them unless we were really close by. Don't you have an anniversary close by?

Mary, Hope all is okay in your family.

Tam, Patrick is going to sleep good tonight after his busy weekend. To bad about his wallet.

Phyllis, Your husband was lucky and I bet he still wishes it was all a dream instead of reality.

I remembered what I was going to say yesterday. It was my Dad's birthday and he would be 78 if he was still with us. It was a hard day for me and it hasn't been for a long time.

Has anyone made one of the swiffer covers that is with post stitches? I don't know if it is suppose to just fit or what. And I was wondering if it does just fit will it shrink and not fit after it is washed. It is one of the ones on the link Joanne gave us. Do you think I should go a bigger hook size?

I'm for the night. Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Just a simple request for everyone to take at least a moment today to remember all those who were lost on 9-11.

:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar

The only good that comes out of such a tragedy is when you see how many people step up to help, lend a hand ,risk their own lives to help others ....the stories just go on and on .

At least it shows that GOOD always outweighs EVIL .

I have been praying for all the families who lost members/friends this day 10 years ago.

the good news is that I finished the quilt last night at 8:00. It's now washed and dried and ready to send out tomorrow. I really misjudged the time this would take to make, but at least I can still get it there in time. Here are pictures of it (front & back.)

post-9295-135897695761_thumb.jpg

Spent some time with Rosie and John this evening and got my eyes tested and new glasses ordered this afternoon. Worked on a preemie afghan while watching TV with Rosie.

post-9295-135897695752_thumb.jpg

Linda, what a beautiful quilt!

Marlene, the crowds at the Cannonsburg 9-11 memorial were quite something. The ski area is at the end of our road, and when we went out this evening, they had all the lanes marked with red cones and cops all over directing traffic. You couldn't make a left turn out of our road. We took a different route home to avoid the traffic. There was even more traffic than when the Grand Rapids Symphony plays there in the summer.

Dh and I are busy trying to decide what to do this week. We are going to the Upper Peninsula and are pretty sure that we are taking that train ride. It's supposed to be cold and intermittently rainy there this coming week though, so we are going to decide what we will actually do, when we see what the weather is like. I don't mind if its cool, but I don't want to spend $100 each on train tickets if all I'm going to see is rain drops on the glass.

I still need to pack a craft project. I have this jacket 1/2 finished, but its getting kind of bulky to pack. The round baby blanket is also too bulky...looks like I may have to start another project!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I agree with you I wouldn't want to have a baby at my age. I do love taking care of them though. You should of stay all night and came home when you woke up this morning. My Aunt use to my babysit my kids (my ex was a drummer in a band) and they stayed all night with them unless we were really close by. Don't you have an anniversary close by?

I remembered what I was going to say yesterday. It was my Dad's birthday and he would be 78 if he was still with us. It was a hard day for me and it hasn't been for a long time.

Has anyone made one of the swiffer covers that is with post stitches? I don't know if it is suppose to just fit or what. And I was wondering if it does just fit will it shrink and not fit after it is washed. It is one of the ones on the link Joanne gave us. Do you think I should go a bigger hook size?

I'm for the night. Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Marlene- I haven't made one of the Swiffer covers, but I know Dusti has! I did stay overnight when I babysit but couldn't come home till the afternoon when DD and SIL returned. We had a good time together, DD's MIL and I- and enjoyed every moment with him. It was much easier having two Grannies taking care of him that's for sure! Yes, my 10th wedding anniversary is Thursday, 9/15. What a great memory you have!!!

I have been praying for all the families who lost members/friends this day 10 years ago.

the good news is that I finished the quilt last night at 8:00. It's now washed and dried and ready to send out tomorrow. I really misjudged the time this would take to make, but at least I can still get it there in time. Here are pictures of it (front & back.)

[ATTACH]45169[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45170[/ATTACH]

Spent some time with Rosie and John this evening and got my eyes tested and new glasses ordered this afternoon. Worked on a preemie afghan while watching TV with Rosie.

Linda- That quilt is gorgeous!!!! Is this the one you are sending off to Tam for her fundraiser? It is spectacular!!!!! How is Rosie feeling?

Linda, what a beautiful quilt!

Dh and I are busy trying to decide what to do this week. We are going to the Upper Peninsula and are pretty sure that we are taking that train ride. It's supposed to be cold and intermittently rainy there this coming week though, so we are going to decide what we will actually do, when we see what the weather is like. I don't mind if its cool, but I don't want to spend $100 each on train tickets if all I'm going to see is rain drops on the glass.

I still need to pack a craft project. I have this jacket 1/2 finished, but its getting kind of bulky to pack. The round baby blanket is also too bulky...looks like I may have to start another project!

Good luck deciding on a project to bring on your vacation....Wouldn't it be a shame if you had to start a new one?:lol Enjoy your trip and at 100.00 /ticket, I'd be waiting to see what the weather is going to be like too!!

Another week in Paradise begins yet again. The weekend just FLEW on by!! At least next week I'm on vacation. We may be going to Williamsburg which is where we went on our honeymoon. We were supposed to go to Disney World for our honeymoon, but due to 9/11, we had to make last minute changes to our plans and went to Williamsburg and VA Beach. We both really enjoyed Williamsburg ( http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/visit/whatToSeeAndDo/so may just head back there to celebrate our 10th.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Ladies!

Cindy, Have a great time on your vacation and train ride. That's a nice jacket your working on.

Linda, Beautiful quilt! You do an awesome job on them.

Joanne, I thought you came home at 3:30am. Hubby and I have been to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. A great place to visit.

I need to go to the store so I'm going early as it is suppose to be hot today. Probably one of are last days of being this hot. Have a good day everyone and I'll check back in later.

Good morning my friends. The sun is shining and it looks to be a lovely day. Thank you so much for the lovely comments on the quilt. :bow:bow And, yes, this is the one for Tammy. I'll be overnighting it to her in just a little while. It ended up being quite a bit bigger than I anticipated. Typical of me. :lol

Saturday was Rosie's John's birthday. Yesterday I took over three jars of orange marmalade (which he adores), herbal insect repellant (bugs love him), pork sausage, a little cake which reminded me of their dog, and a card. He loved them all. Rosie had a moment Saturday when she sat down and experienced a sharp severe pain in her back, and ever since then it's been much, much better. We're hoping that that sharp pain was the bulging disc moving back where it belongs. Knock on Wood. It's been a tremendous improvement anyway.

John saw 6 deer while he was hunting on Saturday, but didn't get a shot at any of them. They were too far away. But he enjoyed being out in the woods.

Cindy ~ That's a lovely jacket. What color are you doing it in? Hope the weather cooperates and that you enjoy your train ride. It sounds so very awesome. And enjoy your whole vacation.

Joanne ~ Williamsburg looks like a fabulous place to visit. And what a nice idea to go back there for your anniversary.

Hi, Marlene! ;)

Hope everyone has a good day. Catch you later. :manyheart

Good Morning, Ladies!

I had such a good weekend :c9 It started with the craft fair with my mum and Gramma. Actually, it started before that. Kyri and Annika have been SO anxious to camp out in the yard, and since the temps were supposed to be gorgeous all weekend, we set up the tent after school on Friday night. Bed time could not come soon enough -- it was so funny. They were giddy and giggly and so happy as they set the tent up *just* the way they wanted it. I really did not expect them to settle down for ages, but they were both breathing deeply when I tip-toed outside to check on them at 9 o'clock. Oh, yeah, they are real party animals :rofl I slept out in the living room with the windows and doors wide open, so that I could hear them, if they were nervous or unhappy about being in the tent on their own. Not a peep was heard all night long.

Surprisingly, I woke up at 4 am without any problem and headed down to meet-up with Mum. I was really surprised at how little has changed in the years since we used to work this particular craft show. A number of the same crafters were there, and it was like Old Home Week to stand and talk with so many friends and familiar faces. We did not buy much, but it did not matter, as we were just there to be a part of the atmosphere and window shop. My girls have really started playing with the 18" dolls my mum had as a girl (dolls were never really 'my thing,' and I did not show them proper appreciation when I was young :blush), and it just so happens that the clothing made for the current American Girl dolls fits the girls' dolls. The girls have birthdays coming up next month, so I was on the look-out for a couple of outfits. I came across a booth selling cute, well-made doll outfits very reasonably, so I bought a prairie skirt & bonnet (I expect this is going to be the biggest hit, as my girls like The Little House on the Prairie series, yet.), a kimono (to fill my Japanese interests), a hula skirt, and a pink, silky nightgown that came with slippers. This sounds like a lot, but I could not have sewn them myself for the total I paid, and I would have had some (!!?!) frustration working with the slippery satins and tiny pieces of lace. Well worth the cost to let another artist do the work :D Mum bought a large, welded metal sunflower for one of her gardens, and she was thrilled with the price she paid, too. For Gramma, we split the cost on a wonderful, hand-painted, linen. shift-style dress. It was "her," even before we talked her into trying it on. We snacked on wrap sandwiches while we were shopping, and then, at the end of the day, we went to McDonald's for coffee and $0.49 ice cream cones. I hated for the day to end, but we did all of our looking, we all felt satisfied that we shopped enough, and we had spent the whole day together. Fun, fun, fun!! :shop I made it home by 11 Saturday night.

Sunday morning, a community 40 minutes north of us was holding a large Remember America 9/11 event, and I really wanted to attend. I was expecting Kyri ten years ago. I was in the hospital for a day of monitoring and tests, and I remember crying while I watched the news coverage. Neither girl was here to experience the country's loss or the ensuing strength of the American people, but I wanted them to get a little sense of the importance of the events of 9/11 on our history. About two thousand people gathered in the field by the high school and participated in remembrance, reflection and celebration. :sstar:sstar:sstar Amazingingly well-organized and presented :sstar:sstar:sstar. We have so much to be thankful for as Americans. I prayed for those who lost loved ones on that fateful day ten years ago.

By the time we left at noon, the sun was high in the sky, and the mercury was climbing into the 90s -- virtually unheard of in Septembet. We came home and just relaxed. The girls played in the sprinkler, I crocheted a bit, and DH worked in his shop. In the evening, we worked together to make 10 quarts of salsa entirely from our garden produce. Quality family time = :bheart

the good news is that I finished the quilt last night at 8:00. It's now washed and dried and ready to send out tomorrow. I really misjudged the time this would take to make, but at least I can still get it there in time.

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! What a generous gift for Tam's fundraising efforts.

:hugMarlene :hug

I have made a half-dozen of the Reversible Swiffer Socks, but I have not tried any of the other patterns from that link. I am sorry, I cannot answer your question about the post stitch pattern. The Reversible one ended up being very, very snug and needing a lot of tugging to get it on the first time. I washed it and needed to tug a little the second time I put it on my Swiffer, but it did not shrink too much, and it still works great. I vote that you keep going with the pattern as-written, and I expect it will work out alright by the end. Good luck :crocheting

Cindy ~ The jacket you are working on looks lovely. What color are you using? Are you lengthening the sleeves, so that they reach your wrists? I was just wondering, because if it is cool enough to wear a wool jacket here, I certainly do not want my forearms hanging out in the elements...:think Maybe that is just me, but I love the looks of it, anyway. I cannot wait to hear how yours is progressing. The train trip in crisp temps sounds so wonderful. Enjoy yourselves :hug

Joanne ~ How nice you got to spend some quality time with Ryan over the weekend :c9 Your vacation will be here in no time. Hope you have a good day in paradise on this Monday.

Mary ~ Has it cooled down for you, a bit? This week, you get to spoil Luke, don't you? I'll bet you cannot wait :manyheart

Julie ~ Morning. Your leaves have already started turning, huh? Ours have not, though I fear that they will any-day, now. Once they start, it just feels as though it is a downward spiral to snowbanks :yuck What did Cam want to do, while he was visiting? I liked Marlene's suggestion of a scavenger hunt. My girls have been doing a lot of pounding nails into wood and painting their creations out in the driveway with tempra paints. They each built a robot this weekend (wood attached here-and-there in pokey arrangements yields a robot, apparently :lol), and Kyri made a bunk bed for her 4"-tall dollies. Annika was envious she had not thought of that plan, but Kyri one of Annika's dolls sleep in the bottom bunk last night, and that made Annika feel happier. Whew :whew

Trish, Tam, Phyllis, Marisa and Everyone Else ~ Have a good Monday!

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

Linda ~ The quilt is gorgeous! I just love the colors, pattern...everything about it! :clap I'm glad you had fun with Rosie and John this weekend. :)

Tam ~ Your weekend schedule sure sounds hectic, but good! I know getting ready for the two events is a full time job right now. :manyheart

Joanne ~ I love going to Williamsburg. It's been about 10 years since the last visit, but we've been there several times. My sister lives in Alexandria, VA and it was always on the list when we would visit her. How special that you and DD's MIL could stay overnight with Ryan! :c9

Marlene ~ Thinking of you as you wait for news about Mayo. :hug Thanks for asking about my family - for now, everything is okay. Of course, that can change any second. :rolleyes

Cindy ~ Your vacation plans sound wonderful! I hope the rain stays away while you're gone. Love the jacket you're making. :yes

Julie ~ I bet it is hard to entertain Cam at this age! I hope you all had a good weekend!

Dusti ~ I loved reading about your shopping trip and the girls' campout. It is wonderful that they get along so well! Way to go on finding the doll clothes! I agree it's much easier buying than making them. :lol

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, Thanks for your tip on the swiffer cover. I'll give it a try and keep going and see what I come up with. Sounds like you had a wonderful saturday with your Mom and Gramma. I to would of bought those doll clothes. I don't think I would want the challenge of sewing them. That may well be why 1 strawberry shortcake doll is still not finished. And why the other was never started. But I think I will take them to Texas with me and finish them up as they are for Jocelyn and Maya. And I told myself I had to make 2 before I could give one away. My brothers use to love camping out in the yard when they were kids. My camping was in a camper with my Grandparents. What fun we had!

Mary, I use to live in Alexandria, VA when I was a baby up to age 2. My Dad was in the army and was stationed by there. When we went to VA we looked up my old neighbors and the man still lived there. They divorced and she is in the area and was there earlier in the day. His house was just beautiful! They ducks and I had a pool so we became friends. I remember seeing pics and films of us playing together.

Linda, I hope Rosie's back is on the mend now. Maya said they seen a bunch of deer in her yard yesterday. The area they live in has lots of deer and she is in town and sees them all over town. It sounds like John hit the jackpot with all your goodies for his birthday.

DS is coming over and spend the night. He has to ref tomorrow so were kind of on his way but out of his way. I told him to bring his laundry to.

He'll be on the internet so I don't know if I will get back today or not.

I never did get the store. Decided to call the Mayo Clinic first and I have been on the phone and waiting for phone calls every since. The Mayo Clinic said they called my doctor and told him there isn't anything they could do for hubby that hasn't been done here already. That is good in one way to know the doctors here have done all they could. But now what do we do?

I cried, then I called are doctors office and told them I wanted to talk to the doctor and I wasn't leaving a message and I would not run my errands I would wait for his call. He called 2 1/2 hrs later and that was okay I didn't expect him to drop everything for my call. He said he could send us to the UofM or Cleveland. I said no. First lets get that adrenal gland on the kidney checked out. He said okay. I told him I would call and make the appt. He said he would get the referral. He didn't know the Mayo Clinic wouldn't of let us know that they wouldn't be seeing us. I believe him. He is a good doctor and he cares. He tells us this is how I would treat this if it was one of my family members. So we have an appt with the kidney doctor on the 22nd of this month. I hope he says that mass is causing this problem and can fix it. I want to talk to SD's MIL. They lost two adult children due to kidney problems. I didn't know or didn't remember that there sons problems where from his kidneys to. We stopped there on labor day and it was getting late and she said to let her know what we found out about the mayo clinic so I will ask her about it.

Hubby came home from work today and said he had someone who wanted to look at are rv and I said no. Give me a chance to think about it first. Men!

Have a nice day everyone!

Marlene ~ I'm so sorry you've had such a rough day. :hug Your doctor sounds like a good one. Not knowing what's causing the pain must be so hard, though. Hopefully, they'll figure this out soon! :hug

DD and Luke came over this afternoon. :manyheart He is such a cutie and loves playing with Gracie. Unfortunately, it's 105* (after a few days in the 80s and 90s) so we stayed inside and played. He wants to be outside all the time. :lolHe will be here Friday through Sunday!

Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Marlene, I am sorry you have had such a disappointing day.

Linda, fingers crossed for Rosie.

Dusti, sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend.

I am making the jacket in a burnt orange color. It's one of Bernat's harvest colors. I've had the yarn for a few years already. I'd like to make it with long sleeves, but I think the sleeves are too wide to be long. They are worked from side to side, so decreasing is pretty much impossible. The only thing I can think of is to sue a smaller hook at the cuff end, and I think that would be a real hassle, since I would be changing hooks all the time.

We are in a hotel in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. We have a nephew going to university here, so we took him out for dinner tonight. He says it is the best meal he will get all semester! (he does his own cooking) Tomorrow, its the train trip.

Hi ladies :hi

I feel so out of the loop with you all since I've been MIA. Sorry I totally haven't been keeping up, but there's so much going on and I've been spending alot of time cleaning and getting in all the nooks and crannies :lol

I really wish I had time to read the back posts that I've missed :( I hope all is well with everyone and I'll try to get back soon. I love and miss you ladies :hug :hug :hug

My cousin-in-law sent me this. Thought I'd share......

I think this is one of the neatest things I have ever read. To the women I'm sending this to: Thank you for being you.

The Clock

God doesn't give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED... to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

NOW, YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK!!!!

IN 9 MINUTES SOMETHING WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY,

BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL 9 SISTERS YOU LOVE THEM INCLUDING ME.. GO!!!!

One Flaw In Women

Women have strengths that amaze men.....

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in..

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they

think there is no strength left..

They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what

makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideas.

They give moral support to their

family and friends.

Women have vital things to say

and everything to give..

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

Please pass this along to all your women friends and relatives to remind them just how amazing they are.

Good morning everyone. We have sunny skies and cool temps this morning, although it's supposed to get hot later today and tomorrow and then really cool off and get wet. Kim has her monthly checkup with the doctor this afternoon. Then we'll go out to eat since she's supposed to fast for 4 hours before the visit for lab work. And I've got a list of several things to talk to her about.

I am making the jacket in a burnt orange color. It's one of Bernat's harvest colors. I've had the yarn for a few years already. I'd like to make it with long sleeves, but I think the sleeves are too wide to be long. They are worked from side to side, so decreasing is pretty much impossible. The only thing I can think of is to sue a smaller hook at the cuff end, and I think that would be a real hassle, since I would be changing hooks all the time.

We are in a hotel in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. We have a nephew going to university here, so we took him out for dinner tonight. He says it is the best meal he will get all semester! (he does his own cooking) Tomorrow, its the train trip.

The jacket sounds so wonderful. Love your nephew's comment. Enjoy! Hope you have great weather for the train trip today.

Hi ladies :hi

I feel so out of the loop with you all since I've been MIA. Sorry I totally haven't been keeping up, but there's so much going on and I've been spending alot of time cleaning and getting in all the nooks and crannies :lol

I really wish I had time to read the back posts that I've missed :( I hope all is well with everyone and I'll try to get back soon. I love and miss you ladies :hug :hug :hug

I know this is a hectic time for you. Thinking of you and praying that things go well for you. :hug :hug :hug

Archived