Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone!!!

Thanks for the info on the pellet stove Cindy. We have a gas furnace and I guess as far as costs, it's not bad. I just think it would be great for downstairs which does tend to get a little nippy in the winter. Although with all the afghans I 've made, I guess we could just pile them on!! LOL

Judy- The afghan is beautiful! I made one (different pattern) with the green fleck yarn for my DD - I love that color!!! See you in the AM!!!!

Marisa- Glad you liked the haircut and the hairdresser was fun!!! That was a great idea to hand him your business cards!! It's all about networking!!!

Marlene- Thanks for the link- but when I went to the site I couldn't find the baseball buddies.

Toni- Good to see you here---miss you on the Ville!!

Linda- Enjoy your girls weekend!!!

Tammy- When do the boys finish fall ball? I'm glad that you have a few more weeks with your Navy son!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!!! Welcome to the weekend!!!!!!

It's time for me to do some cleaning before I head out to meet up with Judy and Phyllis!!!

I couldn't make the last meet up since my car decided it needed a new battery just as I was going!!!

Marisa- to answer your question re: Julie- She hasn't posted in a while--I sure hope all is well!

Good Morning House. It's a beautiful day, although it's supposed to be 88* this afternoon. We are very excited about the Rangers' game tonight! :cheer

Hi Toni! It was so good to see your post. :manyheart

Joanne and Judy ~ Have fun today! :yes

Judy ~ The afghan is gorgeous! :clap Keeping fingers crossed that your DS may have finally found the right girl! :D

Linda ~ Enjoy your girls' weekend...do you have special plans or will it be crochet and quilting time? :)

Marlene ~ Loved your dancing leaf story. :lol I'm easily entertained, too. :) I'm so glad Maya is doing well and enjoying school! My boyfriend in high school had a motorcycle and it scared me to death to ride with him. Luckily he also had a car. :lol

Marisa ~ That's wonderful that your dad can help you with so many things! Good luck with the remaining projects...when do you think you'll open your office?

Cindy ~ I hope your computer issues are fixed! For a couple of weeks, I've had trouble loading pages here at the 'ville - but not on any other sites!

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

I finished the Surreybelle scarf and have started another Shelly in Vanna's Linen color. Can't seem to quit making scarves. :lol:hook

DD and some friends took their little ones to ride the miniature train near the zoo yesterday. It's the same one we took her on many times when she was young! Evidently, Luke was so enthralled with it, he wouldn't get off and DD had to unwrap his hands from the railing and listen to a bit of screaming. :lol

post-10699-135897704289_thumb.jpg

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, Phyllis and I had a nice visit this morning - and a couple ofwomen in Starbucks stopped by to chat too, when they saw what we were doing!

Mary, Luke looks like such a little boy already! No baby... time goes by way too fast:yes

Off I go for now...have a good one, my friends!

Hi all!

Been busy collecting firewood. This morning I worked with my friend detailing a truck & car, then moved log lengths, then me & Sue filled my truck with split stuff, then I unloaded that and went back for more lengths. My arms are killing me!

I just joined the stocking stuffer swap, Now I will need a stocking pattern I like. Dont know if I'll crochet, knit or sew.

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, Phyllis and I had a nice visit this morning - and a couple ofwomen in Starbucks stopped by to chat too, when they saw what we were doing!

Mary, Luke looks like such a little boy already! No baby... time goes by way too fast:yes

Off I go for now...have a good one, my friends!

We had a wonderful time! It's so nice that we can get together about once a month!!!:manyheart It was kind of neat that two different women stopped and chatted with us!

Judy even brought some friendship bread to share and it was delicious!!! I have a piece for tonight after dinner, too!!!

Mary- Love the picture of Luke on the train!!!! And I'm on a scarf kick too- the Shelly pattern--so easy, yet so pretty!!!!

Hi all!

Been busy collecting firewood. This morning I worked with my friend detailing a truck & car, then moved log lengths, then me & Sue filled my truck with split stuff, then I unloaded that and went back for more lengths. My arms are killing me!

I just joined the stocking stuffer swap, Now I will need a stocking pattern I like. Dont know if I'll crochet, knit or sew.

My arms are hurting just reading your post!!!! Hope you get some time to relax!!! Have fun with the stocking stuff swap. I'm in the scarf swap right now and have one more thing to make for my partner and then I'll be ready to mail it!!:yay

Just dropping by to say hello..work was good today, but I didn't sleep last night, so I'm already ready to go to bed, and its not even 8 o'clock!

Hope that you get LOTS of sleep tonight to make up for last night!!:hug

Good morning and congrats to all of the Texas fans!!! :clap I'll be honest, I was rooting for the Tigers but the Rangers definitely outplayed them. Maybe this year they'll go all the way!!!

Not much on the agenda for today other than football and crochet (My kind of relaxing day) I need to make a baby blanket that I thought I had 2 wks to make-turns out when I checked the calendar, the shower is next Saturday!:eek

Have a good one everyone:hug

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, it was nice seeing you again! And I'm sure you'll have no problem getting the blanket finished in time...:yes What pattern are you using?

Cindy, I know how hard it is to get through a day when you haven't slept well the night before...I hope you had a good night last night.:hug

We're having an easy Sunday....football starts at 1, so we'll be watching. We're both Giant fans like Joanne.

It's a nice and cool today, so I'll be taking both dogs for walks (at different times:lol) to tire them out. We may go out for our Sunday drive, too...it's way too pretty to stay in all day.

Hi to Linda, Tam, Tab, Toni, Wrennie, Dusti and everybody. Have a good one, my friends.:hug:manyheart

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, it was nice seeing you again! And I'm sure you'll have no problem getting the blanket finished in time...:yes What pattern are you using?

Cindy, I know how hard it is to get through a day when you haven't slept well the night before...I hope you had a good night last night.:hug

I'm using the quick and easy Bubbles Baby Blanket by Deneen St. Amour! Two strands throughout- I had some blue Bernat Softee Baby in my stash (good thing she is having a boy:lol) Already started and it's working up quickly!

It IS a gorgeous day here in NJ as Judy mentioned!!! Beautiful, sunshine and fall in the air. Love it and I agree definitely too nice to stay inside all day. Will watch the Giants game at 1 but I think DH and I are going to go out in a bit this morning--I hear him stirring- FINALLY!!

Have a great one everybody...oh, and Phyllis--enjoy your trek to PA! and HL~~

I'm using the quick and easy Bubbles Baby Blanket by Deneen St. Amour! Two strands throughout- I had some blue Bernat Softee Baby in my stash (good thing she is having a boy:lol) Already started and it's working up quickly!

Nice pattern!

Good afternoon everyone. The mighty hunter forgot to take his crossbow with him when he went to the cabin this weekend, so they slept late both days and did some work around the cabin and fields where weeds had grown up and sort of taken over. :lol :lol :lol

I spent most of my computer time yesterday at the I Love Yarn thread trying to keep caught up with all that was going on there. Lots of fun chatting and lots of pretty projects on display. Some pretty nice prices in the drawing too, although I didn't win anything. Sigh! :lol

Cindy, I hope your computer stops messing with the ville!!!

Marlene, I already made the ghan - using frosty green fleck, here it is.

That's lovely Judy.

DD and some friends took their little ones to ride the miniature train near the zoo yesterday. It's the same one we took her on many times when she was young! Evidently, Luke was so enthralled with it, he wouldn't get off and DD had to unwrap his hands from the railing and listen to a bit of screaming. :lol

What an adorable picture Mary! He is growing up so fast. But once they start walking it seems that they don't stay little for long.

Marisa it sounds like your office is really coming along well. Is opening day soon?

Nice to hear from you too Toni.

Oh, Wrennie, I ache for you with all the work with the wood. Is is rest time yet?

Hugs to all in need. :hug :hug :hug

Hi House! DH left for the airport this a.m. and I haven't stopped since...extra cleaning and closet rearranging. :)

Wrennie ~ Lots of hard work going on! DH and I used to cut and load our firewood, but now it gets delivered. :lol Of course, we don't use nearly as much as you do! The swap sounds like lots of fun!

Joanne ~ Can't wait to see your baby 'ghan. :c9 Yep, the Rangers are awesome this year - I hope they go all the way! :cheer

Linda ~ Loved reading about the mighty hunter who had nothing to hunt with. :lol Our wild turkeys were marching across the country road we take to leave our area...they hadn't been around the last couple of years and we were glad to see them. :yes

Hi Judy, Cindy and everyone!

The Giants Won- so all is good in my (sports) world!!!

Worked on the baby ghan on/off today- made chicken soup for dinner, went out for a bit today too.

Linda- I chuckled when I read how the hunter didn't have what he needed to hunt with!!! Isn't that a typical male?:lol:lol My DH was going out the other day to mail something- left the house and returned about 5 minutes later, because he forgot the package!

Wrennie- Hope your shoulders and rest of your body aren't too sore today!!!

Cindy- Hope you had a good day at work today and that you got a good night's sleep last night!

Dusti- I was thinking of you and wondering if your DH is home yet? Have you recovered from the busy week of the book fair?

Tab- Hugs and positive thoughts for your continued good pregnancy.

Marisa- Hope you had a good weekend with your folks and got lots of things accomplished.

Off for the night---back to :crocheting the baby ghan!

Good morning and Welcome to Monday

Not much new to report since I was the last poster last night:lol Got more done on the baby ghan and tonight is craft club at the library with 2 hrs of :crocheting!!!

Have a fab day!

Good morning! It is still really dark outside, even though it is not all that early in the morning -- not sure I am a fan of this 'fall' weather. I love the leaves and the colors :autumn, but the chilly temps and long, dark nights...:think We'll get used to it and find the beauty in it, I just am not fond of the change-over from lovely to gloomy.

DH is home :yay I survived the Book Fair :yay:yay This a.m., we are off to Parent-Teacher conferences at 8:30. The girls have their books "to read quietly in the hallway," and I have my notebook for recording hints and comments to use during the rest of the year. I have to ask one of the teachers about taking Kyri for Hawaii...Little nervous on this one, as the teacher has a strict policy on absences and being part of the 'group dynamic on the classroom each and every day.' We'll see. I AM going to be back here this afternoon to catch-up, properly, with all of you, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a good Monday. Talk to you in a few hours :manyheart

Good afternoon everyone. The mighty hunter forgot to take his crossbow with him when he went to the cabin this weekend, so they slept late both days and did some work around the cabin and fields where weeds had grown up and sort of taken over. :lol :lol :lol

Yay for the wildlife:yay

That's lovely Judy.

Thank you!

Good morning and Welcome to Monday

Not much new to report since I was the last poster last night:lol Got more done on the baby ghan and tonight is craft club at the library with 2 hrs of :crocheting!!!

Have a fab day!

Hi!

Have fun at the craft club. You should be able to get a lot done on your baby blanket....

A light rain and gloomy here....and I don't do gloomy weather well, just like Dusti.

Not too busy a day for me so I'm hopping to get a few more rows of x st done...if the pups cooperate. If I can get them out for a walk they'll be tired and nap:D

Have a good one, my friends.

Gooooood morning! I weighed myself this morning. Gained 2 pounds with the reunion food but that's not too bad as I'm basically maintaining at the same weight with fluxuations of a couple of pounds one way or the other. However, John was bugging me about my keeping track of everything again, so guess he's not satisfied. :sigh Anyway, I'm back to keeping track again.

I found the yarn for the shawl for the young gal at the reunion. It's a variegated pink with a medium rose, pink, and white in Homespun. I started it last night while watching TV with Rosie. I'm using the size hook the pattern calls for but I'm not sure that I like it. I'm really tempted to take it out and use the bigger hook that I'm using on the other one. It's not nearly as soft feeling as the first one and that's part of what I like about this pattern, Shimmy Shawl by Lion Brand. I think I'll tray another couple of rows and then decide.

DH is home :yay I survived the Book Fair :yay:yay This a.m., we are off to Parent-Teacher conferences at 8:30. The girls have their books "to read quietly in the hallway," and I have my notebook for recording hints and comments to use during the rest of the year. I have to ask one of the teachers about taking Kyri for Hawaii...Little nervous on this one, as the teacher has a strict policy on absences and being part of the 'group dynamic on the classroom each and every day.' We'll see. I AM going to be back here this afternoon to catch-up, properly, with all of you, so I'll let you know how it goes.:manyheart

Good luck with the parent/teacher conferences. Hope Kyri's teacher cooperates.

Judy ~ It's so nice to see you back with us again. You've been missed big time.

I loved it when John told me he'd forgotten his crossbow. :lol Talk about ditzy. And guys claim gals are forgetful! :lol He had a good time and relaxed and that's the main thing.

Thursday through Saturday is the annual Georgia Quilt Expo and I'm going all three days! I'm hoping to take a couple of classes, but time will tell whether or not that actually happens. I am taking Carol, another friend that Rosie is teaching to quilt, with me at least one of the days. Rosie is going to miss it this year as she and John are flying to Colorado to visit their daughter who lives in Colorado Springs. And dote on their grandchildren there. :D I'll be on the lookout for something special at the expo for her birthday present. I've found some really nice material on special several times. And it helps that I know in general what's in her stash and the colors she like. :lol

Hope everyone has a nice day. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

Hey ladies :hi

I only have a minute, I have a webinar with my web site people at 5 so that gives me 10 minutes :eek It was a busy weekend and I had a few issues to deal with today. Then my computer didn't want to turn on, but luckily it did since the desktop is not set up yet. My dad put my desk together on saturday and they sent to wrong piece for one of them so it wouldn't fit together right. I talked to a few people and we were able to figure out what happened. The downside is that it has to be taken apart and repackaged to go back to them and meanwhile they got the right one being sent out right away. Dad and I are thinking the wrong piece is NOT being taken apart to go back so are trying to figure out if it will make sense anywhere :think

Then the heat wouldn't come on, which is gas so my dad checked the heater for a pilot light, but there isn't one it's a different type of starter thing like on a gas grill which was 'arking' :think Anyhoo, I called the gas company today and after being on hold for a while and then being told they'd call me back until they looked into this a bit further, found my gas was never turned on a month ago :eek So, they'll be out tomorrow :whew I don't think they realized that there were four of us in the building all with the same address :think

Um, ok I gotta run so I can post in another thread too

But Linda, I hope opening day is soon. I should be able to schedule my inspection later this week if I don't need my reception desk completely together for it :think

Judy, Joanne, and Phyllis - Glad to hear you ladies had a great visit....I was with you in spirit :hug

Archived