Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long would you guys make a garland?

I made the garland last year with #10 thread and a 1.9 mm hook. 32 flakes made it 60 inches long. When I took it off the tree yesterday, I decided it needed to be about twice as long next year to go around the tree instead of back and forth across the front.

I saw a candy garland that I wanted to take and modify (I didn't like the overall outcome of the pattern I saw). Not sure I have the patience for a snowflake garland to be long enough to wrap around the entire tree ... I'd be bald before the garland wrapped around the tree once LOL

I finished the "Happy Hooker" One skein scarf -the picture is a little dark- it is a pretty deep green- This will be going to my DD. I had to fold the scarf to tke the picture as this one comes out pretty long

I want to make a hat and fingerless mitts to match- still plenty of the yarn left!

So pretty. Can't wait to see the matching hat & mitts.

i just wanted to share my finished project

can't wait for next month:yay

Oh he's to cute.

Okay.............. I'm done............ :yay

I still have plenty of month left to make something else for this song too. :hook

lalalalalaa.....When it snows, ain't it thrilling,

Though your nose gets a chilling

We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Walking in a winter wonderland......lalalalalalaaaa

[ATTACH]14678[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Lovely scarf. Can't wait to see what else you make.

How long would you guys make a garland?

I made the garland last year with #10 thread and a 1.9 mm hook. 32 flakes made it 60 inches long. When I took it off the tree yesterday, I decided it needed to be about twice as long next year to go around the tree instead of back and forth across the front.

I was thinking of making mine 60 flakes which would be about 90". Here's the tree I'm thinking of using it on. It's a hibiscus plant in my dining room.

post-31726-135897493352_thumb.jpg

post-31726-135897493358_thumb.jpg

I finished the "Happy Hooker" One skein scarf -the picture is a little dark- it is a pretty deep green- This will be going to my DD. I had to fold the scarf to tke the picture as this one comes out pretty long

I want to make a hat and fingerless mitts to match- still plenty of the yarn left!

Your scarf is beautiful, it's such a rich color. I'm sure your DD will love it.

i just wanted to share my finished project

can't wait for next month:yay

Your snowman is adorable!

Okay.............. I'm done............ :yay

I still have plenty of month left to make something else for this song too. :hook

lalalalalaa.....When it snows, ain't it thrilling,

Though your nose gets a chilling

We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Walking in a winter wonderland......lalalalalalaaaa

[ATTACH]14678[/ATTACH]

Your scarf looks very warm and comfy. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with this CAL.

Thanks so much everyone for the compliments!

I had a lot of fun making my scarf!

I’m looking at using the rest of this month to put together a couple of afghans. They are going to made up of 12 / 12” squares. J

Tam and Joanne- beautiful scarves!! :clap

Shellb37- I love that snowman!! Especially his hat and scarf. Too cute. :manyheart

Here is the hat I made:

The pattern is in this month's issue of Crochet Today.

post-22280-135897493976_thumb.jpg

Tam and Joanne- beautiful scarves!! :clap

Shellb37- I love that snowman!! Especially his hat and scarf. Too cute. :manyheart

Here is the hat I made:

The pattern is in this month's issue of Crochet Today.

That hat is adorable!!

Shelley - I like how you decorate your tree. The garland will look nice and I'd just drape it around the tree now and then until it is the right length.

Stacy - I LOVE that hat! It looks great and I love the colours you chose.

I am working away on my scarf tonight and I've got about 60 rows to go. :( Please cheer me on. I'm starting to lose interest :blush. I just have to keep thinking about how I will have a gift done 11 months early :clap I might even wrap it when it's done :heehee

Shelley - I like how you decorate your tree. The garland will look nice and I'd just drape it around the tree now and then until it is the right length.

I am working away on my scarf tonight and I've got about 60 rows to go. :( Please cheer me on. I'm starting to lose interest :blush. I just have to keep thinking about how I will have a gift done 11 months early :clap I might even wrap it when it's done :heehee

You can do it Colleen :cheer

Though I know what you mean, I am having problems finishing my own personal scarf as I just dont want to work on it anymore :(

Thanks, everyone! I like it a lot, too, but it is too big for my head. :( Maybe I will keep it to use as a gift, also.

You can do it, Colleen!!! :cheer:cheer What a great idea to wrap it! Just make sure to put a note on it that says what is inside. :heehee

You can do it Colleen :cheer

Though I know what you mean, I am having problems finishing my own personal scarf as I just dont want to work on it anymore :(

We can do it Michelle! :cheer:cheer:cheer

What a great idea to wrap it! Just make sure to put a note on it that says what is inside. :heehee

Oh, I will Stacy. I'm thinking if I wrap and tag everything as I complete it it will be that much easier next Christmas. I even bought some wrapping paper on clearance this week. :D

You can do it Colleen and Makeene! :cheer:clap:cheerI know what you mean! That's why we end up with WIP's- we get bored and want to try something new. Cheering you on!!! Love the idea of wrapping and tagging as you go!:yes

Stacy- I love your hat. Sorry it is too big! That happens when I make hats sometimes too- they end up too big. What adjustments would you make do you think to make it smaller? I have that issue of Crochet Today and really like that hat!

Archived