Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Tuesday Morning!

Temps are dropping :( After seeing 90s on the weekend, to wake up to 43* felt a little nippy. The sunshine is doing a pretty good job of adding heat, but tomorrow's high is supposed to only be 50. Hmmm, officially Fall, yet :think I hope we get a couple more balmy, warm days, yet.

Girls are off to school, and I have laundry swishing around in the machine right now. The winds will help everything dry quickly, so I am hanging the clothes out on the lines, again, today. I have a sympathy card and a 'get well quickly' note that need to be sent out with today's mail, so I am not going to linger on the computer this morning. But, I hope to get back later this afternoon.

Marlene ~ I am really impressed that the Mayo doctors conferred with your DH's doctor and acknowledged that the known procedures had already been applied, but I want to offer :hug:hug for your lasting uncertainty. I completely understand your thought, "Now what do we do??" I hope the procedures you now have scheduled will lead to a plan of alleviating your husband's pain. Are you crocheting or sewing the Strawberry Shortcake dolls for your granddaughters? It is projects like that that find themselves in my ever deepening WIP basket :lol -- good idea, but a lot of fussy work. I find myself making surplus dishcloths or scarves, just because I do not feel like facing a partially finished project :blush It does not often sound as though you have free time in TX, but if you bring the dolls with the plan in-mind to finish them this winter, you might have luck :cheer We'll cheer for you.

Mary ~ :clap for an afternoon with your DD and Luke. 105* is not any cooler. Yikes. I'll bet you are not working on any huge crochet project at the moment -- it is just too warm for a lap-full of yarn. Oh, I started a Shelly Scarf yesterday, while I waited for the girls to be dismissed from school. I am using Bernat Satin in Pale Pink, and it is already pretty at a mere 12-inches long :lol I can see why you and Joanne like this pattern so much.

Cindy ~ How nice of you to treat your nephew to dinner. I remember what a big deal it was when my folks visited me on campus, or my roommate's parents, and we would go out with them for dinner. It sounds as though he really appreciated your visit :yes I see what you mean about lengthening the sleeves on your jacket...multiple hooks and all of the switching would be a bother. Too bad, but it is going to be stunning!! With the cooler morning temps, I am definitely feeling in the mood for fall colors, today. What can I make with rusts and brown Enjoy your train trip!

Marisa ~ :hi Back at you. We'll be here, whenever you have a bit of time to check-in. No worries!!! Your fingers must be raw and your muscles sore from all of your cleaning and arranging at the new office. Do you have a date in mind for your Grand Opening?

Wrennie ~ I loved that passage your posted. Thank you for sharing it :hug It really does seem as though it was written for you, right now. Take care, Friend.

Linda ~ I hope all goes well at Kim's appointment this afternoon. Where are you planning to eat afterwards? I hope the doctor has time to answer all of your inquiries. Are you feeling okay, or is your body sore, knowing that rain is moving into your area? Take care.

Joanne ~ I missed you this morning. Is the traffic still a bugger on your way to work, or have things settled down from the flooding/start of school/holiday traffic mess you faced last week? Hope you had time to stop-off for a coffee treat in the course of your day. Have a good one!

Talk to you, later :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House! I hope you all are having a good Tuesday. :)

Wrennie ~ Thank you so much for sharing the "messages." I loved reading them and they are so true. :manyheart Is your town getting cleaned up after the hurricane and flooding? It must be a very long process. :yes

Linda ~ Hopefully, Kim's Dr. appointment goes okay today! Are you taking a break from crafting after the marathon quilt project? ;)

Dusti ~ Oh, I would love 43* right now. :lol Of course, with the winters you have, I know you're not ready for cold weather yet! I love hanging clothes out, too. We can't have big lines, but I have two retractable ones on the patio!

Marisa ~ We miss you, too.:manyheart Just check in when you can...we all want to keep up with your progress and news!:yes

Grocery shopping, haircut, post office all out of the way for now. All with almost no sleep in several nights! It seems our neighbors have kicked their dogs outside permanently and they are barking pretty much all night. :(

So, realizing after 9 days that things aren't changing, I emailed our city code compliance officer and they are sending a notice to the neighbor. In his reply email, he said that two other people had contacted him yesterday. It's NEVER the dog's fault and I don't understand these people!

Okay, that's my venting for today. :lol Have a good afternoon!

Poor Mary, with so little sleep. What are your neighbors thinking?

Kim had a good checkup and we'll find out about the bloodwork in a few days. We went to Captain D's for lunch afterwards, her choice of place. We drove past IHOP and she didn't even look at it, same thing with Golden Corral, but she was pointing to the side before we even got to the entrance of Captain D's. She loves their tilapia with teriyaki sauce and double coleslaw on the side.

We're home for the rest of the day. I'm tired from my quilting marathon and just working on preemie afghans at the moment. Some with matching hats and some without.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad you was able to spend the day with Luke and DD yesterday. 105 is awful! When does it usually start cooling down? We are going to have a cool down here for 2 nights in the thirty's and maybe some frost this week. Not ready for these temps. Hope you can get some sleep soon. Temps like your having and dogs outside they should be punished.

Cindy, I bet your really enjoyed his dinner and yours and hubby's company. That was really nice of you guys to think of him. Your burnt orange sounds like the perfect color with fall coming.

Marisa, Don't worry about us. You have your hands full with all the work you have to do to get your office ready. We miss you and love you to! Catch us when you can.

Dusti, Those strawberry shortcake dolls have been to Texas once and back. But I do need to finish them. I did about 5 rows on the swiffer cover. My hand fatigues easily so I stop. Now I don't have to worry about the Mayo Clinic appt. I'm going to get my physical therapy started.

Wrennie, Thanks for sharing those messages. I'm going to write the clock one out and send it to my son.

Linda, Glad to hear Kim's appt went well today. :yes on lunch at Captain D's today. I like tilapia to. Take some time and recharge after your marathon. Your body might need to.

Joanne, We missed you today!

DS stayed last night and is staying again tonight. He got a phone call his ex-wife to be came and took the rv he has been living in since April. His lawyer couldn't make contact with her lawyer or another lawyer in the same office. DS is furious. Last week she cut off his debit card with no warning about it. He was a stay at home Dad as she wanted that. She is digging herself a big deep hole when they go to court is what the attorney says. He says the judge don't like this behavior no matter if it is man or woman doing it. Please keep him in your prayers. She had no idea that he was planning on staying here over night and she don't know how lucky she was it just happened that way. I might of had to go bail him out of jail. I can't wait for this divorce to be over. It's tough seeing and hearing your child go through all this pain. It's just like I'm going through it to. I guess being a Mom we feel there pains no matter how old they are.

My Mom just called she had a car accident today, but she is okay. Just without a car for awhile.

Thanks for listening. I'm going to go crochet and try and let some of this go. Have a nice night everyone and I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Good morning!!! Quickly stopping by again to wish you all a wonderful day- and I'll really try and catch up tonight!

Cindy- The train ride sounds like it was good--but 9 hours!!! Wow- that is a long time to be sitting on a train!!!! Glad that you could take your nephew out to dinner--I'm sure that did make him very happy!!

Dusti- 40's??? Wow- Fall is here in your neck of the woods---I'm glad that you like the Shelley scarf pattern. I love it because it is so EASY and so PRETTY!!! It's a WIN-WIN!!! I've got another on my hook to break up working on the RR...It should be done soon. I had gotten some Alpaca Love yarn by Debbi Stoller while on vacation in MD-it was on clearance and I thought it would make a lovely scarf.

Wrennie- Thanks for posting those messages!

Linda- Glad to hear that Kim's appointment went well. It sure sounds like she knew for sure where she wanted to go and eat.

Marlene and Mary--read your posts, but running late now and have to run..Will catch up with you and everyone else I missed later!!!

Hello House...I am truly very sorry that I don't visit more, but truly life has been getting in the way, in a good way, but still...heck Facebook's lucky I visit when I do! Part of it is that my laptop died and I'm back to using a pc which is upstairs and most of the time I'm downstairs...

However, I just had to report how I did at the Puyallup Fair in Washington State this year. It was my first time entering anything in this Fair (last time was over 25 years ago at Cal Expo, which is California's State Fair...) Well, my baseball jacket got 2nd place, and yesterday I entered the Fastest Fingers in the West Crochet contest and tied for 2nd!!!!! I'm still excited...so next year I have something to aim for: Blue Ribbons all around!

I hope you all have been doing good...I'm working to visit my social sites more...but maybe I might have to wait until winter when I might not be quite so busy...big hugs to all of you!

Hi! I skimmed through enough posts to see your quilt! Wow, Linda!!!!!!!!:clap

I've been busy as always and enjoying my reading, writing and Miss Lucy time....she healed bautifully from the spay operation - tg for surgical glue! I think it helped her feel more comfortable as she healed. She tried to eat the cone collar, of course. Other than eating the TV cable wires - twice - she's been fine:lol

post-8552-135897696412_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897696417_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897696421_thumb.jpg

DS stayed last night and is staying again tonight. He got a phone call his ex-wife to be came and took the rv he has been living in since April. His lawyer couldn't make contact with her lawyer or another lawyer in the same office. DS is furious. Last week she cut off his debit card with no warning about it. He was a stay at home Dad as she wanted that. She is digging herself a big deep hole when they go to court is what the attorney says. He says the judge don't like this behavior no matter if it is man or woman doing it. Please keep him in your prayers. She had no idea that he was planning on staying here over night and she don't know how lucky she was it just happened that way. I might of had to go bail him out of jail. I can't wait for this divorce to be over. It's tough seeing and hearing your child go through all this pain. It's just like I'm going through it to. I guess being a Mom we feel there pains no matter how old they are.

Oh, that's just horrible of her. She is definitely playing dirty. DS is definitely in my prayers.

My Mom just called she had a car accident today, but she is okay. Just without a car for awhile.

Yikes! I'm glad she's okay.

Thanks for listening. I'm going to go crochet and try and let some of this go. Have a nice night everyone and I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Good luck with the physical therapy.

Hi! I skimmed through enough posts to see your quilt! Wow, Linda!!!!!!!!:clap

Thank you, Judy.

I've been busy as always and enjoying my reading, writing and Miss Lucy time....she healed bautifully from the spay operation - tg for surgical glue! I think it helped her feel more comfortable as she healed. She tried to eat the cone collar, of course. Other than eating the TV cable wires - twice - she's been fine:lol

Glad to hear that Miss Lucy came through the surgery so well. From the look of those pictures she is still growing like a weed and getting really close to her big brother in size.

Love your dogs Judy! I'm glad that Lucy is healing nicely...

Tobybob, I am so sorry your son is going through all this...his in my thoughts and prayers...

Hello House...I am truly very sorry that I don't visit more, but truly life has been getting in the way, in a good way, but still...heck Facebook's lucky I visit when I do! Part of it is that my laptop died and I'm back to using a pc which is upstairs and most of the time I'm downstairs...

Bummer!

However, I just had to report how I did at the Puyallup Fair in Washington State this year. It was my first time entering anything in this Fair (last time was over 25 years ago at Cal Expo, which is California's State Fair...) Well, my baseball jacket got 2nd place, and yesterday I entered the Fastest Fingers in the West Crochet contest and tied for 2nd!!!!! I'm still excited...so next year I have something to aim for: Blue Ribbons all around!

Congratulations! Sounds like a good goal for next year.

I hope you all have been doing good...I'm working to visit my social sites more...but maybe I might have to wait until winter when I might not be quite so busy...big hugs to all of you!

Hi, to everyone. I recently got a bunch of quilt magazines from my DD and Rosie and I have been having great fun going through them. I found a Quilter's IQ quiz in one of them and took it and then gave it to Rosie who had missed it. We both missed the same two questions, although Rosie talked herself out of the right answer on both of them. 8 out of 10 yielded us the rating, "You know your way around a quilt store." The questions were hilarious. I did find the pattern for a Signature Star Quilt that looks stunning. Of course, I won't be doing it in the same colors that the pattern shows. Me!?! Follow a pattern?!? No way! Anyway.....I will be sending the squares that are for signatures your way in the next few weeks, as I want my Crochetville friends to be included in and on it. I think I'll send them to those of you that live in the same general area in a clump to forward to each other and then send them back to me. Others will go out singly. The squares are a bit futzy to make so they will go out as I get them cut and sewn together.

post-9295-135897696457_thumb.jpg

The Square with the light blue corners is the signature square with the light blue being the star's points and the beige the signature part. The dark blue is the center of the star, and the other beige will be above and below the dark blue and will have a single star point on each square. The dark blue will have two opposing points attached to it when I get that far. :lol It will be assembled as the signature squares return. This will be a project spread out over a fair amount of time for obvious reasons, but should be lots of fun and something that I will treasure in the years to come.

Hi all,

What a nice surprise to see a post from LeAnna and Judy!!! :yay

Congrats LeAnna on the 2nd places--definitely blue ribbon for you next year!!! Hope all is going well with your business venture

Judy- Love the pics of Sparkie and Lucy---I'm glad to hear that Lucy has recovered nicely! And I laughed out loud when you posted that other than chewing the cable line twice, she's doing fine!!! :lol How about those Yankees??? First place- and looking ok!!!! :yes The NY Giants on the other hand....well....we won't discuss it:(

Linda- What a neat idea for the quilt!!! :manyheart That's a project that will keep you busy for quite a while- and will be such a nice keepsake to have!!!! Love the colors you will be using for it. How fun that you took a quiz and you "know your way around a quilt store".

Marlene- I'm so sorry that DS is going through this. Divorce is never easy- (been there, done that) and it really stinks when one party plays mean!! Keeping him in my prayers!:hug

Mary-You must be excited that Luke will be with you for the weekend--you better rest up before then!!!:)

Good morning House!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I finished a Shelley scarf last night! Yay for a finished project!!!

Cindy- Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Dusti- How's the weather- temps still in the 40"s? We are supposed to go down to the sixties--but that is fine with me!!

Marisa- Miss your posts- but know you are super busy getting the office ready- hope things are going all well.

Cheeria- In case you are lurking about- How was South Carolina?

Tammy- Are you hooking yourself silly getting ready for the fundraiser? Good luck with everything!!!

Marlene, Mary, Julie and everyone- Hugs!

Off to get ready for another fun day in Paradise!

Good Morning, House. :)

Hi LeAnna! You sound happy and busy and it's great to see your post! Congratulations on your awards. :clap

Judy ~ Hi! Lucy is just adorable! (And Sparkie, too of course) I'm glad her surgery is over with and that everything is fine. :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, your idea for the quilt sounds wonderful! Good news that Kim's appointment went well. :)

Cindy ~ That was a long train ride. Years ago we went on the Canadian cross country train. It was beautiful, but I can't sleep on trains. :lol

Hi to all of my House friends. :hi

We're not sure if the neighbors were notified by the city or if the dogs were too tired to bark, but last night was the first time they were quiet in almost two weeks. :whew

Today is filled with errands and cleaning...Luke will be here tomorrow a.m. about 9. :D Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Hi all,

What a nice surprise to see a post from LeAnna and Judy!!! :yay

Congrats LeAnna on the 2nd places--definitely blue ribbon for you next year!!! Hope all is going well with your business venture

Judy- Love the pics of Sparkie and Lucy---I'm glad to hear that Lucy has recovered nicely! And I laughed out loud when you posted that other than chewing the cable line twice, she's doing fine!!! :lol How about those Yankees??? First place- and looking ok!!!! :yes The NY Giants on the other hand....well....we won't discuss it:(

Linda- What a neat idea for the quilt!!! :manyheart That's a project that will keep you busy for quite a while- and will be such a nice keepsake to have!!!! Love the colors you will be using for it. How fun that you took a quiz and you "know your way around a quilt store".

Marlene- I'm so sorry that DS is going through this. Divorce is never easy- (been there, done that) and it really stinks when one party plays mean!! Keeping him in my prayers!:hug

Mary-You must be excited that Luke will be with you for the weekend--you better rest up before then!!!:)

Good Morning, House. :)

Hi LeAnna! You sound happy and busy and it's great to see your post! Congratulations on your awards. :clap

Judy ~ Hi! Lucy is just adorable! (And Sparkie, too of course) I'm glad her surgery is over with and that everything is fine. :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, your idea for the quilt sounds wonderful! Good news that Kim's appointment went well. :)

Cindy ~ That was a long train ride. Years ago we went on the Canadian cross country train. It was beautiful, but I can't sleep on trains. :lol

Hi to all of my House friends. :hi

We're not sure if the neighbors were notified by the city or if the dogs were too tired to bark, but last night was the first time they were quiet in almost two weeks. :whew

Today is filled with errands and cleaning...Luke will be here tomorrow a.m. about 9. :D Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Thank you for the congrats! Already planning projects for next year. It's been quite the whirlwind lately...and will continue for a little while longer with stuff going on at the house here (new balcony and deck and eventually a new shed) and I have a medical procedure coming up (good thoughts would be appreciated as I'm a little freaked about it) and a trip to Virginia and Illinois in about 3 or 4 weeks...

It's basically all good, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything at the moment.

I hope you all have a good day today...

Thank you for the congrats! Already planning projects for next year. It's been quite the whirlwind lately...and will continue for a little while longer with stuff going on at the house here (new balcony and deck and eventually a new shed) and I have a medical procedure coming up (good thoughts would be appreciated as I'm a little freaked about it) and a trip to Virginia and Illinois in about 3 or 4 weeks...

It's basically all good, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything at the moment.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Good morning, Mary. Enjoy your time with Luke this weekend.

Things are quiet here for the time being.

Its raining here today. I took my truck in this morning to get the front brakes fixed and he found a bad ball joint too, so thats fixed. I had a feeling I had bad one(s) because of the way my old tires wore out. Good thing is I didn't need calipers so the part $$ went to the ball joint instead. His worker said I was 1 bump from the ball joint completely letting go.

Then we stood talking about tattoos till another customer came in. (ruined my good time :rofl ) Did I mention this guy has gorgeous eyes??? anywhoooooo............

I was going to stack firewood with the rest of my day off, but then the rain started. And its supposed to only be in the mid 60's today. I don't want to make myself sick, so its indoor work for me.

Great doggy pictures Judy!!

Prayers and positive thoughts for your procedure!! Remember the mind is very powerful--just keep those positive thoughts that everything will be fine!!! I'm heading to Williamsburg VA next week for a few days--too bad we weren't heading to VA around the same time!!!:hug

Its raining here today. I took my truck in this morning to get the front brakes fixed and he found a bad ball joint too, so thats fixed. I had a feeling I had bad one(s) because of the way my old tires wore out. Good thing is I didn't need calipers so the part $$ went to the ball joint instead. His worker said I was 1 bump from the ball joint completely letting go.

Then we stood talking about tattoos till another customer came in. (ruined my good time :rofl ) Did I mention this guy has gorgeous eyes??? anywhoooooo............

I was going to stack firewood with the rest of my day off, but then the rain started. And its supposed to only be in the mid 60's today. I don't want to make myself sick, so its indoor work for me.

Great doggy pictures Judy!!

I couldn't believe the drop in temps when the rain came this afternoon!! It's downright fall -like and sweater weather!!!!! So what indoor work did you do? Hope it involved a little:crocheting

L O N G day in Paradise--didn't get out till 6- got a caller who wanted to speak to a supervisor and he talked for about 25 minutes---all in a days work----but I don't like it when I want to leave at 5:30----but at least tomorrow is the last day of work for a week!!!

Mary- Have fun with Luke!!! DD texted me a pic of Ryan the other day to start my day at work---I told her she should start taking one and texting it to me every day---puts me in a good frame of mind looking at the adorable face!!!

Hope you all had a good day--Hugs to all

We are finally home. We had a good time, but it's always nice to get home. We had planned to stay another day and go to Mackinaw Island, but it was freezing and very windy up there today, and the island is always at least 15 degrees colder than the mainland, so we'd have been freezing if we went there. We've been there several times already, so we decided to skip it for this year.

Somehow I misplaced the pattern for the jacket I was working on, so I had to go out and buy another copy of the magazine. That means I have spent $14 on the pattern for this sweater. All I can say is that I hope the sweater turns out to be wearable!

It's nice to see posts from LeAnna, (good thoughts for the medical procedure) and Judy. (I also found it funny that Lucy is good except for eating the tv cable wires, - twice!)

I skimmed through posts and will hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Archived