Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, my crochet journal remains rather empty, and it's already a week into the new year! I have several things to complete, but no progress yet on them, I guess I have taken a sabatical this past week, winding down from all the fluff and flutter of the holidays. I expect to do a major inventory of my supplies soon, and go from there, replenishing colors, and such, losing faith though in my local hobby lobby, as it's choices certainly are waining recently, has anyone else noticed even more streamlining there?

I do have two lap ghans to edge, one of them being a friendship ghan with squares contributed by a lot of you here on the granny sqaure along, but have moved that back a peg or two for now, and will pick it up one of these days and complete at least that one for a pic! Then I have a squaring the round circle ghan to edge, not sure if I should add an other row of 12 inch sqaures to that, so holding off on that one as well.. Had a couple scarves meet their new owners over the holidays, and have seen them wear them as well, as one gal walks by everyday, and sure enough, the scarf ends be a flyin! So, my being on a "break" is justified, i suppose! I think I will feel more inspired once I get my inventory done, and replenish the supplies with a trip to the HL, or Joannes! Hope everyone is hooking along in happiness!!

Thank you Mumbles :manyheart:manyheart Haven't gotten anything in the mail for a while Luvs yall! My mom expressed an interest in making some squares for people but I told her she needs to finish the cousin's babyshower present first XD (its in about a week) post-48737-135897724792_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies! I had an incredibly eventful day yesterday, and I'm playing catch up today. My neighbor started a fire to burn some clippings, and it got out of control. Most of my back yard is now black. It was scary there for a little while. Hope everyone is doing well. All the squares are gorgeous!!

I received 3 very pretty squares from my dear friend, Fiona (aka mumbles17) in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much! I love them! Here's a pic of what she made me, and then I've also included a pic of the ghan laid out in the floor. It's almost complete!!

post-20325-13589772524_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897725244_thumb.jpg

I received 3 very pretty squares from my dear friend, Fiona (aka mumbles17) in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much! I love them! Here's a pic of what she made me, and then I've also included a pic of the ghan laid out in the floor. It's almost complete!!

Hi everyone! I can't wait to get started, and I just sent in my request. I look forward to sending squares to ohers as well.

Steph, it looks great! I'll try to send one out to you asap to add!

Trudy, welcome! :hug

Hi Ladies! I had an incredibly eventful day yesterday, and I'm playing catch up today. My neighbor started a fire to burn some clippings, and it got out of control. Most of my back yard is now black. It was scary there for a little while. Hope everyone is doing well. All the squares are gorgeous!!

Ooohhh, that must have been scary! Glad it stopped at the back yard! :hug

Beautiful squares! Your blanket is going to be so pretty!

Hi everyone! I can't wait to get started, and I just sent in my request. I look forward to sending squares to ohers as well.

Welcome!!!

Very nice!

PLEASE READ!

Okay, first off I have the list updated so you if you want a new copy PM me WITH your e-mail. No e-mail, no list. Your PM will be ignored if an e-mail is not in it.

Second, if you've sent squares to people and gotten no response and they are active on the board, please PM (do NOT post in the thread) their names. The only requirement for this CAL is a thank you.

Lastly, please check the first post and list to make sure your info is correct if you are a newbie to the CAL.

Thanks everyone!

:turtle:vheart

Your ghan will be nice!!!

Second, if you've sent squares to people and gotten no response and they are active on the board, please PM (do NOT post in the thread) their names. The only requirement for this CAL is a thank you.

I'm sorry! I posted my note last week with names as sort of a "head's up" so they could expect them. I won't do it again. :blush

I made another square over the weekend. Got some pretty variegated yarn last week while I was in Hobby Lobby. I don't typically buy variegated unless it's for a specific project, but these colors were so delicious I had to have some. So some of you sweet gals who like variegated yarns, these will be for you. :yay

I have a binder that I try to keep all of my stuff in. I haven't updated it in a while though. But I do try to stay up to date on what squares I have sent and recieved. Plus I have a few patterns that I have hand written that are safe and sound. It does come in handy to have something tangible to hold and look at instead of a computer screen.

That's a great idea, too! I started a spreadsheet in Google docs to keep up with my crocheted items this year. I've never kept up with anything I've ever made, but I thought it might be fun to track it this year just to see what I do. I'd like to do some crochet for charity this year, too, and definitely would like to keep up with that as well. My sheet has the month, website/group, person I send to, and the project sent (including color, patterns, etc.).

I'm sorry! I posted my note last week with names as sort of a "head's up" so they could expect them. I won't do it again. :blush

That's fine to post that you are sending them, it's the ones that were sent with no response I want to know about. If the same name comes up over and over I will try and contact them myself. :)

Steph - your ghan will be awesome ! - its almost done !! woo hoo !!!

congratulations!!!

and crochet hugs!!

Thank you, Fiona! I can't decide if I want to stop at the 70 squares of go one row wider & have 80! :lol But, no matter what, I'm still very close to the finish line!

Thanks Mumbles17 for the square I got today, and a late thank you to momwithamotif and if I forgot you and you sent a square I'm so sorry I just left a 5 year relationship, and my ex got into my mail and I know don't what's what. I got the squares but I don't know who sent them. I got a purple heart one that I don't know who sent as well. I'm so sorry and I hope you guys understand. I can't post pics at the moment either but thank you so much! I appreciate all of them, and he's no longer around so no worries on my mail anymore... and Sue don't kill me I'm moving again... but not until June this time. =] lol

Steph - It's looking great!

Welcome Trudem!

Thanks for the heads up Sue!

I'm leaving on a short vacation tomorrow so I will be awol for a bit. I've been trying to get some squares done but every time I start one someone I know asks me to make a hat! :lol Maybe after my vacation. :) One nice thing about making all these hats is that my yarn stash is growing :clap so I have more colors to choose from!

Archived