Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi all. I have 2 squares that are 13" about (I think, I'll remeasure.) They are actually 4-6" squares flat braid joined which is why they are a bit bigger. One is red/white the other is orange, black, white if anyone wants them. Also have a few 6" solid orange grannies. Just let me know.

Sue, can I get a new list pretty please?

I'm behind on squares but hope to get caught up. ;)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ladies, I've missed you guys and I see we have new people. I am so sorry I have not been around. I have my yarn bag set up with the colors for about 6 people and my square book and unfortunately there it still sits. Everything has been crazy lately. My DH had total shoulder replacement surgery and I thought I would have time to crochet at the hospital, right? Nope, I was always doing something, calling someone. I didn't get anything done the three days we were there. Now that we are home, I do his physical therapy with him (5x a day) and the way I need to help him, puts the palm of my hand in so much pain, I can't do anything after that. My son reminded me that Christmas is in 17 days and I'm like what? Can't be, I have nothing ready. I'm afraid Christmas will be a little empty this year, but that's ok because it looks like my DH will have the use of his arm again which is all the Christmas we need. So, I'm glad to see we have so many people in the group and I still want to make sure everyone gets a square from me. It just might take a bit;).

Hello Ladies, I've missed you guys and I see we have new people. I am so sorry I have not been around. I have my yarn bag set up with the colors for about 6 people and my square book and unfortunately there it still sits. Everything has been crazy lately. My DH had total shoulder replacement surgery and I thought I would have time to crochet at the hospital, right? Nope, I was always doing something, calling someone. I didn't get anything done the three days we were there. Now that we are home, I do his physical therapy with him (5x a day) and the way I need to help him, puts the palm of my hand in so much pain, I can't do anything after that. My son reminded me that Christmas is in 17 days and I'm like what? Can't be, I have nothing ready. I'm afraid Christmas will be a little empty this year, but that's ok because it looks like my DH will have the use of his arm again which is all the Christmas we need. So, I'm glad to see we have so many people in the group and I still want to make sure everyone gets a square from me. It just might take a bit;).

:hug:hug Take care of yourself!

kuddles

Take care of yourself! :hug

Hi Pat, I've not yet met you yet, but I'm Kim. I do sympathize with you! I had ankle surgery last March and was completely dependent upon my dh for 2 weeks. Just being in an upright position would cause my ankle to swell horribly which was not fun in a cast. I was pretty much bed ridden. My dh is no house wife, and at one point he actually told me he would not cook dinner because he didn't want to dirty up any dishes. I laughed pretty hard over that one. So, I know your husband appreciates you and all you do for him. (Mine learned to really appreciate all I do after that). Take care of yourself!!

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday fighting with a granny square pattern. I just could NOT seem to get it right and after pulling parts of it out 6 or 7 times, I finally gave up on it. Rather disappointed too because I really loved the pattern. So I found a new one to try and it's just not written very clearly, though there are pictures and they help. But I realized while I was trying to figure out the last round, I forgot to put it in back loops only!

What books do you all use for patterns? I've been thinking about getting a book. Possibly with my Amazon gift cards I've been saving to buy a ball winder with. Ball winder or Pattern book? That's a hard one ....

Ball winders are a godsend DX I finally got one a few months ago and all my snotty yarns are now neatly wound up into cakes! <3 so pretty XD.. though pattern books are nice too.. You'll wanna use up them amazon gift cards soon.. I heard (cant remember when or where precisely) that they're gonna expire sooner than they used to.

Pat, praying for quick recovery for your husband. Don't wear yourself out! Take a bit of me time to relax if you can.

Hi Pat, I've not yet met you yet, but I'm Kim. I do sympathize with you! I had ankle surgery last March and was completely dependent upon my dh for 2 weeks. Just being in an upright position would cause my ankle to swell horribly which was not fun in a cast. I was pretty much bed ridden. My dh is no house wife, and at one point he actually told me he would not cook dinner because he didn't want to dirty up any dishes. I laughed pretty hard over that one. So, I know your husband appreciates you and all you do for him. (Mine learned to really appreciate all I do after that). Take care of yourself!!

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday fighting with a granny square pattern. I just could NOT seem to get it right and after pulling parts of it out 6 or 7 times, I finally gave up on it. Rather disappointed too because I really loved the pattern. So I found a new one to try and it's just not written very clearly, though there are pictures and they help. But I realized while I was trying to figure out the last round, I forgot to put it in back loops only!

What books do you all use for patterns? I've been thinking about getting a book. Possibly with my Amazon gift cards I've been saving to buy a ball winder with. Ball winder or Pattern book? That's a hard one ....

Crochet Pattern Central or Ravelry.com have a ton of free patterns. ;)

Crochet Pattern Central or Ravelry.com have a ton of free patterns. ;)

Was going to be my suggestion as well. I'm constantly going through CPC trying to find the right square for the right person. Fantastic website! :)

Just checking in, haven't gotten to the post office yet, but have a puffy ready to go! Might do it tomorrow, had errands to run today, and took a friend to a doctors appt. Soooo, now home, tired, and gonna yarn for a bit, oh I posted a pic of what I have completed in my "hand out" gifts this Christmas, check it out, it's under new threads, snowflakes, santas and trees, oh my!

:mail:manyheart:c9 Thank you Tina!!! I absolutely love the square you made! It's so pretty! I wish I could take a picture of it and post it! :( I may have Lacey do it for me when I start the arrangement of the squares :D:c9:manyheart

I hope everyone is well! :hugs for all

Thanks for the advice! I've been saving quite a few patterns to ravelry to my favorites.

My yarn that I bought off of ebay arrived today! I just bought a lot, figured it use it whenever and for what ever. Got it all for $7. Sorry it's a cell phone picture. I have no idea where my camera is. Oh, and I just spotted it!

post-54847-135897717043_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I've been saving quite a few patterns to ravelry to my favorites.

My yarn that I bought off of ebay arrived today! I just bought a lot, figured it use it whenever and for what ever. Got it all for $7. Sorry it's a cell phone picture. I have no idea where my camera is. Oh, and I just spotted it!

What a great haul!

The Snowflake Square I designed and sent out finally made it to its new home with pswarringtion! It was well received, thankfully (I always worry that recipients won't like the squares I send).

Sorry that I haven't been on lately. I've been extremely busy with school, holidays, and trying to sell the house. I look forward to a month off between Dec 16 and Jan 17. Finally! I can get through the list and give everyone a square!

Great deal! Look at all that lovely yarn! :yay

The Snowflake Square I designed and sent out finally made it to its new home with pswarringtion! It was well received, thankfully (I always worry that recipients won't like the squares I send).

Sorry that I haven't been on lately. I've been extremely busy with school, holidays, and trying to sell the house. I look forward to a month off between Dec 16 and Jan 17. Finally! I can get through the list and give everyone a square!

Your snowflake square is beautiful! I've been meaning to make it. I think we all worry about our squares when we send them out though. I know that I do. We are all so hard on ourselves. We have to remember that it's the thought that counts and they are all beautiful! :) As for being missing lately, I have too. I've lurked a lot, but haven't made many squares and I'm sorry about that. I've had my hands full getting Christmas presents done. I can't imagine selling a house this time of year! Good luck to you and give yourself a break every once in while. Do something nice just for you! :hug

someone sent me a lovely ROAK of two 12" squares will add pic later.

Can't read the name but it appears to be from Arizona :)

Thanks mucho! I'll also post on the holiday wish list, cuz I'm not sure which group its from.

Hugs, Laurel

I absolutely positively LOVED the snowflake square! It is white & pastel blue. I will get a picture up when I get my new camera for Christmas, lol.

:hug thanks again Cindy, you made my day!

Penny

Archived