Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Thanks to all for the comments, your work went into my work so to speak! and as for you dragonracer, it's always hard to lose a family member, be it feathered, furred or human. Our thoughts are with you and your family, and our wishes for a peaceful and pain free passing of your beloved pet.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful Katie! I see mine! ;)

I'm sorry for you dragonracer.:hug I know it's a tough time and my thoughts are with you.

Well, just got back from my trip a few hours ago. Already unpacked and settled back in but boy am I tired. I have had several requests from family to make some things and I'm going to get those knocked out of the way and then I should have plenty of time to make some squares finally. It's only been a month since I sent some out but it feels like forever ago now :lol

Beautiful Katie! I see mine! ;)

I'm sorry for you dragonracer.:hug I know it's a tough time and my thoughts are with you.

Well, just got back from my trip a few hours ago. Already unpacked and settled back in but boy am I tired. I have had several requests from family to make some things and I'm going to get those knocked out of the way and then I should have plenty of time to make some squares finally. It's only been a month since I sent some out but it feels like forever ago now :lol

Yay, glad you spotted it! I just got the new list, and there are about four I can get busy on, new names so jotted that down, and hope to get them going too, other than that, I have done the list, what I can do of it, at least, and with these four more, will be caught up again for the time being!

I sent a square out yesterday. Been trying to crochet more squares, but it seems like it's taking me forever to do anything lately..

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, dragonracer. :hug

That's my problem here the last couple of weeks too. I have an afghan, 5 hats and 2 scarves I'm trying to finish up before family descends on me in less than a month. I feel like I'm on a race to finish it all before Christmas. Plus I've been shopping for a rental, trying to keep my house clean in case anyone shows up for a viewing, and practically going insane sitting here by myself. I love that I have tons of time to crochet, but I'm on such a time crunch that I can't enjoy it.

well, i got the four done for the names that have joined that are new to me, and will get them enveloped up and mailed out early next week, that wraps up another project, so will be looking around for something else to crochet! Seems winter is almost wrapped up here, so not feeling much like yarning something warmish right now, but something will inspire me, Im sure. will post next week, when i get them all mailed!~

th_IMG_6313.jpg

FINISHED!!! I am so happy it came together so nicely and a very good snuggle blanket to use while working on my other crochet projects giving me loads of hope and inspiration!! :hug Thank you!!

th_IMG_6313.jpg

FINISHED!!! I am so happy it came together so nicely and a very good snuggle blanket to use while working on my other crochet projects giving me loads of hope and inspiration!! :hug Thank you!!

It's beautiful!

th_IMG_6313.jpg

Nice! :)

Last month mom took the dog to the vet to have her leaky eyes looked at.. Turned out to be allergies or something.. She got better.. about two weeks ago Mom and gram took the dog back to the vet to have a lump on her throat looked at that hadn't been there the month or so before. End of the week they took the dog in for a biopsy of the lump. Last friday the vet said she has cancer(I cant remember which kind it was>.<)The aggressive form.. she could live from a couple of weeks to a month or two more.. weve had her for atleast 7 years so Shes about 8 or 9. Mom n dad opted to not do any of the treatments cause they'd just make her ill and uncomfortable for a longer period of time than just letting her pass on in peace. To lose two animal's that have been in my life for such a long time. Its a much more.. sudden ending than Smokey.. I'd been expecting him to pass for a couple of years now.. but still. Were gonna do what we can with healthy foods and other things to make her happy while shes still here.

So sorry to hear this!! It's tough when our little lovies get sick and there's nothing we can do. (((HUGS))) :hug

Hi all.

Im pleased to show you my last WIP, and fifth project finished this month, this year, and as promised I wanted you all to see, as you all, sent me a lot of the sqaures in it! I hope you find yours, and if you don't, then they went in a previously debuted ghan, so have a look, hope you like how I have put this together!! Thanks to all that participated in sending me a square or two!

:hug:clap

[ATTACH]50241[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]50242[/ATTACH]

Very nice! :clap

I look forward to the day when I have enough squares to sew together for my friendship 'ghan. :)

That looks so nice! :cheer I am almost done with mine, too. I have enough squares now. I just have to edge them all and put the last two rows together. :manyheart I finally got some more black yarn to do it with. I think I will get started on it today. I also have a few more squares to mail out. :hook Here is mine, all laid out. My dog thinks I put it there for her to lay on- I barely got it on the floor, and she walked on to it and laid down. :blush Sometimes I think she is part cat. :P

th_IMG_6313.jpg

post-20-13589773035_thumb.jpg

That looks so nice! :cheer I am almost done with mine, too. I have enough squares now. I just have to edge them all and put the last two rows together. :manyheart I finally got some more black yarn to do it with. I think I will get started on it today. I also have a few more squares to mail out. :hook Here is mine, all laid out. My dog thinks I put it there for her to lay on- I barely got it on the floor, and she walked on to it and laid down. :blush Sometimes I think she is part cat. :P

:lol It looks great! I see my square there! Can't wait to see it all done!

Nice job Tina! I can't remember what the square i sent you looks like, I do so many, lol, but Im sure it's in there somewhere! Nice job laying it out, and cute puppy too!!

I mailed off four sqaures today, two went to two ladies at the same address, so I put them both in one envelope, squeezed um in, lol and hope to hear Squares Received from you four soon, enjoy!!

Many thanks to cshort to the lovely square you have sent. A lovely one to add to the collection.

Anyway, I'm back in business now gals. Arrived in the UK yesterday at Mother-dearest's. Waiting for my stash to arrive though (approx. 30th Jan) so I've already had to go out to buy a couple of balls to keep me sane. I'm making Felicia a hooded cardigan. Soon I can get back into me squares. Already found where the Post Office is so atleast I can send some.

Peoples blankets are looking lovely! :)

I wish I would have kept all the tags on, or wrote down when I got each square. :blush

I hope everyone has a great day. Out east it is already lunch time. Still morning here... I woke up late~ five minutes before I had to leave to take my high schooler to school. :eek Yikes. Lol.

Nice job Tina! I can't remember what the square i sent you looks like, I do so many, lol, but Im sure it's in there somewhere! Nice job laying it out, and cute puppy too!!

I mailed off four sqaures today, two went to two ladies at the same address, so I put them both in one envelope, squeezed um in, lol and hope to hear Squares Received from you four soon, enjoy!!

I finished it! I still have some ends to weave in. But.. I washed it last night and it's so soft now. :c9 Thank you everyone that sent me squares :hug~ I love my Friendshipghan, from all my friends at Crochetville! :manyheart

ETA: That one square on the bottom left looks out of shape; but it's because I pulled it down a little. Oops. It isn't like that in RL.. :)

post-20-135897730694_thumb.jpg

Although I have been a member at the ville for a few years I never got to do a friendship ghan. I think it is a great idea--to have all of you make squares and wrap up in a really wonderful way.:hug

I'm not sure where to post that I would like to be included (if not too late to do so).

I like any colors --prefer RHSS. 12"

If I need to do anything else --please let me know....:hook

I finished it! I still have some ends to weave in. But.. I washed it last night and it's so soft now. :c9 Thank you everyone that sent me squares :hug~ I love my Friendshipghan, from all my friends at Crochetville! :manyheart

ETA: That one square on the bottom left looks out of shape; but it's because I pulled it down a little. Oops. It isn't like that in RL.. :)

This is gorgeous!! Everyone sent beautiful squares. It's great!

Although I have been a member at the ville for a few years I never got to do a friendship ghan. I think it is a great idea--to have all of you make squares and wrap up in a really wonderful way.:hug

I'm not sure where to post that I would like to be included (if not too late to do so).

It's never too late to join.

PM TurtleLvr (Sue) with your request, mailing information, and email address. She will add you to the list. Refer to page one for other info.

It's beautiful!!!

Welcome aboard!

Archived