Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning,

The Yankees lost:( but I didn't make it till the end of the game---had to check the score this morning online. But I did finish the scarf:)

Now it's time to get ready for Paradise.

Hugs and positive thoughts for everyone that today is a good day for all!

I'm happy to report that the Tigers won! (I don't care all that much, but my patient was very happy!)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. Another busy day at work. I'm off tomorrow and then work again on Thursday.

Dusti, your must be one of the best mom's ever. What a birthday week your girls are having! Cute teddy bear clothes, did Kyri make those? And I like watching Hosue Hunters too, especially the international version. Its interesting to see what homes are like in other countries.

Linda, glad to hear that Kim seems slightly better. Hope the improvement continues.

Tam, Patrick does look like he is very attached to that vehicle! And thanks for the prayers.:manyheart

Trish, I'm glad you are well enough to go back to work. I expect that it will be hard at first, after four months off, but pretty soon it will seem just like it always was. Its nice for your dd that your new grand daughter is such a good baby.

Tab, did you get your appointment scheduled? Fingers crossed that everything is fine!

Hello ladies. :manyheart

No appointment yet. :angry Elijah is still playing ninja, so that's good news.

I will take pictures of the blankies tomorrow during the day & post them. :hook I still have lots of hats and a prince coccoon to make so i'll be busy. :crocheting I've been dealing with pretty severe swelling in one of my ankles and extreme discomfort in my hips and leg, so I may have alot of down time to make all of this stuff. Being pregnant in my 30's is kicking my rump. :yes

TAM~Looks like Patrick is really liking his new car, but you should warn him he needs to drive it from the inside. :lol

Hi, All :waving

I am in the same boat as Trish -- I am reading, but I am not keeping up too well. It is so wonderful to have Our House to come to when life is tough, when life is great, and even when life is on an even keel -- you all are so wonderful and friendly :ghug . Thank you for being here!

Birthday Week is off to a great start. Sunday morning, DH and I surprised Kyri and Annika with invitations to a near-by waterpark and hotel. We scrambled to pack suitcases, backpacks, and everything else we would need (I had a list prepared for a couple of days earlier, so it was not as bad as it could have been.) We thought the waterpark would be less crowded at the end of a weekend, rather than staying there on Saturday night, which is why we planned the treat as we did. It was perfect! So many times, the girls told us, "This is THE best day, ever." :manyheart We were in the hotel lobby at 3 pm, when we were allowed to check-into our suite. The girls had their suits on under their clothes, and we were riding the first waterslides by 3:30. We played until 6, then we drove into town for pizza and shakes, which we took into a park to eat out-of-doors. By 7:15, we were back in (dry) suits and heading out for Round 2 on the waterslides. We closed the park down that night. Oh, were my legs tired, as it was a minimum of 52 stairs up to the platforms for the waterslides, and, sometimes, we were hauling innertubes to ride on the larger slides. It was a great workout for me and DH :lol The girls just thought it was fun. I had brought bags of microwave popcorn, and we let them have a quick treat while watching HGTV's House Hunters on the cable television in the room. It was tough to settle-down and go to sleep, but we knew we had to, because Monday morning was going to dawn before we were ready for it. The girls were a little more tired than usual, but we ate a quick breakfast at the hotel, before DH drove them in to school. I took a little longer to pick up our room, but I was home by 9:30, I think. I am just thrilled that the girls had so much fun :c9 Today, Kyri brought a posterboard we were asked to make, highlighting her likes and interests. We printed pictures of her with her grandparents and cousins, of the teddy bear clothing she has crocheted (I ought to show you ladies her designs. I am always so impressed with what she makes without using a pattern.), of her and Annika playing outside at our house, and of her school friends. She decorated the "empty" spaces on the posterboard with tropical stickers and sparkly glitter glue -- it's eye-catching :lol. Tomorrow, Annika wants caramel rolls for breakfast, stromboli for dinner, a cookie cake and mint- chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. I have her presents wrapped, and I will decorate the dining room with pink as soon as she goes to bed this evening. Right now, I feel as though I have all of the details under control. Talk to me Friday, and we'll see if I was as prepared as I thought.

Our weather is absolutely un-October-like and gorgeous :sun. It was 82* here, yesterday :dance I washed all of our swimsuits, the girls' sleeping bags, and while the going was good, I threw in two additional loads of laundry. Today, I have to finish up that chore, but it really is not going to take me too long. The ironing on the other hand :faint Sure wish I could let that wait for another day, but I had better get to it, so DH has a pressed shirt to wear tomorrow.

Before I go, here is Kyri's teddy in a halter dress and with matching shoes [ATTACH]46043[/ATTACH]

A shrug with angora trim [ATTACH]46046[/ATTACH]

And, a dress with pleats [ATTACH]46048[/ATTACH] My Gramma has oodles of costume jewelry, which Kyri likes to use to accessorize her ensembles. :)

Talk to you, later.

Love, love, love the teddy bear dress & shoes. Too cute. :manyheart Beautiful shrug & dress. :clap

Good morning everyone! :D It's chilly this morning and the weather man said that it would be down in the thirties or forties overnight. I believe it! The thermometer says it's 60* now out there, but the sun's been up for a while.

Cindy ~ I'm glad MIL made it back home from the ER, but it's scary that she passed out.

Mary ~ I heard from Kiyo a few weeks ago when I sent her my box of things. She was way busy with working and packing and moving her things from her house to her dad's house. Other than that things were going well.

I worked on the Slanted Star Signature quilt yesterday for a while. Sewed a whole bunch of corners onto blocks so I'll have them to take with me to the reunion this weekend. Then sewed two strips together of completed squares. I have three more of those to do. That will give me a sample to show everyone just what I'm talking about. The strips aren't quip half the eventual width of the quilt, but at least it's a start. This is VERY FUTZY quilt to make with all the individual blocks having little blocks added to to each one! At least I'm making progress with it, albeit slowly.

Another quiet day planned for today. With Kim under the weather the focus is on getting her back to feeling better. At least yesterday she was starting to show some fiestiness during her shower and her eyes were clear and had some spark in them. It's so hard when she can't tell us what feels bad.

We've got acorns coming off the oak trees in the yard now. They sound like a rifle shot when they hit the skylights after dropping from high up. :eek There a lot of them on the deck and the ground now with lots and lots more to fall. A definite sign of fall's arrival.

I am in the process of rereading The Shack by Willam P. Young. I read it for the first time last week and then started rereading it at a slower pace since there is soooo much in it to ponder and reflect on. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. The beginning is dark and sad, but the ending is full of light and promise.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

I loved The Shack by William P. Young- it's one of my favorite books- I've read it a couple of times and always get something more out of it.

Glad to hear that Kim is feeling a little better and good luck with the quilt. Definitely fall here- I had to turn the heat on this morning- or there was no way I was getting in the shower:lol The rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and nice. Boston weather for the weekend is supposed to be sunny 70's---:clap:clap:clap

Good morning! Been keeping up on everyone's posts but just haven't had enough time to reply! Went to my Dr. yesterday and have been cleared to go back to work:(! :lol I have really enjoyed having the last 4 months off and am so not looking forward to going back on Sunday! Now I have to get used to getting up at 5 a.m and working 12 hour shifts again.:eek Oh well, like they say, all good things must come to an end!

DD and grandbaby are doing great, she is totally the opposite from her big brother! She is very quiet and pretty much sleeps the day away, unlike her brother who was a VERY fussy baby and didn't sleep a whole lot. Going to watch him today while mom,dad and baby sister go to the Dr.

Joanne-sorry the Yankees lost! Hope their next games goes better. Enjoy Paradise today! Glad you enjoed craft club and:cheer for a finished scarf!:hug

Linda-Wow! Busy weekend! Sorry that you had to spend so much on car repairs. Hope Kim is feeling better soon:hug

Cindy-Glad MIL is ok. :hug

Tab-I have to agree that you can never have too many baby blankets. Hope you get your appt. soon to ease your worries.:hug

Marisa-:( sorry your loan got turned down but I'm sure it will all work out for you!

Mary, Tam and everyone else-Hi! Hope everything is settling down in your respective corners of the world!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

That's great that you have been cleared to go back to work (I think:think) It must be tough to have 4 mos off and then have to get back in the swing of things again! Your GD sounds like my GS- not real fussy and a good baby!! Enjoy her!!!

Dusti;

What a great birthday your girls are having!! You and DH get the Parents of the year award from me!!! Lots of fun- and what a great treat to go to the waterpark AND a hotel. Great projects!! Teddy is soo cute- If Kyri made those- she definitely got your crochet genes! They are great!!!

I'm happy to report that the Tigers won! (I don't care all that much, but my patient was very happy!)
I wasn't very happy:( Tonight it's do or die for the Yankees

Tammy- Patrick looks VERY HAPPY and love how he his hugging his Jeep!!!!

Tab- Hoping that you get an appt soon. Happy to hear that Elijah is still playing Ninja--can't wait to see your projects.

Time to gather my crochet and settle in and watch the Yankees

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad both your slippers matched up. They are really cute. The scarf and dishcloth are nice to. Glad everything was okay with your MIL and she could go home.

Marisa, Sorry the loan was denied. I hope the man at the bank is able to work around things for you.

Joanne, Glad you had some Ryan time this weekend. I don't like the 8:30 game times either. I did see the end of last nights game though. Barely. How nice that you found a crochet group to join.

Linda, Glad Kim is feeling better. I hope you'll all be able to attend the reunion this weekend. Sounds like you had a fun weekend until you had to pay for those car repairs.

Tam, Glad your sale went well. Wishing success in your new online store. Love Patrick's pic of him and his new jeep.

Tab, I agree to you can't have to many blankets. Your more patient than I'm. I'd be calling to see when there making that appt.

Trish, Sorry you have to go back to work, but glad your able to on the other hand. Glad DD & baby are doing good. Always nice to have a good baby.

Dusti, What fun you guys had at the water park. A great start to a birthday week. Were on a warm up here this week. But on the weather mans blog he says we should get snow by middle of november. The deer hunters will love it. Kyri has an eye for designing. She's done some beautiful things. I have some friends that the dad and both of the girls all have birthdays within a few days of each other and sometimes they fall in the same week.

Mary, Glad your remember to take care of you to and assign you some crochet time. Are watching any of the Texas ball games? Yours are always on before are Tigers and New York game.

Saturday I went to Payton's game they won 50-0. Unbelieveable scores for first and second graders. Jocelyn did a good job cheering. I found out sunday night when DS came home that DIL doesn't like my pet name I have called Payton forever. I always great him "hey boy". I'm not about to stop now for her. I have heard the names she has called the kids and don't think she should be telling me what I can call him. If it was something bad, which I wouldn't never dream of doing than she could say something. I have a friend who's son and my son are the same age. I seen his name on facebook the other day and my first thought was that can't be Dan (he was named after his Dad and he has died) that's booper. We have called him that since he was 2 and he's 36. A funny story about "booper" when my sister got married they had a limo. I got in and guess who the drives was "booper". And said "booper" what are you doing. He always will be booper as Payton will always be hey boy. I call Maya baby or girly, girly.

I've been crocheting some pumpkin pins for Maya's class. I have 9 orange circles done.

I was out in the garage today going through some totes and found some ufos. One was a really pretty afghan done in blues. But no pattern or hooks with any of them. I think it might be a granny ripple so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Had to take a break and fix a waterbed leak. Old patch gave out. I gave it a temporary fix.

I also called Maya. She has a workbook she was working for school and next week will get another one.

We picked up the bigger countertop sunday and installed that today. It looks really nice. This cupboard didn't come with a shelf in it so tomorrow we will get a board and install it then I can start using it.

We also got a new stand for the tv. Hubby's Mom was going to have his sister store it for her and we bought it from her. So tomorrow we have to move everything over. I'll be glad when we get all this stuff done.

I'm off for the night. Hope everyone has a good wednesday! Go Tigers!

Happy Hump Day---running late today- stayed up late to watch the Yankees won, and then the smoke alarm went off around 1:15 every 30 seconds- meaning what I thought was low battery- took it down, replaced batteries and it continued to go off every 30 seconds!!! DH is going to look at it this morning!

Off to get ready for another day in Paradise!

Good morning everyone. Cold here, but nice and sunny, and its supposed to get quite warm.

My plans for today are laundry and crafting. DD worked last night and has to work tonight as well, so she is sleeping. That means I have to be quiet, so no housework for me today! (well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!) I'm hoping to finish a quilted purse I started a year or so ago.

Joanne, hopefully you disabled the smoke alarm last night so you could sleep. (and hopefully you have more than one!)

Good morning everyone. It's a bit warmer today and supposed to be in the upper 70's to low 80's for the weekend. Nice! Kim is doing much better. Walking well, drinking well, and getting feistier every day. I think we'll get her nails done this afternoon. And maybe mine too.

I got another butterfly appliqued on the Butterfly Garden quilt yesterday and started on another one. I am thinking that I'll take it with me this weekend to work on. Along with the squares for all the ladies to sign for the Slanted Star quilt. I've pulled material from my stash for another baby quilt for a friend who is having a little boy. That won't go with us, but is one I'll start working on before too long. I think I'll make the squares a little smaller than the last one I made. This one will be all in blues with material that has Sylvester, the cat, and Tweety Bird on the back.

Here are the projects I completed last weekend. A pair of slippers, a dishcloth and a knit scarf. I also made a hat, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet.

Very pretty, Cindy.

Hello ladies. :manyheart

No appointment yet. :angry Elijah is still playing ninja, so that's good news.

I will take pictures of the blankies tomorrow during the day & post them. :hook I still have lots of hats and a prince coccoon to make so i'll be busy. :crocheting I've been dealing with pretty severe swelling in one of my ankles and extreme discomfort in my hips and leg, so I may have alot of down time to make all of this stuff. Being pregnant in my 30's is kicking my rump. :yes:lol

Take it easy lady. Keep you foot up as much as you can for the swelling. :hug :hug :hug

Definitely fall here- I had to turn the heat on this morning- or there was no way I was getting in the shower:lol The rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and nice. Boston weather for the weekend is supposed to be sunny 70's---:clap:clap:clap

Sounds like fabulous weather, Joanne. On the smoke alarm, make sure the battery is in the right way. I had one where I put it in wrong way and it just continued to beep. The other possibility is that it's time to replace the whole unit. They will beep repeatedly if it's time to replace them. We just had to do that.

Trish ~ It's great that you've been okayed to go back to back to work, even though going back isn't nearly as much fun as being at home. :hug Glad to hear that the baby is so easy going for your DD.

Marlene ~ Hooray for Payton's team's win and Jocelyn doing well at cheerleading. Sounds like you've been a very busy lady lately.

Hope that everyone has a great day! :manyheart

Good Morning. :D

Marlene~It's not patience.....it's that they told me I couldn't bother them until the 11th. :lol They know me too well. :yes

I will get those pics up asap & I plan on doing some crocheting today. I really want to start the prince coccoon. :hook

Have a great day everyone. :ghug

Good morning :autumn We are supposed to see 88* today. I cannot believe that it is so lovely outside in October. This type of fall makes me really like this season best.

We are having a very pink and sparkly day, in honor of Annika. She was soooo excited to wake up and be 7. I do not really know what is so important about this birthday, but she has been beside herself with waiting for this day. The dining room has balloons, a sign and gel 'birthday' decorations on the windows. The table was set with pink plates, forks and Hello Kitty napkins when she woke up. Caramel rolls came out perfectly, and I tinted her yogurt pink before school. The cake is baking, and I have all of the ingredients on the counter for the frosting, but I wanted to take a few minutes and check-in here, before my day gets away from me.

Thank you for all of the kind comments on Kyri's projects. Yes, she crocheted all of them by herself. Whenever I am working on a project, she asks what stitch I am doing and asks me to describe it, and off she goes to duplicate it. The child increases and decreases with ease, she uses front- and back-post stitches to add texture to dishcloths, and she made a cover for her friend's diary with a button hole after asking how to figure out the decreasing in a shell pattern for the fold-over flap. She amazes me, honestly :faint She whips up some design in an afternoon, and here I am, still working on the ripple afghan I started 10 days ago. I ordered some patterns using thread for the 18" doll we bought for her birthday, and I am excited to see if she wants to learn to read the patterns, or if she will just look at the clothing and figure it out by herself. Stay tuned.

Tam ~ Love the picture of Patrick with his Jeep! Nice work on your on-line store. I clicked on the link a couple of days ago, but then I had to turn off the computer, but I have it marked to go back and browse in a more liesurely fashion. Good luck to you.

Linda ~ I am so glad to read that Kim is improving with every passing day. I hope she feels perky enough for the two of you to go out and get your nails done before the family reunion. Your quilt projects are so ambitious, but your work is always gorgeous! You are bound to get rave reviews, when you show your samples around this weekend.

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day off, today. I really like the color and pattern of the scarf you knit last week. Yaaay on the matching pair of slippers. They are going to your DD, aren't they? My girls like the International House Hunters, too. We do not get more than one channel on our television at home, so it is always a treat, when we can watch HGTV. We could not watch too late last weekend, as Monday was a school day, but an episode here-and-there is still enjoyable.

Trish ~ We are going to miss you when you have to go back to work, but it is really good news to hear that you have recovered well enough to return to your job. How sweet your new granddaughter sounds :c9

Joanne ~ Glad that your baseball team pulled off a win last night. Your craft club sounds wonderful. Glad you went and had a good time the other evening. Sorry to hear about the smoke alarm interrupting your all-important sleep over and over again, last night. Did your DH figure out the problem? We replaced one of our detectors a short time ago for the same issue. Better safe than sorry :yes

Marlene ~ Your home improvements just keep on rolling. My goodness you have completed a great number of projects in the past few weeks. Congratulations to Payton's football team -- that was quite a win for little tikes. How nice you can see both him and Jocelyn at the outdoor games this fall. It sounds as though Maya is doing well and flourishing in school -- good for her! Snow by the middle of November, huh? That sounds about right, but I am not liking the thought of it now :ohdear DH says it is too tough to hunt the grouse/partridges right now, because it is still so green in the woods. He wants snow for the deer season opener, you are right. Is your hand holding up alright for you to make the pumpkin pins for Maya's classmates? The idea sounds so cute -- how nice of you to make them for her :manyheart

Mary ~ Glad to hear you are taking breaks from the 'thank yous' and paper work to crochet and rest. I was thinking of you, as we heard the score of the Texas baseball game last night.

Tab ~ :hugHope your swelling issues resolve with some rest and hydration. Glad to hear that Elijah is as active as ever. Give him a pat from us. Bless your heart for having to wait so long for another u/s appointment. You are doing good to hold-off on calling the doctor's office, but I DO side more with you than the nurses. They should know better than to cause a pregnant woman to worry; shame on them :2nono Praying for you and some information, soon.

Hope you all have a great day! :crocheting

Good morning :autumn We are supposed to see 88* today. I cannot believe that it is so lovely outside in October. This type of fall makes me really like this season best.

We are having a very pink and sparkly day, in honor of Annika. She was soooo excited to wake up and be 7. I do not really know what is so important about this birthday, but she has been beside herself with waiting for this day. The dining room has balloons, a sign and gel 'birthday' decorations on the windows. The table was set with pink plates, forks and Hello Kitty napkins when she woke up. Caramel rolls came out perfectly, and I tinted her yogurt pink before school. The cake is baking, and I have all of the ingredients on the counter for the frosting, but I wanted to take a few minutes and check-in here, before my day gets away from me.

Happy Birthday to Annika! :cake

Thank you for all of the kind comments on Kyri's projects. Yes, she crocheted all of them by herself. Whenever I am working on a project, she asks what stitch I am doing and asks me to describe it, and off she goes to duplicate it. The child increases and decreases with ease, she uses front- and back-post stitches to add texture to dishcloths, and she made a cover for her friend's diary with a button hole after asking how to figure out the decreasing in a shell pattern for the fold-over flap. She amazes me, honestly :faint She whips up some design in an afternoon, and here I am, still working on the ripple afghan I started 10 days ago. I ordered some patterns using thread for the 18" doll we bought for her birthday, and I am excited to see if she wants to learn to read the patterns, or if she will just look at the clothing and figure it out by herself. Stay tuned.

That's great! Way to go Kyri! :clap :clap :clap

Linda ~ I am so glad to read that Kim is improving with every passing day. I hope she feels perky enough for the two of you to go out and get your nails done before the family reunion. Your quilt projects are so ambitious, but your work is always gorgeous! You are bound to get rave reviews, when you show your samples around this weekend.

Kim is way better this morning. So a trip to the nail salon is on the agenda.

Hope you all have a great day! :crocheting

Have a wonderful day!

Good afternoon, everyone. :) Just when I thought I was almost caught up, DH called and said a cousin was coming to stay this weekend. :eek I had planned to ignore the upstairs for a while, but that wouldn't work now. :lol

First of all, I did hear back from Kiyo and she sounded great! She sent lots of hugs and hopes to be here again soon. Also, she hasn't moved yet - in case anyone is sending something.

Tabby ~ Big hugs from me, too. :hug I hope your appointment is soon now, so you can take that off the list of things to think about. :hug I love the name Elijah - and can't wait to see what you're making! I hope the swelling eases up soon. :manyheart

Linda ~ Thanks for listing my scarves in the Charity CAL. :yes I still haven't picked up a hook, but hope to very soon. I'm so glad that Kim is improving - how long will you all be at the Reunion? Yay for getting back to your quilts. :clap

Dusti ~ I love reading about the Birthday week! What wonderful memories the girls will have. They both look adorable in their new crocheted tops. The Teddy/doll clothes are so cute! You are actually warmer than we are...it's in the low 80's today.

Cindy ~ Your projects are all wonderful.:hook Love the color of the knitted scarf. That's good news about your MIL! :manyheart

Trish ~ Aww, your grandbaby is precious. :c9 The hat and 'ghan are so cute - what yarn did you use?

Marlene ~ Wow! It sounds like you're almost finished with the remodeling. :cheer I sure hope your son and grandkids are okay...and that their mother doesn't cause too much grief for everyone. How is your DH feeling? Your telling us about the waterbed leak reminded me of ours...we had one years ago and couldn't figure out why it was leaking. It seems the cat was chasing air bubbles when I changed sheets and poking tiny holes in it. :lol

Joanne ~ Isn't being a grandma wonderful?! We're both so lucky to be close to them. :yes Well, the Rangers are just waiting now to see if they play Detroit or the Yankees.:D

Marisa ~ I was sorry to read about the loan and am keeping fingers crossed that they can work something out really soon. How are you liking Pittsburgh? I hope you're able to have some fun in between painting and cleaning. :)

Hi to anyone I may have missed. I feel like the last week has been a month and have sure missed being here. Have a good evening! :ghug

Mary ~ We leave about noon on Friday and will be getting back in the late afternoon on Monday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, which be a big improvement over the snow of the last two years and power outage last year. I guess that's not too outrageous for mid February, but with several rather fragile people it didn't work out too well. :D hope your weekend with company goes smoothly. I'm sure you're wiped after all the turmoil last week and this week.

Gotta run. :hug :hug

Woo Hoo................. :yay

My Navy Son is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may be here tomorrow or Friday! OMGosh.............I cant wait to squeeze the pieces out of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Love you guys

:heart

:mug

Good morning everyone. Cold here, but nice and sunny, and its supposed to get quite warm.

My plans for today are laundry and crafting. DD worked last night and has to work tonight as well, so she is sleeping. That means I have to be quiet, so no housework for me today! (well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!) I'm hoping to finish a quilted purse I started a year or so ago.

Joanne, hopefully you disabled the smoke alarm last night so you could sleep. (and hopefully you have more than one!)

Cindy- yes we do- one of them is hardwired. The one that was going off last night is also the carbon monoxide detector. According to what I read tonight, it looks like it's run it's course and we have to replace it. That's why even after changing the batteries, it continued to do one chirp every 30 seconds! That will have to wait for tomorrow night since I had my hair appointment tonight after work and I'm tired!!!!

I think it's kind of funny that I had my hair cut and colored and the only place I'm going to go is to bed!:lol

He may be here tomorrow or Friday! OMGosh.............I cant wait to squeeze the pieces out of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Love you guys

Oh, you must be on :c9

Congratulations on NAVY son coming home. Give him lots of hugs and thanks for serving our country!!!:hug

Mary ~ We leave about noon on Friday and will be getting back in the late afternoon on Monday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, which be a big improvement over the snow of the last two years and power outage last year. I guess that's not too outrageous for mid February, but with several rather fragile people it didn't work out too well. :D hope your weekend with company goes smoothly. I'm sure you're wiped after all the turmoil last week and this week.

Gotta run. :hug :hug

Glad you are going to have good weather too!!!! It's going to be nice here in NJ---and also nice in Boston where I'll be!!!! Very excited that it's going to be so perfect!!!!

Good afternoon, everyone. :) Just when I thought I was almost caught up, DH called and said a cousin was coming to stay this weekend. :eek I had planned to ignore the upstairs for a while, but that wouldn't work now. :lol

First of all, I did hear back from Kiyo and she sounded great! She sent lots of hugs and hopes to be here again soon. Also, she hasn't moved yet - in case anyone is sending something.

Joanne ~ Isn't being a grandma wonderful?! We're both so lucky to be close to them. :yes Well, the Rangers are just waiting now to see if they play Detroit or the Yankees.:D

:ghug

Nice to hear from you Mary- and YES, I love being a Grandma and love that I live so close to them:c9

Enjoy your company this weekend, even if it does mean that you can't ignore the upstairs!! And as far as the Rangers- congrats:clap

Tomorrow night is it!!! Let's Go Yankees:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Love you guys

Oooh, that is wonderful!!!

Good morning! Today is my "FRIDAY":yay

Lots of work to get done at Paradise before I leave, so I think I'm going to head in a bit early and get started. There is something I am working on that is due by COB tomorrow....but since I'm off tomorrow, I have to finish by COB today!!!!:eek

Make it a good day everyone!!!:yes

Archived