Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

I MAY just go ahead and tell you my ideas since Krystal told me NOT to ... :lol

It's gonna be funny if we do start another and she SAYS she won't join in, but I bet she will ....

Right now, I can say I started the Crochet a quilt and finished one ( my around the world )

I started the VanGogh and finished my RR .

I have all my parts of the Circle one done and mailed .

If I finish the WB, that will be my Happy House one done .

Something tells me the Sky one will be a neverending thing-- I myself have kinda come to the conclusion that some of the UFO's were UFO's for a reason. Either didnt like them, didn't like the pattern, colors, or just lost interest, so I DOUBT I will complete most of the things on there, but I REALLY want to finish the WB.

It is turning out so pretty .

I guess all I'll need at this point is a little NUDGE to at least give you my newest CAL ideas and see what you all think of them.

Now that doesn't mean I'll START one, but I'll toss the ideas out there and see what you all think .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

Yep, I'm still working on quilts. Always. I ran out of red yarn at the end of my Big Top the other day so I have to wait until Thursday to get more. I'll work the Christmas Goose now.

And even with the other CALs I'll probably still be here for a long time :lol So many quilts, so little time :hook

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

I have wanted to do this one for a REALLY long time ----

Crochetville Sampler Square Afghan

To do this, I'd ask each participant to agree to take at least ONE square- the rules would be as follows :

Find a crochet stitch online ( there are several websites devoted to just explaining crochet stitches ). They usually give you a set number of stitches to make the design, so we'd need to say we want the squares to turn out a certain size, say 7 inch.

Your job would be to choose one stitch you really like, and come up with a starting chain count for it ,and approx. how many rows it'd take to make it into a SQUARE . Also, the size hook you used .

I pm'd Amy several months back about it, and we'd be allowed to do this IF we post the link to the stitch, then you can tell how many starting chains and how many rows. We cannot post the directions here UNLESS it is a stitch you have invented on your own .

We would each make one square of each person's ,then we'd all kinda have a souvenier Crochetville Afghan ,with each square being a remembrance of the person who "designed " it, so to speak .

Whatcha think of this one ????

Good, Bad, or Ugly ???? :think

I have wanted to do this one for a REALLY long time ----

Crochetville Sampler Square Afghan

Good, Bad, or Ugly ???? :think

I think that's a beautiful idea! Very cool! I might even have to stray from the Sky CAL to do that one :lol

Julie, that sounds great - it would also be a help for me since I need a nudge in the imagination department and I can't always run to Phil for ideas:lol

What would we DO with the squares we finish?:think

Good Morning! I slept until 8, which is a record for me. :eek

Julie, more CAL planning? :devil I've been so good and stayed with only one...but now you have me curious. :lol I am determined to finish my Woven Blocks and Ohio Star Variant and I want to make Mr. Penguin, too. And then there is the Baby Gingham...I guess I'll never leave our "Happy House." ;) Oh! And Linda's Train, too. I hope she is okay; I've missed her lately.

Judy

Well, we could either make an afghan for us to keep, or you could assemble the squares to make a charity item, or petty much anything else I guess.

I think I'd want to keep it as kinda like a Souvenier of each of you guys .

Maybe we could have a vote on colors too, so we'd all end up with matching ones ??

Kinda like the 63 afghan ...

Don't know, just throwing out ideas . :)

With this group I don't know if we could EVER decide on one color scheme:lol , but I love the idea of sharing the patterns we come up with and making our own memory ghan.

With this group I don't know if we could EVER decide on one color scheme:lol , but I love the idea of sharing the patterns we come up with and making our own memory ghan.

Judy~The color discussion alone could take weeks. :lol

I too will probably never get fully done with this CAL here. Too many to do and they are neat for lapghans for the nursing home.

I've started doing the pinwheel one for my scraps so I really don't have a deadline on it, it will just be ongoing as I get scraps till it's the size I want.

I'm debating on the ducky one. I just don't know who to give it to when I get it done but I'm still thinking about it. It's sooo cute. :)

Well I'm back from the dentist. Still numb but doing okay. That was a stressful trip since I brought both girls with me. I suggest no one does that. lol

I'm not sure about doing the casa. It wasnt' even on the list I made to choose from. I do want to make it someday though. We shall see if I get the courage to start it. Wendy you see what you are trying to start here you troublemaker :lol I hope you have a good night.

Julie I love that idea. I think I'd like to keep it for me as well. It would be a wonderful reminder of all my ville friends. :yes

Heather, I'm thinking on that one too. Plus I want to make one for my aunt (who I don't think needs one as big as the casa) lol

Just thought i'd veer the conversation back into the crocheting area a little bit.

Are you all still working on your quilt-ghans or are you finished with them ? I know a few of you finished ,but planned on starting others .

I'm still on my good old Woven Blocks. I bet you guys are getting as tired of me talking about that as you are seeing Arnold's face.

I'm trying .....

We may get to saw the picture down a little further .We shall see. Since I am doing another Lightning Round ,I have til Monday to reveal my latest progress. I have my fingers crossed that I can get to a mid-point by then. We shall see .

Go Julie Go! :cheer

I got stuck on my Blackford's Beauty for a while because I was going to do some of it pink. But if I did that I would have to go back and replace some of the squares that I have so securely sewn in already. :sigh I kept procastinating on that :blush so I've finally decided to just make the pink blocks into pillows and stay with just the blue. So I'll be getting back to that in the next few days after I finish another project I'm working on that has a deadline. :hook So that's the scoop!

Linda Y

Yeah, I don't think one color would work that well.

Well I'm back from the dentist. Still numb but doing okay. That was a stressful trip since I brought both girls with me. I suggest no one does that. lol

Um, thanks -but I think that one was already pretty well known to me!

Yes, I agree I don't think one color would look as good. Isn't the 63 squares like 3 or 4 different colors then off white? :think

Donna - Hope you're recovering from your trip to the dentist....not the dentist, the girls :lol Sorry couldn't resist :devil

LOL I had forgotten to find someone to watch them till it was too late. It doesn't help that 2 of my 3 friends here work and hubby is out of town till tonight. I was pretty much stuck. They are doing better now. And the feeling is just now coming back to my mouth. I made sure my next appointment was during school though. We won't be doing that again unless they need to see the dentist too

Yea, you guys are probably right regarding the colors. It may be Christmas before we'd get it all figured out. I guess for now I should stick with my WB so as not to veer off course again, which seems to be REAL easy for me . :lol

Linda- thanks for the cheering section. I am trying real hard to stay on this, this time .

I'll be interested to see what you've come up with now when you get some new photos updated .

Archived