200 hats down, a few more to go

This is a box jammed full of the 200 hats that I have made so far in my hat-a-day self contest.:crocheting

post-4896-135897553119_thumb.jpg

I have an addy for a northern, native ministry (through my denomination)that will take them.:angel I still have another140 (minus 2) to finish before the end of November but I want to send these out sooner rather than wait until December.

I just want to encourage any of you out there who think you can`t manage a hat-a-day. it can be done. :wlol

Wow! Are you making many of the same pattern, or are you using lots of different patterns? Are they for both children and adults? Are you using different types of yarn? I'm just wondering how you keep this wonderful self challenge new and fresh for yourself. Great work, by the way!

Wow! Are you making many of the same pattern, or are you using lots of different patterns? Are they for both children and adults? Are you using different types of yarn? I'm just wondering how you keep this wonderful self challenge new and fresh for yourself. Great work, by the way!

I am just making whatever comes to mind when I pick up the yarn.

When I use the boucle yarn there is not much you can do so they tend to be the same beanie style.

I do have a bunch of different types and they are for every age from newborn to adult. I have a special fondness for tams so there are quite a few of them The 'square' hats are also a bit of a fave of mine. :wlol

Fantastic job. What a blessing your hats will be. What an inspiration you are. Which means I really need to get busy with the potholders, microwave plate/pot pinchers, dishcloths, hats, and scarves for my church's clothes closet. :ty for sharing.

Thank you all for your kind words. I really do hope to encourage all to get into charitable crochet. My problem is always finding victims recipients :wlol for what I make.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived