Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you ... Thank you .... Thank you!

you are all so sweet!

I've been working on yo-yo's today........ I need to make ALOT if I want to make an afghan with them............. :hook

:heart

:mug

Tam,

I have some miniature bell ornaments that DH absolute hated by themselves and when I put the first one in the snowball to make my "snowbell" he decided that he loves them used that way :yes

:yay How awesome... your work is getting rave reviews all around!

I do like the bells inside... they are super cute! So you are making them for a swap and then gifts? those would be good with the tags on gifts too......... :hook

:lol We had a 5th birthday party here today, Jenn, and we have more balloons than I know what to do with. Want me to send you some? :rofl Princess or plain?

Tam - I love the look of yo-yos, but I can't imagine ever having enough for a 'ghan. I've got a little saltines collection that may someday become a baby blanket (more likely a doll blanket). Best of luck with it!

I love those snowbells too. Such a cute idea!

Michelle's Snowbells are Swell.... Sorry, the rhyming carried me away.

Tam, good for you with the yo-yo afghan. It sounds like it could be so pretty, but so much work! I dislike sewing things. I hope you will post pics when you get one done!

Jenn, good luck hunting for balloons. It may be hard to find them this time of year in the size you are looking for. It would be MEAN to get someone wet about now -- possibly dangerous! Brrrrrrrrrr.

Tam, good for you with the yo-yo afghan. It sounds like it could be so pretty, but so much work! I dislike sewing things. I hope you will post pics when you get one done!quote]

Oh... you bet... I'll post a few as I go along.

I plan on turning yo-yo's into a 12" square... then putting the squares together into an afghan. :hook

I just found water balloons in the party aisle at Wal-mart! They were in the shapes of grenades, though...and we live in southern CA, so that might have something to do with it. :wink It's not really a big deal to get wet in this weather. LoL

Question: When whipstitching two squares together, what do you do if they don't have the same amount of stitches? One of my squares has 63 stitches, and the other one has 67 stitches. Help! Please!

BTW, I love everyone's projects! They are all so amazing!

I know I already posted these in the Toys Forum, but since I mentioned them here first as being projects that I am making to use for my gifts next year, I figured I'd post them here as well so they're part of the record of this year-long Christmas thread.

post-10342-13589749464_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897494644_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897494647_thumb.jpg

post-10342-13589749465_thumb.jpg

Question: When whipstitching two squares together, what do you do if they don't have the same amount of stitches? One of my squares has 63 stitches, and the other one has 67 stitches. Help! Please!

BTW, I love everyone's projects! They are all so amazing!

I just *ease* my squares together. Skipping some stitches on one square if needed. Match the corners and ease the stitches in between. :D

Thanks all :hug

Tam, Yes I'm doing an ornament swap with some gals from http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/index.php and then I am doing sets of 4 ornaments for each song as a birthday gift for our oldest niece who's moving out on her own this year.

VERY Cool!

Wow..... your niece will have one great selection of ornaments when you get done!

I know I already posted these in the Toys Forum, but since I mentioned them here first as being projects that I am making to use for my gifts next year, I figured I'd post them here as well so they're part of the record of this year-long Christmas thread.

Okay.......... can we say CUTE! Love them! you do really good work!

I'm working on this years Christmas gifts too already. I am not letting myself get down to the last couple months and then go crazy trying to get things done. Joining this thread will help me do that!

Archived