Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Okay.......... done.

The more I look at this afghan... the more I think I will add a flower or something in one of the corners. hmmmm.....?

Anyway........... on to another 'ghan. :D

[ATTACH]15454[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Tam, I LOVE those squares! They're so nice and solid! That's the only thing I have against granny square afghans - the holes. These squares look like they would make such a nice, warm, SOLID afghan!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy, I don't have any idea WHAT to make to go along with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer or the Little Drummer Boy! Tough month! :lol

I'm working on my Vanna's Choice contest afghan tonight. Only one more week before I have to email them the pic of it to enter the contest, so that takes priority right now, especially since it cost me $67 for the yarn (shipping included, but still!) :eek

While I'm working on the 'ghan, I can think about what project(s) I can do for the other two songs.

Tam, I LOVE those squares! They're so nice and solid! That's the only thing I have against granny square afghans - the holes. These squares look like they would make such a nice, warm, SOLID afghan!

Yeah.... sometimes a solid granny square blanket is the way to go! I like the regular ones too.

thanks so much for the compliment!!! :hug

I'm giving thought to making a Flannel'ghan for next month. Red & White.

Now... the challenge is................... can I get one made in 14 days?!

So I can give it to hubby for Valentine's Day! :think hmmm?

As promised, here is a pic of the flannelghan I finished for DH's birthday. He loves it and is watching tv right now with it all around him!

This is just lovely. Great color combo. I so want to make one of these.(puts it on list)

I started my February never-ending square ghan- Ive gotten 25 rows done and I'm liking the color combo of brown, beige, variegated, and pink and magenta. The red doesn't really go with the variegeted yarn but I had magenta in my stash which does! So the brown will represent Rudolph. This will be for my oldest DD who has pink and brown in her room and is the only one of my DD's that didn't get a ghan this past Christmas!

The way you seem to whip out 'ghans'- I bet you could!! :lol Seriously though- I finished my dh's in 2 weeks because he was constantly asking about it. Of course- that was when I only had 2 kids and they were too young for school so I didn't have anywhere to go during the day. :lol

:snow Good morning everyone!

How's everyone doing? Did everyone get at least one thing done for January's Christmas Carol?

I think I'll be pushing it to get this afghan done that I'm working on before the end of this month. Today I may not get to work on it due to having to get a swap item done! But we'll see! :hook

The way you seem to whip out 'ghans'- I bet you could!! :lol Seriously though- I finished my dh's in 2 weeks because he was constantly asking about it. Of course- that was when I only had 2 kids and they were too young for school so I didn't have anywhere to go during the day. :lol

aww.. thanks for the vote of confidence! :hug

you know... I'm gonna give it my best shot! Even if I dont get it DONE in time... hubby will still be thrilled that I made it for him!

LOL... your hubby was anxious to have his blankie ... huh?! hehehehee

I do alot of running due to my three young ones in school and sports... but I take my projects everywhere with me. :knit:hook

okay... off for a refill on my :mug

you all have a GREAT day!!!

I made one and I got most of it done in one day. You should have no problem with it. I will :cheer you on.

I made one and I got most of it done in one day. You should have no problem with it. I will :cheer you on.

Wow.............one day! Thats GREAT!

Okay... I still need to get the yarn together for it.... but I'm gonna do it!

I'm holding you to be my :cheer hehehehehee

Before I start on this .. I need to finish my "Hip to be Square" afghan... which I'm about done with! I'm on the 6th set of blocks out of 9.

I am making my hubby a bright red gator/dickie combo. He wanted a gater that had "pieces going down the front and back" to cover any air leaks lol

So I am making up a pattern in BRIGHT RED (hubbys favorite color), so thats for Rudolphs nose. lol keeping my hubbys nose warm.

I am making my hubby a bright red gator/dickie combo. He wanted a gater that had "pieces going down the front and back" to cover any air leaks lol

So I am making up a pattern in BRIGHT RED (hubbys favorite color), so thats for Rudolphs nose. lol keeping my hubbys nose warm.

Kath, I'll be interested to see that. I'm not quite sure what a gator is :think Sounds like a nice practical gift anyway.

i made progress on the "bird", but not finished it. i seem to have issues w/ working on it. also started a knit group through parks and rec, to help develop my extreme newby knitting skills.

maybe i will buckle down some and work on the bird some tonight.

Sandy

Well.. it doesnt look like I will be getting my "Hip to be Square" 'ghan done this month. No biggie.. I'll work on it next month!

I have been busy helping my 9 yr old knit a doll. He's making a Native Amerian Indian doll for a school project. He has the head/body done... and almost done with the arms. He still has legs to do... and a dress! Then stuff and embellish.

I need to get the yarn I am going to use for the Flannel'ghan for hubby together. I'll work on that first next month... then get back on the "Hip to be Square" 'ghan.

I'm really enjoying this thread.... I'm getting alot done... staying on task pretty well.. and not feeling rushed or stressed to get something done!

The encouragement from all you ladies is awesome.. thank you!

have a terrific Tuesday.

Tam - I'm so glad this CAL is helping you get some projects done! Seeing your projects and reading your posts keeps me motivated too and I love it when you share pics! Good luck with the flannelghan! :cheer:cheer:cheer We are cheering for you!

I haven't been able to decide what to do for February yet :think. I know my daughter would love one of the reindeer hats :lol. I also need to make a "gift" for her friend's birthday in February, so maybe I'll go with Little Drummer Boy :D.

I just don't know yet!!! :hook

Tam - I'm so glad this CAL is helping you get some projects done! Seeing your projects and reading your posts keeps me motivated too and I love it when you share pics! Good luck with the flannelghan! :cheer:cheer:cheer We are cheering for you!

Thanks sweetie!!

The encouragement is awesome! I feel confident about getting my projects done. I'm excited about challenging myself to get hubby's Valentine Flannel'ghan done.

I thought I would show you ladies something totally cute!

My 9yr old son has a Native American Indian project at school this week... he is making an Indian Doll and him and I are cooking an Indian dish for his project. He needs to finish working on the written report tonight.. but its all coming together. I'm so proud of him... its coming along so cute.

post-18634-135897499434_thumb.jpg

Ah a gator is a one piece neck warmer Colleen, thats all! :)

A dickie is a fake turtle neck, it only has the collar and top of the shirt.

I'd heard of a dickie, but not a gator. We've always just called them neck warmers. :lol I would love to see it finished!

i made progress on the "bird", but not finished it. i seem to have issues w/ working on it. also started a knit group through parks and rec, to help develop my extreme newby knitting skills.

maybe i will buckle down some and work on the bird some tonight.

Sandy

Good luck with your knitting group, Sandy! And continued good luck with the bird.

I haven't been able to decide what to do for February yet :think. I know my daughter would love one of the reindeer hats :lol. I also need to make a "gift" for her friend's birthday in February, so maybe I'll go with Little Drummer Boy :D.

I just don't know yet!!! :hook

Hopefully something will come to mind! Rudolph also opens up to making anything with history ("he'll go down in history"), anything that is a misfit, anything shiny or that glows. Good luck!

Thanks sweetie!!

The encouragement is awesome! I feel confident about getting my projects done. I'm excited about challenging myself to get hubby's Valentine Flannel'ghan done.

I thought I would show you ladies something totally cute!

My 9yr old son has a Native American Indian project at school this week... he is making an Indian Doll and him and I are cooking an Indian dish for his project. He needs to finish working on the written report tonight.. but its all coming together. I'm so proud of him... its coming along so cute.

[ATTACH]15749[/ATTACH]

Tam - Your son is doing a wonderful job! He helped with the knitting at 9 yo :eek Give him a :h5 from me! Sounds like a great project.

Thanks Colleen!

yep... my son is doing a great job!

He did the main head/body part all by himself... .I did the arms and legs. :U

Ah a gator is a one piece neck warmer Colleen, thats all! :)

A dickie is a fake turtle neck, it only has the collar and top of the shirt.

we learn something new everyday- what i call gators are used to bridge the gaps between boots and pants, to keep the snow out- but they are nylon rather that yarn- i guess the result is the same "keep the cold out":yes

Thanks Colleen!

yep... my son is doing a great job!

He did the main head/body part all by himself... .I did the arms and legs. :U

He has done a wonderful job so far. Please make sure you post a pic of it finished. I would love to see it.

Archived