Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicole - I'm thinking of announcing the February song on the 25th. I figured that would be a fitting day. So you can mark it on your calendar ;)

Kath - I find other people always have a better way with picking colours that I do. It would be hard to admit a sister does :lol

Tam - Another beautiful afghan :drool You sure do make those quickly! I love how the variegated border worked out. Very nice!

Thank you!!! :hug

Tam, that is a beautiful afghan.

:blush aww Thank you!!!

Oh I absolutely love that!! Looks so yummy and warm!

Thank you dear... I like how it came out too! :hook

Your afghan is just lovely Tam.

Thank you!!! :U

:heart

:mug

Okie Dokie......... lets see if I can get one more 'ghan done before this month is over.......... :D

This one is called "Hip to be Square"

Its really fun to do and pretty much mindless... so I'm hoping I can get this done before this month is over for this 'Carol' :yes

post-18634-135897497792_thumb.jpg

Wow Tam- you are on a roll with these ghans. I love the blue one! :) And I like it as it is! You have gotten alot done on the next one too!

I made the "Belle scarf" from Lion Brand- with homespun in the color neauveau- this one is for me. I need to get my battery charged (again) in my camera. I really have to buy a new battery, but that'll have to wait until next payday- I spent my allotted "mad money" on my trip to Boston to visit DD.:yes

LOL Mine lives some 3000 miles away so it's not too hard to like her rofl

My sister does too (ok, maybe not that far), and I always say we get along great so long as we are on opposite sides of the continent. :D

Wow Tam- you are on a roll with these ghans. I love the blue one! :) And I like it as it is! You have gotten alot done on the next one too!

I made the "Belle scarf" from Lion Brand- with homespun in the color neauveau- this one is for me. I need to get my battery charged (again) in my camera. I really have to buy a new battery, but that'll have to wait until next payday- I spent my allotted "mad money" on my trip to Boston to visit DD.:yes

Thanks so much! I have really been more focused so far this year! I'm getting things done... feeling no pressure... just having fun!!! :hook

Tam, love the finished afghan, and I'm liking the new one, as well. You FLY!!! It's amazing to see how much you accomplished in one month!

Thank you! I'm really having fun!!! I think since Christmas if over... and my son is in remission... pressure is gone and relief has set in. I can focus on my crafting. :U

Tam,

I see this most recent afghan is knitted. I barely know the least little tiny bit about knitting. Is it worked across rows with different stitches making the squares? It is beautiful. I don't have a fantastic monitor. Does the yarn have a subtle striping to it? What yarn is that? I want to wrap up in it.

Thanks

Tam,

I see this most recent afghan is knitted. I barely know the least little tiny bit about knitting. Is it worked across rows with different stitches making the squares? It is beautiful. I don't have a fantastic monitor. Does the yarn have a subtle striping to it? What yarn is that? I want to wrap up in it.

Thanks

yes... the 'ghan I'm working on right now is knitted. Its really simple!!! you knit so many.. then purl so many.. then knit.. purl.. etc!

The yarn is Caron "Lace" one pounder.

Thank you so much for the compliment!!! I'm really having fun with this 'ghan... its moving along nicely!

Nicole - I'm thinking of announcing the February song on the 25th. I figured that would be a fitting day. So you can mark it on your calendar ;)

Kath - I find other people always have a better way with picking colours that I do. It would be hard to admit a sister does :lol

Tam - Another beautiful afghan :drool You sure do make those quickly! I love how the variegated border worked out. Very nice!

Wohoo!!! I'm ready to get to work on my Christmas 2010 gifts. I've been working on baby afghans. I have a deep, dark secret to tell....I really, really dislike making afghans! I'm always sick of crocheting them 3/4 of the way through. It doesn't matter what size, the yarn or the pattern. I simply get tired of it and have to force myself to finish.

Okay.......... done.

The more I look at this afghan... the more I think I will add a flower or something in one of the corners. hmmmm.....?

Anyway........... on to another 'ghan. :D

[ATTACH]15454[/ATTACH]

So pretty! That's one cool looking afghan.

Okie Dokie......... lets see if I can get one more 'ghan done before this month is over.......... :D

This one is called "Hip to be Square"

Its really fun to do and pretty much mindless... so I'm hoping I can get this done before this month is over for this 'Carol' :yes

[ATTACH]15458[/ATTACH]

That looks really good, too! I can't knit...just no good at it when I've tried. So I do a lot of Tunisian Crochet to get the "knit" look. I'm completely jealous that you can actually knit! :hook

:waving everyone!

I am loving everyone's Winter Wonderland projects!! Such an amazing group of talented ladies here.

I started another pillowcase last night, but I'm not sure about the color I chose. I may have to start over. I only did a few rows, so it's not that bad.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! I'll try to be back soon. Just a few more days 'til February's carol is revealed!!:yay

I can't believe that one whole month is mostly gone already! The year is flying ALREADY and it just got here!

Everyone's projects and just BEAUTIFUL! Tam, your afghans are gorgeous, I honestly don't know how you turn them out so quickly! I am working on one right now that HAS to be finished no later than the 29 so that I have time to take photos and email them to the Lion Brand site for the Vanna's Choice yarn contest, and it just feels like the faster I go the slower it's getting finished! There's an old Pennsylvania Dutch saying that I remember hearing as a kid, something about "the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get", and it's TRUE!! :lol The more I try to move on this afghan, the slower it seems to go! Oh well. I'll have it finished, but I HATE being under the gun like this! I hate it before Christmas, trying to finish up gifts, and I really hate it now that there's no holiday on the horizon! By the time we start our next month's carol I'll be done with deadlines. Yay!

Wohoo!!! I'm ready to get to work on my Christmas 2010 gifts. I've been working on baby afghans. I have a deep, dark secret to tell....I really, really dislike making afghans! I'm always sick of crocheting them 3/4 of the way through. It doesn't matter what size, the yarn or the pattern. I simply get tired of it and have to force myself to finish.

Amazingly I am exactly the same way. I found I can force myself to make 12in squares if someone has to have a Ghan. It was only recently (and that one pattern) that made it possible for me to actually finish afghans.

Aww........... thanks for the compliment Elle!!!

ooooooooh...cant wait to see your 'ghan.

hehehe..... I understand about hurrying to get things done... seems like it takes longer!

I think what has helped me so far this new year is that I'm not in a hurry. Christmas is over... my son is in remission... no stress.. no hurrying..... just fun relaxing crocheting and knitting.............. :U

Nicole - I have trouble finishing afghans too. I get bored part-way through. But for some silly reason I keep coming back to them. :P

I do, too! I see such pretty ghans and want to make them. I started a baby afghan last night as a matter of fact. I'm a glutton for punishment.

:waving everyone!

I am loving everyone's Winter Wonderland projects!! Such an amazing group of talented ladies here.

I started another pillowcase last night, but I'm not sure about the color I chose. I may have to start over. I only did a few rows, so it's not that bad.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! I'll try to be back soon. Just a few more days 'til February's carol is revealed!!:yay

How many pillowcases have you done now or started at least?

I can't believe that one whole month is mostly gone already! The year is flying ALREADY and it just got here!

Everyone's projects and just BEAUTIFUL! Tam, your afghans are gorgeous, I honestly don't know how you turn them out so quickly! I am working on one right now that HAS to be finished no later than the 29 so that I have time to take photos and email them to the Lion Brand site for the Vanna's Choice yarn contest, and it just feels like the faster I go the slower it's getting finished! There's an old Pennsylvania Dutch saying that I remember hearing as a kid, something about "the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get", and it's TRUE!! :lol The more I try to move on this afghan, the slower it seems to go! Oh well. I'll have it finished, but I HATE being under the gun like this! I hate it before Christmas, trying to finish up gifts, and I really hate it now that there's no holiday on the horizon! By the time we start our next month's carol I'll be done with deadlines. Yay!

I agree about things taking longer when working hard. :yes That's the reason I don't typically like making afghans and I really don't like deadlines.

Amazingly I am exactly the same way. I found I can force myself to make 12in squares if someone has to have a Ghan. It was only recently (and that one pattern) that made it possible for me to actually finish afghans.

I'm glad you found at least one! :cheer

Aww........... thanks for the compliment Elle!!!

ooooooooh...cant wait to see your 'ghan.

hehehe..... I understand about hurrying to get things done... seems like it takes longer!

I think what has helped me so far this new year is that I'm not in a hurry. Christmas is over... my son is in remission... no stress.. no hurrying..... just fun relaxing crocheting and knitting.............. :U

Those are all great things!

Well, I started a new project last night. I'm making hooded afghans for two girls in the office. They are both getting ready to be grandmothers for the first time. I've already made one sweater and a dress. They just need the afghans to go with them!

I do, too! I see such pretty ghans and want to make them. I started a baby afghan last night as a matter of fact. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Those are all great things!

Well, I started a new project last night. I'm making hooded afghans for two girls in the office. They are both getting ready to be grandmothers for the first time. I've already made one sweater and a dress. They just need the afghans to go with them!

Oh........ cool! Cant wait to see the hooded afghans!

I love making for others!!!

Tam~ love your afghan and am looking forward to seeing the latest finished. Great job!

Thanks hon!!!

I'm getting closer....................

sorry about the lighting... makes the color a yellow tone and its not.

I need to take the pic in natural day light.

post-18634-135897498075_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]15536[/ATTACH]

This is just beautiful Tam. It's amazing how quickly you can turn out an afghan.:yay

I finally got a few more snowflakes done today. 2 more on my garland & 5 to use as ornaments.

This is just beautiful Tam. It's amazing how quickly you can turn out an afghan.:yay

I finally got a few more snowflakes done today. 2 more on my garland & 5 to use as ornaments.

aww... thanks hon!

Oh... wow... so are the 5 bigger sized snowflakes?

Oh........ cool! Cant wait to see the hooded afghans!

I love making for others!!!

Thanks hon!!!

[ATTACH]15536[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! You knit very quickly!

WTG on getting more snowflakes done. How long is the garland now? 5 ornaments :yay, you go!

Well, I finally finished the flannelghan for DH's birthday (which was Nov 24) LOL. Went to take a pic and message came up saying replace battery. I am charging it now, but not sure if that will help. Looks like a trip to the store tomorrow to buy a new battery. I'll take a pic then. I am sooooo happy that it is done!!!! And he loves it and says it is so warm. Now that I've finished that I can't wait for next months song! Only 3 more days!!!

Well, I finally finished the flannelghan for DH's birthday (which was Nov 24) LOL. Went to take a pic and message came up saying replace battery. I am charging it now, but not sure if that will help. Looks like a trip to the store tomorrow to buy a new battery. I'll take a pic then. I am sooooo happy that it is done!!!! And he loves it and says it is so warm. Now that I've finished that I can't wait for next months song! Only 3 more days!!!

WTG Joanne! :clap You did it! I am so glad he loves it and I can't wait to see pics. :hyper

Beautiful! You knit very quickly!

WTG on getting more snowflakes done. How long is the garland now? 5 ornaments :yay, you go!

Thank you!!!! :manyheart This thread is really helping me stay on track!

:yay................ way to go!!!!

I cant wait to see it!!! Darn batteries.... :P

Archived