Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get hopping on some more gifts!!! Can't believe almost a year has flown by!!

Beth- You did great getting those afghans done way ahead of schedule!!!

Colleen- Thanks for hosting and the songs and little stories were great.

Now ladies------Here Comes Santa Claus-----------ready, get set, hook!!!!!

:hi everyone,

I finished a gift :clap These are fingerless mitts for my sister. The pattern is from the latest Crochet Today issue. I guess I'll call these my November project, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...they are green (olive green) :shrug

post-12231-135897602387_thumb.jpg

And speaking of beginning to look a lot like Christmas, here is my pic of the first snowfall of the season. It's not much, but it certainly helped me get into the spirit.

post-12231-135897602393_thumb.jpg

Happy crocheting. I've got 2 more gifts to do. I scarf to finish and one I haven't started yet. I also want to make a couple ornaments. The crunch is on!

Love the mitts Colleen and thanks for the pic of the snow! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

I made one turn on itself potholder in Christmas varigeted yarn - want to make another so there is a pair.

Right now I'm making a neckwarmer and then want to try those mitts. Taking it easy for a few days since my shoulder has been a little sore!

Colleen, brrrrrrrrrrrr, but beautiful! Love the mitts. They are so pretty.

Joanne, the neckwarmers turned out very nicely.

I am concentrating on hats for boxing day this month. I will come up with a connection to the song after my brain clears a little more. I have post-nutcracker-itis, a common ailment in ballet moms.

OK, I made stockings for November and December (the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, and hang your stockings and say your prayers). Here they are. Just though tI would share a pic of my tree skirt as well.

post-6187-135897605345_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897605349_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897605352_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897605355_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897605358_thumb.jpg

Thank you for all of the nice compliments. Beth, the Tinkerbell and the Spiderman stockings are for 2 that are young at heart, my oldest son and his girlfriend.:lol They both have Peter Pan syndrome, but I guess I do too.:D

Thank you for all of the nice compliments. Beth, the Tinkerbell and the Spiderman stockings are for 2 that are young at heart, my oldest son and his girlfriend.:lol They both have Peter Pan syndrome, but I guess I do too.:D
:rofl I love it!!! I have severe Peter Pan syndrome, personally. My kids try to keep me in check, since they are all teens.

Lynn - I love your treats! That's the kind of treat I need this year (having trouble staying out of the Christmas baking...and yesterday I discovered holiday M&Ms in Mint...oh dear :rofl). At any way, great work and those will make beautiful decorations!

Lynn - I love your treats! That's the kind of treat I need this year (having trouble staying out of the Christmas baking...and yesterday I discovered holiday M&Ms in Mint...oh dear :rofl). At any way, great work and those will make beautiful decorations!

I was gifted Dark chocolate M&M's- OMG they are sooooo good- I split the bag and sent 1/2 home with DD last weekend. Otherwise, I would have eaten the entire bag (the big bag!):lol

I was gifted Dark chocolate M&M's- OMG they are sooooo good- I split the bag and sent 1/2 home with DD last weekend. Otherwise, I would have eaten the entire bag (the big bag!):lol

Yep :yes I gave my almost finished bag to DH and told him to "get rid of them" before I made myself sick :lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have my December project! I made santa slippers from my son. He's got the greatest sense of humor. He loves them -- he's wearing them now, actually. I have a new camera, and it's not as easy to transfer pics as the old one, so I will post eventually.

Colleen, Thank you so much for hosting this, and coming up with such awesome songs to play with. Will we be doing this again next year? It has been a great inspiration to get things done in a timely manner, rather than waiting until November to start Christmas projects, and it's been SO much fun, trying to come up with an idea that matches the song.

I did finish 5 scarves for co-workers, 3 scarves (one for each DD), fingerless mitts, 2 hats and a flannel'ghan for my DD's BF. I am now making a scarf for ME (almost done) and a pair of matching fingerless mitts. I didn't get pics of all the scarves- I was too busy trying to get them all done!

Had lots of fun with this CAL this year. Merry Christmas to all and A very Happy 2011!!!!!

Thanks Beth and Joanne, I'm glad you had fun. I did too. I would love to see it done again next year, but I think I'll pass on hosting it. I'm not crocheting as much these days and feel guilty not making a project for each month. I would be happy to help in any way I can and I'd love be a cheerleader in a carry-on CAL! :cheer

Archived