Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you know, a little of this, a little of that. It's hot, I don't feel like crocheting, cuz it's hot, so I sit at home and read. My cat has cancer, but he's pretty stable right now, and I hate my job, but they pay me well and I have a lot of freedom, and it does afford me to buy my cats their kibble.

Well, I sorta see what you mean by a little of this , a little of that .

Sorry your kitty is sick and that you don't like your job .

But glad the pay is good. I guess it depends on how bad you dislike it whether it's worth the money to stay or to look for something new .

Well, I sorta see what you mean by a little of this , a little of that .

Sorry your kitty is sick and that you don't like you job .

But glad the pay is good. I guess it depends on how bad you dislike it whether it's worth the money to stay or to look for something new .

----------

I've been looking for about 3 years, to be honest, and not much. I've had a number of interviews (including 3 out of state that were paid for), and nothing. The most promising was for a job in the Astronomy department, but the salary they could offer was a little less than what I make, and even though I told them that wasn't an issue for me, I think they were worried I wouldn't stick around if I took that job, so they offered it to someone else (i.e., someone cheaper). That happens a lot around here. Shoot, I wouldn't have even applied for the job if I hadn't been willing to accept their salary.

One thing leads to another. I decided to mow the front yard this a.m. even though it's 95 and super humid. By then, I was such a total mess, I ended up staying in the yard until about 4 and enjoyed every minute of it. With all the rain and family stuff, I've missed my yard this year! :garden

Hi Renee ~ It's good to see you here. :)

Now I have to get cleaned up and get something done inside! Maybe there will be some crochet time this evening. :hook

Hi, gang. I'm still here. :yesThe docs are changing my medication for depression and it's been making it really hard to concentrate on anything at all. Normally I can crochet these little squares on autopilot, but right now they require a lot of concentration, which I just don't have. It should get better in a few weeks. I'm lurking and listening, but probably won't log on very often until things clear up a bit on the brain front. :hug

Hi Linda, we've missed you and are glad you checked in. :hug Hopefully, it won't take too long to adjust to the new meds and you'll be able to whip out those squares again soon. :manyheart

Linda - You take your sweet time getting used to the new med :hug Thanks for letting us know what's up :yes We worry about you :manyheart

Mary - Excellent job on the yard! Big Daddy started to mow the yard yesterday but the mower wouldn't start :( He thinks it just got too wet with the rain and just needs fresh gasoline. So he dumped it and he'll get new :yes

Linda~I forgot to mention that I showed DD your train ghan and she absolutely loved it...so that will be another one for the Grandma's Hope Chest. :D

Awwww....:c9

Wendy - WOW! Incredible work, my friend...:clap :clap The colors you picked are so beautiful, too - and I know it has to be more than big enough to cover your bed!!

Linda- glad you checked in. Take care of yourself and we are all here if you need to yak. We are all real good at that .

Mary- it sounds like you had a very productive day .

Renee- well, good luck if you decide to apply again. I hope you find something more suited to you and that you like better .

Wendy- you are my SQUARE HERO . WOW- what a trooper you are !

wow nice updates

Leslie

i love all your quilts go for it girl you should make competetion between you and cara :lol

Julie

nice to have you back :hug

you can`t imagine how much i`ve missed you

wendy

woohoo :woo

go and do more squares (squares lady) :clap i`m happy you`ll finish the casa :cheer

i`ll start it again as soon as all the afghans of mine are done (moms 63 squares afghan , hubby`s RR , my 200crochet blocks afghan , blue start for my house, 63 cable stiches for me and hubby`s bed room) then i think i`ll have plenty of time to make the casa while i`ll have nothing and hubby will be busy for long time at work :(

for my updates

hubby`s Grandpa died 2 days ago and i was so busy

i`m taking knitting classes twice a week (maybe we should make knitted quilted patterns :lol)

i`ll probably use one of the easiest patterns for a scrab ghan as donna made ;) becase as much progress i`m finishing as much scrabs and left overs i`m getting :\

donna

ps: i saw the packege and i`ll make sure of starting the new cal after we all are done of our nightmare 63crochet stiches afghan)

Yea, you guys are probably right regarding the colors. It may be Christmas before we'd get it all figured out. I guess for now I should stick with my WB so as not to veer off course again, which seems to be REAL easy for me . :lol

It does sound like a neat CAL, and when you get done with your WB I'll jump in with you. (But I'll wait patiently since I've got a few WIPs that I'm trying to get done.)

Linda- thanks for the cheering section. I am trying real hard to stay on this, this time .

Four blocks done now, wow! :cheer

I'll be interested to see what you've come up with now when you get some new photos updated .

I'll try to have some progress to show on Friday if I can. :yes

Have a good evening (or day) everyone!

Linda Y

wow nice updates

Leslie

i love all your quilts go for it girl you should make competetion between you and cara :lol

Actually, Leslie has been kind enough to allow us to collaborate on the quilts. No competition on my part. I'm very proud of her :manyheart And Linda is well on her way to becoming a heck of a designer too! :hug

Hi, Athba!! I'm so sorry to hear about hubby's grandfather...we seem to be seeing a bunch of those sad things happening latley. Give him a hug for us, please:hug

We've missed you, but know you have so much going on these days it's hard to get to everything you want to do.:manyheart

Hey all, I'm not really here.... I'm not allowing myself to start anything here until I'm done with the 9patches in my Blue Star. Can't stop me from dreaming, though! :blush

I have a question. I am reading through old posts and I really like the look of whipstitching, but I'm lazy. I'm gonna try an around-the-world (I've failed a saltine 'ghan before, so I refuse to invest new yarn, just scraps). Has anyone tried to sc the squares together one *color* at a time, using the same yarn as the completed round? I'm thinking the stitches would disappear that way, since the pieces joined would always be the same two colors. Does that make sense? This will only work for solids, I think the stitching would show with variegated.

(Gee, I may just *have* to give this a try after all.... JUST SAY NO!):goodorbad

Good grief, if I'm not careful I'll wind up in the SkyCAL!

OK, I'll go back to reading and trying to catch up to you all!

Morning everyone

Girls I have one row and 22 squares left to make on the Casa. Im nearly there. Then its the vertical sc crocheting to be done.

Wendy~That is so exciting. Good for you!:cheer

Hi Julie B. ~ Hope you decide to join us; Cara's patterns are wonderful and we have lots of fun. I've always whipstitched the squares and rows, so am not much help on the sc method.:think

Oops, I forgot, I'll be out of town until Monday night. DS and I are going to visit grandparents. So I won't be able to post pictures on Friday. Maybe next Monday or Tuesday. . .

TTFN! (Ta Ta For Now!)

Linda Y

Archived