Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Wow, everything is great! I love the snowflake garland, the scarf colors are awesome, and what can I say about the toe coasters~ that is a great idea! You go girls!:cheer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks!!!

I really was worried about posting it... it just seemed "odd" to have toes on a coaster LOL If anyone is interested, I can post the pattern. This is also the FIRST time I've actually written down what I was doing AND verified it by doing another *laughs*

I would love the pattern- That is sweet of you to offer to post it.

Making progress on the scarf. I love the yarn (Cascade Merino 220 superwash)-it glides through my hook. The pattern is so easy and mindless (mindless is what I need after my brain has been overworked at work:lol)

Cris- :manyheart thanks for sharing your pattern and congrats on your new blog- I have become a follower and can't wait to see what else that creative mind of yours comes up with!!! I've got to make these coasters- what a neat gift idea!

I'm about a 1/4 way done with the border of the scarf. Should be able to finish it tonight after work---that is, if I get home at a decent hour!:lol

Now that Christmas break is over and I'm back at work I don't have as much time to crochet or visit the Ville, but I'm trying to keep up with things.

The snowflake garland looks very pretty.

Coaster with toes???? Might have to check that out.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks for sharing the link to your pattern, Cris! :clap Not to get off the winter wonderland theme, but I'm thinking those would be fun in summery colours in cotton for the patio :dreaming

I do think the toe coasters will work better in multi colored yarn OR dark colors. The spoon drippings will probably stain so you'de want something that would hide staining well..... BUT I really am glad folks liked them. The further I got into the weirder and weirder I thought you guys would think I was :P

I LOOOOOOVE those red sweaters! My DD would go ape over them!

All the other projects are SO cool!!!!

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my garland ladies. I'm up to 9 flakes done. I'm attaching them "as you go" style.

I love the snowflake garland! Those colors are awesome together. What type of yarn is it? What is that blue called?

It's #10 crochet cotton, but I've lost the wrap so I don't know the name for sure. I think it's delft blue by Aunt Lydia.

OK - So here is how the thought process went down...

The song made me think of footprints in the snow which directly took me to thoughts of the poem "Footprints." I originally wanted to do a bookmark with footprints going up it but I do not have the right thread right now..... SO.. as I sat and thought about it, I came up with Toe Coasters!

Yes, indeed, Toe Coasters (I think) are a 100% original pattern because its a 100% original idea

The idea is that it is a coaster for your cup (coffee, tea, cocoa... whatever your pleasure) and the toes are a rest for your spoon. The big toe holds the spoon and sops up any of those annoying little drips that end up pooling under the spoon. It also serves as a holder for your spoon to keep it clean - When I go out to eat I have to make sure my utensils do not touch the table (germaphobe thing).... this is a special little spot just for the spoon.

I ask you to be 100% honest even if it means saying "Wow, Cris... that is the dumbest idea ever." I can handle it.

I used Red Heart Lt Blue worsted weight medium yarn.

So... I bring you.... Toe Coasters!

I think this is a great idea. And they turned out adorable.:yay Thanks for the pattern.

I finished the "Happy Hooker" One skein scarf -the picture is a little dark- it is a pretty deep green- This will be going to my DD. I had to fold the scarf to tke the picture as this one comes out pretty long

I want to make a hat and fingerless mitts to match- still plenty of the yarn left!

post-27163-135897493304_thumb.jpg

Hi I'm new here and not sure how to find Attic 24s blog. Can you direct me? Also, how big are your finished flakes? I love the idea!

Michelle

Now I think I'm doing this wrong. I was trying to reply to the snowflake garland post!

Okay.............. I'm done............ :yay

I still have plenty of month left to make something else for this song too. :hook

lalalalalaa.....When it snows, ain't it thrilling,

Though your nose gets a chilling

We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Walking in a winter wonderland......lalalalalalaaaa

post-18634-135897493324_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

I finished the "Happy Hooker" One skein scarf -the picture is a little dark- it is a pretty deep green- This will be going to my DD. I had to fold the scarf to tke the picture as this one comes out pretty long

I want to make a hat and fingerless mitts to match- still plenty of the yarn left!

Beautiful Joanne! I made that scarf for my sister once. She'll love it!

i just wanted to share my finished project

can't wait for next month:yay

Oh he is so cute, I love him! I have to go back through the posts to see if you said where you got that pattern. :think I love the little hat and scarf! There have been so many beautiful projects posted already! I can't wait for next month either!!! :yay

How long would you guys make a garland?

I guess it depends on what you want it for. Is it for the tree? If so, then decide how much you want to cover. If it is for a mantle or something, then you could measure. I think it is totally up to you! It is going to be beautiful!

Okay.............. I'm done............ :yay

I still have plenty of month left to make something else for this song too. :hook

lalalalalaa.....When it snows, ain't it thrilling,

Though your nose gets a chilling

We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Walking in a winter wonderland......lalalalalalaaaa

[ATTACH]14678[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Tam, that is a beautiful scarf! Thanks for putting the song back in my head. It's a nice one. :manyheart

I have to go back through the posts to see if you said where you got that pattern. :think

Found the pattern :D A good scraps project. Oh dear, did I just add another one to my list? :blush Lately I have the worst case of crochet ADD :ohdear

Archived