Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!! :yay Here is a hug for each and everyone here:hug Today i plan on doing some squares while watching movies... and just taking it all in. Here we are back at January again .... and we all can look forward to spring ( is it too soon to start thinking about spring?) summer. My DD daughter wishes everyone a Happy New year along with my son Eddie. I love you all very much and thank you all for the squares and prayers. ( hmmm I like that) and seven months til the wedding wow time flies :ghug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a brand new year, what's say we keep a log of our first and following things we make, I am going to try to keep track this year, I always start out really well, and then it fizzles, lol, but there is hope in 2012! I have a Crochet Journal now to jot thing like this in! Hope all is going well and sorta glad the holidays are over for a bit, and things can fall back into their normal daily routines, with less fluff and flutter in the air! We need to do some recruiting! Get some more members wanting granny's!!

It's a brand new year, what's say we keep a log of our first and following things we make, I am going to try to keep track this year, I always start out really well, and then it fizzles, lol, but there is hope in 2012! I have a Crochet Journal now to jot thing like this in! Hope all is going well and sorta glad the holidays are over for a bit, and things can fall back into their normal daily routines, with less fluff and flutter in the air! We need to do some recruiting! Get some more members wanting granny's!!

I like that idea! But then, I like anything that involves a journal. ;) A picture journal/scrapbook would be awesome to keep! Now you have my wheels spinning. ;)

I got some bubble envelopes today so I'll be sending out some squares soon.:yay

I started keeping a journal of my crocheting and sewing a few years ago and even did a scrap book for it one year. Now I keep it on my computer, I have a folder for the year and a page for each project. I include start and finish date, who the item is for, yarn or fabric used, pattern, washing instructions and a picture of the finished item. It's great to be able to see what I accomplish each year and comes in handy when trying to remember what yarn or pattern I used for a project.

I like the idea of a journal. I try to take pictures of everything I make, including squares for this cal, but once in a while I forget. It's also a good idea to put yarn info and hook size down too as someone mentioned. I don't think I will get any squares done until the end of the month. I've had some people request hats and scarves and I need to get them done in the next 7 days so I can take them in person when I go on my trip. Went yarn shopping last night and who doesn't love to do that! :) Happy 2012!

I hope to start making more squares again soon, too. Now that the holidays are over. :P

I usually try to take a picture of the squares I make, but I never seem to do anything more... :think I do keep a record of who I sent squares to, though. But twice now I have lost the paper I had everything written down on. :blush:lol

I mailed a bunch yesterday.......trying to start off really well!-I had extra time/yarn so made good use of it ....hhmmm now Im thinking I should have paid more attention and read the stashbusting thread first!!lol- I could have scored something!!!.....

oh well :yarn :yarn :yarn

I sent out packages this morning to Shawna McNeil, Kim Shawver, Trish Turner, and Patti Ward. Hope you like them!! :)

WOW! I feel loved :) I will keep an eye out for Mr. Mailman then.

I will have to get the list again as soon as I can get a working computer to store it on. Maybe this time I will print it out too. I hate losing everything when the computer crashes.

I keep detailed notes of all of my projects in my cell phone notepad ... which is probably a crummy idea, lol.

I have a binder that I try to keep all of my stuff in. I haven't updated it in a while though. But I do try to stay up to date on what squares I have sent and recieved. Plus I have a few patterns that I have hand written that are safe and sound. It does come in handy to have something tangible to hold and look at instead of a computer screen.

I have a binder that I try to keep all of my stuff in. I haven't updated it in a while though. But I do try to stay up to date on what squares I have sent and recieved. Plus I have a few patterns that I have hand written that are safe and sound. It does come in handy to have something tangible to hold and look at instead of a computer screen.

I need to do that. I have a binder that I keep patterns in, so I should probably start a section of my current WIPS.

I ordered my yarn ball winder today!!! Can't wait til it arrives. I also got a hairpin lace frame, and a book called Auntie Tyler's Crochet Garden. It's only for the Kindle, so I have it now (no waiting for it to arrive in the mail) It has the 12 Step Program for Yarn Addicts in it. :hook

Archived