Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:lol:lol:lol Marlene- I think you meant Go Yankees---:cheer

Now it's raining here and in NY and the game is in a rain delay. I'm so sick of rain!!!! Can't we just have a nice fall day???

I was going to make hot dogs too, until I remembered after I got home from paradise that we didn't have any!!! So it was cheese omelets tonight. I do love breakfast for dinner!!!

LeAnna- glad to hear that your procedure went well! Gentle hugs for a quick recovery! Where on the east coast will you be?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I've missed you all so much, but just had to stay away from my computer because I had to stay focused on the services and preparing lunch for 35 people. Thank you so very much for the warm hugs and prayers. :manyheart:ghug We only had two people staying here and they left today. Now it's time for the clean-up!

Hope to go back and read posts by tomorrow, but until then I hope everyone is okay and able to squeeze in some crochet time!

Hi everyone!

Another rainy, dreary day in NJ!!! But I got all my cleaning that was going to get done, Done!!! And laundry and my trek to Trader Joe's (and ACMoore and Joanns right across the street).

Rutgers won their football game!!!!! And now Ryan is here (blissfully sleeping). DD and SIL had a wedding to go to (feel bad about the weather- but I think they say rain means good luck???)

Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday!!!!

post-18634-135897700942_thumb.gif

High Ho House................. just wanted to stop in and say HI... Miss you all.......... I have been so busy its not even funny!

I got through the fundraiser... which was a great success... got through the craft fair... which went well... not as good as the fundraiser... but I'm not complaining!!!! And have been busy catching up on some needed gift crocheting and creating an online store. :whew

Well... I hate to make this short... but need to get back at it... still have some gift crocheting to do!

you all have a great weekend!

love you guys!

oh.... if you havent seen yet...

here is my new online store......... Coffee n' Crafts

later gators......

:heart

:mug

Wow, quiet here today! We made it safely home from my parents, and both dh and I are tired. We will b having a quiet night and going to bed early.

I started a hat in the car on the way home. Its about 3/4 finished, and it will be donated.

Hi housemates,

Just figured I'd use this coffee time with my dad to do a quick check in before heading over to the office to finish up some odds and ends that I need him to do. They came out on thurs eve and are heading back this afternoon. We got the whole place painted which is awesome. I need to get the sign people and carpet cleaners in. I also have to wait for co cast to come back and wire my computer. My loan was denied at the bank, basically because I have no collateral. But, I'll be hearing from a different guy in the bank to go over some other options to push this through. So I have to get him some extra info.

That's about it for now. I hope to be back regularly soon, I miss you all and very much dislike not knowing what's going on in all your lives.

Love and miss you

Good morning

So happy to see a post from you, Marisa!!! I think about you alot and I'm sorry to hear about the bank loan. Good luck and positive thoughts that all this works out for you!!!! I miss you!!!!!

I had a great time with Ryan yesterday- and he is really such a good baby!!! They got home around midnight- just as the Yankee postgame came on. They had a wonderful time at the wedding and I had a wonderful time with Ryan so it was a win-win for everyone!!!

Today I 'm going to middle DD's to go hear her BF give an artist talk And I hate to jinx it--but the SUN is SHINING!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Good morning. Its good to hear from you, Marisa. I'm sorry to hear that the loan was denied, but hopefully another door will open.

Joanne, isn't it fun to have a grandson?

Nothing much is going on here, it is cold but bright and sunny today, so I will likely go for a walk this afternoon. I am also going to finish the childs hat I started yesterday, and it will go in the box for Kiyo's homeless project.

Hi ladies. :manyheart

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts for Elijah. I still have not received an appoitnment yet & it is really bugging me. :( I'm sure he's healthy because he sure does act like a lil ninja. He is super active.

I have been spending time making some small blankets here and there; finished two. :cheer A baby can NEVER have too many blankets. :crocheting My plan is to make one special one to match his bassinet and make a ton of hats since he'll be a winter baby. :yarn

Thank you again for all of the support. :ghug

Good morning and the first thing that pops into my head is "Monday, Monday" song by Mamas and the Papa's!

Tab- hope they can get you an appointment quick--and WTG on the blankets!!! Do we see pictures???

Running behind here, so no individuals right now---but it's a short week since I'm off Friday and tonight I'll be going to the craft club at the libarary---so for a Monday, it's not too bad!!!

Hugs to all!!!

Good morning, everyone. The weekend went by way too fast. Kim got very lethargic over the weekend and wasn't eating or drinking like she should be so John started her on prednisone. Not sure what was going on with her, but she was a little better yesterday and again this morning. Although she's weaker than normal her eyes look more alert so that's good. We have to get her feeling better again, because this weekend is the Caylor Family Reunion in North Carolina. We're scheduled to leave on Friday. John's parents haven't been in very good health this year so he really doesn't want to miss it. His mom's on oxygen now at least part of the time. Both his mom and dad have been hospitalized this year and in very serious condition for a while.

Saturday I took was up at 6:20 (before dawn!!!! :eek) and took my car to the repair shop to check on a gas leak and brakes. Rosie picked me up there, then we picked Sherri (another neighbor) and we all went garage saling together. Sherri got a lot of clothes. Rosie didn't find much. I got clothes, books for my grandson for Christmas, an organizer stand for my card making supplies, hunting stuff for John, and a shirt and bracelt for Kim. Then Rosie and I went out for breakfast. In the afternoon, Rosie and I went to Macy's for their bid sale and Rosie found lots of clothes on sale. Picked up the car at 4:00 after spending almost $700 in repairs on it. :eek It does run a lot better and the brakes are working much better too. I got a sweater and pair of earrings at Kohl's, had supper out, and came home and crashed. Sunday Rosie, her John, and I went to lunch at Golden Corral. Spent the afternoon resting for the most part and giving Sweet Pea a bunch of attention.

LeAnna ~ I'm glad your procedure went well and that you had a good weekend.

Joanne ~ Whee for getting to spend time looking after Ryan! I'm glad you're getting to spent time with all your daughters.

Cindy ~ Hooray for the slippers matching!

Mary ~ Hugs comeing your way. It's nice to be busy, but now that everyone has gone home the sadness and missing MIL will set in. :hug :hug :hug Give Luke lots of loving. It will help.

Tammy ~ Glad to hear that the craft sale went well. Your on-line store looks nice.

Marisa ~ Booo, for the bank turning you down for the loan. Hope they can get you set up with some other type of funding. Sounds like the office is getting a lot closer to being opened.

Tabby ~ I agree. You can never have too many blankets for a baby, especially a winder baby. Hope you get that appointment soon. :hug :hug :hug

Hello everyone. Linda, it sounds like your weekend was a whirlwind! I sure hope Kim is okay.

Nothing much to report here. I worked today, it was busy but my day went well.

Dh is in the Er with his mom. She passed out briefly this morning and several hours later she decided she needed to go to the ER just in case something was going on. DH says she seems fine to him, but my mil has had heart problems recently, so its better to be careful.

Just a quick post to say "Hi" and try to read a few posts. :) Lots more to do than I'd thought about, but each day will get better. I have given myself permission to crochet for a while this evening. :hook

Has anyone heard from Kiyo? I remember she told us she would be moving to her dad's house, and I'd like to mail some things later in the week...I'll p.m. her in case she checks in.

Back to writing thank you notes and helping DH with paperwork. Love you all!

hi all,

A very busy Monday! and I'm going to head out in a few minutes for the Craft club!

Linda- Positive thoughts and prayers for Kim! Sure sounds like you had a very busy (but fun) weekend!! (of course it would have been more fun if you didn't have to spend 700 on car repairs)

Cindy- Prayers for DH's Mom!!! Glad your Monday went ok.

Mary- Hi there- Haven't heard from Kiyo in a while. I think sending her a PM is a good idea!!!

Off to craft club where I can chat and crochet for 2 blissful hours!!!

Cindy- Glad to hear that MIL is home!!

I had fun at craft club and worked on a "Shelly" scarf which is almost done!!!

Now I'm watching the Yankees and pretty soon, I think the Yankees will be watching me!! Don't know why they have to start these games so late at night!!!!

Good morning,

The Yankees lost:( but I didn't make it till the end of the game---had to check the score this morning online. But I did finish the scarf:)

Now it's time to get ready for Paradise.

Hugs and positive thoughts for everyone that today is a good day for all!

Good morning everyone! :D It's chilly this morning and the weather man said that it would be down in the thirties or forties overnight. I believe it! The thermometer says it's 60* now out there, but the sun's been up for a while.

Cindy ~ I'm glad MIL made it back home from the ER, but it's scary that she passed out.

Mary ~ I heard from Kiyo a few weeks ago when I sent her my box of things. She was way busy with working and packing and moving her things from her house to her dad's house. Other than that things were going well.

I worked on the Slanted Star Signature quilt yesterday for a while. Sewed a whole bunch of corners onto blocks so I'll have them to take with me to the reunion this weekend. Then sewed two strips together of completed squares. I have three more of those to do. That will give me a sample to show everyone just what I'm talking about. The strips aren't quip half the eventual width of the quilt, but at least it's a start. This is VERY FUTZY quilt to make with all the individual blocks having little blocks added to to each one! At least I'm making progress with it, albeit slowly.

Another quiet day planned for today. With Kim under the weather the focus is on getting her back to feeling better. At least yesterday she was starting to show some fiestiness during her shower and her eyes were clear and had some spark in them. It's so hard when she can't tell us what feels bad.

We've got acorns coming off the oak trees in the yard now. They sound like a rifle shot when they hit the skylights after dropping from high up. :eek There a lot of them on the deck and the ground now with lots and lots more to fall. A definite sign of fall's arrival.

I am in the process of rereading The Shack by Willam P. Young. I read it for the first time last week and then started rereading it at a slower pace since there is soooo much in it to ponder and reflect on. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. The beginning is dark and sad, but the ending is full of light and promise.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

Good morning! Been keeping up on everyone's posts but just haven't had enough time to reply! Went to my Dr. yesterday and have been cleared to go back to work:(! :lol I have really enjoyed having the last 4 months off and am so not looking forward to going back on Sunday! Now I have to get used to getting up at 5 a.m and working 12 hour shifts again.:eek Oh well, like they say, all good things must come to an end!

DD and grandbaby are doing great, she is totally the opposite from her big brother! She is very quiet and pretty much sleeps the day away, unlike her brother who was a VERY fussy baby and didn't sleep a whole lot. Going to watch him today while mom,dad and baby sister go to the Dr.

Joanne-sorry the Yankees lost! Hope their next games goes better. Enjoy Paradise today! Glad you enjoed craft club and:cheer for a finished scarf!:hug

Linda-Wow! Busy weekend! Sorry that you had to spend so much on car repairs. Hope Kim is feeling better soon:hug

Cindy-Glad MIL is ok. :hug

Tab-I have to agree that you can never have too many baby blankets. Hope you get your appt. soon to ease your worries.:hug

Marisa-:( sorry your loan got turned down but I'm sure it will all work out for you!

Mary, Tam and everyone else-Hi! Hope everything is settling down in your respective corners of the world!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

Hi, All :waving

I am in the same boat as Trish -- I am reading, but I am not keeping up too well. It is so wonderful to have Our House to come to when life is tough, when life is great, and even when life is on an even keel -- you all are so wonderful and friendly :ghug . Thank you for being here!

Birthday Week is off to a great start. Sunday morning, DH and I surprised Kyri and Annika with invitations to a near-by waterpark and hotel. We scrambled to pack suitcases, backpacks, and everything else we would need (I had a list prepared for a couple of days earlier, so it was not as bad as it could have been.) We thought the waterpark would be less crowded at the end of a weekend, rather than staying there on Saturday night, which is why we planned the treat as we did. It was perfect! So many times, the girls told us, "This is THE best day, ever." :manyheart We were in the hotel lobby at 3 pm, when we were allowed to check-into our suite. The girls had their suits on under their clothes, and we were riding the first waterslides by 3:30. We played until 6, then we drove into town for pizza and shakes, which we took into a park to eat out-of-doors. By 7:15, we were back in (dry) suits and heading out for Round 2 on the waterslides. We closed the park down that night. Oh, were my legs tired, as it was a minimum of 52 stairs up to the platforms for the waterslides, and, sometimes, we were hauling innertubes to ride on the larger slides. It was a great workout for me and DH :lol The girls just thought it was fun. I had brought bags of microwave popcorn, and we let them have a quick treat while watching HGTV's House Hunters on the cable television in the room. It was tough to settle-down and go to sleep, but we knew we had to, because Monday morning was going to dawn before we were ready for it. The girls were a little more tired than usual, but we ate a quick breakfast at the hotel, before DH drove them in to school. I took a little longer to pick up our room, but I was home by 9:30, I think. I am just thrilled that the girls had so much fun :c9 Today, Kyri brought a posterboard we were asked to make, highlighting her likes and interests. We printed pictures of her with her grandparents and cousins, of the teddy bear clothing she has crocheted (I ought to show you ladies her designs. I am always so impressed with what she makes without using a pattern.), of her and Annika playing outside at our house, and of her school friends. She decorated the "empty" spaces on the posterboard with tropical stickers and sparkly glitter glue -- it's eye-catching :lol. Tomorrow, Annika wants caramel rolls for breakfast, stromboli for dinner, a cookie cake and mint- chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. I have her presents wrapped, and I will decorate the dining room with pink as soon as she goes to bed this evening. Right now, I feel as though I have all of the details under control. Talk to me Friday, and we'll see if I was as prepared as I thought.

Our weather is absolutely un-October-like and gorgeous :sun. It was 82* here, yesterday :dance I washed all of our swimsuits, the girls' sleeping bags, and while the going was good, I threw in two additional loads of laundry. Today, I have to finish up that chore, but it really is not going to take me too long. The ironing on the other hand :faint Sure wish I could let that wait for another day, but I had better get to it, so DH has a pressed shirt to wear tomorrow.

Before I go, here is Kyri's teddy in a halter dress and with matching shoes post-20536-135897701314_thumb.jpg

A shrug with angora trim post-20536-135897701337_thumb.jpg

And, a dress with pleats post-20536-135897701343_thumb.jpg My Gramma has oodles of costume jewelry, which Kyri likes to use to accessorize her ensembles. :)

Talk to you, later.

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

How is everyone this fine Fall Morning?

I am still so busy crocheting and knitting! OMy!

My mom has asked me to make little Halloween treat bags for her to give to the only 8 trick or treaters she gets. I am down to being 85% done with them!

I have been busy getting my new online store together. I want to make more things and finally get patterns written ...tested and up on there too!

Only baseball game I watched this weekend was the double header Patrick had... :D sorry ladies! I'll watch a Nehawka Angels game anyday over any other! LOL

I do love watching baseball on TV though! its my favorite sport!

Sorry about the Yankees Joanne!! :hug

Cindy... always praying for your family!

Sorry to hear about the bank Marisa!

Dusti........Cute clothes for that teddy!!!!

Tabitha...........how's Elijah?

:hug :hug :hug ... Mary

Okay... I'm way behind with whats all been going on lately... I read... but dont respond and now I've fallen way behind!

Whats one everyones hooks these days?

OH YEAH.............. check this out........we finally found a good vehicle for Patrick................... Um... he REALLY loves his new jeep.... LOL

post-18634-135897701348_thumb.jpg

Check back in a while

Hi, All :waving

Birthday Week is off to a great start. Sunday morning, DH and I surprised Kyri and Annika with invitations to a near-by waterpark and hotel. We scrambled to pack suitcases, backpacks, and everything else we would need (I had a list prepared for a couple of days earlier, so it was not as bad as it could have been.) We thought the waterpark would be less crowded at the end of a weekend, rather than staying there on Saturday night, which is why we planned the treat as we did. It was perfect! So many times, the girls told us, "This is THE best day, ever." :manyheart We were in the hotel lobby at 3 pm, when we were allowed to check-into our suite. The girls had their suits on under their clothes, and we were riding the first waterslides by 3:30. We played until 6, then we drove into town for pizza and shakes, which we took into a park to eat out-of-doors. By 7:15, we were back in (dry) suits and heading out for Round 2 on the waterslides. We closed the park down that night. Oh, were my legs tired, as it was a minimum of 52 stairs up to the platforms for the waterslides, and, sometimes, we were hauling innertubes to ride on the larger slides. It was a great workout for me and DH :lol The girls just thought it was fun. I had brought bags of microwave popcorn, and we let them have a quick treat while watching HGTV's House Hunters on the cable television in the room. It was tough to settle-down and go to sleep, but we knew we had to, because Monday morning was going to dawn before we were ready for it. The girls were a little more tired than usual, but we ate a quick breakfast at the hotel, before DH drove them in to school. I took a little longer to pick up our room, but I was home by 9:30, I think. I am just thrilled that the girls had so much fun :c9 Today, Kyri brought a posterboard we were asked to make, highlighting her likes and interests. We printed pictures of her with her grandparents and cousins, of the teddy bear clothing she has crocheted (I ought to show you ladies her designs. I am always so impressed with what she makes without using a pattern.), of her and Annika playing outside at our house, and of her school friends. She decorated the "empty" spaces on the posterboard with tropical stickers and sparkly glitter glue -- it's eye-catching :lol. Tomorrow, Annika wants caramel rolls for breakfast, stromboli for dinner, a cookie cake and mint- chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. I have her presents wrapped, and I will decorate the dining room with pink as soon as she goes to bed this evening. Right now, I feel as though I have all of the details under control. Talk to me Friday, and we'll see if I was as prepared as I thought.

Our weather is absolutely un-October-like and gorgeous :sun. It was 82* here, yesterday :dance I washed all of our swimsuits, the girls' sleeping bags, and while the going was good, I threw in two additional loads of laundry. Today, I have to finish up that chore, but it really is not going to take me too long. The ironing on the other hand :faint Sure wish I could let that wait for another day, but I had better get to it, so DH has a pressed shirt to wear tomorrow.

Before I go, here is Kyri's teddy in a halter dress and with matching shoes [ATTACH]46043[/ATTACH]

A shrug with angora trim [ATTACH]46046[/ATTACH]

And, a dress with pleats [ATTACH]46048[/ATTACH] My Gramma has oodles of costume jewelry, which Kyri likes to use to accessorize her ensembles. :)

Talk to you, later.

Dusti ~ Sounds like birthday week got off to a great start. Happy Birthday to Kyri today. She makes neat stuff. Just like her mom.

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

How is everyone this fine Fall Morning?

I am still so busy crocheting and knitting! OMy!

My mom has asked me to make little Halloween treat bags for her to give to the only 8 trick or treaters she gets. I am down to being 85% done with them!

I have been busy getting my new online store together. I want to make more things and finally get patterns written ...tested and up on there too!

Only baseball game I watched this weekend was the double header Patrick had... :D sorry ladies! I'll watch a Nehawka Angels game anyday over any other! LOL

OH YEAH.............. check this out........we finally found a good vehicle for Patrick................... Um... he REALLY loves his new jeep.... LOL

[ATTACH]46050[/ATTACH]

Check back in a while

Another busy lady! Way to go! Patrick's picture is cute.

Kim is doing much better today. Still doesn't have a lot of appetite, but is drinking fluids again. Her eyes are clear and she's chipper and getting feisty, which is great.

Archived