Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning! I'm leaving soon to run errands and buy more groceries. Then later today and tomorrow, I will clean and cook. Sure don't need more company right now. :lol

Linda ~ I hope you all have a wonderful weekend away! I remember the filet pieces you made with John's family name on them...gorgeous! I'll bet you have lots to do to get ready. :yes

Tam ~ Oh, that is such great news about your son coming home. :cheer How long will he be able to stay? Your online store is very nice. :clap

Joanne ~ I hope your "Friday" goes quickly and that your trip to Boston is a good one!

I finished another scarf last night (only needed one row) and it felt so good to crochet again. I think it's time for a RR...maybe a small one for Project Linus. :) Have a great morning, everyone.:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning to one and all. The sun is shining and it's about 70* outside. A beautiful day. We managed to get Kim's nails done finally yesterday but it was a battle. I finally called it quits on the French nails. With her being on prednisone, she couldn't hold still even when she was cooperating. We went with a sparkly pink, which wasn't John's favorite, but which she liked.

I need to do my hair and nails today. And need to vaccuum the upstairs, too. I need to get the signature squares ready for signing, too. And decide what I'm going to take along.

Rosie is going to look after the puppies for us. I almost wish I weren't going now, since her John flew to England last night and she's alone. His brother is dying of cancer and he felt that he really needed to go and say his goodbys. Rosie worries about him on his own, but her passport had expired and there wasn't any way to get it renewed in time on such short notice without it costing an arm and a leg. If I were here I'd help keep her distracted and not worry so much. But it's really too late to change our plans at this point. Keep them both in your prayer please.

Tammy ~ That is wonderful that your son will be home for a visit. How long does he get to stay? Do you have special favorite foods you're going to fix for him? Have a great time with him.

Joanne ~ Yay for a new do. Good luck with the COB project. You can do it. And have a wonderful time in Boston this weekend.

Mary ~ Hi! Hope you have a good time with the company even though you're on the wiped out side with all that's been happening. Love you.

Hugs to everyone. I'll catch you later.

~~~HIIIIII GIRLS~~~~ hope all of you are doing well.......I went to read some back posts and decided I didn't have that much time! So I scanned quickly, VERY quickly! I have missed everyone and keeping up with you all! HUGS TO YOU!

i MUST say........EVERYTHING happens for a reason......So- I'm not moved out to my Dad's just yet--we had more work to do than anticipated to get it fixed up- LOTS of painting and i"ve been so busy with work that only getting in an hour here and hour there isn't getting me in very fast! I FINALLY have some friends coming out on Sat to help me! Sooooo-----SPEAKING of my weekend job delivering produce, I got a promotion about a month ago to Transportation Manager out of the Salt Lake plant- which meant, I don't do any driving anymore or going over the road! (I did go last weekend with my friend so I could train her! :0) it was fun---I'm going to really miss the people for sure! HOWEVER.......I've been working the 2 jobs, and gettin things done........YESTERDAY I got a call from the Transportation Manager (for my weekend job) out of AZ and he told me it was time that I consider a full-time position with Kodiak Produce!!!!! THEY WANT ME TO RUN THE NEW WAREHOUSE AND TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT!!!!! Whaaaaaaat???? lol I don't know ANYTHING about running a whse full of produce! lol He gave me a salary amount and with the extra hours, I would have 1 hour to 1.5 hour travel in each direction, and wear and tear on car, etc etc etc......I had to give them an amount that was $$$$25,000.00 more than they offered me.......I'm still awaiting their approval or denial........I am SOOOO excited yet soooo scared. Don't want to get too excited in case I have to position for a fall, ya know! LOL

I am going to be sitting in an AWESOME financial postition right here soon- regardless of whether or not I get that new job- I am going to be able to pay off ALLLLL of my debt moving to my Dad's.!!! I can't tell you how awesome that feeling is!

Men......I don't know what you call me right now.....lol-----remember the guy from Tennesee??? Well.....we have been broke up for 2 months, and last week he sent me a text saying that he was in love with me and he was miserable without me----apparently he took me for granted and regretted it! (I have been dating people around here, have had fun but it's not for me---I either need to be with someone or be alone. I HATE dating lol) however......we are going to try it again and see if we can make a go of it. He said he's ready to give up everything in TN and move out here to be with me. He knows we both need that---long distance has long been fulfilled soooo it's on him this time--this is what I wanted way back when!!! We shall see!

Aree is playing softball again, she's doing awesome! She made the 12 u team, I think I mentioned that before.

We also have 2 additions to our little family----we got a brother and sister mini pot belly piggies who are the cutest and funnest things ever! Soooo funny to watch them run around with my boxer Duke and Lil Pixie- Duke isn't quite sure why when he flops his toy on them, they don't play back, lol they run away! They are tiny---the piggies fit in your hand and love to be cuddled down in a blanket! Funny lil babies! I will get photos posted soon!

~~~~ HUGS AND LOVES TO YOU ALL~~~~ hOPE TO BE BACK SOON!

Great to hear from you Kiyo---and you are so right---everything happens for a reason!!

Linda- will keep John's brother in my prayers- and hope that Rosie does ok this weekend. Safe travels to you all!!!

Cindy- Hope you get a good night's sleep

Running out of time-- it's almost time for the first pitch- so off I go to watch my Yankees---will post more in the AM!!!

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Great news your son is coming home. Enjoy your time with him. Is he bringing a family with him or just himself?

Mary, Hope the weekend flys by fast so you can relax and get some me time. Congrats on finishing your scarf. Hubby is doing pretty good right now. He did have an attack sunday night though. I just wish we knew where to get the answer we need to know to take the pain away. Fifteen minutes or more of severe pain and no answers in the test that have been done just doesn't make an sense. I wish he would have an attack when we are back home as I would take him to emergency there. Just maybe someone there would know something.

Linda, You had a busy day today to get things ready for the trip. Safe travels and have a great time. Will keep Rosie and John in my prayers to.

Joanne, :clap your on a mini vacation. When are you leaving for Boston? Have a safe and wonderful time there. Your story was funny getting your hair done and only going home and going to bed.

Cindy, Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Dusti, My hand doesn't bother to much crocheting the pumpkins.

Kiyo, Great to hear from you! Sounds like a lot of good things coming your way. If it's meant to be with you and the bf it will happen. Miss you and your postings. Hope to see you again soon. How great that your friends are going to help paint your Dad's house.

I had another busy day here, but the house sure is looking good. :yes Hubby took the air conditioner out so I washed the window and then washed all of them except for the bedroom windows. I only did the inside except for where the ac was so I still have to do the outside. Maybe tomorrow while we are still having warm temps. Then I took all the curtains down and washed them and pressed them and hung them back up. There lace curtains so it wasn't to much work. My hand is fatigued though.

Well baseball is on so I'm going to go watch that until my shows come on (Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice) then I'll be switching back and forth. Go Tigers!! Have a good friday everyone!

I guess congratulations to all the Tiger fans are in order!!! :yesIt was a terrible loss by my Yankees-:( but they have no one to blame but themselves. They had more hits than the Tigers, but they left bases loaded twice!!!! It'll be an interesting winter to see what moves they make- they have to get some younger players!!!

I know my DD is probably thrilled that she won't be subjected to watching Yankee games while I'm visiting since she's a red sox fan!:lol

Marlene- Sounds like the house is coming along--I have Greys Anatomy and Private Practice on DVR- and hope to catch up with it when I get home. I'm leaving today to visit my DD!!!:yay

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!:hug

Hi Ladies,

Were off for the weekend to. Hubby asked if the gks have any games this weekend. Zac's is away and Payton has a buy, so he wants to go to his sisters for the weekend. They have no plans and said come on down. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive if we make no stops. But I will make one at Ben Franklin's and pick up some beads. They have colors HL don't carry then we don't have to order online. They also have a nice craft section that would please many. Lots of yarn and patterns. So I'm off to get ready. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back sunday.

Hi everyone...my once-a-week post...we're flying to Virginia today and will be gone a week. But Judy knows that I now have a fancy new Smartphone so maybe I can try to keep up a little. We're going to visit some friends who were our neighbors in Germany. It's been 3 years since we've seen them. Then we'll be going to Indiana and Illinois to see Hub-E's family. We'll be back Oct. 15th...

Yes, I've got crochet projects packed to work on!

Have a great weekend.

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Great news your son is coming home. Enjoy your time with him. Is he bringing a family with him or just himself?

Mary, Hope the weekend flys by fast so you can relax and get some me time. Congrats on finishing your scarf. Hubby is doing pretty good right now. He did have an attack sunday night though. I just wish we knew where to get the answer we need to know to take the pain away. Fifteen minutes or more of severe pain and no answers in the test that have been done just doesn't make an sense. I wish he would have an attack when we are back home as I would take him to emergency there. Just maybe someone there would know something.

Linda, You had a busy day today to get things ready for the trip. Safe travels and have a great time. Will keep Rosie and John in my prayers to.

Joanne, :clap your on a mini vacation. When are you leaving for Boston? Have a safe and wonderful time there. Your story was funny getting your hair done and only going home and going to bed.

Cindy, Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Dusti, My hand doesn't bother to much crocheting the pumpkins.

Kiyo, Great to hear from you! Sounds like a lot of good things coming your way. If it's meant to be with you and the bf it will happen. Miss you and your postings. Hope to see you again soon. How great that your friends are going to help paint your Dad's house.

I had another busy day here, but the house sure is looking good. :yes Hubby took the air conditioner out so I washed the window and then washed all of them except for the bedroom windows. I only did the inside except for where the ac was so I still have to do the outside. Maybe tomorrow while we are still having warm temps. Then I took all the curtains down and washed them and pressed them and hung them back up. There lace curtains so it wasn't to much work. My hand is fatigued though.

Well baseball is on so I'm going to go watch that until my shows come on (Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice) then I'll be switching back and forth. Go Tigers!! Have a good friday everyone!

Hey pretty lady!!! I have some windows that need washed at my new house-----could you lend me a hand?! I'm running out of time! I guess I have all the time in the world to wash windows----hopefully I can just replace them! It's now like 40 degrees here so i might get some heat going out there too! I have Private Practice and Grey's on DVR--haven't had a chance to watch them but they are MY FAV's!!!

Good morning my friends. I got done what had to be done and did a pass on stuff that was optional. I'm all packed. Have an assortment of projects with me: the Butterfly Garden quilt, the squares for the Slanted Star signature quilt, a crocheted shawl that's almost a third done, a couple of books, etc.

Rosie's John made the trip safely and spent a good afternoon with his family.

Kiyo! It's great to see you here again. Wow! Have you ever been busy. Good luck with the job decisions and with bf.

Joanne have a great time in Boston this weekend.

LeAnna have a wonderful week with hubbie on vacation.

Marlene have a great time with the family.

Hugs to everyone. :hug I'll see you all again on Tuesday. Safe trips to all who are traveling. We're starting to pack and getting ready to leave. :hug

Hi everyone! I've been getting ready for company...cooking and a little cleaning. :)

It looks like I missed saying "Bon Voyage" to Linda, Joanne and Marlene - I hope you have a safe trip and lots of fun! :manyheart

Cindy ~ You have lots on your list for the day. :yes I hope you're enjoying your day off.

Hi LeAnna ~ Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Kiyo ~ Wow! You have lots of exciting news to share! :cheer Keep us posted on the job decision...and your BF, too! Awww, your new "children" sound adorable! This week went by so quickly - it looks like it will be next week before I get things in the mail. :)

Hi to all of my House friends! Back to work I go.

Hi all,

Checking in from Boston! It took me 6 hours to get here today--and it normally takes 4-4 1/2. I got stuck in some traffic---so it was a long day---but a happy day. DD and I got dinner and now we are home and settled in for the evening.

Hope all who are traveling this weekend have a safe trip and a great time! See you all when you get back. I'm looking forward to this awesome weekend with my oldest!! We are probably going apple picking tomorrow!!!

Oh, it's very quiet at the House today! We've had a nice day so far - 6 of us here for lunch and now our company is out shopping. Of course, we had the Texas-OU game on and Texas lost 55-17. :yell

I've started another scarf in Red Heart Soft/Spearmint. Super easy pattern in mostly sc, so it may take a while. ;)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :manyheart

Good morning!

I'm having a wonderful time in Boston with DD- and the weather has been absolutely perfect!!!! Couldn't have ordered it up any better!!!! We had a great day yesterday-went browsing in shops and they have some wonderful thrift stores/consignment shops. DD found a really nice down coat that looks brand new for $30.00-- She also got a gorgeous gray wool skirt for $12.00!!!! This one particular shop had awesome things and great prices. I, on the other hand am saving my $ for tomorrow when we go to here before the hockey game:

http://www.windsorbutton.com/

I've been wanting to go here for some time now and how perfect- a sale!!!!

Mary- Good luck on the SC scarf! I started a Shelly scarf while waiting for DD on Friday when I got here and finished it yesterday.

(this was another of my break up the long rounds of the RR projects)

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Hello everyone.

Joanne, that looks like a really fun place to shop. Wtg to your dd for her great deals. I never seem to find anything at thrift and consignment stores.

Mary, I'm working on a sc hat and it seems to be taking forever. I've made scarves using a SC pattern stitch before and they seemed to take a long time as well.

It is a gorgeous day here today, so we went for a walk around a nearby lake. Lots of people were out there, and the fall colors were beautiful. I took pictures but I haven't put them on the computer yet.

Hi Ladies,

LeAnna, Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Kiyo, If we lived closer I would come and wash your windows for you.

Mary, Good luck on the sc scarf. Enjoy your company! Did you watch the Tigers and Rangers last night? I fell asleep before it ended. Are you getting any of that rain that rained them out today?

Joanne, That looks like a nice store and quite a list on the website of yarn they carry. What did you buy? Some great buys DD found.

Cindy, Perfect weather for a walk around the lake. And the colors are beautiful every where.

We had a great time at SIL&BIL's house this weekend. We played euchre both nights, we went to some garage sales and we all found some bargins. I even got some really soft yarn that I'm sure is a full skein for 50cents. It's a turqouise color no label. We spent the afternoon out on the deck saturday and today absorbing the beautiful day. Hated to have to come home. SIL said it was like being on vacation. I did get some more pumpkin circles made. I think I'm going to put faces on the ones I have done just so I don't have to worry about the sewing fatigueing my hand.

Hope all are house ladies had a great weekend to. Have a nice night everyone!

Good morning!

What a wonderful feeling to wake up on a Monday and NOT have to go to work! Fun day on tap for DD and I --going to the button/yarn store and then the hockey game and then out to dinner!!!!

Marlene- I was so happy to read that you had such an enjoyable weekend! Nice find on the yarn!!!

I finished the RR for my DD yesterday morning!! Last evening, I made her a "Shelly" scarf to match the new coat she got she got this weekend!!! How nice it's been to get all this crocheting time!!!

Good Morning, House. :autumn We've had rain this weekend! It's cool and cloudy and actually feels like fall.

Marlene ~ Your weekend with family sounds so nice! Yes, we watched the Rangers win Saturday night and couldn't believe they postponed last night's game...no rain in the whole area, including the stadium! Your pumpkins sound very cute. :hook

Cindy ~ It must have been lovely to see fall colors on a beautiful day! Hopefully, winter will hold off in your area for quite a while. :yes

Joanne ~ Have a great day today! Your time with your DD sounds wonderful...and crochet time, too! :)

It was a super busy weekend - actually very busy since MIL died. I miss her terribly. :( Today is a quiet, stay-at-home day for me...my sc scarf turned into another Surreybelle pattern. I just could not focus on all that sc. ;)

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Good Morning, House. :autumn We've had rain this weekend! It's cool and cloudy and actually feels like fall.

Marlene ~ Your weekend with family sounds so nice! Yes, we watched the Rangers win Saturday night and couldn't believe they postponed last night's game...no rain in the whole area, including the stadium! Your pumpkins sound very cute. :hook

Cindy ~ It must have been lovely to see fall colors on a beautiful day! Hopefully, winter will hold off in your area for quite a while. :yes

Joanne ~ Have a great day today! Your time with your DD sounds wonderful...and crochet time, too! :)

It was a super busy weekend - actually very busy since MIL died. I miss her terribly. :( Today is a quiet, stay-at-home day for me...my sc scarf turned into another Surreybelle pattern. I just could not focus on all that sc. ;)

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Great idea to turn the sc scarf into a Surreybelle!!! Enjoy your quiet day.

Here's some :hug:hug:hug for you.

Well, FINALLY, DD is ready to go!!!!! :D

I had an awesome day!!! I loved Windsor Button!!!! DD was so patient with me as I browsed through the buttons and yarn!!! I was in heaven. I picked out some buttons and got some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn!! The best part was when I went to check out, DD paid for it!!!! I didn't want her to, since she had already gotten the Bruins tickets! But she insisted! What a treat!!! I am going to make her a scarf (she loves scarves) with some of the yarn and then send it to her as a surprise!

Hope you all had a good day too!!!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Here's some :hug for you. It's hard losing are loved ones. Sounds like a good plan changing your pattern on the scarf.

Joanne, Glad your having a good time with DD to.

Quiet day in here today. We had another beautiful day here today. I did up some laundry. Talked to my Mom today. She wanted to let me know her boss for many years died last week.

Yesterday I called one of my brothers and found out he was a victim of an armed robbery. He's okay and the robber didn't show the knife. He came in my brothers garage and demanded money and my brother told him he didn't have any. The guy hit him up side the head. My brother called 911 and told the guy in not so many nice words he better get out of his garage. The guy told my brother he better talk to him with some respect. My brother than told him he better get off his property. The guy punched my brother in the chest. He knocked the wind out of him and maybe knocked him to the ground, hr dropped his phone. My brother has bad lungs. The guy went out of the garage and around to the front of the house and knocked on the door. My brother got in his truck and called 911 again and went around to the front of his house (he lives on a corner and his garage is on back of the house. The guy didn't wake my SIl up (she was sleeping she works midnights). My brother said if he got in the house he would of drove his truck right up on the porch and into the house. Thank God that didn't happen. Thirty minutes later after the second call the police showed up and arrested the guy. The guy is facing 15 years because he didn't show his knife. It would of been 5 years if my brother would of seen it. I told him to make sure the guy can't plea bargin if at all possible. He said he filled out paper and the guy won't be able to plea bargin. Thank God no one was hurt. His guardian angel was protecting him.

I'm off to catch the tail end of the last inning of the game if Texas scores. If not it goes into over time. Catch you all later. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Archived