Our House Part Two

JulieKay

It was a very busy day at work today, but now I'm off for a week and a half.

Wrennie, I sure hope that Wayne is in the hospital and recovers.

Joanne, we could use some rain, send some this way. We haven't had any rain to speak of in several weeks. Is work still busy because of the hours that were missed because of the huricaine?

Linda, Kim sounds like she was in really good form today! She must have been quite a character, even before her strokes.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,

Cindy- I'd gladly send the rain your way if it was in my power!!! Read about some roads flooding here (not my immediate area) and it's still raining! Enjoy your time off work!! Have you decided about that train tour?

Running a bit behind as seems to be my norm lately--so I've got to get ready--but wanted to wish you all a pleasant day!!!

Hugs!

Hi all,

Wrennie- I sure hope that Wayne IS in Albany Med and recuperating!! How awful for everyone to think he was dead--I sure hope he is alive! Hope your day went ok. Are you getting the torrential rains that we are getting here? I thought of you and of the people in the northern part of NJ--they DO NOT NEED ANY MORE RAIN!!!

We are getting rain. Lots of rain. The Esopus creek ( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=esopus%20creek )

is already at flood level again and we have 2 more days of rain at least. The stream across from my house has doubled in width over night.

We are under flood watch along with our bordering counties.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Wayne.

I was supposed to go on vacation starting this weekend to Maine. Donna that I work with, her mom, mom's friend Jackie, me and Donnas other friend Sherry.

Well Donnas mom went into the hospital with fluid between her lungs & ribs(???). Shes in her later 70's. Supposed to have some procedure done. I dont know if the trip is still on or not. Not a big deal to me if not. I'd rather have her mom OK. I just dont likecnot knowing whats up.

Good morning everyone. I can't type this morning to save myself. Everything outside is wet! We had misty rain a good bit of yesterday. It's still cloudy at this point today, but looks like the sun is trying to burn through.

I got the pinning done on the quilt, checked the back and there was a big pucker in the material right in the center, so unpinned half of it, trimmed the excess off the sides, and finally got the pucker to smooth out and got it repinned. My finger tips hurt, but at least it's done. Now to do the quilting.

Roise was doing much better last night when I checked on her. She could turn in bed and sit up without being in agony. She hasn't been sleeping at all well, so the tiredness had caught up with her and she couldn't quit yawning. I came back home to let her sleep.

Linda, Kim sounds like she was in really good form today! She must have been quite a character, even before her strokes.

From what I've been told, she was quite a character with lots and lots of spunk. When John would fuss at her, she just laughed at him and did as she wanted.

We are getting rain. Lots of rain. The Esopus creek ( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=esopus%20creek )

is already at flood level again and we have 2 more days of rain at least. The stream across from my house has doubled in width over night.

We are under flood watch along with our bordering counties.

Well Donnas mom went into the hospital with fluid between her lungs & ribs(???). Shes in her later 70's. Supposed to have some procedure done. I dont know if the trip is still on or not. Not a big deal to me if not. I'd rather have her mom OK. I just dont likecnot knowing whats up.

Oh, NO!!!!!! :eek More rain! Just what you guys don't need. Hope Donna's mom gets well soon. Withdrawing the built up fluid should make her feel much, much better. Thinking of all of you and wishing you well. :hug :hug :hug

Good morning.

Wrennie, sorry you are getting more rain. I hope your friends mom recovers soon. Just pulling of that fluid around her lungs ought to make her feel quite a bit better.

Joanne, hope work is less busy today.

Linda, WTG on getting the quilt ready to quilt Are you doing that by hand? Glad to hear that Rosie is feeling better. Poor lady, it is so hard to live with constant pain.

Its chilly and sunny here today. I like this kind of weather, too bad it is a sign that winter is on it's way. I pan to do some cleaning and grocery shopping today. I'm also hoping to do some crafting. My baby blanket only needs a few more rounds to be finished. I hate doing those last few rounds of round blankets though, because they take so long to complete and it feels like nothing is getting accomplished.

Hope you all have a good day.

Hi everyone! I have windows open! It's cool enough to go without a.c. until noon or so. :)

Tam ~ Love the pictures of all the goodies from Joanne and Marisa. :cheerBeautiful work, ladies. :yes

Linda ~ Super progress on the quilt! :clap Can't wait for pictures.

Wrennie ~ Oh, how awful to have more rain/flooding after what you've been through. :hug Stay safe! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Your plans for the day sound good. Yep, getting through those last rows seem to take forever! That's why I have a couple of ghans finished...except for the border. :blush:lol

I think I forgot to tell you about my great-nieces. They are staying where they are for now...not a good thing. :( I worry about them and really wish they were in a better environment. :yes

:sun ...........::Good Morning House ::..............

Poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you all know I'm around and thinkin' of you all!!! Busy Busy Busy getting ready for the craft fair and fundraiser.

thank you everyone who has helped me with the fundraiser for Ken. I really do hope you know how much I appreciate it! It would be nice if I can at least make enough money to put a good dent in one doctor bill for him. I'm going to continue to sell things at the Soap Shop and I'm looking at putting things in a shop in the town my mom lives in. With Christmas getting closer and closer.. maybe folks will buy some things.

have a great day ladies

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Hello ~

The first day of school went off well. You know me well enough, to know that I was missing the girls and anxious to hear how their days had gone, by the time 3 o'clock rolled around. Here they were, before eating breakfast

post-20536-135897694515_thumb.jpg

Wrennie ~ SO glad to hear from you :hug:hug I am so sorry about all of the flooding and the additional rain you are receiving this week. Yikes -- those images and stories of your area are horrific. I am glad you were safe and with friends the whole time. :xfin Your friend's mom is alright after the procedure to drain the fluid in her chest cavity.

I know alot of people have it worse than me.

Some days I just dont feel so strong. Or really just want someone to fall to pieces on. And I dont want someone else to have to deal for me, so..... i keep plugging on.

I'll tell ya tho'. If tomorrow at work someone aske me how my weekend was, they best duck cause I may jusy knock them out.... :lol:lol:lol:lol Go for it. I hope no one was crass enough to bother you, especially since you were at work under such trying circumstances, but I say, "Let 'em have it, if they ask for it." :yes

Faile ~ Oh, you are right, that your son would not get as much pleasure from you chopping veggies for a second day in a row. The Thai egg rolls will taste extra yummy if you spread them out a few days, too. Hope you had an enjoyable end to your Labor Day Weekend.

Hi Marisa ~ Did you have any luck in your talks with the signage company? Can you show us what you are thinking of for your signs and letterhead? I am sooooo excited for you! Had to laugh when you said your dad was going back to work to get a break :yes Coming home from vacation, sometimes, I have the same thought: "I need a vacation to recover from the vacation," as there is always a mountain of extra work to face. You have certainly been busy, but it sounds as though you are making great strides every day.

Mary ~ How are you situated among the wildfires? I was worried when we saw footage on the news last night :hug:hug How fun it must have been to see Luke at the Little Tikes Gym class, yesterday morning. I am so glad you live near enough to be able to be such a big part of his regular routine :heart Take care.

Marlene ~ You were right, we all did sleep well on Monday night. Usually, I think the girls and I are anxious, thinking about going back to school, but all of the fresh air gave us sound sleep and sweet dreams. Annika did tell me in the morning, that she thought she would go to be a half hour earlier the second night, but she perked right up after breakfast and never talked about being sleepy, again. We found a couple of trees to plant, so we were outside last night making holes for them. DH is planting them with a future wind break on the edge of the property in mind. I think it will be (quite) a few years before the trees are big enough to do us any good....but, what do I know? :lol Congrats on getting your new grill. Sounds as though you put it through its paces right away with your in-laws. Here's hoping Maya has a good day at school!! Does she walk to school, or does she ride a schoolbus?

Linda ~ Gentle :hugto you in this damp weather. Your progress on the quilt sounds fantastic. Had to laugh at Kim's antics, yesterday. I hope she is in high spirits again, today -- that's easier to think about that when she is not feeling well. I am glad to hear Rosie was able to get the shot, yesterday, and I hope she slept well overnight. Her body has got to be so overtired by this point...poor lady. Thinking of her, too :hug

Cindy ~ The train trip sounds fabulous. Have you booked your reservations, yet? Our weather is reported to be warm and sunny for the entire next 10 days. I cannot remember a stretch of time this long that has been calm and pleasant. I hope you are in the same weather pattern. I am so happy to hear that your father is improving. Since he was the one initiating the car maintenance and brushing up on the driver's rules and regs, it sounds so positive for his recovery. Thank goodness :yes

Trish ~ Cool and foggy -- that does sound like fall weather. In a way, I am sorry to hear that you have to go back to work, but what is, is, and I am glad you have a job to return to after your surgery. These last days/weeks before Baby are so nerve-wracking. I remember waking up in the mornings towards the ends of my pregnancies and wondering, "Is today the day I get to meet this little one?" And, always, the answer was, "No." :rofl Both girls were born 10 days past their due dates. I put-off the official induction appointments, because I was afraid of those strong drugs, but I did have serious 'chats' with the babies that they had better make up their minds to come soon, or the Dr. was going to be in charge, and it was no longer going to be their decision to make. Good luck to the whole family.

I really was not planning to do this this early, but I purchased tickets for our Hawaii holiday this morning. The prices were wonderfully low, the connection times could not be beat, and we can afford to stay 25 days this year, at this rate. I am so excited and cannot wait to tell the girls this afternoon. Oh, we do not leave for 5 more months, but I know paradise is on the horizon :plane; this will be comforting, when the snow starts to fly in another 6-7 weeks.

Okay, I am off. Have a good day :manyheart

It's me again. The Bank closed my branch for the day cause of the rain/potential flood. The Area manager told mymanager that Stephanie& I were to be given today off. We're supposed to report to other branches if ours closes to work. But we 2 live in Phoenicia and the Area mang. was afraid if we left we might not get home again.

My Mgr said the roads leading in/out of town were being closed off. The one on our main highway was almost under again, so no way into the area. I called Kenne & Steve (they work together, Steves the one with the house where we camped & played manly croquet ) and told them stuff was closing. Stephanie was evacuated from her house at 6 this morning. I wasn't sure Kenne would be getting home tonight.

The rain has let up some now. The water looks like its receding. But it is supposed to start up heavier again tonight. Keep your :xfin that it does no more than mist or sprinkle. :2rain

So with a day off I guess I should pull out some yarn.........

NO gotta get stuff done around here! (yaaaarn, yaaaarn)

gah! :lol:lol:lol

Dusti the girls are really cute!

Dusti ~ The girls are just adorable! They always have the biggest smiles. :) How fun to have your trip booked...I know how you look forward to leaving the bitter cold winter behind in February-March! :yay

Wrennie ~ Yay for a day off! Sorry about the reason for it, though. Are you spending some time with your hook?

Tam ~ Keeping fingers and toes crossed that your craft fair and fundraiser are a success. :yes We're all cheering for you! :cheer

The wildfires are not very close to us, thank goodness. The worst ones are in central Texas not far from Austin, but others are scattered across the state. We have ranch land about 2 blocks away, so are always on the alert...we were evacuated a few years ago when a fire was within a few blocks of us. The wind changed so it went in another direction and we were able to come home that evening.

Hi all,

Cindy- Hope you got some crafting in today! I know what you mean about the round afghans--those last few rows are torture!!!:lol And what did I do last night? I started another RR of course!!!:lol:lol Making it as a surprise for my oldest. I am taking a few days off for my birthday and going to Boston to visit her in October!!!!:clap

Wrennie- As Linda and Cindy said, just pulling the fluid out should make your friends mom feel a lot better. Maine is so beautiful--hope you can go--but I hope more that your Mom's friend will be ok!! We had roads closed again here in NJ from the flooding and it still hasn't stopped. Luckily the roads around me are ok...how's it doing by you? Oops just saw you posted again- hope the rain lets up some--and then at least you got in a little :yarn time!!:crocheting

Mary- :clap for cooler temperatures!!! And glad to hear that the wildfires are not to close to you---so many natural disasters all over lately:( I sure hope your great nieces will be ok. I will keep them in my prayers:hug Thanks for the reminder about Cara's sight. I've printed off the patterns I think I may want to make someday, but good to know that they'll be on Ravelry.

Dusti- Glad to hear that the girls enjoyed their first few days of school so far The picture of them is so adorable- they are growing in leaps and bounds!!!! Lucky you getting to crochet every morning-- Insert jealous smiley right here:lol Also congrats on getting such a good deal on your Hawaii get-away--jealous smiley inserted her again:lol:lol

Linda- WTG on the quilt and I'm so happy to hear that Rosie is feeling a bit better!!!!! How was Kim today? Was she as feisty as yesterday??

Hey ladies, ive been cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. Im tired so just gonnab quicm, plus i seem to b having trouble typing on my nook tonight.

Dustk, i didnt see te sign guy yetbc i have no clue what i want. But a frnd of mine is ging to try to come up with some ideas for me. If u have any, id be happy to hear them. My business is Pancheri Chiropractic, which is my last name.

Tam, u r very welcome, i wasglad to b able to get SOMETHING done for u.

Om ladies, my eyes rtired so ill see u probably friday

No crafting today, but I did clan up my sewing room some. At least there is enough room on the desk to actually use the sewing machine!

I also got a lot of cleaning done, and I went grocery shopping.

Marisa, nice to hear from you. All that hard work is bothersome now, but it will be worth it!

Dusti, I'm with Joanne and the jealous smilies. Great pictures of your girls, BTW.

Mary, I'm glad you aren't near the fires. I imagine that would be really scary.

Wrennie, I'm glad someone at the bank thinks of your comfort and safety. Did you find out anything about your friend?

Good morning. Clear and cold here today.

Dh and I are going to go visit my parents after lunch today. We will be coming home Saturday some time.

I talked to my sister in law yesterday and it sounds like my Dad has made quite a bit of progress this week. Hopefully this continues.

Good morning my friends. I was NOT ready to wake up this morning. Soooo tired. I did get lots done yesterday in addition to getting somewhere between a third and a half of the quilt quilted.

And Miss Kim was in a super feisty mood yesterday. She grabbed the washclothes and through them across the shower, grabbed the towels and wouldn't let go so I could dry her off, wouldn't stand up when she was supposed to, and of course, was grinning the entire time. She loved the meals I fixed her though. And she watched me like a hawk while I was wrestling with the quilt.

Dusti ~ Congratulations on getting such a good buy on the tickets to Hawaii.

Mary ~ Glad the fires aren't near you.

Hope none of you gals in NJ float away in the flooding. Stay safe, Wrennie, in particular.

Cindy ~ Glad to hear that your dad is making good progress finally.

Hope everyone has a good day. It's cool and sunny here today. Saturday is the first day of deer bow hunting season. John will be going out early, but will be hunting nearby, and isn't planning on hunting on Sunday unless he has to track a deer shot at dusk on Saturday.

The sky is big and blue this morning. No jackets needed as the girls ran out to the car -- what a grand way to kick-off fall!! I am so sorry to hear of the continuous rain and recurrent flooding those of you in the East are being subjected to. :hug:hug

This weekend, I am planning to meet my mum and gramma for a large craft show in the central part of the state. DH and the girls are planning to go swimming and work around the house, so that I can spend Saturday at the outdoor fair. Mum and I figured that if we each drove 3 hours and met, we could drive the final hour together and gab -- sounds good to me. I am not sure what I am looking for....but I am sure something will catch my eye :lol

Hi Ladies!

Joanne ~ Ooh! Another RR :hook I've been in the mood to make another one, too. I'll bet you all are ready to be done with the rain for a while! Please send some to Texas. ;)

Marisa ~ You sound exhausted, but happy. :hug Keep us posted on your progress! Have you decided on how your office will be arranged?

Cindy ~ Have a safe trip to your parents' house. Great news about your dad! :manyheart

Linda ~ Aww, Kim is definitely feeling good. :lol It sounds like your quilt is nearly finished! :cheer

Dusti ~ Your Saturday plans sound like so much fun! I love craft fairs and need to watch for ads this fall. I hope the girls are all settled into the school routine and enjoying it!

Hi to those I may have missed. :waving

Our watering is now restricted for the first time ever :( ...Thursdays and Sundays except between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thank goodness for sprinkler systems, or we couldn't keep things alive.

Time to run some errands. Have a great morning! :ghug

Fellow Villagers :

Since I cannot use yarn if I want to BREATHE,

I decided a new HOBBY is what I need . :badidea

What would a 50-something granny do ?

Besides sitting around feeling blue ? :worried

I thought about skydiving, but that didn't fly

Probably because I don't like to be off the ground, way up high . :flying

I thought about collecting insects to tie up with string

But I had trouble putting leashes on them tiny things . :oops

I thought about getting a makeover for a fresh start ,

But found out I don't have enough money for all THEM parts . :ohdear

I pondered going on a big fancy cruise ,

But figured I'd end up seasick and spend all my time in the LOO (sp?):thumbdown

I tried to decide what to do in MY little town

Not much HERE to do but SIT DOWN . :blink

I stood up for awhile for something new ................

A word to the wise, if ALL you do is STAND, your neighbors start looking funny at you . :shrug

One day I tried fishing ,but had trouble with the WORM :sweat

I just don't have it in me to jab a sharp hook into something that squirms .

I could try hunting if I had me a weapon that someone would lend

But I'd be too tempted to put some buckshot in some people's rearends .:tryme

So,what,are you wondering did I find to do ?

So far nothing , except make this poem for you . :scrachin

I miss you all more than you'll ever know

I just kinda sit back ,read posts and lay low . :sigh

I'm sorry I haven't been in for a long time to hang out and yak

I really do miss you all,and that's a fact .:waving

JULIE! Hi! I love the poem and it's so good to see you. :manyheart Even if you can't crochet, you can be...

-Our resident poet :D

-Our fearless leader :yes

-The one to keep us in line :think...maybe not :lol

Just come in and talk whenever you feel like it! How is Mr. Cam?

Hi Mary

Good to hear from you too . I'm good at yakking if nothing else. I don't think you guys need anyone to keep you in line . You all do just fine .

Cam is wonderful.He loves school this year , just signed up last week for TaiKwonDo and loves it ,so now we get to see all his "moves" that he is learning . He seems to really enjoy it more than any of the other sports he has tried .

How is your little Mr. Luke ,who probably isn't quite so little now. I bet he is learning lots of new things all the time now . I hope you are getting to be there to see all the action .

How are the fires down in your area ? Geez, there are so many big things happening now,with fires, floods, bad storms, etc ...

We havent gotten hit too bad here with any of it . It is looking like a regular old fall day,kinda grey,a little cooler, a little rain .

Anyhow, sure good to hear from you . I hope your family is all well .

Julie ~ I'm so glad Cam is doing so well! Maybe he was just ready for something besides the regular team sports. :)

Luke is 17 months - how did that happen so fast? He's such a happy little guy and just starting to say a few words. He's been talking a lot for quite a while, although he's the only one who knows what he's saying. :lol Here he is at Little Gym on Tuesday.

post-10699-135897695066_thumb.jpg

Wow, Mary !

Time goes so very fast, doesn't it ? He's a TODDLER now !!! It seems one day they are a baby,next a toddler .

Such a little sweetheart. Does he have red hair or is the camera coloring off a bit ? If he does, I bet he is even extra-special cute !! A little red-haired boy .Now he needs freckles to go with it !

That's cute when they are talking and you have no clue what they are saying ! Cam was always a gabber and still is. When he is here,there is NEVER a moment of quiet ,between me and him .

:yay JULIE :yay How great to see you!!

Loved your poem. You have not even been back for more than a few hours, and I already have a smile from your posts. Pop in as the mood strikes, we're happy to have you :hug

Archived