Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Good morning to all the Carolers!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Looks like we may be getting some of the white stuff here in Boston- so I'll be humming walking in a winter wonderland once again!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi............ just poppin' in to say HI to everyone.

Last week I spent alot of time at my moms .... so wasnt on here as much... and the weekends are usually pretty busy for us with the boys in sports ... church and such!

How is everyone doing?

still singing along? I need to border the purple 'ghan I'm working on and it will be another project done for this months Carol! :yay

:heart

:mug

Good morning to all the Carolers!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Looks like we may be getting some of the white stuff here in Boston- so I'll be humming walking in a winter wonderland once again!

I just talked to my sister in central mass and she is already getting snow! lol

*Smiles in 64 degree texas*

:hi everyone! Still singing along here. :D Enjoyed a beautiful afternoon outdoors at a nature center with a winter bonfire. I was conspiring and dreaming by the fire ...and helping 8 five year olds roast hot dogs and marshmallows ;). Truly a winter wonderland. :c9 We are sitting just above freezing here and -- odd for January here -- we now have fog!

My mind has been working overtime on what other types of Christmas gifts I can make throughout the year, but right now I have a baby shower on my mind. Gender of the baby is unknown, which I totally respect but it makes it hard to crochet something. :think

:hi everyone! Still singing along here. :D Enjoyed a beautiful afternoon outdoors at a nature center with a winter bonfire. I was conspiring and dreaming by the fire ...and helping 8 five year olds roast hot dogs and marshmallows ;). Truly a winter wonderland. :c9 We are sitting just above freezing here and -- odd for January here -- we now have fog!

My mind has been working overtime on what other types of Christmas gifts I can make throughout the year, but right now I have a baby shower on my mind. Gender of the baby is unknown, which I totally respect but it makes it hard to crochet something. :think

Hi Colleen, My mind is on baby gifts too. I just finished a round ripple for my grandson due in March and now I'm working on a granny square afghan for a baby girl due in April. But I'm still singing Christmas songs and looking forward to the next song.

Hi Colleen, My mind is on baby gifts too. I just finished a round ripple for my grandson due in March and now I'm working on a granny square afghan for a baby girl due in April. But I'm still singing Christmas songs and looking forward to the next song.

How exciting, a grandson due in March! Glad to hear you are singing along. I'm looking forward to the next song too!

Snowing in Boston- a wet snow- so Winter Wonderland is running through my mind- yes, even at this early hour!

I made DD another hat yesterday- pattern she picked out (Sedona from Yarncat site)- and today I'm making her fingerless gloves to go with it.

....in the lane....snow is glistening......

Just checking out everyone's projects and I finally took a picture of my little bluebird, I didn't make the other one because I didn't like the comb that went on top of the head But the pattern is from one of my Crochet Today mags.

I love your bluebird! What a great way to fit the theme of the song!

Kath- that is a gorgeous afghan! I love brown and blue together! What a great job you did on it and it looks warm and cozy (which would go good right about now with the winterland in Boston!)

Good for you working on an afghan in 70 degree temps!!!

Here is my Winter Wonderland project, finished it today...

It wasnt very wintery at 70degrees though!!

That is just beautiful!!!! WoW!!!

I love the colors!

This just lovely Kath.

I haven't worked on my garland in days. I have to many projects going at once.:eek LOL

This is Snowflake, a Winter Wonderland tiny teddy bear.

So cute!

Just checking out everyone's projects and I finally took a picture of my little bluebird, I didn't make the other one because I didn't like the comb that went on top of the head But the pattern is from one of my Crochet Today mags.

Great job! That’s one cute little bird. :yes

We are at the halfway point for January and time for a little more inspiration. Here is a pic of a "Parson Brown" that my 5 yo and I made yesterday. Have a great day everyone!

[ATTACH]15262[/ATTACH]

You both did a good job making Parson Brown. I’m terrible at making snow people!

I finished another scarf this morning (this one is for me to go with my navy hat I made the other day). Of course, now that i'm prepared for Boston weather, it is going to be 45 degrees today!

Way to go on finishing!!

CrochetedSass, the steering wheel does slip a tiny bit. It probably wouldn't if it were a row or two shorter, so it would be pulled tighter to fit. I love it, though. My middle son is the only one who complains about slipping. He's a very new driver, so he needs something to blame for his lack of skills!

I think making it a tad shorter would work. I made an entrelac steering wheel cover and it doesn’t move at all.

............ just poppin' in to say HI to everyone.

Last week I spent alot of time at my moms .... so wasnt on here as much... and the weekends are usually pretty busy for us with the boys in sports ... church and such!

How is everyone doing?

still singing along? I need to border the purple 'ghan I'm working on and it will be another project done for this months Carol!

You’re so dedicated!

It’s beautiful!

Howdy all…sorry I’ve been missing. :blush I’m just waiting on next month’s carol so I can decide on a project. :cheer

quietheart, it's :drool BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice colors, and I love the pattern!

Thanks! I wasnt sure of the colors, they were left over from another Ghan I made that my sister had picked. But they really look lovely together.

The pattern is amazing. I am not an afghan person, I get bored in about 10 minutes lol This pattern is great and goes fast because it changes pattern every row.

Kath - That is a beautiful afghan! I love the colours! Looks cozy!

Thanks! It is yummy cozy!

Kath- that is a gorgeous afghan! I love brown and blue together! What a great job you did on it and it looks warm and cozy (which would go good right about now with the winterland in Boston!)

Good for you working on an afghan in 70 degree temps!!!

LOL it's going up to Worcester where my sister lives.

That is just beautiful!!!! WoW!!!

I love the colors!

Thanks!

Kath, your afghan is beautiful, I love the color combination.
quietheart~your afghan is gorgeous! Wonderful color choices.:manyheart
I love the pattern and the colors.

Wow seems these color choice is popular *Giggle* My sister has good taste, better than I!

This just lovely Kath.

I haven't worked on my garland in days. I have to many projects going at once.:eek LOL

LOL I really try to avoid the "too many at once" trap, but Im not always sucessful.

Okay.......... done.

The more I look at this afghan... the more I think I will add a flower or something in one of the corners. hmmmm.....?

Anyway........... on to another 'ghan. :D

post-18634-135897497775_thumb.jpg

Nicole - I'm thinking of announcing the February song on the 25th. I figured that would be a fitting day. So you can mark it on your calendar ;)

Kath - I find other people always have a better way with picking colours that I do. It would be hard to admit a sister does :lol

Tam - Another beautiful afghan :drool You sure do make those quickly! I love how the variegated border worked out. Very nice!

Okay.......... done.

The more I look at this afghan... the more I think I will add a flower or something in one of the corners. hmmmm.....?

Anyway........... on to another 'ghan. :D

[ATTACH]15454[/ATTACH]

Oh I absolutely love that!! Looks so yummy and warm!

Archived