Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

aww... thanks hon!

Oh... wow... so are the 5 bigger sized snowflakes?

:heart

:mug

Yes they are done with size #3 pearl cotton, ww cotton, & ww acrylic.(each snowflake with a different yarn) They work up really fast.

WTG on getting more snowflakes done. How long is the garland now? 5 ornaments :yay, you go!

I've done 20 on the garland so far. I'm using Attic24's pattern for snowflakes. So easy & quick.

Well, I finally finished the flannelghan for DH's birthday (which was Nov 24) LOL. Went to take a pic and message came up saying replace battery. I am charging it now, but not sure if that will help. Looks like a trip to the store tomorrow to buy a new battery. I'll take a pic then. I am sooooo happy that it is done!!!! And he loves it and says it is so warm. Now that I've finished that I can't wait for next months song! Only 3 more days!!!

:yay Good for you. Can't wait to see pics.

I tried to upload some snowflake pics but my camera's not speaking to my computer right now. We'll try to reconcile tomorrow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My plan had been to post the song on the 25th of each month, but this month the 25th is a Monday. That's no fun. So let's say the 25th or the weekend closest to it. :wink So, go see post 2 for the February Song!!! :clap

11 months and 2 days until Christmas! :D

My plan had been to post the song on the 25th of each month, but this month the 25th is a Monday. That's no fun. So let's say the 25th or the weekend closest to it. :wink So, go see post 2 for the February Song!!! :clap

Hmmmmmmm....:think What to make, what to make.....

Yay-:yay I didn't have to wait to come home from work on Monday to see the February song- and a bonus song too!

Now, what to make- I'm not good at 4 legged anythings so that's out:lol

I have 2 skeins of red yarn- so that's a plus! What to make? What to make?:think

Well I could probably work on the red parts of Joanne's flannelghan for this month. :lol:lol:lol

I have a super-cute pattern for reindeer ornaments that I'm going to work on. :clap Now to find some brown yarn...:think

I think if you went up a hook size or 2, it would work just fine. My dh has a big ol' head, and for his hats I usually use an I and only work up to 64 stitches/round. I bet it would look super cute-ness!

Hi Ladies

Iam going to start a snowflake afghan tonight. I will post pics when it is done.

Everyone is doing such a great job.

Oh... Very Cool...cant wait to see!!!

As promised, here is a pic of the flannelghan I finished for DH's birthday. He loves it and is watching tv right now with it all around him!

Wow............ thats awesome!!!

I love it! I want to make one sometime this year!

:woo I'll finish this 'ghan I'm working on and start thinking of next month ideas!!!! Too Cool!

:heart

:mug

February's song is Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer! February is the month of another favourite holiday, Valentines Day, so red is the colour of the month. Will you make something red? Something brown? Something with four legs? Can't wait to see what you come up with! This month there is a BONUS SONG - The Little Drummer Boy. Someone wanted a February or March song that worked well for a baby gift, so the bonus song should help you out. You can choose either song, or make one project for each song! Happy crocheting!

January - Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Awww Rudolph is my favorite! Now I will have to ponder!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be making something red, but I have no idea what yet! I don't have any reason to make a reindeer unfortunately. I made the only little child in my life a reindeer for Christmas '09. Hmm...I'll wait to see what some of you have to say. Maybe I'll be inspired.

As promised, here is a pic of the flannelghan I finished for DH's birthday. He loves it and is watching tv right now with it all around him!

I love it! That just gave me an idea for Feb's project. :D A red flannelghan for my dad for Christmas.

Good idea!

I'm glad Rudolph is your favourite, quietheart. He is definitely loveable!

I personally am going to be playing some Reindeer games in February. :D My goal with this CAL is to make a gift a month and I think either of these would make great Christmas gifts.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90713AD.html?noImages=0

or

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/k1FeltedCheckers.html?noImages=

I'm glad Rudolph is your favourite, quietheart. He is definitely loveable!

I personally am going to be playing some Reindeer games in February. :D My goal with this CAL is to make a gift a month and I think either of these would make great Christmas gifts.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90713AD.html?noImages=0

or

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/k1FeltedCheckers.html?noImages=

Very nice Colleen

Those games are too cute- and that checkerboard game is felted! What a neat way to try felting!!

Nicole- glad I gave you some inspiration with my flannelghan!

I started a Never Ending square afghan last night using Red, Brown, Lace (beigey color-left over from the flannelgan), a varigeited redish pink/brown/beige. Had all these colors in my stash!!:clap

Beth- that hat is too cool! Can't wait to see you in it!

Tam- Can't wait to see what you come up with- you are another speed crocheter-seems every day you are turning out another afghan!:lol

Stacy- Thanks for thinking of starting the flannelghan for me- yes, you can start with the RED for Rudolph (the Devils and Rutgers):rofl:rofl

Colleen- Another great month of Caroling----off to hum Rudolph while I :crocheting

Hmmmmm......not sure what I'll be doing for February. I have a baby afghan that I really need to work on but I want to work on something for Christmas too...maybe those dolls need red sweaters.

Here is my Winter Wonderland project, finished it today...

It wasnt very wintery at 70degrees though!!

Beautiful color combination! I love blues and browns together!

Archived