Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda- Glad to hear that there were no blow-ups and that the visit went as well as you could have expected. Seriously? 3 pages of Single-space typing??? Maybe that's what he needed to do as you say to get it out of his system. Hope that your hand and wrist start to feel better real soon.

Hoping that Wrennie has weathered the storm!!!

Still reading about lots and lots of flooding and streets closed. Just heard that there are 60 people stuck on the upper floors in a hotel in the NW part of the state due to flooding. Rescuers are heading there now. Prayers that they all get out safely.

Judy is without power- but her DH was able to get her some coffee today- lots of places where she is are without power. It may be a few days before her power is restored.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Joanne, Marisa, Phyllis and Cheeria-glad you are all safe and managed to get through the worst of it without any major problems!:hug

Cindy-Sounds like a busy day with the family! I have to agree with Joanne and vote for crafting!:devil Sorry about your dad's set-back and my thoughts are with you!:hug

Linda-:whew bet you're glad that the visit is over now though! It sounds like John really has a lot to say to her and maybe it's for the best?

Joanne-thanks for letting us know about Judy! It stinks that paradise is closed today!:lol

Marlene-I have to agree with you about the kids playing football. My ds was on the team last year, survived the cuts and everything but barely played. The same set of kids played offense and defense for the most part, and the team did not do well during the season! Very frustrating!

Has anyone heard from Julie lately? Hope everything is ok with her.

Not much new here. Just trying to keep up with the kids and all their school stuff. The weather has been decent, my Giants have fallen four games behind Arizona in the pennant race:angry and still on baby watch!

Everyone have a fabulous day!:hug

Aww, that's too bad....:lol

what are you going to do with your free day?

Since I was very fortunate and the only thing that happened is one piece of fence coming loose, I do think I'll read a bit, crochet a bit, and maybe go visit Ryan for a bit....It's tough being off work!:lol

Good Morning!

Joanne, Marisa, Phyllis and Cheeria-glad you are all safe and managed to get through the worst of it without any major problems!:hug

Cindy-Sounds like a busy day with the family! I have to agree with Joanne and vote for crafting!:devil Sorry about your dad's set-back and my thoughts are with you!:hug

Linda-:whew bet you're glad that the visit is over now though! It sounds like John really has a lot to say to her and maybe it's for the best?

Joanne-thanks for letting us know about Judy! It stinks that paradise is closed today!:lolYea, isn't that the truth?:lol:lol:lol

Marlene-I have to agree with you about the kids playing football. My ds was on the team last year, survived the cuts and everything but barely played. The same set of kids played offense and defense for the most part, and the team did not do well during the season! Very frustrating! I agree and forgot to comment to Marlene- ALL children should play-that's how they learn---

Has anyone heard from Julie lately? Hope everything is ok with her. Me too

Not much new here. Just trying to keep up with the kids and all their school stuff. The weather has been decent, my Giants have fallen four games behind Arizona in the pennant race:angry and still on baby watch!

Everyone have a fabulous day!:hug

Can't wait to hear about the baby!!! Yanks are two games behind the Red Sox and they play them this weekend so hopefully they can win at least one of the games against them. Luckily they are still many games ahead in the wild card so should make it into the post season:yes

Looking forward to a day off work---and glad that I don't have major clean-up to do after the storm- there are still so many people without power and with major flooding issues to contend to. I'm very fortunate!

Good Morning House.........*

° ° ˛˚˛ * _Π____*

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */________/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ 田田|門|

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Praying for all of you that are in the path of the storm! Do stay safe!!!

Just poppin' to say :hi HI and check on you all! I'll have to catch up later!

Busy weekend kept me away and I fell behind on posts! Patrick had double header ball games yesterday..... Gosh is good to be at a baseball game again. Those were for the Fall ball team from UBA (Ultimate Baseball Academy) then he had practice with the Sr Legion boys. He was pooped last night.

I'm busy crocheting for the fundraiser and craft fair! Gosh I hope this goes well!

you all have a great day and I'll be back later to hopefully catch up!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Ok, i dont like replying on the nook. I just lost a long post because a link to amazon activated which seems to happen frequently if the finger tappings r not precise....ok done ranting

Leaving early to mee my parents in allentow to have time to take my cable and intenet equipment back to bethlehem, i figure itll b easier to do it today than tomorrow when we havethe truck. And since ill be that far, im going to stop by hobby lobby too.

Linda...glad to hear that nobody got out of hand

Joanne...thanks, if i wont b around ill surely shoot u a text. Going to my parents tomorrow and then pitt on wed. Im soooo excited.

Dusti...i was also wondering about julie the past couple days.

Tam...taking abox to the post office for u with just a couple small items i was able to squeeze in time for. I know its not much but am hoing it will add a but to the fundraiser.

I probably wont be back until tomorrow might from my parents house

Work is closed today due to no power......

Awwwwww!!!!!

Since I was very fortunate and the only thing that happened is one piece of fence coming loose, I do think I'll read a bit, crochet a bit, and maybe go visit Ryan for a bit....It's tough being off work!:lol

Have fun!

Good luck with the move Marisa.

Hi, Trish!

The wedding that Rosie and John missed got moved to the bride's church on Saturday as Rutger's was closed down and they didn't want to go on their honeymoon still unmarried. Quite a mess, but everyone was safe and the knot got tied. :lol

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Good luck with the move tomorrow and have safe travels.

Phyllis, Glad you and your family faired well. Can't wait to see the rr.

Joanne, Glad your family faired well to. Have a good day off. Thanks for the update on Judy. Hope the electric is back before they said. If I lived closer she could borrow are generator.

Cindy, Tough choices work or play.

Linda, Glad things went well with the visit. Maybe John will feel like he's lift a load off his shoulder now that it is written down. Not to much much fun having troubles with family. Hope your hands & wrists are feeling better soon.

Trish, When is the baby due?

Tam, Glad you had a fun weekend with baseball games.

Wrennie, Hope your safe! :hug

I've been wondering about Julie to. Hope all is okay with her. Maybe she is thinking of something new for all of us to do fall is right around the corner here.

I was going to go to the next town over and do some shopping, but talked most of the moring with my son so decided to just go local and get milk and potatoes for supper. Were having fish and fried potatoes.

Did some measuring in the kitchen. We have to replace the floor and I have a wall that I want all cupboard and counter. Then I measured the floor that is carpeted. It's not really a dining room or living room. We are going to replace that carpet to. Lowe's has free installation so that sounds good to me. Plus we get 10% off.

Have to scoot. Have a nice day.

I didn't realize that the wedding was supposed to be at Rutgers- was it supposed to be at Kirkpatrick Chapel? It's a lovely place- I'm glad it all worked out despite Irene's appearance! The hwy by there is still flooded- that's the way I go to work--wonder what it will be tomorrow?

Ok, i dont like replying on the nook. I just lost a long post because a link to amazon activated which seems to happen frequently if the finger tappings r not precise....ok done ranting

Leaving early to mee my parents in allentow to have time to take my cable and intenet equipment back to bethlehem, i figure itll b easier to do it today than tomorrow when we havethe truck. And since ill be that far, im going to stop by hobby lobby too.

Linda...glad to hear that nobody got out of hand

Joanne...thanks, if i wont b around ill surely shoot u a text. Going to my parents tomorrow and then pitt on wed. Im soooo excited.

Dusti...i was also wondering about julie the past couple days.

Tam...taking abox to the post office for u with just a couple small items i was able to squeeze in time for. I know its not much but am hoing it will add a but to the fundraiser.

I probably wont be back until tomorrow might from my parents house

Good luck with everything Marisa- and have fun at Hobby Lobby- I agree- being right there and not making a pit stop would just be silly!!!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad your family faired well to. Have a good day off. Thanks for the update on Judy. Hope the electric is back before they said. If I lived closer she could borrow are generator.

Wrennie, Hope your safe! :hug

I've been wondering about Julie to. Hope all is okay with her. Maybe she is thinking of something new for all of us to do fall is right around the corner here.

I was going to go to the next town over and do some shopping, but talked most of the moring with my son so decided to just go local and get milk and potatoes for supper. Were having fish and fried potatoes.

Did some measuring in the kitchen. We have to replace the floor and I have a wall that I want all cupboard and counter. Then I measured the floor that is carpeted. It's not really a dining room or living room. We are going to replace that carpet to. Lowe's has free installation so that sounds good to me. Plus we get 10% off.

Have to scoot. Have a nice day.

Can't beat free installation and 10% off. My DD and SIL just put a new floor in their kitchen- he was the "free installation":lol He did a great job and I said he can come to mine too...Doubt he will have time. I would really like a new kitchen floor too.

Hello, Friends ~

Sorry I went MIA over the weekend :blush Mum called me on Thursday evening, saying that there was a horrible pain behind her eyes, that she was super-sensitive to light, and that she thought she should go to the ER. I have never known my mum to make a doctor's appointment, let-alone suggest visiting the ER. :eek My dad was working out-of-town, and my brother seems to have his hands too full with his wife and my nephews to notice anyone else's state-of-affairs, so I told her to, "Hang tight, I will be there in 5 hours." I made it in 5 flat, and that included packing, but I drove a lot of back roads, just so that I could go quickly :drive. By the time I got there, she was resting her eyes in tepid water, and could not even look up at me. What's wrong?!?! We headed to the hospital and were seen quite rapidly by an ophthalmologist. She developed a corneal ulcer -- bacteria from some soil she purchased from a landscaping company over the weekend got under her contacts, and the constant abrasion was irritating. She was told that 20 years ago, this condition would have warranted a cornea implant (I am no medical person, but the thought of that makes me squeemish -- it's her eyes... :yuck), but these days, antibiotic drops (lots of them!!) might do the trick. Three days into the regimen, and she is feeling ever so much better. Whew :whewShe cannot wear contacts for another two weeks, and with her out-dated glasses prescription, her distance vision is awful, but she'll get by alright. Dad's coming home this evening, and he will be able to drive her to work for the duration. I am heading home again; crisis averted.

Sorry I did not have a chance to comment personally to all of you. I am so thankful Joanne, Marisa, Phyllis, Cheeria and Judy are accounted for and relatively safe. Wrennie?? Hoping to hear from you, by the time I check-in next.

Those of you off from work today, I hope you get in some crafty time!!

Love to you all. Catch you, soon. :waving

How scary Dusti!!! So glad that a crisis was averted and that your Mom's eyes /vision is going to be ok.

Had a lovely day , but almost feel a little guilty that I got to enjoy my day off, while so many of my co-workers probably spent it cleaning out flooded basements and worse. Many areas of the state- especially North are still experiencing flooding- major flooding- and one of the rivers is not expected to crest until tomorrow. Please keep these folks in your prayers!!

Wondering about Wrennie--hope all is ok!:hug

Judy is still without power, as is my job. We have to call back at 11 to see if they will open at noon.

Marisa- Good luck today packing up the U-Haul---be careful!!!You and your Dad!

Saw some video clips of VT- they are going through quite a lot too. The devastation is just unbelievable.

Off to do some cleaning- since I'm essentially "on call" till 11 when I find out if Paradise will be open or not.

Have a good day--and hugs all around!

Good morning. Getting ready to go grocery shopping...(actually procrastinating) DD and I have decided to try eating low carb, in the hopes that I will lose weight and she will develop healthier eating habits. We started yesterday, but it is clear that I will need to do some careful grocery shopping if dd is to be successful at this. She is really fond of her snack food.

Wow, Joanne, another day off, (or at least part of a day). Your work always sounds quite busy, so I imagine it will take quite a bit of effort to catch up once it opens again.

For the rest of the day, it will be more decluttering. It has been about two years since I actively decluttered, and I am amazed at the amount of stuff we have accumulated. We have a lot of storage space and therefore we tend to store stuff, rather than decide to discard things.

Good Morning, House.:)

Wrennie ~ We're all hoping you're okay and not stranded with all the flooding. :manyheart

Dusti ~ I'm so glad you were able to be with your mom at the hospital. Hopefully, the antibiotics will clear this up quickly! Your brother sounds a bit like mine...except he's single (54) and lives with my parents. He does nothing at all for them, but they use him for one more excuse not to be in assisted living. :(

Joanne ~ What a way to have days off! The pictures of the flooding on the news are incredible. Stay safe. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Good luck with your move! You sound so excited to be starting your new adventure. :)

Cindy ~ Carbs are definitely my downfall. :lol After a shower, I'm heading to the store and post office...I'll try to be good at the store. ;)

Linda ~ Yay for no drama while Kim's mom was there! How are you feeling? I hope your pain is much better today. :hug

Hi to the rest of my House friends, too! :hi

Luke had his first morning at pre-school yesterday. He'll just go one morning a week from 9-12. DD said he loved it and his 3 classmates. :lol

Computer issues yesterday are now resolved. I changed anti-virus software and it messed up a couple of things, but I was able to correct them - thanks to Google. :yes

Hi Ladies,

Wrennie, Prayers for you that your all right.:hug

Judy, Hope your not to much longer with no electric.:hug

Dusti, Glad you were ablt to be there for your Mom. Hope her eye heals quickly.

Joanne, I watch the weather channel and it's awful how much has been destroyed. I looked up were my Aunt lives New Bern, NC same as Amy. It's quite bad there to. There was a house fire and it burnt down because the fire dept. couldn't get there due to the floods and trees blocking the roads.

Cindy, Good luck with your new diet. Let us know how it's going.

Mary, Good for Luke like his first day at pre-school. Glad you were able to fix your computer.

Hubby and I went kitchen and floor shopping today. I picked out the cupboard that will closest to matching the walls. Are house is knotty pine an no clue as to what the stain was they used. We got the lineloum(MS) for the kitchen and picked out carpet. Lowe's is sending someone out to measure the room so it is exactly, then within 2 weeks are carpet will be installed. Hubby and I will rip up the old carpet. So within 3 weeks I will have new carpet and the kitchen all done. Carpet will be under part of the new cupboard so we might as well wait until that is installed to put the cupboard in. I hope it doesn't take that long though I want it now.

Yesterday after making a call to the insurance co. and the doctors office I found out the Mayo Clinic wants to see hubby first then they will give the doctors office the code to bill them. The doctors office faxed the paper work (79 pages) to the Mayo Clinic last wednesday. So they should be calling soon to make an appt.

Stopped at the store and pick up a few things. Having corn on the cob for dinner with grilled burgers.

Have a safe day everyone!

:( need some prayers please!

Patrick lost his wallet at school today. He's looked all day. His little heart is broken. He just got the 'official hard copy' of his drivers permit yesterday. I'm sure at this point some kid found it.. and ditched it... or Patrick would have found it.

He lost family pics and the pic of him and his little girlfriend from Homecominig last year. Of course he lost money and a few gift cards that only had a touch of money on them... but he really just wants his pictures and permit back.

So I know this may seem silly to pray about .. but if you wouldnt mind... both him and I would appreciate it very much!!!

It broke my heart driving home from school tonight with him crying ...... :sigh

thank you!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Marlene- Glad to hear that you have the new floor and carpet all picked out--before you know it, it'll be time for it to be installed!!!! That's great news about the Mayo clinic --fingers crossed that you hear soon!!!

Tammy- Poor Patrick!!! Prayers coming---and I sent out a package today for your fundraiser.

Power was back at work- so went in at noon. It was crazy busy and 2 new employees started today- as far as I'm concerned they should have told them to start tomorrow- After being shut down yesterday and 1/2 day today- things were a bit crazy and busy...

Oh, well, nothing to complain about when I look around and see what so many people have to endure.....VT is even having flooding from Irene--just insane.

Have a good night House!

Tam, poor Patrick, prayers being said.

Joanne, I figured you'd be busy once you went back to work.

Marlene, I bet you are excited to get new floors and a new cabinet for your kitchen., Its always so nice to have something new. Hopefully the Mayo thing works out for hubby.

Dh and I spent the evening power washing our house. We spent 2 1/2 hours at it and did the entire back of the house, plus the front porch area, the sidewalk, and the lawn furniture. Our house is 84 feet long, so we have a lot of area to cover. There is still lots to do, and we will be back at it first thing in the morning. We rented a power washer, and it needs to be back by noon tomorrow.

I am sort of paying some attention to the Organized Home Christmas cleaning plan, and this week is front porch and list week. I'd like to touch up the paint on the door still, but I don't know if I have any paint left, and I don't want to repaint the entire door until spring.

Good night everyone.

Tam, poor Patrick, prayers being said.

Joanne, I figured you'd be busy once you went back to work.

Marlene, I bet you are excited to get new floors and a new cabinet for your kitchen., Its always so nice to have something new. Hopefully the Mayo thing works out for hubby.

Dh and I spent the evening power washing our house. We spent 2 1/2 hours at it and did the entire back of the house, plus the front porch area, the sidewalk, and the lawn furniture. Our house is 84 feet long, so we have a lot of area to cover. There is still lots to do, and we will be back at it first thing in the morning. We rented a power washer, and it needs to be back by noon tomorrow.

I am sort of paying some attention to the Organized Home Christmas cleaning plan, and this week is front porch and list week. I'd like to touch up the paint on the door still, but I don't know if I have any paint left, and I don't want to repaint the entire door until spring.

Good night everyone.

You got alot done today!! I'll have to look into that organized Home Christmas cleaning plan...I need someone to kick my butt into getting things done around here!!!

On other news, DH asked me what I wanted for my anniversary (10 years this Sept) and I told him a cleaning lady twice/month!

See you in the AM

Now that is a gift that will keep on giving!

My thinking exactly---I like jewelry, don't need it. I love Yarn- have a ton of stash, I like shoes and clothes- have plenty-- but what I don't love is cleaning, so figure that is the perfect gift!!!:yes

Archived