Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy

Did it give you the WILLIES to wake up and read how many people across the ocean are waiting for you to get out of bed ?

Funny, isn't it ?

You can unveil it whenever you want. I think I'd wait til it was all completed, but any way you wanna do it is fine ~ :)

Mary-wonderful news on your bus-ghan.:clap

We are really cranking out some work this week, ladies ! I almost have block number 5 ready to attach to my WB .

One more EYELASH off of Arnold .

Mary- Tab and Krystal- well, the way I dress, i could be a cross between Mrs Roper, Edith Bunker and Mama . I think I have Mama's MOUTH ... I don't wear the purple flowered dresses with the lace collars or the white nurse's shoes, but I am not exactly a fashion plate .

I dress kinda like a cross between a Bag Lady and a Goodwill Mannekin .

( ** And stupid thing is, I LIKE looking like that . ) :D

Hey I actually have street clothes on since I went out today and hubby's taking us to see the new Harry Potter film tonight. :jumpyay Most days if I even make it into my houseclothes I've done good :tup

Have to be careful doing that though....got locked outta the house the other evening in my jammies, no brassiere and no teeth and the guys next door picked just that time to work on their car so I couldn't sneak around and knock on the window for DH to hear me. Thank goodness he came looking for me before too long :lol

Cara

I go down to the public library in my PJ's . :D

I go out in my yard all the time in them too .

Might give the 80 year old neighbor man a thrill, who knows ?

Just trying to make his last years as pleasant as possible. :manyheart

Thanks Wendy

But my woven blocks is about like comparing a washcloth to a bath towel -- yours is HUGE !!!!

Anyhow, you definitely have willpower by the boatloads to keep on working on such a huge project and so many squares .

Julie, that's great progress on the Woven Blocks...I have 4 blocks done on mine and I could send them to you! They're not the same colors, but who cares if we can just get Arnold to go away. :devil

Thanks for the offer, Mary

I am really sick of that ugly little mug myself, thats why I have ground my fingertips down to dust this week trying to get that WB finished.

Love the little school bus, by the way-- really CUTE !

Have to be careful doing that though....got locked outta the house the other evening in my jammies, no brassiere and no teeth

I guess that will teach you! LOL!

Julie I was a bit amazed at all the calls for the casa. I think I will wait till its all finished. Im hoping to do some verticals this arvo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't make us wait! Show us NOW!!!

Julie, that's great progress on the Woven Blocks...I have 4 blocks done on mine and I could send them to you! They're not the same colors, but who cares if we can just get Arnold to go away. :devil

Hey, I sense some dissension in the ranks, here.

The Wheels on the Bus Cuddle Quilt is finished! It measures about 46 x 36. Cara, thank you for the pattern. :manyheart

(Clickable)

th_SchoolBus015.jpg

Yippee!!! I love it! I am so glad my idea with the gold worked for you! :cheer

Thanks for the offer, Mary

I am really sick of that ugly little mug myself, thats why I have ground my fingertips down to dust this week trying to get that WB finished.

Love the little school bus, by the way-- really CUTE !

Now, Julie - if only you could get your hook to work to the beat of your voice, we'd have Arnold gone in a flash! The gift of gab doesn't travel down the arm to the hook, and that's a shame!

Mary~Cute, cute, cute. Love it! :cheer:clap:cheer

Cara & Julie~I go out everyday in my jammies to get the kiddos off to school. There are days I don't even brush my hair & I still go out and sit so they can play for awhile. Jammies & no bra........now that's the life. :yes

I try not leave them if I don't have to although my jammies are just a real comfy pair of running pants & one of my hubbies big t-shirts that say something rude. :lol

Evening ladies :flower

Wow! Been a busy busy day here. Went to go get stuff for the new kitten we rescued. Had to take nephew to the doctor. He neglected to tell anyone he has an ingrown toenail that was so infected his entire toe was a reddish purple :yuck They had to remove the nail :(

Then Big Daddy took me to see the new Harry Potter film tonight. Pretty good. And I wore my slippers :tup:lol

Mary - Fabulous job on the bus ghan!!!! You do such great work :manyheart I'm just thrilled you ladies like the patterns so much :hug

You guys are so talented! I have read up into April now (yes, I'm skimming the whole thread so I don't miss anything important!) and I'm hooked. I can't believe I'm gonna do this- I once swore off all saltine 'ghans for life. This bunch are just bad influences, that's my only excuse!

Well, what was the thing that tipped me over to the dark side, you ask? I (gulp) pulled out the colored pencils. I LOVE to play with those stupid charts! I also commandeered my daughter to weave my ends for me, LOL! I don't know how much she'll actually do, but at least I got a verbal agreement. Let's see if I can describe my Master Plan for my around the world. From the center square out:

gold

painted desert

claret

frosty green

light sage

sage (I can't remember the name, but it's the dk RH green)

buff

warm brown

coffee

light blue

country blue

windsor blue

cornmeal

gold.....

...and then repeat colors, but decreasing the number of squares to square off the corners, make sense? I'm planning on sc the rounds together, using the color of the row I'm joining. This chart works up to 56 squares of each color plus joining yarn- I'll be hacked if I have to buy additional yarn because I'm one square short of a skein!

Wait, I've been one square short of a skein for years! :think

Krystal

Me thinks you are getting a little too big for your britches little missy . :yes

If I could crochet at the rate I talk !!!! :eek

Who ever heard of such blasphemy !!! :no

(And it's not dissension if I get some help getting rid of that little PIPSQUEAK avatar with MY NAME on it . ) :angry

We are all just going to have a mutiny and go in as a team to get the little devil off here .

By the way- BLOCK 5 is complete and attached--

Take another eyelash off the little BOZO .

Julie B - we're all short a skien here:lol ...your plan sounds beautiful!!

Mary...that school bus ghan is beautiful and so cute! Do I see a band of yellow around the ghan BEFORE the red border?

Great work!!:clap

Julie it's nice to see you making progress and seeing that little guy disappear!

Mary I love that bus ghan! Good job...it is so cute!

Julie B your colors sound beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

Julie B - One square short of a skein! :rofl I gotta remember that one :D

Julie - Grats on block #5.....I feel the twerp melting! :jumpyay

Well, I have got to get off here. Y'all are just too distracting :lol I have an appointment this morning. Be back soon :manyheart

Archived