Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Hey all, I'm not really here.... I'm not allowing myself to start anything here until I'm done with the 9patches in my Blue Star. Can't stop me from dreaming, though! :blush

I have a question. I am reading through old posts and I really like the look of whipstitching, but I'm lazy. I'm gonna try an around-the-world (I've failed a saltine 'ghan before, so I refuse to invest new yarn, just scraps). Has anyone tried to sc the squares together one *color* at a time, using the same yarn as the completed round? I'm thinking the stitches would disappear that way, since the pieces joined would always be the same two colors. Does that make sense? This will only work for solids, I think the stitching would show with variegated.

(Gee, I may just *have* to give this a try after all.... JUST SAY NO!):goodorbad

Good grief, if I'm not careful I'll wind up in the SkyCAL!

OK, I'll go back to reading and trying to catch up to you all!

I did 3 kinds of joining on my trip around the world. I used the color from the row I was adding and started with the whip stitch then went to a slip stitch for a while and ended up doing mostly sc joining. :lol

IMO on the trip around the world I think it was easiest to join using the sc just because of having to go into that little corner.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, Ladies. :hook Hope you all are doing well. I am reserving this afternoon for crochet time, so I'd better get busy this a.m.!

Hi Linda Y.~ Have a safe trip. We're looking forward to pictures when you return. :)

Wendy that is AWESOME!!!:cheer

Athba, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's grandfather.

Not sure how much I'll be on today. Hubby is home now but he does go back to work tonight. So unless he gets off early I should be back early this evening.

Thanks Donna

Athba sorry to hear about your hubby's grandfather.

While i had the casablanca sitting on the floor I put the amish on top to see how much I would still have to do. I know that the casa fits right across the top of my queen size bed. I dont think 12 blocks is going to be enough which means that I wont get it done by the 10/8 which is only a month away. I will see how I go but it might have to end up being a xmas present. I dont want to rush it.

Wendy, I think that Casa would take me a lot longer than 6 months to make! I can't wait to see a picture of it.

Took me over a year ! :lol :lol

Yes, isn't it getting exciting about Wendy's Casa? I can barely contain my anticipation :jumpyay And that's not me being a smart alec...I really am excited :manyheart

6 months in the making

1064 squares

1 Casablanca.

Its done, just have to weave in ends, do the vertical rows and the border.:jumpyay:woo

Awesome, Wendy! Congratulations. :hook

Tabby

Can I wear my HOUSECOAT for my TOGA ????

And my rolled down knee-high pantyhose ?

I'll go out and get a branch off the tree to use for the fig leaf things on my head .

Wendy- everyone is sure waiting for the big unveiling !!! :)

I think it's only something like 5 AM there, though. :(

Wendy should be getting up soon, then..certainly within the next couple of hours. I think she's an early bird:)

She should KNOW how much we're all so excited to see the unveiling!!

Tabby

I'll go out and get a branch off the tree to use for the fig leaf things on my head .

:lol :lol :lol I have tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.

Tabby

:rofl :rofl :rofl it made me think of Mama from Mama's Family. She always wore her panty hose rolled down. :lol

Hey, Mary - that's great!:yay

What color did you do the border? Or are you going to surprise us with the picture?

Archived