Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Both those art displays are neat. We've never gone to it before. Sorry you Dad isn't improving but he isn't getting worse. It has to be hard on everyone.

Joanne, Your yarn choice will be pretty. Long days makes for short nights.

Linda, Hope your feeling better tonight.

I worked in the back room a few hours today. I organized a lot of patterns that I have printed off the net. Was going to do my magazines but decided I needed to move things back into that room so I could have my kitchen back. What I have done is such an improvement.

Going to go watch Dancing with the Stars. Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda, my Dad is more or less the same. No improvement.

Joanne, we did go to one of the Art Prize venues. I think this was my favorite piece there. The colors are actually created by light shining through glass shapes.

I also liked this one. It was entirely made of three dimensional paper hearts.

I think your DD would really enjoy it!

They are awesome!! My DD and her BF (another artist) would have absolutely loved this!!!

Good morning everyone. I think the back is a bit better. We'll see how it goes through out the day. I had the heating pad on it for several hours last night after John got home. Kim was really tired yesterday, so we took it really easy and she napped through parts of several shows. The Uglee Dolls all have faces and bodies that are put together and I've gotten one leg made and stuffed (but not attached.:D) Will work on them some more today.

Hope you all have a great day!:manyheart

Good Morning everyone. :)

Just to let you know I'm still here...MIL passed away early yesterday morning in her sleep. :cry She was almost 96 and had been ill for a very long time. There will be a graveside service on Friday morning and then people will come back here for lunch. Thankfully, my sister is going to come tomorrow and stay with us...and help me cook and get organized. So I won't be able to spend much time with you for a few days, but will check in when I can. :ghug

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well:hug

Mary-I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My thoughts are with you and yours:hug.

Linda-Glad your back is better today. :cheerfor the uglee dolls being almost completed!

Joanne- have a quick day at Paradise!

Cindy-:lol I slipper! That sounds like me!

Tab-congrats on another boy and I love the name!:cheerfor graduating!

Ok-here she is,still a little swollen and bruised but still beautiful! She's wearing the hat I made to match the blanket and it fits perfectly!

post-37453-135897700363_thumb.jpg

Just to let you know I'm still here...MIL passed away early yesterday morning in her sleep. :cry She was almost 96 and had been ill for a very long time. There will be a graveside service on Friday morning and then people will come back here for lunch. Thankfully, my sister is going to come tomorrow and stay with us...and help me cook and get organized. So I won't be able to spend much time with you for a few days, but will check in when I can. :ghug

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. :hug :hug :hug

Ok-here she is,still a little swollen and bruised but still beautiful! She's wearing the hat I made to match the blanket and it fits perfectly!

She is beautiful and so are the hat and blanket. :hug

Trish~She is beautiful, absolutely precious. :manyheart

Linda~Yes, he is due in January. It has been 10 years since i've had a baby so there are no hand-me-downs. :eek I never thought i'd want to be pregnant again, but ........... ya know. :blush

I received a call yesterday from the OB office & now they want to send me to get a level 2 ultrasound. She said nothing was wrong, but they just weren't seeing what they needed to........I am scared to death & I haven't even received an appt. yet, they said it could take 2 weeks. UGH!! SO please keep Elijah in your prayers. Thank you. :manyheart

Thank you all for the congrats on graduating, it has been a great relief. :yes

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Linda, Hope the back is even better today. :cheer you on with you dolls.

It's a good napping day here. To bad I don't take naps and enjoy it.

Trish, She is beautiful! Love the hat and blanket.

Tab, Will keep you and Elijah in my prayers. Hope you get your appt soon.

It's a cool day here today with some rain. Are neighbors came up to do some things to close up there cottage. Hubby helped him take the dock out so they wanted to take us to lunch. So we spent the afternoon with them. I didn't do any work here today. My neck is sore today and I have a little bit of a headache. I'm going to get another cup of tea. I'll catch you all later. Have a nice night!

Hi, everyone. Spent my day cleaning and crocheting, and knitting. I made a little progress on several projects, but nothing close to finishing. I also went to work for a three hour meeting this afternoon.

Mary, I am sorry for your loss.

Trish, beautiful grand daughter, she is so cute in her sweet hat. Is dd feeling better?

Regarding the one slipper...its always such a problem to get two the same, but I'm working on it!

Tab, prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

Linda, hope the back continues to improve and that Kim's tiredness isn't a sign of a problem.

Joanne, Art Prize is held every year, (this is it's third year), and attracts artists from all over the world.

:hug:hug So sorry to hear of your MIL's passing.

Good morning everyone. I think the back is a bit better. We'll see how it goes through out the day. I had the heating pad on it for several hours last night after John got home. Kim was really tired yesterday, so we took it really easy and she napped through parts of several shows. The Uglee Dolls all have faces and bodies that are put together and I've gotten one leg made and stuffed (but not attached.:D) Will work on them some more today.

Hope you all have a great day!:manyheart

I'm glad to hear that your back is feeling a bit better. Can't wait to see your Uglee dolls- you have way more patience than me!!!

Joanne- have a quick day at Paradise!!

Trish- she is beautiful- and I love the hat and blanket!!! Enjoy her!!!

Linda~Yes, he is due in January. It has been 10 years since i've had a baby so there are no hand-me-downs. :eek I never thought i'd want to be pregnant again, but ........... ya know. :blush

I received a call yesterday from the OB office & now they want to send me to get a level 2 ultrasound. She said nothing was wrong, but they just weren't seeing what they needed to........I am scared to death & I haven't even received an appt. yet, they said it could take 2 weeks. UGH!! SO please keep Elijah in your prayers. Thank you. :manyheart

You got my prayers and positive thoughts that all is well with Elijah!! Hopefully they can get you the appointment ASAP so you don't have to spend 2 weeks worrying. That's not good to have that additional stress:hug:hug

Hi Ladies,

It's a cool day here today with some rain. Are neighbors came up to do some things to close up there cottage. Hubby helped him take the dock out so they wanted to take us to lunch. So we spent the afternoon with them. I didn't do any work here today. My neck is sore today and I have a little bit of a headache. I'm going to get another cup of tea. I'll catch you all later. Have a nice night!

Sounds like it was nice that you got a break from all the work you've been doing. Hoping that the headache and neck ache goes away quickly!!!

Had a long day again- I really don't like when I am the Late supervisor- because I still go in my regular time (my choice because if I go in later I have so much traffic getting to work and I HATE traffic). Didn't get out till almost 6:eek I can't wait till this week is over!!! it's cutting into my crochet time:(

Good morning. Kim napped quite a bit yesterday and was a lot perkier by evening. Sometimes she is just more tired than other days. And she's been waking up between 3 & 5 in the morning and bugging John, so that could be a lot of it too.

My back seems to be a little better each day, so I'm getting there. I get the Lion Brand newsletter each week. They had a Shimmy Shawl to crochet in this week's. I'm going to try it using Homespun in Grape color for the prayer shawl ministry group. The pattern is really easy and the picture of the finished shawl is super pretty.

Trish~She is beautiful, absolutely precious. :manyheart

Well, maybe we can help you out with some new things then. Keeping you and Elijah in my prayers. The odds are it's nothing other than that he's just not cooperating with his position during the ultrasound. :hug :hug :hug

Tammy ~ I'll have an extra cup of tea with you since I don't drink coffee.

Joanne ~ Hang in there! Tomorrow is Friday and then the week is done. :hug

Cindy ~ Sounds like a nice productive day there. The nice thing about multiple projects is that you then finish up a whole bunch of thing all at the same time and feel super productive. ;)

Marlene ~ That was nice of the neighbors to take you out to lunch as a thank you for your help with the dock. Hope your head and neck are feeling better today.

Thinking of all of you who are MIA and hoping that life settles down for you soon. :hug :hug :hug

Hello everyone. Had a very quiet day at work today.

Tam, I'm having coffee as I type!

We are going out to dinner with the in-laws this evening, and then we decided to go visit my parents tomorrow, and stay there overnight. Things are the same there.

Linda, that is a pretty shawl. I have a bunch of homespun, so will be waiting to see how yours turns out.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Safe travels to your parents.

Linda, Glad your back is feeling better each day. I'll have to go check that shawl out.

Tam, No extra coffee for me today. I had 3 cups of tea last night and then I was up potting more than I like to when I should be sleeping. lol

Joanne, Your Yankees are playing the Tigers tomorrow night. I'll have to watch the game. Maybe we'll have grilled hot dogs for supper and make it seem like were at the ball game. I know hubby will have some popcorn.

Not much new here today, except we did the new cupboard in the kitchen. We are returning the coutertop and get it a foot longer. My sinus/allergies are kicking me tonight. I've just taken my second pill and hope it helps. If it don't I'll fix me some tea and throw my cough drop in there. I use hall's honey & lemon so melted in hot tea is yummy. And it helps the breathing.

Hope all is okay with everyone we haven't seen in awhile. Hope everyone has a nice night and a good friday!

Good morning my friends. It's cloudy today but the chances of rain are low. It's getting chilly at night with temps in the 70s to low 80s now, which is a lot nicer than it's been for a very long time. We really do need some good soaking rain though. Everything is dry, dry, dry.

Kim and I have appointments to get our hair cut this afternoon. Then it's back home to have showers and get rid of all the loose hair. :lol

Cindy ~ I'm about a third done with the shawl and so far it's working up very nicely, although I'm using Homespun yarn, which isn't quite as bulky as what it calls for. I'm using a size P hook to compensate for the thinner yarn which seems to be fine. My guage is good. The gals in the Prayer Shawl ministry group liked it a lot.

Marlene ~ Hope you sinuses clear us soon. Our pollen count has been steadily dropping for the last couple of weeks. Makes me a lot happier.

Joanne ~ Hope you have a good day at Paradise and that day goes by quickly.

Oh, Friends ~ :ghug I feel so remiss about keeping in-touch with all of you :cry I am sorry. I have been reading and trying to keep up, but I always run out of time to send a thoughtful response to everyone. DH returned home on Wednesday night, and I hope I can settle back into a routine that allows me chatting time with you. He had not suffered from the migraines he usually gets after traveling and being without good rest, and I am keeping my fingers crossed he continues to feel well. The girls and I have such a smooth system worked out for our mornings, that they have even had time to play before we head out the door, because they were dressed and fed by 7:05. How that happened, I am not sure, but it sure was pleasant not to feel rushed. Here are a couple of recent pics of them wearing tops I crocheted in the past month:

post-20536-135897700486_thumb.jpg

Next week is Birthday Week with Annika's 7th birthday on Wednesday and Kyri's 10th on Friday. We will do mini golf with DH and fireworks in our field this weekend to kick-off the festivities :mdust I am in the process of planning my menus for each girl's special day, and then I need to spend some time making sure I have presents wrapped and ready-to-go. It will be a busy, but fun, week!

I have just a bit of time left, here, before I need to get ready to go in to school. Today, it is Homecoming for the local high school, and our students have a float in the parade. Kyri is riding on the float and tossing candy to the crowd, and she is SO excited. I am going to help put the finishing decorative touches on the float and organize our students. The sun is shining and it should be in the 60s, pefect Homecoming weather.

Before I go, I have to make a few comments:

Trish ~ Congratulations on your beautiful, new granddaughter. I hope she and your DD continue to heal and feel better with each passing day. Lovely hat and blankie you made for her!

Linda ~ I am going to have to go back and see if I missed the finished post about your Uglee Dolls, but you sure have been working non-stop on those critters. I know they will be a hit at the bazaar. I hope you and Kim are happy with this afternoon's haircuts. Continue to take care of your back and rest with that heating pad. Is John heading to the camp after work for Round 2 with the deer?

Joanne ~ You have had such a long week, it sounds like. Are you getting the awful rains that I am seeing in VA on my news? Just what y'all do not need :ohdear I was sorry to hear that your name did not get drawn for the yarn gift certificate last weekend, but it still sounds as though you had a nice outing. Thank you for the update of Cheeria and her grandboys. What are your weekend plans? Can you relax and crochet, or are you starting to get your house ready for fall?

Cindy ~ Have a safe trip. I hope you have a good visit with your folks. Are you taking the second slipper to work on? I have never made slippers bigger than a 6-month-size, so I have not fought with size variations, but it made me smile, because I could picture one lonely slipper, waiting for a match. If the slipper-project does not make the cut for your travel bag, it sounded as though you had a couple of other projects on your hooks, so I hope you get some relaxing moments with your yarn over the weekend.

Tab ~ Congratulations on graduating, and, also, on finding out that your little 'un is going to be a boy. I am praying you are able to get an ultrasound appointment sooner rather than later, so that you do not have to worry any longer. God bless Baby Elijah:heart I hope you will get some answers, shortly.

Marlene ~ Your lunch out with the neighbors sounds nice and relaxing -- just what you needed to give your neck and head a rest. How long will you have to wait for the new counter top? We had to return one for our bathroom a few years ago, as the angles had been incorrectly cut, but it did not take long to get the correct piece, if I recall right. Are you sticking with your Tailgating Menu of hotdogs and popcorn, tonight? My girls would love sharing the meal with you, as those are two of their favorite foods, when they visit my folks in the summer. Hope you enjoy the baseball game.

Mary ~ Continued hugs to lift up your spirits this weekend :hug

Talk to you All, later :compute

post-20536-135897700471_thumb.jpg

Oh, Friends ~ :ghug I feel so remiss about keeping in-touch with all of you :cry I am sorry. I have been reading and trying to keep up, but I always run out of time to send a thoughtful response to everyone. DH returned home on Wednesday night, and I hope I can settle back into a routine that allows me chatting time with you. He had not suffered from the migraines he usually gets after traveling and being without good rest, and I am keeping my fingers crossed he continues to feel well. The girls and I have such a smooth system worked out for our mornings, that they have even had time to play before we head out the door, because they were dressed and fed by 7:05. How that happened, I am not sure, but it sure was pleasant not to feel rushed. Here are a couple of recent pics of them wearing tops I crocheted in the past month:

[ATTACH]45911[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45912[/ATTACH]

Oh, Dusti, the girls look lovely as do the tops they are wearing.

Next week is Birthday Week with Annika's 7th birthday on Wednesday and Kyri's 10th on Friday. We will do mini golf with DH and fireworks in our field this weekend to kick-off the festivities :mdust I am in the process of planning my menus for each girl's special day, and then I need to spend some time making sure I have presents wrapped and ready-to-go. It will be a busy, but fun, week!

Sounds like a very busy time, but what wonderful reasons for the business.

I have just a bit of time left, here, before I need to get ready to go in to school. Today, it is Homecoming for the local high school, and our students have a float in the parade. Kyri is riding on the float and tossing candy to the crowd, and she is SO excited. I am going to help put the finishing decorative touches on the float and organize our students. The sun is shining and it should be in the 60s, pefect Homecoming weather.

Wonderful weather for homecoming. What a great treat for Kyri to get to ride on the float. Hope she has a marvelous time.

Before I go, I have to make a few comments:

Linda ~ I am going to have to go back and see if I missed the finished post about your Uglee Dolls, but you sure have been working non-stop on those critters. I know they will be a hit at the bazaar. I hope you and Kim are happy with this afternoon's haircuts. Continue to take care of your back and rest with that heating pad. Is John heading to the camp after work for Round 2 with the deer?

:compute

The Uglee Dolls are still missing their arms and legs, although I hope to get some of those added today. John is staying home this weekend, so I get to have the weekend off. Rosie and I are going to go garage saling tomorrow morning early, and I will drop the car off for some repairs before we take off. Where we go from there is anybody's guess.

Hi everyone...I'm among the living. I had my outpatient procedure yesterday and today I feel more normal than I expected to, but I'm not going to go out and try to run any marathons or anything (not like I actually do run marathons...) But what I am going to do today and over the weekend is work on this cat bed shaped like a dog that will be up for auction for our local Vashon Island Pet Protectors "Fun Ball" slated for later in October...want to have it done before I leave on my east coast trip a week from today...so chair and tv is it for me while I work on the bed...

I hope all of you have a wonderful day and weekend.

Hi all,

A long day but it's finally Friday and the weekend!

Dusti- I love those tops you made your girls--- They are so beautiful!! And Happy Birthday to both of them!!! My Birthday is this month too- on the 10th! I love October--the season, the great weather, and of course my birthday!! LOL

Heading to Boston on the 7th to spend the weekend with my DD- staying through Tuesday when I'll drive home, then return to work on the 12th! I'm very exited to spend a little mother-daughter time with my oldest!!!

Linda- The shawl sounds like it will be so pretty!!!

Cindy- Hoping that your trip to your parents was uneventful and that they are both doing ok

Marisa- Keeping you in my thoughts- miss seeing your posts around "our house" and the ville!

Off to settle in for the first game of the Playoffs!! Go Yankees!

Hello everyone. We are at my parents place. Nothing new here. Both are about the same.

Dusti, your girls look so cute in their tops. Happy early birthday to both of them. Hope dh continues to feel well.

And guess what? I finally finished something. I crafted all afternoon and finished a knit scarf, DD's second slipper (and it matched the first one!) and a dishcloth. I didn"t bring any other UFO's with me, but I could make a hat or two from the elftover yarn.

Hi Ladies!

Dusti, The girls are beautiful! Such pretty sweaters you made them. Happy Birthday to them to. Kyri is going to like the ride on the float. Hope your DH can keep the migraines away. We had bean soup for supper (leftovers). When I went to get my bowl I remember I wanted to have hot dogs. Oh well, with this cold, rainy and windy day we had the soup hit the spot.

Linda, Enjoy your weekend off! Hope you find some good treasures at the garage sales. I checked out the shawl your making and that is a pretty pattern.

LeAnna, Glad your feeling much better than you anticipated you would. Sounds like a good plan sitting and relaxing and finishing the dog blanket. Have safe travels if we don't see you before you go on vacation.

Joanne, TGIF! Enjoy your weekend off and do lots of me, me, me stuff to make up for those long days at work.

Tam, How did you sale go last week?

No football game for us tonight. Zac's game is an away game and it's about 1 1/2 hours and thats to far. In the morning we will be going to Payton's football game and Jocelyn's cheerleading. It is going to be cold to. Down in the low 30's here and there an hour north so it will be a bit colder. I turned the furance on tonight. I have never had my heat on in Sept. Next week it suppose to warm back up. They'll probably call it are Indian Summer. I got out my neck scarf and have been wearing it all day. It is going to be a new wardrobe piece. It's been problably 15 years or more since I haven't had hair on my neck and it is cold. I'm going to be whinning about this all winter. I hope are Texas winter will be a hot one.

We have the ball game on so I'm going to go watch it and crochet some pumpkin pins up for Maya's class. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Go Tigers!

Archived