Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Tam- Thank you so much for the advice!:hug Now maybe I can finally finish this darn pillowcase!

Elle- They are too cute!! Great job!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tam- Thank you so much for the advice!:hug Now maybe I can finally finish this darn pillowcase!

Elle- They are too cute!! Great job!

aww... no problem hon! :hug

cant wait to see pics of it!!!

:heart

:mug

I bought camo water balloons at a Walgreens in Michigan in the summertime for my nephews. Maybe it is just the wrong time of year, Jenn :shrug

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. And since these ornaments are for next christmas I have plenty of time.

thanks for the info ladies.

thought i'd post an update on the "hello to a new bird" flamingo ghan i am doing for this. the upper part is done except for the pink row down the side on the right. i have part of the legs done, the bottom pink row, the remainder of the left pink, the last row of black (it goes straight across), and some single black squares. I haven't had time or gumption to really work on it the past wk. :( maybe more this week.

post-5657-135897494987_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897494992_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897494997_thumb.jpg

post-5657-1358974950_thumb.jpg

Elle - Those are so cute!!

Eyrth - The flamingo is looking great so far!

I'm just working on a few surprises right now for some folks since I finished the BICO earlier this month. Ready to get started on Feb. :hook

I was singing a little Walking in a Winter Wonderland while driving on snowy, slushy roads today and I thought of you all! I hope you all had a great day!

Eyrth - That flamingo 'ghan is coming together nicely! It is going to look great. I love the pink and black together.

Nicole - 20 days till Feb. (I'll post the song a few days early ;)...). Enjoy working on your surprises. Sounds fun!

:clap:clap:clap I finished my Chakra "...sings a love song" scarf! Here are some pics! This is my mom's Christmas present. My DH says I might as well give it to her now :ohdear That's not the point!!! I'm getting ready for Christmas next year! Men! :lol

post-12231-135897495015_thumb.jpg

post-12231-135897495302_thumb.jpg

I just realized the first pic is from the back of the scarf (she's the musical one, I'm not). By the way, I think this pattern worked in thread would make a lovely piano scarf if anyone has a musical friend.

Eryth- love how that flamingo ghan is coming along! I love black and pink together.

Colleen- your Chakra scarf is so pretty! i may have to try one of these- I also love the Chakra purse!

Have a great day everyone!

thought i'd post an update on the "hello to a new bird" flamingo ghan i am doing for this. the upper part is done except for the pink row down the side on the right. i have part of the legs done, the bottom pink row, the remainder of the left pink, the last row of black (it goes straight across), and some single black squares. I haven't had time or gumption to really work on it the past wk. :( maybe more this week.

Oh... that is coming along GREAT!

How fun!!!!

I was singing a little Walking in a Winter Wonderland while driving on snowy, slushy roads today and I thought of you all! I hope you all had a great day!

Eyrth - That flamingo 'ghan is coming together nicely! It is going to look great. I love the pink and black together.

Nicole - 20 days till Feb. (I'll post the song a few days early ;)...). Enjoy working on your surprises. Sounds fun!

:clap:clap:clap I finished my Chakra "...sings a love song" scarf! Here are some pics! This is my mom's Christmas present. My DH says I might as well give it to her now :ohdear That's not the point!!! I'm getting ready for Christmas next year! Men! :lol

[ATTACH]14956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14957[/ATTACH]

I just realized the first pic is from the back of the scarf (she's the musical one, I'm not). By the way, I think this pattern worked in thread would make a lovely piano scarf if anyone has a musical friend.

Wow........... that scarf is amazing!!!

Love it! GREAT job!'

Posting this to commit myself to finish it:

I am making a cardinal ami- the 'new bird'. Cardinals are the new birds we see here in the winter. I still have to do the wings and the face. Trying to get a couple dog sweaters finished and mailed first, but I intend to finish it before the month is up!

I'm so far behind on comments on this thread.

I made a snowflake garland out of sportweight yarn and my goal was to use up the skein. It ended up being 9 feet long, which sounds like a lot but really isn't.

I'm using #10 thread so this could take awhile. LOL

Here is the hat I made:

The pattern is in this month's issue of Crochet Today.

Just adorable. Love the colors.

Shelley - I like how you decorate your tree. The garland will look nice and I'd just drape it around the tree now and then until it is the right length.

Thank you. That's a good idea.

Okay......... the tan comfortghan is done!

Now onto something else.................. :think

Maybe another afghan? Maybe a tote bag.... for carrying things while walking in this winter wonderland.... heheheheee :D

[ATTACH]14810[/ATTACH]

It's just gorgeous.

Jenn your snowballs are coming along great. Hope you find balloons soon.

I know I already posted these in the Toys Forum, but since I mentioned them here first as being projects that I am making to use for my gifts next year, I figured I'd post them here as well so they're part of the record of this year-long Christmas thread.

So adorable. I really love the mousie.:D

Love this. It's gonna look so cool when it's done.

[ATTACH]14956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14957[/ATTACH]

Very pretty. I'm sure she'll love it.

I'm up to 16 snowflakes on my garland. Yay!

Thank you all for the kind words on my scarf. It feels so great to have a gift ready for next Christmas. I am hoping to add many more before then.

WTG on the garland CrochetedSass

Jennawing - Can't wait to see the cardinal! Cardinals are so pretty!

The flamingo is looking great!

I absolutely love the chakra scarf. First I was wondering what chakra means, then I was wondering if the notes actually play something. I'm not very musical myself, but my son taught himself how to play the guitar, both electric and acoustic, the piano and the ukulele.

I can't wait to see the cardinal. I love watching them in the backyard. Is there a pattern available or are you designing it yourself?

I absolutely love the chakra scarf. First I was wondering what chakra means, then I was wondering if the notes actually play something. I'm not very musical myself, but my son taught himself how to play the guitar, both electric and acoustic, the piano and the ukulele.

Tralee, I'm not totally sure what Chakra means. That is the name of the pattern: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra_scarf/chakra_scarf_1.html I wondered the entire time I was making it if the notes actually play something too :lol I can't ask my mom until next Christmas :rofl That is fantastic that your son taught himself to play music. Good for him!

Colleen, your scarf is just beautiful!! :manyheart Now I'm dying to see a full-length photo, to see if the notes actually do play something. :lol

Erythmother- your afghan is so cool! How fun!

I finished my DD's hat to go along with a "Boston Bruin's" scarf (gold and yellow) This is a belated 2009 Christmas gift and fits in with the Winter Wonderland-I'll be doing a lot of walking in a Winter Wonderland when I go to Boston to visit her this weekend!

Everyone's projects are so nice- can't wait to see what February brings!!

Colleen, your scarf is just beautiful!! :manyheart Now I'm dying to see a full-length photo, to see if the notes actually do play something. :lol

Erythmother- your afghan is so cool! How fun!

Stacy, the filet chart shows the notes if you download the pattern. Perhaps someone can enlighten us.

Joanne - WTG on finishing a hat and scarf! Enjoy walking in a Bostonian Winter Wonderland!

Archived