Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Dusti !

Good to see you too . I saw the cute photo of your girls on their first day of school --they sure look like little sweetie pies . I bet you really miss them when they first go back to school .

Glad you liked my poem. Once in awhile I just have one pop into my head.

How are things in your neck of the woods ?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sky is big and blue this morning. No jackets needed as the girls ran out to the car -- what a grand way to kick-off fall!! I am so sorry to hear of the continuous rain and recurrent flooding those of you in the East are being subjected to. :hug:hug

This weekend, I am planning to meet my mum and gramma for a large craft show in the central part of the state. DH and the girls are planning to go swimming and work around the house, so that I can spend Saturday at the outdoor fair. Mum and I figured that if we each drove 3 hours and met, we could drive the final hour together and gab -- sounds good to me. I am not sure what I am looking for....but I am sure something will catch my eye :lol

Sounds like a wonderful weekend coming up, Dusti.

Fellow Villagers :

Since I cannot use yarn if I want to BREATHE,

I decided a new HOBBY is what I need . :badidea

What would a 50-something granny do ?

Besides sitting around feeling blue ? :worried

I thought about skydiving, but that didn't fly

Probably because I don't like to be off the ground, way up high . :flying

I thought about collecting insects to tie up with string

But I had trouble putting leashes on them tiny things . :oops

I thought about getting a makeover for a fresh start ,

But found out I don't have enough money for all THEM parts . :ohdear

I pondered going on a big fancy cruise ,

But figured I'd end up seasick and spend all my time in the LOO (sp?):thumbdown

I tried to decide what to do in MY little town

Not much HERE to do but SIT DOWN . :blink

I stood up for awhile for something new ................

A word to the wise, if ALL you do is STAND, your neighbors start looking funny at you . :shrug

One day I tried fishing ,but had trouble with the WORM :sweat

I just don't have it in me to jab a sharp hook into something that squirms .

I could try hunting if I had me a weapon that someone would lend

But I'd be too tempted to put some buckshot in some people's rearends .:tryme

So,what,are you wondering did I find to do ?

So far nothing , except make this poem for you . :scrachin

I miss you all more than you'll ever know

I just kinda sit back ,read posts and lay low . :sigh

I'm sorry I haven't been in for a long time to hang out and yak

I really do miss you all,and that's a fact .:waving

Julie ~ I'm so glad Cam is doing so well! Maybe he was just ready for something besides the regular team sports. :)

Luke is 17 months - how did that happen so fast? He's such a happy little guy and just starting to say a few words. He's been talking a lot for quite a while, although he's the only one who knows what he's saying. :lol Here he is at Little Gym on Tuesday.

It's JULIE!!!! Welcome back!!!! You've been missed. Your poem is wonderful. :hug :hug :hug

I've been quilting away all day long. Yikes! :eek It still seems like there's a ton of quilting to do. I really want to get this done and on it's way to Tammy tomorrow. It may be a real late nighter tonight at this rate.

Fellow Villagers :

Since I cannot use yarn if I want to BREATHE,

I decided a new HOBBY is what I need . :badidea

What would a 50-something granny do ?

Besides sitting around feeling blue ? :worried

I thought about skydiving, but that didn't fly

Probably because I don't like to be off the ground, way up high . :flying

I thought about collecting insects to tie up with string

But I had trouble putting leashes on them tiny things . :oops

I thought about getting a makeover for a fresh start ,

But found out I don't have enough money for all THEM parts . :ohdear

I pondered going on a big fancy cruise ,

But figured I'd end up seasick and spend all my time in the LOO (sp?):thumbdown

I tried to decide what to do in MY little town

Not much HERE to do but SIT DOWN . :blink

I stood up for awhile for something new ................

A word to the wise, if ALL you do is STAND, your neighbors start looking funny at you . :shrug

One day I tried fishing ,but had trouble with the WORM :sweat

I just don't have it in me to jab a sharp hook into something that squirms .

So,what,are you wondering did I find to do ?

So far nothing , except make this poem for you . :scrachin

I miss you all more than you'll ever know

I just kinda sit back ,read posts and lay low . :sigh

I'm sorry I haven't been in for a long time to hang out and yak

I really do miss you all,and that's a fact .:waving

JULIE!!!! What a great poem---and I've missed you too!!!! So happy:) that you popped in to say hi!!! It looks like you are a poet and don't even know it:lol (or maybe you do)

Hi all,

Well the rain has stopped for now!! Thank goodness---one of my friends from work returned today with the most horrific pictures of damage caused by the flooding. I knew her area got hard hit- and also that she was scheduled for vacation time in Cali to visit her daughter. Turns out they got 6 feet of water in her basement- she never did go to visit her DD and has been cleaning up from Irene's havoc. Today it rained again and she was getting more flooding- and just couldn't bear anymore so came to work. They've already cut down the sheetrock in the basement and she had to throw out some antique furniture from her grandmother- all just so sad.

Work was busy- I spent the training new staff on the computer system- talk about needing patience- but one of my staff came over to me and said that one of the new employees commented to her on what a good trainer I was and how patient and smart I was. So that kind of made my day.

Mary- I'm enjoying making the RR and can't wait to surprise my DD with it. One of my co-worker friends just found out she is having a boy so I think the one that I had just finished in Cotton-Ease in blue, taupe and gold will be going to her.

Linda- Wow- Kim must be feeling great--with all her feistiness!!! WTG on all that you have gotten done on the quilt.

Cindy- Great news about your Dad and we'll see you when you get back from your visit.

Dusti- Have fun at the craft fair. That's quite a trek to go to a craft show!! But I live in NJ and we are a small state so it's hard for me to imagine traveling 4 hours and still being in the same state!!! It takes me a little over 4 hours to visit my DD in Boston, Mass!!! Have a great time!

Wrennie---thinking about you with the new onslaught of flooding....Hugs, my friend!!!

Tonight is the beginning of football season- not my teams, but I'll probably check it out while I work on the RR!!! Have a good night everyone!

Hi Linda

Good to see you too ! I hope you are able to get your quilt completed tonite and dont have to stay up too late to do it ! I bet it will be beautiful .

Hi Joanne

Wow, sounds like you guys have had some nasty weather over that way , it has been a weird summer with lots of odd weather changes . Maybe this fall things will quiet down a bit .

How's the new grandbabe ?

Good morning and TGIF!!!

Dusti- Have a great time tomorrow at the craft show---fun times--and getting to visit with your Mom an added bonus!! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear what you come home with!

To everyone- hope it's a good day for all of you---

Morning folks

Joanne

Have a great time babysitting tonite !

Dusti

Have fun at your craft show ,and visiting with your mom. I used to go to lots of crafts shows (never to SELL,just to LOOK) . I rarely bought much . I liked looking at the crocheted items, but always figured I could make the same thing they had for less money,so it usually just gave me ideas of things to make .

Linda

Sure hope you got some sleep in last night and didnt have to stay awake for hours to complete your quilt !

Good Morning, everyone. :) Gracie has to be at the vet by 8:30 for a teeth cleaning...at the moment she's wondering why there isn't any food in her bowl. :lol

Joanne ~ Have fun with little Ryan this evening. :c9

Linda ~ Wow! You're almost finished with the quilt...can't wait to see it! :yes

Julie ~ Yep, Luke has some red in his hair, but the picture does look more red than in person. He is a cutie, but is getting lots of teeth right now and is not a happy camper. We will have him for a few days next week!

Off to change laundry and will check in later. :)

JULIE!!!!!:hug:hugIt's so nice to see you! Love your poem too! Was worrried about you:( Glad you're ok.:manyheart

Happy Friday! Just a quick pop in to say "hi" before my weekend gets crazy! Going to be at bf's softball tournament and I'm taking my crochet with me. I've got to get this afghan done for the baby before she gets here!

Dusti-have a great time this weekend! I love the big craft fairs, there is always the most gorgeous things!

Joanne-Have fun babysitting tonight! Baby time is awesome!

Linda-Kim sounds like quite the character!:lol

Cindy-enjoy your visit and it's great news about your dad:hug

To everyone elae in the house:hug:manyheart. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

I hope today goes quickly and smoothly for you, Joanne! How nice of your co-worker to pass along the compliments from your trainee -- it's really nice to hear that your efforts are noticed and appreciated, even if you did feel like you wanted to pull your hair out during the day :lol Continuing to think of all of you dealing with the rain and flooding :hug Did you mention what colors you are using in your newest RR? How fun to already have a recipient for your Cotton-Ease Blues and Tan RR :yes I have never used Cotton-Ease for an afghan. I know you just did it, would you recommend it? I have a bunch of skeins that I bought for $0.99, and a RR may be the perfect use :think

Dusti- Have fun at the craft fair. That's quite a trek to go to a craft show!! But I live in NJ and we are a small state so it's hard for me to imagine traveling 4 hours and still being in the same state!!! It takes me a little over 4 hours to visit my DD in Boston, Mass!!! Have a great time! Oh, I plan to :devilFrom where I live, I think it takes me 7+ hours to drive to the southern border of Minnesota. We are going to be just north of Minneapolis this weekend -- only half way :lol

Have fun visiting with Ryan tonight :c9

Dusti

Have fun at your craft show ,and visiting with your mom. I used to go to lots of crafts shows (never to SELL,just to LOOK) . I rarely bought much . I liked looking at the crocheted items, but always figured I could make the same thing they had for less money,so it usually just gave me ideas of things to make .

When I was young, I remember going to a lot of craft fairs and bazaars with my mum and Gramma around Christmas time, but never any other time of the year. Isn't that funny? When I was in elementary school through college, my folks operated a woodcraft business making and selling country crafts. We used to sell at the particular sale I am visiting this weekend, but it has been a number of years since I have gone down to shop. Mum and I were reminiscing about the 'family crafting days,' and the big sales, and we both said that we missed the hub-bub and camaraderie of the other crafters, so we planned to check out our old stompin' grounds, so-to-speak. The weather is supposed to be perfect for the community-wide sale. I hope I come away with presents for Christmas, or good ideas, at least.

Good Morning, everyone. :) Gracie has to be at the vet by 8:30 for a teeth cleaning...at the moment she's wondering why there isn't any food in her bowl. :lol

Off to change laundry and will check in later. :)

I wondered how you were able to get to the computer so early in the day. I hope the vet visit goes quickly. How is Miss Gracie doing? With your water restrictions, it does not sound as though you can really make Gracie's swimming pool for her, but I remember how she like to play in the wading pool last summer :) Did I see that you get to keep Luke for a few days next week? How fun!!! I will be praying for all involved with your great-niece's situation. They are fortunate to have you looking-out for them.

Hi Dusti !

Good to see you too . I saw the cute photo of your girls on their first day of school --they sure look like little sweetie pies . I bet you really miss them when they first go back to school .

Glad you liked my poem. Once in awhile I just have one pop into my head.

How are things in your neck of the woods ?

Thank you for the compliments on my girls. They really are good children. I do miss them during the day, but I am happy they are enjoying school and the interactions with their peers that time allows. Their teachers are creative, exuberant, and enthusiastic about a bunch of different subjects, so I expect they will have exciting lessons this year.

Marisa~ I wish I were more creative, so that I could toss out a suggestion for your business' logo. Guess that is why there are professional designers, right? :lol I hope you finished all of your painting for the week.

Cindy ~ Safe travels. Is your dad still doing as well? Have you heard a time-line for him to return home, yet? How's your mom doing?

Linda ~ Did you have to pull an all-nighter to finish the quilt? It is going to be beautiful! :yes

Phyllis, Cheeria, Wrennie ~ Are you gals doing alright in the flood conditions? Are you still in your homes? Be careful!

Toni ~ Thinking about you.

Marlene ~ I found the pattern source for the tunic I made Annika

http://www.caron.com/images/yarn_images/simply_soft/ss_proj/ss_cowl_vest_sch.jpg

Let me know if that does not work for you. As I said, I have made the pattern a number of times, now, so I am comfortable working from measurements, rather than the stitch counts in the pattern. The P-hook works well with the 3 strands, and my hands did not even cramp-up on this project. I made it longer and narrower to fit my little 6-year-old, but the idea was the same. The bottom trim was simply done at the end -- With Right Side facing, and holding 3 strands of yarn together, join yarn with slip stitch in any stitch, *chain 5, slip stitch in the next stitch, repeat from * around, join with a slip stitch in the first stitch. Fasten off and weave in ends.

I have to do a couple of errands before I pick the girls up from school, so I had better scoot and get my lists organized. Catch you, later :manyheart

Good to see you this morning Trish. I was working on my post, when you checked in. I hope you are able to finish up Baby's Ghan before she is born. How is your DD? More than ready, right?!? :lol Have a good weekend :sun

Hi Mary

Yea,sometimes the colors on the computer dont look exactly the same in person. I think red hair is so pretty . When I was a kid, both my best friends had red hair . I had plain old boring brown .

I have a stupid question regarding getting your dog's teeth cleaned. Does he hold still or try to get away ? I'm not real smart on the pet things. I can't picture most dogs holding still for that, unless they put them in those head-lock things so they won't move .

Hi Trish

So good to see you too . Things here are ok .Not great,but life goes on . I gotta learn to quit letting things get to me like they do .

How soon is it til the new arrival ? I have lost track of everyone so much and now have no clue who is doing what,when .

I guess that's what I get for being gone so long .

Dusti

It sounds as if you have a talented family, if they used to sell at craft fairs so long ago ! You must have inherited it from them ,because you make so many pretty things .

They have a festival here, maybe 30 minutes away that sells lots of handmade items, including lots of foods . I havent been there in a really long time though .

That is great that your kids both enjoy school so much and that they have such good teachers. All my teachers were alive during the Civil War .

Wooden legs, glass eyes, false teeth, hearing aids ..... looked more like a nursing home . They were good teachers, just very OLD .

So, let's see what new stuff I can think of to yak about today .... Hmmmm ..Cam will be walking here after school,but can only stay for a bit .He has his ...well, sort-of his step brother , I guess you'd call it . Steph's boyfriend has a son from a previous relationship,who is a couple years younger than Cam,and this weekend is her boyfriend's birthday,so they are gonna have both the boys to do something fun .

Cam will be coming wither Sunday or Monday (no school that day ) .

I went to a yard sale today and found a real bargain : a Miche purse (not sure they are popular everyplace, but here they are .They are purses that have interchangeable covers,so if you get tired of your purse, just put a different cover on it . It was like new (the lady didnt like it ) ,and has 4 covers with it. 5 bucks for the whole shebang.

I'm not real thrilled with the handles,but I think you can also buy interchangeable ones for it .

I may keep it or give it to one of Sam's work friends. She has one with one cover,so she could use all the extra ones I'm sure .

I am ..once again,attempting to use yarn. Every fall,Steph asks me to make her a scarf,so I am trying to make a knit one with double strands and big needles .My idea is that maybe it will go much faster with the double strands and large needles. We shall see if I can complete it .

I havent even told her about it yet,just in case I can't get it done for her .

Hope you all have a great weekend coming up . I'll try to keep on my TWO DAY ROLL and get back into the habit of posting .

Hey ladies,

I don't really have time to read what I've missed and it's not helpful that my 'last read post' button never works anymore and always brings me to just a couple hours prior to when I log on :think So, that means I have to back track to try to find the spot I left off at :( So, I'm very sorry for that.

I've just been busy cleaning all week and last night we went out for Hibachi to celebrate a friend's bday :) It was really yummy :drool I can't wait to eat my leftovers for dinner! I didn't do too much at the office today, I just wasn't being productive while I was there so decided to run to target and then came home to do computer work. It took about an hour until my laptop came on during which time I tried to get some organization to my piled up papers and accounts. Then I took my sisters bf to pick up his car at the shop since it's finally done (he's been without it for a few weeks now :eek ) After we got back I started with the computer work. I think I came up with a logo and I have a friend of mine cleaning it up and making it look nice. I'm not very good with my artwork and he was an art major :) I think that's about it for now.

I have a business workshop that I signed up for in the morning 8-1 and then the PITT football game starts at 1, so I'll catch up with everybody at the game straight from the workshop :yes My sisters having a party here for the Steelers game on sunday to kick off the season since it's away (and I won't get the Eagles games here for the most part :( )

Alright, I'll be back, but not sure when. I wish I knew why that last read post button isn't working :think

Hi Ladies!

Trish ~ Good luck to your BF in the tournament! Have a great weekend. :)

Julie ~ Dogs and cats have to be put under anaesthesia for teeth cleaning.:( I hate that, but she's too young to lose any teeth. :lol Good for you for working on the scarf for Steph! I hope your breathing is okay. :hug

Dusti ~ Have a wonderful time at the Craft Fair!

Marisa ~ Yay for making so much progress. :cheer An easier way to find your last post just in case...go to your Profile page; Click "Statistics;" Click "Find all posts" and your last post will be listed first. I've used this a lot. :blush;)

I started a scarf today in the "up down" stitch - vertical stripes in muted shades of red, white and blue. It's very long...got a little carried away. :lol

Morning folks

Mary

Your scarf sounds really neat ! It seems a long way off til scarf weather,but it is actually creeping up on us fast . We have some leaves falling off our trees already and it gets darker ealier at night,and has been cool enough in the mornings for a warmer shirt or light jacket,so summer has probably about run its course .

Not much new here today --grey and foggy looking out. Not sure what I'll do today ..

Wrennie, I'm glad someone at the bank thinks of your comfort and safety. Did you find out anything about your friend?

The area manager had a lapse of stupid for once and thought. She usually just thinks of herself.(see more below)

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Phyllis, Cheeria, Wrennie ~ Are you gals doing alright in the flood conditions? Are you still in your homes? Be careful!

I'm good here. Town didn't flood. My house was not even sorta threatened.:clap

I am ..once again,attempting to use yarn. Every fall,Steph asks me to make her a scarf,so I am trying to make a knit one with double strands and big needles .My idea is that maybe it will go much faster with the double strands and large needles. We shall see if I can complete it .

I havent even told her about it yet,just in case I can't get it done for her .

Big needles and double yarn will definitely go faster!:yarn:yes

The rest of the story:

We are not going to Maine.

Donna took her mom to the doc who said travel is not a good idea. Sondra could suddenly fill up with fluids and even have a heart attack in the car on the way up to ME. If we were away and anything happened we wouldn't know where to go. Here Donna knows where the Dr's & hospitals are and she could help her mom.

Second

The flood waters are receding. Towns are starting to get better. We are a federal disaster area, but we'll get through. It could have been worse.

and for the grand finale;

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was looking out the window at work thursday. I see a bunch of men I know talking. I look and think 'that guy looks like Wayne' Then I think, 'no, its my head playing tricks on me cause I want him to be ok'

well

:D:D:D:D:D

I look at Deb & James(co workers) and say 'I gotta go to the gas station and get a snack.' I run out the door and go over

:D:D:D:D:D

and

theres WAYNE!

:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

I go up to him & say 'do you know how many rumors have been on the internet about you?:irk'

he says

'yeah, I heard I'm dead' :faint

So i grabbed his arm and said' ok you're real' Yup had to touch him to be sure.

He had been in Albany med. With everything going on, stress, his previous trauma ( i did tell you he fell 50 feet out of a tree and broke his back all up, right), his body had had enough and just shut down. They treated him there for pneumonia and sent him on his merry way.

I am a very happy camper.

So is Kenne, they'd been friends since they were kids. He was way ticked when everything became rumors.

Good morning everyone. I finished the quilting yesterday. I just have the binding to go and it will be done. I ran out of thread before I got to the binding and neither Rosie nor I had anything even closer to the right color, so I spent about an hour and a half running all over looking for some after John got home from work. Will finish it up today while John is off hunting at his friend's place. 5:30 came way too early this morning, which is when John left to go hunting, so I crawled in bed with Kim and went back to sleep. She's having a breathing treatment at the moment. She's been feisty as all get out all week long. I'm glad, because it means she's feeling good. Just occasionally frustrating when I'm trying to get something done in a timely manner and safely for both her and me.

Joanne ~ Sounds like you are a super good trainer. Way to go!

Marisa ~ Wow! It sounds like you've gotten lots of work done at the office. Hope you enjoy the workshop and ball game.

Wrennie ~ Yippee! I'm so very glad that Wayne is okay. I'm sure that the clean up in your area is going to take a loooooonnnnngggg time to complete. I'm really glad that your home didn't get flooded. Prayers going out to everyone in your area.:hug

Hi Ladies,

Maya had a great day first day and every day since. Iam so glad as she was not looking forward to going to school at all. She was even tickled that she was going to be going to her class without Mommy. I'll have to get on my laptop to post pics.

I had a busy time at DD's this week. A friend of hers came back from the UP (Upper Pennisula) her son had to have a heart procedure done tuesday and she had to be back wednesday. The three of us did lunch and and she and her son came over for dinner.

DD and I did some shopping both days while Maya was in school and after. I picked up a new flat screen computer monitor. When the carpet is layed I'm going to a smaller desk and need a smaller monitor. Can't wait for that to happen.

No call from the Mayo yet so monday I will call them and see if I can get any news.

Last night I got home and we went to GS football game. Third quarter it rained and we got soaked. It was only a small chance it would rain. We left halfway through and SD texted and said GS played last five minutes of the fourth quarter. Figures! Someone sitting in front of us said there son is playing very much either. It's happening because they are playing offense/defense and have to many kids playing both instead of one or the other is what hubby and the other boys mom said.

The guy came and measured the room and I got a call about the carpet and to call them. So I thought it was ready to be installed. Wrong the guy gave them the measurements for a 15ft carpet and we picked out a 12 ft carpet. Our room is 17ft X 17ft plus a few inches each way. So Lowe's is waiting on a call from them. I see another 2 weeks before it gets laid. Which will put it right up to 3 weeks like I said. I know things never goes as planned so don't plan on it. But it sure would be nice to have something go right with this house.

I got my hair cut last monday. I do not like it at all and should probably go back and make them make it right. For one it is shorter than I wanted (that happens to everyone), and I have thick hair so I always get it layered and that thins it out. Not this time it is still thick in the back and almost looks like a blunt cut across the bottom. I'm thinking of having my Mom or sister perm my hair.

Linda, Good to hear Rosie was able to get her shot and is feeling better. Glad Kim is feeling well to and is having fiesty days. Your really making good progress on the quilt. Can't wait to see it. Hope you have some relief from your aches and pain to.

Wrennie, Glad to hear Wayne is alive and feeling well enough to be back to work. Sorry your not going to Maine, but better your friends Mom is not traveling around at this time. Good news that towns are starting to see some receding, but all the work that follows now will not be much fun.

Marisa, Cute projects to Tam! Enjoy some football time this weekend and relax!

Joanne, Cute projects to Tam! Glad you some me time with Ryan last night. That is nice your co-worker relayed the message from the trainee. Your hard work was appreciated!

Trish, I was lucky enough to stay at home with my kids until they were 5th 8th grade. Sorry you have to go back to work, but on the other hand glad you have a job to go back to. I was 15 days late with both of my kids. Hope your able to finish the baby blanket this weekend at the tournament. Have fun!

Dusti, Maya goes to the school right down the street from the daycare workers house and takes and picks up the kids. Which we are glad about that. Congrats on the great prices to Hawaii! Time will be here before you know it. Enjoy your day with your Mom! Hope you come back with lots of goodies. Safe travels! Thanks for the link! Going to go to when I finish here and print it off. The girls are adorable!

Mary, Glad you got some cool temps. Glad to know the wildfires are not near you. Cute pic of Luke! Scarf up and down (?) is that working the long extended st in the previous row?

Cindy, Glad your Dad is improving! Looking forward to your update when you get back home. How are the colors in Canada and the UP? We use to take a fall color trip and have been known to go up to the UP. We would take highway 2 to the west and it was a beautiful trip.

Julie, So good to see you back!!! You have been missed!!! Love the poem. My hubby did taekwondo and got a black belt in it. Glad Cam enjoys it! Hope you can finish the scarf for Steph without to much troubles on your breathing.

I had something else to add but if forgot what it was. I'll catch you all later. Have a nice fall type day!

Hi Wrennie

Good to hear from you and that you survived the latest spell of crappy weather. It sure has been odd weather all over the place this summer.

That is so exciting that you actually saw your "supposedly" deceased friend ! I would have been so shocked, I would have probably been deceased from the surprise of it .

Linda

Sorry you had to hunt all over for the thread ....that is always discouraging when you are close to being done with something and you have to go buy another "part" to complete the project .

Hi Marlene

Great to see you .Sounds like your life is busy as usual ! Sorry you dont like your hair,but it'll grow out then you can get it redone a different way .

Hope your husband is doing ok .

Glad Maya is loving school this year !

Hi all,

Read up on all I've missed---but am too tired to post individuals right now. DD's MIL and I had fun babysitting the little guy and I just got home around 3:30. DD and SIL had a blast at the wedding too!

Now I'm going to take a nap (there's a reason 55 year old women don't have babies):lol

tonight it's off to an art show opening for middle DD's BF---so probably won't be back till the morning!

Hello everyone. We got back from my parents earlier this afternoon.

I read through the posts, but don't have time to respond as well as I would like.

My mom and dad are both about the same. My dad is mostly on the ventilator, but he is in good spirits and is very alert and "with it". My mom saw the neuro-surgeon again this past week, and the brain biopsy results are still inconclusive. They are sending her to a cancer specialist, just in case he has something to offer. In the meantime she is doing a little better physically and mentally each time I see her.

Wrennie, I'm so glad Wayne is okay. But what an awful rumor that was.

Julie, great poem Its so good to see you back! Hope you enjoyed your time with Cam yesterday.

Also what a terrrific buy on the Miche purse. I have looked at them a few times, but even I, the purse-a-holic, could not justify spending that amount of money on a purse.

Well, gotta go, dd, dsil and the grandsons are coming over and should be here any minute. I think we may have a fire in the back yard tonight, since its cooling off nicely.

Evening ladies.................

my goodness have I been a bad girl! I am so sorry I have been so absent lately!!!

I know its not a good excuse... but I have been busy getting stuff ready for the craft fair and fundraiser for hubby!

I really hope these are a success!!!

What a busy day it was today...... but its nice to sit and relax now and get some computer time. I'm making labels for items for the craft fair.

Got up this morning... the whole family pitched in and cleaned house. Boys all cleaned their rooms... Ken fixed the toilet in our bathroom ... cleaned all the bathrooms in the house... then went out to mow the 4 achers of yard we have. Patrick went off to work at 11am.... the other two cleaned the basement while I spent the morning cleaning the whole main floor. It worked out great! Patrick came home at 5:30pm to changed into his "black & whites" (dress shirt/Tie and slacks) to go back to work to do valet parking for the wedding that is going on tonight. That baby is going to be tired! He has to get up for a double header baseball game tomorrow morning.. first game at 10am ... then has baseball practice with the Sr Legion team in the afternoon! :whew!

okay... need to get back at it!

have a great night and a wonderful weekend!

:heart

:mug

Good morning!

Share a smile and a hug with someone today!!!

Spend some time having fun and doing something you like in memory of those whose lives were forever changed on this day 10 years ago.

Happy Grandparents day to those who are Grandmas!

Archived