Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies. :) Yes, it has been quiet here lately...maybe everyone is on a crocheting marathon.:hook

Joanne ~ Old Navy is great! I've bought several things for Luke there and the quality is better than some of the more expensive brands. Yesterday he had on a camo romper I found there on sale last fall and it's adorable on him. :c9 Sorry about the visit to the frog pond. :(

Cindy ~ I had to laugh about your staying out until midnight...can't remember the last time we were up past 10:00. :lol Enjoy your day and the bonfire this evening!

Luke and I had so much fun yesterday. It was a beautiful day in the 70's and we spent most of it outside. I made him a picnic lunch and he ate on the front porch.

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, trying to be better about checking in at least once a week...forgive me if I don't do personals to everyone...

It's a beautiful day, I just hope the humidity isn't as high today as it has been the past couple of days. We usually don't need A/C where we live, but last night, with the new heat pump, we cranked up the A/C because it had been a bit uncomfortable.

Yesterday was Hub-E's birthday and it was a low-key day, but we had a couple of people over for dinner to celebrate and he got his birthday pecan pie. The one thing that kind of stressed us out during the day was that Jack Sparrow (our cat) had disappeared for 24 hours...but right when we were about to do the candle and pie and song thing, he showed up at the French door and Hub-E said, "I don't need the candle, I got my wish..." *Whew!*

Big hugs to all of you and I hope you all have a great day!

Hi, everyone. Kim and I are having a girls weekend as John is at the hunting lodge with Mark this weekend. We've been watching semi-scary movies on TV. Kim loves scary movies, the scarier the better. I haven't minded the ones we've been watching so far.

I made raspberry chocolate scones yesterday. Yummy!! They have both white and dark chocolate in them.

I'm working on Uglee Dolls for the Sept. Charity CAL. I've got the bodies of three crocheted and now I'm going to start in on the bits and pieces. They are in medium blue, dark purple, and warm brown.

Sounds like Hub-E had a wonderful birthday, LeAnna!!!

Linda- Yum--rasberry chocolate scones. Two of my favorite things- rasberry and chocolate!! Especially dark chocolate!!! How's John doing? Deer winning???

Mary- The picnic lunch on the porch sounds like fun. I can't wait till Ryan is able to do some things---but I know it'll be here before I know it. He's 2 mos old already today!!

Went to a friends 50th birthday party and had a great time. Now it's home and relaxing time for a bit!!!

Sounds like Hub-E had a wonderful birthday, LeAnna!!!

Linda- Yum--rasberry chocolate scones. Two of my favorite things- rasberry and chocolate!! Especially dark chocolate!!! How's John doing? Deer winning???

Mary- The picnic lunch on the porch sounds like fun. I can't wait till Ryan is able to do some things---but I know it'll be here before I know it. He's 2 mos old already today!!

Went to a friends 50th birthday party and had a great time. Now it's home and relaxing time for a bit!!!

Yeah, he had a nice low key birthday...might have to do something about that next year though...I want a blow out for my birthday anyway!

Good morning and welcome to Sunday!!! Coffee is in hand,and I'm ready to savor every moment of this last day of vacation!!!!!

Cindy- Have a good day at work!!!

I'll be heading to AC Moore when they open for their big yarn sale- ALL yarn on sale plus a coupon for $5.00 off $20.00 including sale items plus a drawing for free yarn!!! I'll have to go back at 4PM when they do the drawing- you have to be present to win - and ready to shop!!! Luckily, it's close by and there is a Starbucks right in the same little shopping plaza so I'll treat myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte. :D

It's the little things......

Enjoy the day everyone!:hug

Joanne ~ Your Sunday plans sound like my idea of 'the perfect way to spend my final day of vacation." :xfin you win some yarn in the give-away. I have never shopped in an A.C. Moore store, and I am curious: is it for all crafters? Is it similar to a super-center store? Just wondering :think However, Pumpkin Spice Latte, coupons and yarn.... :c9 Have a fabulous day!

Mary ~ Your day with Luke sounded so wonderful :sun My girls enjoy picnics at any time of the day, and they think it is funny to eat breakfast outside.

LeAnna ~ Glad Hub-E's birthday was exactly as he wished it to be, and I am really glad to read that your kitty came home. Any time you check-in, it is great to hear from you.

Linda ~ It would be so hard for me to sit through scary movies with Kim -- just thinking about the subject gives me shivers. Kyri has found she like suspenseful books, but she reads them to herself in bed and continues to let me read the less-scary books out-loud with her and Annika. I remember going through a phase of reading every "Nancy Drew" mystery I could get my hands on, and that is what she is doing, now :manyheart For the sake of your neighbors' and friends' freezers, I hope John is successful in the woods this weekend ;) It sounds as though you are moving right along on the Uglee Dolls. I go in spurts, when I enjoy working on amigurumi projects, and then I remember all of the assembly involved, and I talk myself into starting other projects. I do not mind making the little pieces, or even stuffing them, but I dislike working with all of those ends and getting legs, etc. attached, so that they do not look too funky. What a kind act you are doing to make and donate them.

Cindy ~ I sure hope you were able to enjoy some reading and crafting time, yesterday, since you were banned from doing housework. Glad to hear you enjoyed some time out, even though it would have been too late for me :lol

Trish ~ How are you doing? Are your temps back to mild and normal, yet? I was thinking about your younger DD the other day, how is she feeling? Has the change in diet made a difference, or will it take longer than that for her body to realize it is not fighting the gluten in foods? Softball games this weekend for you?

Tam ~ How did the craft fair go, yesterday? Did you and your mom have a good day? I'll bet your table-space was swamped with shoppers :hug

Marisa ~ Another busy week is about to kick-off. What are you planning? Is the office space coming together the way you pictured it in your mind? Hope you are doing well!!

Toni ~ So happy to read your update. I am sorry your time with us has to be limited, but I sure understand! My dial-up only allows for 50 hours/month, so I have to be careful about how I spend my time on-line, too. I cannot even imagine fitting "work" into my allotment. It would be a struggle :hugContinue to take care!

Marlene ~ I know you were busy this weekend with football and a birthday. How excited was Maya to spend time with you?! I can only imagine :yes Do you have your living room area arranged the way you want it over the new carpeting? What else are you planning to tackle before you head to Texas? Flooring in the kitchen, right?

Wrennie, Julie, Tab, Faile, Christi, Judy, Phyllis, Cheeria ~ Hope you are doing alright :manyheart

If I missed someone, I am sorry. The girls are ready for breakfast, and the timer is going-off for my cinnamon rolls -- I guess it is time to run. Catch you, later.

Oh, YUM, Cinnamon rolls!!!!!

I made pancakes this morning- DH was surprised and very happy!!! I then went to ACMoore (yes Dusti, it's a craft store- all kinds of crafts--kind of like a Michael's) You have to be there between 1&4 to enter the contest, so I'll just go back around 3:30 or so, enter the contest, go grab my pumpkin spice latter and then go back for the drawing at 4.

I also dropped off a box of clothes at Goodwill- DH finally decided to purge his closet and before he changed his mind, I grabbed the bag of clothes!!! He has a hard time parting with things so I wanted to jump on this opportunity!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!!!

Wrennie, That's a lot of wood, but you will be warm. Hope you've recruited some help from those guy friends.

Kenne has been helping me like crazy :cheer I make sure theres always his brand of beer in the fridge and he keeps coming ro help me.:yes

:lol

He's a wonderful friend.

AND my friend Wayne, ya remember the one that was rumored to be dead, well he wants the old jeep to use at his hunting camp. So its out of here soon! :clap And he's paying me for it with firewood! :fire

Hi Dusti, Marisa, Wrennie and everyone else!

:waving

Wrennie, Julie, Tab, Faile, Christi, Judy, Phyllis, Cheeria ~ Hope you are doing alright :manyheart

Doing ok here.

Had a couple of older people I know pass away over the past week. The count of people I knew, or am close to their survivors, is now at 20 since last November.

Henry and Vivien, a sweet couple, I know their kids, grand kids, remember when Vivien came in my store. Both 94 died within 6 weeks of each other. That poor family is exhausted.

Kenne gave me a bunch of cucumbers from his garden. I'm off to pickle, garlic dills, YUM!

And watch the Giants, then maybe go to Steves memorial get together if it isn't pouring rain.

Good Morning, all. :)

LeAnna ~ Oh, I'm so glad that Jack showed up just in time for your DH's birthday pie. :) My MIL used to say she was a cat lover because they are so "predictably unpredictable." :lol

Linda ~ I hope you and Kim are having a good "girls' weekend!" The scones sound sooo good. :yes

Joanne ~ Good luck at the yarn drawing! That sounds like lots of fun. :yarn

Dusti ~ How are you three doing? Since my DH used to travel so much, I got used to it...but I know it can get super lonely, too. :hug I can almost smell cinnamon rolls baking after reading your post. :D

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

I really hope to spend time with my hook today! Have a great afternoon.

Hi Wrennie. I'm so sorry that you've lost some more friends. :hug Kenne sounds like a wonderful guy! We have an old friend who is also a master plumber. Years ago, he helped us remodel a 1920's house and he had a t-shirt made that said "Will Work for Budweisers." :D

Kenne has been helping me like crazy :cheer I make sure theres always his brand of beer in the fridge and he keeps coming ro help me.:yes

:lol

He's a wonderful friend.

AND my friend Wayne, ya remember the one that was rumored to be dead, well he wants the old jeep to use at his hunting camp. So its out of here soon! :clap And he's paying me for it with firewood! :fire

:waving

Doing ok here.

Had a couple of older people I know pass away over the past week. The count of people I knew, or am close to their survivors, is now at 20 since last November.

Henry and Vivien, a sweet couple, I know their kids, grand kids, remember when Vivien came in my store. Both 94 died within 6 weeks of each other. That poor family is exhausted.

Kenne gave me a bunch of cucumbers from his garden. I'm off to pickle, garlic dills, YUM!

And watch the Giants, then maybe go to Steves memorial get together if it isn't pouring rain.

:hug:hug:hug Thats a lot of loss in a short period of time. But hey, at least the Giants WON:clap:clap:clap:lol

Hope you get to go to Steve's memorial!!!

I didn't win the yarn drawing but I did run into Cheeria at ACMoore so it was worth the trip back there!!!! We're hoping to get together soon!!! She looks great and her grandsons are doing well.

I did buy some yarn earlier today- and can't wait to try it out- it's called Starbella and is very interesting yarn. I need to learn how to knit though because I think it would better knitted. There is a crochet pattern for it, but there was a lady demonstrating the yarn with knitting and it comes out really really neat ! Cheeria said she could teach me.

Julie- if you are lurking- you should look into this yarn- it is not like regular yarn- it's more ribbon like- kind of hard to explain- and you know how to knit.

Hello everyone. :manyheart

I finally finished school last Sunday and have just received my final grades.......I am a graduate!! :cheer

I have been enjoying my week without homework although it has been busy with Lily-sitting and a broken car.

We were able to get to my Dr.'s appt to find out what gender the baby is and it's a *drum roll please* A BOY!! His name is Elijah Cole Rex and I cannot wait to meet him. :c9

On the crochet field.....I made a neutral gender friendly baby ghan prior to knowing and I have since made a small RR with some extra yarn. This is my first winter baby, so I have a ton of crocheting to get done. :hook

Other news....Jaden started at our churches private school this year & he is doing wonderful. We are going to be switching Darius (12 yr. old) soon & the older boys (16 yrs. old) are not really wanting to move on to a new school......so they'll probably stay put at public school.

Anywhoo, I am hoping to be popping in more since I am done with school. I miss ya'll bunches. :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Tab, Congrats on the graduation! Hope you can get the car fixed soon. Congrats on having another son! I bet your having lots of fun with Lilly.

I just droped in for a quick minute then I'm off to watch some Desparate Housewives and hope I stay awake for the whole thing. I'm tired right out tonight. Hubby went to the kidney doctor thursday. He said don't worry about the mass at all. The kidneys are fine. He said if 100 people had a catscan 1 or 2 people would have this. I asked what causes it and he said because your alive. I asked how would we know if it became a problem and he said you started growing hair in unusual places. He said we you get to a certain age we start getting pacualiar (have no idea how to spell that word hope you can figure out what I'm trying to spell. lol) things. I've had a couple of people tell me about people who went to Cleveland and had success. Are doctor said he could send us to Uof M or Cleveland. Not sure what to do at this point.

I'm off for the night and I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a nice night and a good monday everyone!

I finally finished school last Sunday and have just received my final grades.......I am a graduate!! :cheer

I have been enjoying my week without homework although it has been busy with Lily-sitting and a broken car.

We were able to get to my Dr.'s appt to find out what gender the baby is and it's a *drum roll please* A BOY!! His name is Elijah Cole Rex and I cannot wait to meet him. :c9

On the crochet field.....I made a neutral gender friendly baby ghan prior to knowing and I have since made a small RR with some extra yarn. This is my first winter baby, so I have a ton of crocheting to get done. :hook

Other news....Jaden started at our churches private school this year & he is doing wonderful. We are going to be switching Darius (12 yr. old) soon & the older boys (16 yrs. old) are not really wanting to move on to a new school......so they'll probably stay put at public school.

Anywhoo, I am hoping to be popping in more since I am done with school. I miss ya'll bunches. :ghug

Congratulations on finishing school Tabby!!!!:clap:clap:clap That's an amazing accomplishment and you should be proud!!! I love the name Elijah Cole for your new son-to-be!!! How is Doah feeling? Great to hear from you!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Tab, Congrats on the graduation! Hope you can get the car fixed soon. Congrats on having another son! I bet your having lots of fun with Lilly.

I just droped in for a quick minute then I'm off to watch some Desparate Housewives and hope I stay awake for the whole thing. I'm tired right out tonight. Hubby went to the kidney doctor thursday. He said don't worry about the mass at all. The kidneys are fine. He said if 100 people had a catscan 1 or 2 people would have this. I asked what causes it and he said because your alive. I asked how would we know if it became a problem and he said you started growing hair in unusual places. He said we you get to a certain age we start getting pacualiar (have no idea how to spell that word hope you can figure out what I'm trying to spell. lol) things. I've had a couple of people tell me about people who went to Cleveland and had success. Are doctor said he could send us to Uof M or Cleveland. Not sure what to do at this point.

I'm off for the night and I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a nice night and a good monday everyone!

Not sure what to tell you about whether DH should go to U of M or Cleveland. If the nephrologist (kidney doctor) is saying not to worry, that his kidneys are fine, not sure there is reason to be concerned. Was it a nephrologist or a urologist that DH saw? Our bodies do peculiar things as we age and some of them are just part of the aging process. I think if you are both concerned, a second opinion from another nephrologist wouldn't hurt. Hope you have a good Monday too

Morning Everyone!!! Time for me to utter those dreaded words--back to Paradise today for me! But on the happy side- I am going to the craft club tonight after work at our local library!!!

Have a wonderful day!:hug

Good morning everyone. The deer won again. The hunters got skunked. And Mark was so tired he never even made it out into the wood to hunt. Plus he's got fall allergies and they were knocking him for a loop. They left early yesterday so I had to hurry-scurry to get everything done and straightened up before John got home. On top of two short nights I was really wiped out. I read and slept for several hours and then went and picked up my new glasses and had supper out. The glasses took some getting used to as I no longer have to tilt my head to see throught the sweet spot of the lenses. Have prescription sunglasses again is fabulous. They are soooo much better than the clip ons.

Today should be quieter and I'm hoping to get a lot done on the Uglee Dolls I'm making for the Methodist Church's Christmas bazaar. I've got a warm brown, a deep purple, and a medium blue one started. The bodies are crocheted with one side sewn together and have one eye made so far. It's making all the bits and pieces and getting them attached now. And of course stuffing the bodies, arms, and legs as I go. I thought that doing them in cycles might go faster than doing them one at a time. We shall see.

:yay :yay :yay Congratulations on graduating from nursing school! :yay :yay :yay And on another son! A girl would have been nice, but you know boys now and that's a plus. And you can use their hand-me-downs for the little one. If I remember right, he's due in January isn't he?

That's good news about Hubby's kidney.

Have a good day back at Paradise, Joanne.

Wishing you all a good day. :manyheart

Hi everyone! Just a quick pop-in to say hello and to tell you all the DD had her baby yesterday at 3:57 p.m. She was 10lbs 2oz and 22 1/4"!!! We had a bit of a scare when DD epidural caused her to have problems breathing, she felt a lot of pressure in her head and then started to panic because she couldn't breath. She had an epidural last time without issue. Anyway, she ended up delivering naturally without any meds. There was a problem with the placenta adhearing to the uterus and they had to rush her to the OR for a d&c. She lost a lot of blood and had to have a transfusion. I stayed at the hospital last night and she is doing great today, sore and pretty tired as can be expected. The baby, Baylie Paige, is doing great, other than her face is bruised and swollen and it's pretty hard to tell what she really looks like! She has a ton of hair though! Well, I'm going to go back to the hospital in a bit, so take care everyone!

:hug:manyheart

Congrats Trish on your new granddaughter!!! What a pretty name, Baylie Paige!!! So glad that your DD is ok- that IS quite a scare!!!!

Linda- Did you get progressive lenses? I love mine- and have progressive sunglasses too- they are the best!!!

Had a long day in paradise- and went straight from work to get coffee and then headed to the craft club. Had a nice time and now I'm beat!!

See you in the AM

Hi Ladies,

Toni, Good to see you! Catch us when you can.

Joanne, That is a nice shrug pattern. What color are you using? Sounds like you have a fun vacation. How nice to run into Cheeria. Glad she is doing and GS are doing good. Hubby seen a urologist. We would be doing UM or Cleveland for the chest pains. How was paradise today? How was craft night?

LeAnna, Happy belated birthday to HubE. Glad your cat made it back home.

Linda, The scones sound yummy. Girls weekend with movies and crocheting-fun. Scary movies aren't for me though. Hope John gets in the groove soon and makes everyone happy with some venison.

Wrennie, Glad Kenne is there to help you cut all that wood. That's a lot of work. Sorry to hear of another loss.

Mary, Sounds like you had a fun time with Luke the other day. Did you get some crocheting in?

Dusti, I still have more work to do and I added to it. Are second bedroom is anything but a bedroom. Hubby made me a cupboard with a bookshelf and 3 shelves in it when we lived in another house and didn't have many cupboards. I have had it in the kitchen but it is going back in the back room. With the new cupboard there isn't room in the kitchen for it. By the end of the week I should have everything back to norm. I have a bunch of totes with yarn or crocheting in them and I want to go through all of it and organize it.

Trish, Congrats on the new GD! Baylie Paige is going to be a big girl and tall. Glad DD is okay. How scary for everyone with what she went thru.

My GS Payton was almost 11lbs when we was born.

We went to the Zac's football game friday night. They won 28-21. They worked for it. This team was a good match for them. It was a good game. There is a young lady who flew here with her parents from Nebraska to cheerlead with Zac's cheerleading team. She is in a wheel chair and has only her upper arms and no legs. The cheerleading coach at GS's school seen the article online about her and how much she wanted to be a cheerleader and invited her to come here. MSU had some cheerleaders there to. She had a wonderful time. It was homecoming to.

Maya and DD came up friday night. Maya was in a cheerleading clinic thursday night and they got to cheer at the varsity game friday night. She was so excited. Saturday we went to her half sisters birthday party.

Sunday we all just hung out here and relaxed.

Today I pulled things out of the back room and rearranging it and put a cupboard in there. Lots of crochet stuff in there. I have two file cabinets I want to rearrange to, but those will have to be next week. I did get my desk out here in the other room. Lots of work to do yet. Can't wait for it to be all done.

I'm off to bed now. I'm wiped! Hope you all have a nice tuesday!

Hi to everyone we haven't seen in awhile. I hope all is okay with everyone!

Good morning!

Marlene- That was a wonderful thing that the coach did inviting the girl to be a cheerleader with the team. She must have been on cloud 9!!! Good luck organizing your back room--it's never fun re-arranging and cleaning out- but it'll be oh, so nice when it's done. The color I am using for the shrug is Homespun Painted Desert.

Linda- Hate to say it, but I'm glad the deer won!!!

Cindy- How's your Dad doing? Keeping him in my prayers.

Just looked at the clock and it's time to get this day started. Make it a good one everybody!

Good morning. It's gloomy and rainy here today. DD and I were hoping to go to downtown Grand Rapids to wander around enjoying Art Prize but I'm not going to do it in the rain. We may visit some indoor venues, maybe Frederick Meijer Gardens. The hospsital that I work in is a venue, but I've seen those already.

I am currently in the middle of laundry, waiting for dd to get up. (That girl can sleep!!! I think its because she works nights.

Trish, congratulations on your new grand daughter. Hope DD feels better soon, that sounds like quite an ordeal for her.

Tab, congratulations on graduation and yay for another boy! My DD is also a mom of 4 boys, and she figures if she has any more, they will be boys too. (and after all, you know how to deal with boys!)

Marlene, hope that someone can figure out something for hubby's health issues. Sounds like life is busy at your house.

I managed to crochet DD a slipper. Yes that's right...one slipper. I didn't use the pattern she sent me, although the one I sued looked very similar. I chose to use on the called for a double strand of WW yarn, and after one slipper, my hands were too sore to make another one. I think the double strand will make the slippers more comfortable, because they will be thicker, and they will last a little longer. I have always felt that crocheted slippers are hard on your feet, because the individual stitches aren't very smooth, and fell lumpy underfoot. Using a double strand seems to pad the stitches better.

Well, need to go work on my laundry. BBL.

Hi, all. Kim and I are off to a normal start to our day. I've got the faces done on two of the three Uglee Dolls and all the pieces are made for the third, just have to attach them. I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back, because it's really tight on the left side and most movement is painful. I'm using heat and Tiger Balm on it, which is helping, and trying to take it easy. We have sunny skies and nice weather.

Trish ~ Welcome to Baylie Paige. I'm glad mommy is okay. Sounds like things got pretty hairy there for a bit.

Wrennie ~ Lots of wood work :D going on at your place. We used wood and coal in the furnace when I was growing up and it takes a lot of work to get it all cut up and stacked. I'm glad you've got some help with it.

Marlene ~ Sounds like a really good game and hooray for the coach for making that young girl's dream come true. Sounds like you're doing lots of sorting and reorganizing there.

Cindy ~ What's the word on your dad? You're all in my prayers. :hug

Have a good day. I'll check back in as I get a chance. :manyheart

HI all,

Gentle hugs, Linda--hoping that the back is feeling a little better. I love Tiger Balm!!! Hopefully Kim was cooperative today!

Cindy- That ART PRIZE sounds so interesting and fun. My artist DD would love it!!! Did you get to go or did it keep raining?

It was a long day in Paradise- and didn't get home till 6:45. Just having dinner and then going to pull out hook/yarn--not sure if it'll be the RR, the shrug....or start another scarf or cowl!

See you all in the AM

Linda, my Dad is more or less the same. No improvement.

Joanne, we did go to one of the Art Prize venues. I think this was my favorite piece there. The colors are actually created by light shining through glass shapes.

I also liked this one. It was entirely made of three dimensional paper hearts.

I think your DD would really enjoy it!

Archived