Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

What lovely projects… and what a neat CAL idea!

Is it okay if I join in? I have a scarf already started that I would like finish in this CAL.

Umm…. But … um… its knit. Is that okay?

I bought the yarn in a lovely yarn shop in Florida over Christmas. We had taken the three young ones on a Christmas vacation to Daytona Beach. We had a wonderful time.

Temps of 60’s to high 70’s the whole two weeks we were there….. back to -14* WinterWonderland.

[ATTACH]14562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14563[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Very nice colors

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tam the scarf is beautiful! I love those colors together

Very nice colors

Aww… thanks you two!!!

I appreciate the compliments!!!

Thank you both for your lovely compliments!

Thank you for letting me play along!

I’m about half done with this scarf! I really like how its coming out!

Gosh… if I get this done soon… I may be able to start another project for WinterWonderland! J

Wow you are all cruisen' along on this cal. I decided to make a snowflake garland. I am using the pattern from Attic24's blog. I've done 6 so far. Pretty & easy to follow directions.

post-31726-135897492681_thumb.jpg

Wow you are all cruisen' along on this cal. I decided to make a snowflake garland. I am using the pattern from Attic24's blog. I've done 6 so far. Pretty & easy to follow directions.

Oh……….. isn’t that neat!

Cant wait to see it finished!

What a pretty garland! And that scarf is just beautiful. :manyheart So much creativity in this CAL.

I've finished my snowy day hat, will take pics once the camera battery is charged. Now I'm going to work on some snowflakes for my snowflake afghan- if I can remember which hook I used for it. :think

Wonderful seeing some of these great winter wonderland projects!

Agreed!

Ok - I think I need to re-think my January item..... UGH. If I get brave enough, I'll post it *chuckles*

think... coaster with toes LOL

You've got me intrigued now...post it! post it! :hyper

Do you know its impossible to find balloons in Delaware in the winter? Argh.

Beautiful projects ladies!

Jenn, did you look in the birthday party section at the dollar store?

Wow- more and more Carolers joining in! How fun!

Tam- I love that color combo- and can't wait to see the finished scarf! Glad you had fun in the sun!

CrochetedSass- that garland is really neat. Love the color combo!

Now I'd better start working on something for this CAL-:lol

OK - So here is how the thought process went down...

The song made me think of footprints in the snow which directly took me to thoughts of the poem "Footprints." I originally wanted to do a bookmark with footprints going up it but I do not have the right thread right now..... SO.. as I sat and thought about it, I came up with Toe Coasters!

Yes, indeed, Toe Coasters (I think) are a 100% original pattern because its a 100% original idea :)

The idea is that it is a coaster for your cup (coffee, tea, cocoa... whatever your pleasure) and the toes are a rest for your spoon. The big toe holds the spoon and sops up any of those annoying little drips that end up pooling under the spoon. It also serves as a holder for your spoon to keep it clean - When I go out to eat I have to make sure my utensils do not touch the table (germaphobe thing).... this is a special little spot just for the spoon.

I ask you to be 100% honest even if it means saying "Wow, Cris... that is the dumbest idea ever." I can handle it.

I used Red Heart Lt Blue worsted weight medium yarn.

So... I bring you.... Toe Coasters!

post-35032-135897492774_thumb.jpg

post-35032-135897492775_thumb.jpg

post-35032-135897492777_thumb.jpg

What lovely projects… and what a neat CAL idea!

Is it okay if I join in? I have a scarf already started that I would like finish in this CAL.

Umm…. But … um… its knit. Is that okay?

I bought the yarn in a lovely yarn shop in Florida over Christmas. We had taken the three young ones on a Christmas vacation to Daytona Beach. We had a wonderful time.

Temps of 60’s to high 70’s the whole two weeks we were there….. back to -14* WinterWonderland.

[ATTACH]14562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14563[/ATTACH]

Of course, we'd love to have you! I love that scarf. Did I mention that green and purple is my favorite color?!?!? :D

That's very pretty!

Do you know its impossible to find balloons in Delaware in the winter? Argh.

Beautiful projects ladies!

I did not know that, but now I wonder how hard it is to find balloons in Indiana during winter...

The song made me think of footprints in the snow which directly took me to thoughts of the poem "Footprints." I originally wanted to do a bookmark with footprints going up it but I do not have the right thread right now..... SO.. as I sat and thought about it, I came up with Toe Coasters!

Yes, indeed, Toe Coasters (I think) are a 100% original pattern because its a 100% original idea :)

The idea is that it is a coaster for your cup (coffee, tea, cocoa... whatever your pleasure) and the toes are a rest for your spoon. The big toe holds the spoon and sops up any of those annoying little drips that end up pooling under the spoon. It also serves as a holder for your spoon to keep it clean - When I go out to eat I have to make sure my utensils do not touch the table (germaphobe thing).... this is a special little spot just for the spoon.

I ask you to be 100% honest even if it means saying "Wow, Cris... that is the dumbest idea ever." I can handle it.

Oh my goodness! Those are terribly cute and creative!!

I absolutely love those "toe coasters" :yes You are very creative indeed Cris! They are just too cute!!!

I'm making the happy hooker one skein scarf that will be coming with me to Boston to give to my DD as her belated 2009 Christmas gift or early 2010 Christmas gift. I'm going to use the yarn she picked out last time I visited her. Hope this counts since I'll be giving it away b/4 next Christmas!!:lol

Wow- more and more Carolers joining in! How fun!

Tam- I love that color combo- and can't wait to see the finished scarf! Glad you had fun in the sun!

Now I'd better start working on something for this CAL-:lol

Thanks so much dear!!!

OK -

Okay……… 100% honest………. Those are the cutest darn things!

How creative! LOVE THEM…and the idea!!!

Of course, we'd love to have you! I love that scarf. Did I mention that green and purple is my favorite color?!?!? :D

Thanks Nicole… favorite color ……. Huh? J

Oh Cris those are adorable!!

Cris, that is so cute! That would make so cheery to set my coffee cup and spoon on one of those coasters! I love it!!!!

Joanne - I've made that one skein scarf pattern and it is lots of fun! Enjoy!

Thanks!!!

I really was worried about posting it... it just seemed "odd" to have toes on a coaster LOL If anyone is interested, I can post the pattern. This is also the FIRST time I've actually written down what I was doing AND verified it by doing another *laughs*

Archived