Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi ladies,

I'm at my parents house, we got here around 6:30 tonight so were a bit behind schedule. I had a lot of bulky stuff for me and pop to get out and had to bust up my box spring, but I already knew that was going to be an issue :( Anyhow, once we got back here we went to my uncle's who gave me a weight bench and an upright stationary bike for my office. Then mom colored my hair...it was really in dire need :eek Tomorrow my dad and I have to rearrange the truck to add more from here :yes I think we're going out to dinner and then driving to Pitt thurs morning :yay:clap I am so excited!!!!

Tam - prayers going out for Patrick.

I'm exhausted and am going to have another long day tomorrow, so night night :c9

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marisa- Glad to hear that you made it to your parents--and for getting your hair colored!!! Now you really are ready for your adventure to Pitt and the start of new and exciting things!!!!:lol Seriously, I'm so happy for you and can "hear" your excitement! Sorry about the boxspring. Same thing happened when we helped DD move from Philly back to NJ when she started her Master's program.

Have a good day everyone--off to Paradise early to make some hours--decided to try and make up the 4 hours from yesterday so I only have to take 8 hrs vacation time from Monday---

I get my hair cut/colored tonight- so may not be back till tomorrow....or maybe later on tonight.....

Good Morning - I think. :lol Today will be day #65 over 100* and it's already 88*!

Cindy ~ Power washing is so much work, but so rewarding! I hope you're also doing some fun things on your week off. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Safe travels! :)

Marlene ~ Yay for ordering new flooring and cupboards. :cheer I hope you hear from Mayo quickly! When will you be coming to Texas this year?

Tam ~ Oh, so sorry about Patrick's wallet.:( Hopefully someone will find it and turn it in.

Joanne ~ Great anniversary present! :clap How is liitle Ryan? :c9

Hi to those I may have missed, too!

Last night was the Open House at the girls' school. A fun time was had by all. The girls are looking forward to the start of the new year. Both teachers are enthusiastic and creative, and the girls are well-matched for their interests. We delivered the new school supplies and organized their own desks before the first day of school. The pot luck/buffet was well-attended, and it was a great way to kick-off the new year.

Today, the sky is very overcast, and it just looks as though it is going to be damp and dreary for awhile. We have had quite a bit of outdoor time the past day-and-a-half, but I would not mind a little more. Temps are mild, and, knock on wood, the leaves do not seem too anxious to change, so I do not think this weekend will usurer in the unofficial start to fall that is sometimes does. Any traveling for the Labor Day weekend? We are going to stay "put," and a picnic with veggies from our own garden is all that has been suggested, thus far.

Marlene ~ How exciting to hear that you will have new flooring and carpet in the next couple of weeks. Even better, I was so happy to know that the Mayo Clinic will be seeing your DH. Be sure to let us know when he gets an appointment, but I will be praying for a safe and informative journey for you both :hug

Mary ~ What is this I hear about Luke going to pre-school? That makes him sound so big and grown-up -- when did that happen?!? No, seriously, I am so glad that he is doing so well :manyheart And, yes, brothers can be frustrating ;) Here's a :hug, in case the mere mention of our siblings makes you shiver.

Oh, Tammy ~ I am so sorry to hear of Patrick's loss. Did he have any luck with the school office today, when he checked-in, there? Had someone turned in his wallet? Ohhh, I am really hoping they did, and that he can get his photos, newly minted permit and other personal items back :yes

Joanne ~ I hope you are able to make it through your long day at work, today. Enjoy your pampering appointment tonight, too! I am so glad you were able to ride-out Hurricane Irene. The photos of the devastation from the flooding are horrible.

Cindy ~ You have been real busy, what with the power-washing of the house and your de-cluttering. Way to go :clap Were you able to finish with the washing, before the equipment had to be returned? Renting is the way to go with some of those big pieces of machinery, is it not?

My thinking exactly---I like jewelry, don't need it. I love Yarn- have a ton of stash, I like shoes and clothes- have plenty-- but what I don't love is cleaning, so figure that is the perfect gift!!!:yes
Oooh, what a good idea. Can you really hire someone to come in, occasionally, to do the chores you are not fond of?

Marisa ~ Yaaay, you are off on your new adventure. I am sorry to hear about your box spring, but since its loss does not seem to bother you too much, all is well. You and your dad must be awesome packers to have fit everything into the U-Haul, and then to be able to juggle a little bit around and fit in the exercise equipment and odds 'n' ends from your parents' house. Stay safe and good luck on tomorrow's adventures. :hug

Have a good day!!

Almost forgot! The Waverly yarn is definitely my new favorite...of course I'm making a Shelly scarf with it. :lol It feels similar to Vanna's, but I think I like it better! :yarn

I have never heard of Waverly, but I will have to keep my eyes peeled for it in the future after hearing your glowing reviews. How long do you suppose it will take for something new and exciting to make its way up to our neck of the woods? :think

I meant to ask you last weekend, when you mentioned the Shelley scarf, if that is a free pattern? My 'easy, go-to' pattern is the Surreybelle Scarf, and I am going to have to go to my pattern binder to find from where I even acquired that one. It feels a little feminine to me, so I did not make any of them with guys in mind for Kiyo's project, but I like that the pattern does not require me to go back and sc around the edges of the long scarfs, once I am done with the short rows. The fewer steps, the better:yes

Hi Dusti! Here is a link to the scarf pattern. It is feminine, but super easy and no border to crochet!

http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/89470.aspx

The Waverly yarn is by Bernat and I saw it at Joann's for the first time last week. I haven't checked to see if they have it online...

Yes, Little Guy is growing way too fast. He is so happy and creative...and definitely keeps DD on her toes. :lol

Hi Dusti! Here is a link to the scarf pattern. It is feminine, but super easy and no border to crochet!

The Waverly yarn is by Bernat and I saw it at Joann's for the first time last week. I haven't checked to see if they have it online...

Yes, Little Guy is growing way too fast. He is so happy and creative...and definitely keeps DD on her toes. :lol

I'll have to check out Joann's after your glowing review...not that I NEED any more yarn----I might not make it to my 10th anniversary---(unless I hide it in the trunk of my car:lol)

I love the Shelly pattern- just finished 2 of them and am on a third---also like the Surreybelle pattern and have made a few of those. Both patterns are so easy and they are finished when they are done-- no edging or anything needed!!!

The link for the Surreybelle scarf is here (in case you misplaced it Dusti)http://sarahsweethearts.blogspot.com/2009/08/craftee-saturdeethe-surreybelle-scarf.html

Designed by a fellow Viller, Heart aka Sarah Cooper

Mary- Ryan is doing good- and I'll be seeing him again this weekend- and next weekend he and DD's MIL are babysitting since their good friends are getting married and they are both in the bridal party!!!

Hope you all had a good day- it was very long and busy for me- but I enjoyed the time chatting with the hairdresser while my hair was colored. Now it's off to watch the Yankees/Red Sox game..

Have a good night all!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you were able to finish the house this morning before the rain came. We didn't hardly any how about you? That's a big job washing the house. Not sure if we will get to are's this fall or not with hubby being out of it this year. He did last year so it won't be to bad. Were did you find the Organized Home Christmas cleaning plan at? I could use it some organizing.

Joanne, A cleaning lady would be the perfect gift. :clap for getting your hair done. I'm going to get some cut off mine soon.

Marisa, Glad you arrived at your folks safely. To bad about the box springs. Good luck on your journey tomorrow. How far will it be to your parents when you move?

Mary, We will heading to Texas right after Christmas. Of course hubby would like to leave earlier but I can't. Maybe in a couple of years. Good to know about the waverly yarn.

Dusti, Sounds good to have a nice quite weekend with a picinic. My sister is having a cookout saturday so we will go to that. I thinks that's it for us.

Nothing new here to share. I was up late last night so I'm ready to head to bed. I did crochet today. I tracked the pattern down for the swiffer covers at ravelry. I was able to do almost half of it and my hand said that's enough. So I hope to finish it tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

Wrennie keeping you in my prayers. Hope we see you soon.

Toni hope all is well with you to.

Good morning!!!

Keeping Wrennie in my thoughts and prayers--hope to see a post from her soon---as well as Toni- haven't heard from her in a while too---and Julie----

Judy posted on FB that they finally have power back!!! Yay!!!

Cheeria-has the flooding gone down in your complex? Have a good safe trip to SC this weekend!

Phyllis- Are you getting used to not having your DD at home? I know it's quite an adjustment having been there and done that! Hugs!!!

Marlene- It felt good to get my hair cut/colored- it really needed both!

Marisa- Safe travels today as you begin the next phase of your life----

Dusti- DD and SIL (and Ryan) are hosting a Labor Day Bar-b-que on Monday- so hoping that Mother Nature cooperates and gives us a nice weather day!!! After this past weekend/week with Irene, I think we deserve a nice weekend- although they are forecasting some rain---hopefully by Monday- it'll be ok

Cindy- Did you finish the power washing before having to return the power washer? Hope you are not too sore after all that work!!

Tammy- Did Patrick find his wallet? I mailed a package to you Tuesday for your fundraiser.

Lots of flooding still going on in the Northern part of the state----so please keep those folks in your prayers.

Off to finish getting ready for another long day in Paradise.

Good morning.

Marlene, we didn't get any rain yesterday. We power washed until we were too tired to keep going, (about another four hours. We have about 1/4 of the house to do still, and it can wait until spring. It looks much better though.

The Christmas grand plan is at http://www.organizedhome.com, but I can'tget into the website today.

Thank you very much for the link. That scarf is so pretty. I printed out the pattern, and I am going to give it a try this weekend. I like it! Waverly is at JoAnn's? That is something I am going to have to look into, the next time I take a road trip to Grand Forks. Which colors did you buy to try? Did you tell us, and I already forgot? Sorry :blush

I'll have to check out Joann's after your glowing review...not that I NEED any more yarn----I might not make it to my 10th anniversary---(unless I hide it in the trunk of my car:lol) This is funny, Joanne :lol

I love the Shelly pattern- just finished 2 of them and am on a third---also like the Surreybelle pattern and have made a few of those. Both patterns are so easy and they are finished when they are done-- no edging or anything needed!!!

The link for the Surreybelle scarf is here (in case you misplaced it Dusti)http://sarahsweethearts.blogspot.com/2009/08/craftee-saturdeethe-surreybelle-scarf.html

Thank you for digging up this link. Yes, this is the scarf I can make quickly for a hostess gift or to tuck into a teacher's packet at Christmas-time.

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, Sounds good to have a nice quite weekend with a picinic. My sister is having a cookout saturday so we will go to that. I thinks that's it for us.

Nothing new here to share. I was up late last night so I'm ready to head to bed. I did crochet today. I tracked the pattern down for the swiffer covers at ravelry. I was able to do almost half of it and my hand said that's enough. So I hope to finish it tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

Wrennie keeping you in my prayers. Hope we see you soon.

Toni hope all is well with you to.

Yaaay for being able to crochet a little bit, yesterday. What color(s) are you using on the Swiffer cover? I have used Michael's Loops & Threads brand and Red Heart Super Saver with similar, successful, results :hook I hope you are able to go back to the pattern, today, but if you need to rest another day, I would do that instead. A nice, calm weekend sounds good :yes Will you catch up with Maya and your DD? Is school going alright for your young GD?

Good morning!!!

Keeping Wrennie in my thoughts and prayers--hope to see a post from her soon---as well as Toni- haven't heard from her in a while too---and Julie---- :hug:hugto all of you, when you can check-in

Dusti- DD and SIL (and Ryan) are hosting a Labor Day Bar-b-que on Monday- so hoping that Mother Nature cooperates and gives us a nice weather day!!! After this past weekend/week with Irene, I think we deserve a nice weekend- although they are forecasting some rain---hopefully by Monday- it'll be ok

Lots of flooding still going on in the Northern part of the state----so please keep those folks in your prayers. Of course, I will :yes

Off to finish getting ready for another long day in Paradise.

Good morning, back at you :waving I hope you are able to survive you long-houred week in Paradise :hug Thank you for letting us know that Judy's power has been restored. That was awhile, wasn't it? I have a cousin out in VA, and she said they are not expecting their power to be restored until Sunday. Her boys are getting a kick out of the 'camping atmosphere,' but she is dreading the next few days ahead. I hope the rain does not hit you this weekend, and that you do get out to the BBQ at your DD's house. She must be feeling amazing, since she is hosting a gathering at her house, already. Good for her :manyheart

Good morning.

Marlene, we didn't get any rain yesterday. We power washed until we were too tired to keep going, (about another four hours. We have about 1/4 of the house to do still, and it can wait until spring. It looks much better though.

The Christmas grand plan is at www.organizedhome.com, but I can'tget into the website today.

Hi Cindy :hi It sounds as though you worked so hard at cleaning the exterior of your house. Time to put your feet up and crochet, I think :devil I can just imagine how happy you and your DH are to have such a big portion of the job done, though.

Awful thunder and lightning storm blew through overnight, so I do not feel very rested this a.m. Coffee and more coffee on the agenda :coffee The girls and I are going out grocery shopping after breakfast. I want to give the huge puddles in the yard a bit of time to evaporate and shrink, before I let the girls out to play. Otherwise, I KNOW where they will head first :P Ai-yi-yi, I do not think they are mine, sometimes :lol

Talk to you all, later :crocheting

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

I saw a segment on Fox News yesterday that highlighted the flooding in the Catskills - where our Wrennie lives. There are several towns with washed out roads and bridges - some with no other access! I sure hope she is safe and her home is okay...she's had enough for one year already. :yes

Dusti ~ You are welcome! I don't know how I've missed the Surreybelle pattern. It's wonderful! I hope you don't have too much mud to clean up today. ;) I just bought two skeins of the Waverly in "Porcelain Red," but plan on buying much more. :lol

Joanne ~ Yay for a cut and color! I hope your work day goes quickly. :)

Marlene ~ We are going to try and get to the coast later this fall. No one can believe that MIL has hung on this long, but we hate to be too far away and it's a 7 hour drive for us to Port A. Maybe we can come while you all are there! I'm glad you were able to crochet a little yesterday. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Are you going to take today off? :wink

I'm here all day except to take Miss Gracie for her annual check-up this afternoon. 'Hope to finish this scarf today. :hook

Mary. I'm going to do a little cleaning today, but I also plan to spend some time relaxing. I have to work tomorrow.

My healthy eating plan is paying off, I've lost 4 pounds since the beginning of last week, and since I have been diligently drinking a lot of water, I am hoping that it isn't just water weight!

Dusti, my son always gravitated straight to any puddle that he saw. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally ended up with wet feet. I'd be holding his hand as we went into the grocery store, and the next thing I knew, I'd have wet feet because he had led me through a puddle. Evidently, I was watching traffic and other people, while he was scouting for puddles. I never did learn to pay attention.

I've also been worried about Wrennie. Hope we hear from her soon.

Apparently, our shopping trip did not do enough to divert the girls' attention...

Contemplating the big puddles

post-20536-135897693254_thumb.jpg

Annika's rough landing

post-20536-135897693262_thumb.jpg

and, Kyri's graceful landing

post-20536-135897693266_thumb.jpg

They had so much fun and came in dripping wet. No mud, Mary, isn't that great? Apparently, the puddles were deep enough, that they did not even pick up pieces of grass :P Temps are in the mid-80s, so they dried a little as they played on their swings, but I still ran a load of clothes and towels through the dryer this afternoon.

Here are the two projects I finished up this week. The first is the wacky cardigan sweater I was making for myself. I checked my gauge, I measured the individual pieces, and when I assembled it, it did not come close to fitting me. Bummer. I was going to make due with just a single button at the top, when Kyri came into the living room one morning and said, "Oooh, Mommy. I love that. Can I try it on?" I rolled the cuffs in half, and the whole cardigan fits her real cute. Yaaay -- project salvaged :yay

post-20536-135897693269_thumb.jpg

And, here is the tunic I made for Annika. Three colors of Red Heart Shimmer yarn held together and a P hook. It worked up super-quick, and she really likes it. Again, Yaaaay :yay:yay

post-20536-135897693272_thumb.jpg

A good crochet week.

Hope you are having similar results :hook

Cindy ~ Congratulations on the weight loss. Are you finding it pretty easy to plan your meals? I wish you continued success.

Time for dinner on this end. Easy Chicken Enchiladas and a salad. I made a steamed Japanese dessert using rice flour, granulated sugar and coconut milk. I gave the girls a quick taste, as soon as it was finished, and they both thought it tasted like the treats we buy in Hawaii. Yummy.

Dusti, planning meals isn't too bad. I like vegetables a lot, and I eat a ton of those. I also grilled 5 pounds of chicken and some pork tenderloin this week, and I've been using some of that meat on low carb tortillas as a wrap. And when all else fails, I eat a big salad with a little cheese and some chicken in it. Snacks are things like string cheese, a handful of almonds, or a sugar free lifesaver. I am not totally limiting carbs, just trying to choose low carb options as much as possible. I haven't been hungry at all.

Nice projects, and I knew the girls would not be able to resist the puddles! Looks like they had a lovely time.

Great pics of the girls Dusti--and that is so great that you could salvage that really nice looking cardigan!! Love the tunic too!!! I haven't gotten much accomplished crochet wise- just a couple of scarves---and the RR has about 5 more rounds---hoping to get it finished this weekend.

Cindy- Congrats on the weight loss!!!! From WW, I learned that fruits and veggies are so good to eat--I knew that, but until I started following it and eating more of them and less carbs did I start to lose weight!! Keep it up!!!!!

Hi to everyone else....and Mary- I had read about the Catskills too---Praying for Wrennie!!!

Had a rough day in paradise--and then after work, I babysat for my darling little angel, Ryan--just what I needed!! DD and SIL went out to dinner--their first "date" since Ryan was born... It did them a world of good, and spending time with Ryan did me a world of good--so it was win-win!!!!

Tomorrow will be another rough day, but once 4:30 comes, I'm off till Tuesday!!! Thank goodness!!!!

hey ladies:hi

I'm in Pitt :) we got here just after lunch & went right to my new office 2 unload stuff. we got to a stopping point & it started 2 rain so we left the office and went to my sisters house where we unloaded more stuff since it was just drizzling. her bf got home from work shortly after so we had something to eat, took a short break then we all went to keep unloading at the office. a couple of the landlords stopped by with a contractor so they could find out what changes i needed. it's a family business so there's a few of them...i've met 3 siblings so far and they're all very nice :yes we even got the truck back tonight before uhaul closed so thats 1 less thing for tomorrow. my dad and i r gonna go for bfast then over there to kinda sort stuff out and make sure the contractors work areas are cleared out. also the lights were not on, but should b tomorrow which will b quite helpful :lol

oh, my sister and her bf bought me a welcome to pitt present.....a pitt t-shirt & season ticket to join them at the home pitt football games :bounce i am sooo excited!!!!

well, the past 3 days have been insanely grueling :eek and i'm totally exhausted. i didn't read the posts since i was last here...it's just a pain on the phone :( i hope all is well and i'm not sure when i'll make it back :hug

:yay So glad to hear you, your dad and the U-haul made it to Pittsburgh, Marisa. My goodness, have you ever been busy! I am thrilled all is going well for you. Catch you the next time you check-in. Thanks for popping-in, it's always good to see you :hug

Cindy ~ I am so glad you had the past few days off from work. I hope it is not too rough on your first day back.

Joanne ~ Good morning. Only this last day of work for the week. :whew By the time you check your computer, again, you should have survived. How wonderful your evening with Ryan sounded -- just what all of you needed :yes

I am not sure of today's agenda. The munchkins are still sleeping, and the house is blissfully quiet. The sunshine is just poking above the horizon, and it promises to be a bright day. I hope you have a great Friday, Everyone :flower

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Dusti ~ Wonderful pictures of the girls! It looks like Kyri inherited one cute cardigan.:hook And Annika's tunic turned out very cute!

Cindy ~ Congratulations on your weight loss. :clap I love making wraps with a variety of foods...yummy!

Marisa ~ Yay for being in Pittsburgh and getting into your new office space! The landlords sound very nice and that's a good thing!

Joanne ~ Aww, glad you got to spend some time with Ryan last night. :c9

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :ghug

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Any special plans for this long weekend?

Good morning everyone. Sorry to be MIA for a bit this week, but it's been a little bit insane around here. Starting to settle down finally. Rosie's blood pressure was too high for them to give her the shot. They put her on another med for that and will see how that goes. John broke a bone in his foot the day she was to get her shot and is now in a boot cast and hobbling around. I took them over supper last night, a stoganoff of pasta and venison with lots of spices. It got rave reviews. Kim had it for lunch and scarfed it down. Rave reviews from John, too, who had it for supper.

I've finished two more preemie hats and afghans this week. And I've got the drapes that were too long for two of the windows in the office shortened and pinned in place for hemming.

We have lots of hummies in the yard and it's great fun watching them at the feeders and flitting about the yard.

Have lots of jobs to get done over the three day weekend. John will be off for the three days, so it's time to tackle all those things that are hard to do while watching Kim. Not sure how restful it will be, but hopefully it will at least be productive.

John brought home a bunch of figs for Kim this week and then told me to look up recipes on how to use them, as he hadn't a clue. Men!!!! So far I've used them in a fig grilled cheese sandwich and in a salad with avacadoes & tomatoes and blue cheese dressing. She lovely the salad. Her folks had fig trees and he dad made home-made fig preserves.

I didn't realize that the wedding was supposed to be at Rutgers- was it supposed to be at Kirkpatrick Chapel? It's a lovely place- I'm glad it all worked out despite Irene's appearance! The hwy by there is still flooded- that's the way I go to work--wonder what it will be tomorrow?

Yes the wedding was to be in the Chapel.

Dusti ~ Glad that they think that your mom's corneal abrasion will be okay with the antibiotics. That's scary! The pictures of the girls with and in the puddle are great. :lol Looks like they had a ball. Sorry the cardigan didn't fit you but it's great that it fits Kyri, annika's tunic is lovely. And the Japanese dessert sounds wonderful.

Marlene ~ Yay for new carpet, linoleum, and kitchen cabinets! And Yay for things moving on an appointment for hubby at the Mayo Clinic. I worked at St. Mary's hospital when we lived in Rochester and the doctors at Mayo are super good at the odd-ball problems that most doctors never see and hence don't know how to treat.

Tammy ~ Praying that Patrick's wallet will turn up. The quilt is on the list of things to finish up this weekend and then it will be on it's way to you.

Joanne ~ A cleaning lady twice a month for your anniversary sounds like a wonderful gift! Thanks for the link to the Surreybelle scarf pattern.

Marisa ~ It sounds like the move to Pitt has gone smoothly in spite of Irene throwing a few curve balls at you. Sounds like things at the office are going well. And it's sweet of sis and her bf to give you tickets to the home games. A great way to get in a break all fall.

Cindy ~ Good luck on the diet. sounds like you are off to a great start.

Mary ~ Wow! Luke's already in preschool. He's growing up so fast! It seems like just yesterday that you were waiting for his arrival. Thanks for the link to the Shelly scarf pattern.

Archived