Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

thank you, thank you! I'm really happy with how he turned out. My plans were to recreate his face, but I think I like him this way. The face is what I didn't like about the original creation. I may play with him and see though.

Thanks again!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is the pic of the doll hats and scarves for our imaginary Florida winter wonderland, although as cold as it is today there are people wearing hats and scarves. I really need to get some clothes made for these girls, that's the winter challenge on the sewing board. I'm also going back to Michael's this week to exchange the blonde doll, she has some black smudges under her eye that won't wipe off, I can't give a dirty doll as a gift.

post-4459-135897491982_thumb.jpg

Ok here is the pic of the doll hats and scarves for our imaginary Florida winter wonderland, although as cold as it is today there are people wearing hats and scarves. I really need to get some clothes made for these girls, that's the winter challenge on the sewing board. I'm also going back to Michael's this week to exchange the blonde doll, she has some black smudges under her eye that won't wipe off, I can't give a dirty doll as a gift.

Very nice! I love that you are making the clothes for the dolls!

cshort...Love the dolls clothes..what yarn did you use? It's looks so soft and comfy!

The yarn is Patons Be Mine, I bought it on clearance a couple of years ago to make a poncho and had just enough leftover for the hats and scarves.

Nicole - That looks beautiful! Good job! It will be nice for a boy or girl.

I saw your note about your avatar. I like Michael Buble too (and Team Canada of course ;)). I like his new "Haven't met you yet"? or something like that...it's on my MP3 player.

I am closing in on the half-way point on my chakra scarf. I had to frog a few rows this afternoon after adding a stitch :bang It is working up nicely though and I am liking it. Most of all I'm loving the idea of having a Christmas gift done in January!!! :clap

Thanks! "Haven't Met You Yet" is a good song. "Hold On" is the next single to come out (might be out already), it's really good, too. It's one of his slow one ballads.

Sorry you had to frog the scarf! :(

Nicole your sweater is very pretty.

Thanks!

Here is my finished snowman. I initially used a drawstring bag pattern but when that didn't work, I went out on my own. That was my first attempt at ever going without a pattern. It isn't a complicated pattern, just a lot of increasing and decreasing with a single crochet stitch. It's all one piece over a 2 liter bottle that was lightly covered with polyfill.

The jacket, hat, and scarf came with him as he was gifted to me (as a felt body). I intend to redo his scarf and possibly try his jacket and hat.

Great job! That is one adorable scarf!!!

Those are lovely...so soft and comfy looking.

Here is my finished snowman. I initially used a drawstring bag pattern but when that didn't work, I went out on my own. That was my first attempt at ever going without a pattern. It isn't a complicated pattern, just a lot of increasing and decreasing with a single crochet stitch. It's all one piece over a 2 liter bottle that was lightly covered with polyfill.

The jacket, hat, and scarf came with him as he was gifted to me (as a felt body). I intend to redo his scarf and possibly try his jacket and hat.

I love this snowman- Great job!!!

Nicole- love the BICO sweater- it looks great!

Cshort- love the doll hat and scarf sets and can't wait to see them all dressed!

I can't wait for a day off so I can start working on something! I'm just too tired to do anything but log on and see what everyone is up to and then I'm calling it a night!

Nicole- love the BICO sweater- it looks great!

Cshort- love the doll hat and scarf sets and can't wait to see them all dressed!

I can't wait for a day off so I can start working on something! I'm just too tired to do anything but log on and see what everyone is up to and then I'm calling it a night!

Thanks! I hope you're able to get some rest.

I think I'm going to work on a second project for January. It's only the 4th and I'm done for the month?!? That's not right. Now to think on it a bit...

Stacy- WTG on finishing that hat---and in only 2 hours- was it the one from the Crochet World issue? Can't wait to see a pic!

Elle- thanks for letting me count it! LOL. My DD wants me to make up a bunch of things and do a craft fair with her next fall- she is an artist and paints, and makes jewelry. So we'll see. This CAL is perfect for keeping me motivated. Now to just perfect my crocheting skills and all will be right with the world! LOL

Oh, by the way, I got so many compliments on the lovely shawl when I wore it to work one day last week. Thanks a bunch again!!!

Joanne, you're so very welcome again! I am thrilled that you love it (and that everyone else does, too!) that much! :manyheart

Congrats Nicole on being the newest "Bag Lady"- that tote Mary Jo made for January is awesome- love, love, love the colors!!! You must be on:c9

Thanks! I actually got Turtle's December Tote #2. It's just as gorgeous (maybe more so, but I'm partial :blush). I'm very much on cloud nine. I just keep looking it at it! :lol

Thanks! I actually got Turtle's December Tote #2. It's just as gorgeous (maybe more so, but I'm partial :blush). I'm very much on cloud nine. I just keep looking it at it! :lol

Ok, that proves it- I am really tired!!! I know that you got the lovely blue tote from Turtle! Its that there are too many blue totes this month- between Turtle and Tampa Doll, who can keep track:lol:lol:lol It was Karen that got Mary Jo's tote!

Ok, I'd better get some rest....NOW! :lol

Ok....I'd like to join this CAL. I'm pondering a couple of ideas, but when I make up my mind, I'll let y'all know!

:welcome txteach2b! We are looking forward to see what you decide on!

I think I may take a whirl at this one.. seems innocent enough :)

:welcome cris! I'm glad you are joining us!

Ok....I'd like to join this CAL. I'm pondering a couple of ideas, but when I make up my mind, I'll let y'all know!

Welcome!

Ok, that proves it- I am really tired!!! I know that you got the lovely blue tote from Turtle! Its that there are too many blue totes this month- between Turtle and Tampa Doll, who can keep track:lol:lol:lol It was Karen that got Mary Jo's tote!

Ok, I'd better get some rest....NOW! :lol

:lol There were lots of blue items this month. The tote is wonderful. It's a lot bigger than in looks in the picture, too. I can fit all sorts of things in there! :D

I think I may take a whirl at this one.. seems innocent enough :)

Welcome!

What lovely projects… and what a neat CAL idea!

Is it okay if I join in? I have a scarf already started that I would like finish in this CAL.

Umm…. But … um… its knit. Is that okay?

I bought the yarn in a lovely yarn shop in Florida over Christmas. We had taken the three young ones on a Christmas vacation to Daytona Beach. We had a wonderful time.

Temps of 60’s to high 70’s the whole two weeks we were there….. back to -14* WinterWonderland.

post-18634-135897492574_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897492592_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

What lovely projects… and what a neat CAL idea!

Is it okay if I join in? I have a scarf already started that I would like finish in this CAL.

Umm…. But … um… its knit. Is that okay?

I bought the yarn in a lovely yarn shop in Florida over Christmas. We had taken the three young ones on a Christmas vacation to Daytona Beach. We had a wonderful time.

Temps of 60’s to high 70’s the whole two weeks we were there….. back to -14* WinterWonderland.

[ATTACH]14562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14563[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Tam the scarf is beautiful! I love those colors together

Archived