Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Christmas 2009 is all over the leftovers :whew and it is time to think ahead to next year's Chrochetmas...errr, I mean Christmas!:wreath

I would like to introduce The 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling!

There is nothing like Christmas Carols to keep us in the spirit all year long! Here's how it works. One Christmas song per month for the 12 months of 2010. Your crochet project(s) for the month fits into the song (literally or loosely).

For example, if the song is Frosty the Snowman, you could use that month to make a snowman project :2snowman or you could make anything that you find in the song. A hat, for example! :tophat Something carrot coloured! Something round! Part of the fun will be seeing how people get creative with the song!

Plan ahead for next Christmas while having a little fun! You can organize your time to make Christmassy items or to prepare Christmas gifts. No pressure to finish a project per month; work at your own pace. Pictures bring a song to our hearts, so please share them anytime!

So, make your list for Christmas 2010! A caroling we go! I will post the song title in Post #2 just prior to the start of each month. I hope you'll join us for some fun!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been on quite a journey this year, marking each month with a Christmas carol to crochet by. We enjoyed snow in July :2snowman, paid tribute to the:ctree, danced along with Rudolph :rud and made gifts for those we love :gift. I included some songs that were new to people and I hope you all enjoyed each other's interpretations as much as I did. Now it's time to hang the:wreath put up the :hbulb and dig into the :fruitcake and :candycane. Thank you all for helping me keep the joy of Christmas alive all year long. I hope you'll think of our friends here while you crochet to the wonderful songs of Christmas this holiday season. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! The final song came easily to me... Here Comes Santa Claus!

January - Walking in a Winter Wonderland

February - Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer. Bonus song - The Little Drummer Boy

March - O Christmas Tree

April - Santa Baby

May - Mele Kalikimaka

June - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

July - Let it Snow or Choose your Own Song

August - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

September - Away in a Manger and Silver Bells

October - Marshmallow World and Mr. Grinch

November - It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas and T'was the Night Before Christmas

December - Here Comes Santa Claus

OH this sounds like so much fun.I want in on this Cal.

It looks like a winter wonderland here in the middle of Nebraska. We had 12 inch of snow and yesterday it snowed and the wind blew all day. So I'm guess we have aleast 18 inch of snow now. And it is so pretty right now becasue no body is up and out in it yet. The streets haven't even been plowed yet. I'm sitting here looking out my big picture window drinking hot cocoa and eating christmas cookies. Oh it might still be snowing. So I think I will make some Snowmen bags or just Snowmen.

I'm in Colleen! Now to figure out what to make--snowman gift bag for next year? a White hat and scarf? A pair of white fingerless gloves?

:yay Hi Joanne! These are all great ideas! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

This sounds like so much fun. I think I'll make some snowman mittens for January.

Welcome Marci! Snowman mittens sounds nice. I'm thinking of mittens too. Can I ask what pattern you use?

OH this sounds like so much fun.I want in on this Cal.

It looks like a winter wonderland here in the middle of Nebraska. We had 12 inch of snow and yesterday it snowed and the wind blew all day. So I'm guess we have aleast 18 inch of snow now. And it is so pretty right now becasue no body is up and out in it yet. The streets haven't even been plowed yet. I'm sitting here looking out my big picture window drinking hot cocoa and eating christmas cookies. Oh it might still be snowing. So I think I will make some Snowmen bags or just Snowmen.

Welcome Grammy Roberts! Your winter wonderland sounds beautiful! I love it when the snow is fresh like that. Unfortunately we had rain, rain and more rain yesterday and our snow is almost all gone (for now ;)). Hot cocoa, Christmas cookies and crochet -- sounds perfect!

Ohhhh my goodness I would love to be part of this CAL so bad I will give it a try..

I know that with all the gifting i do every year to doctors office and hosptial staff friends and all I need to get on the ball...

I just pulled out some nice blue yarn and white yarn and will start on january 1 to make stuff and will then post it here for you to see....

Thanks for starting this cal and theme with a song goes well.... I love the idea..

hugs

I have some Christmas gifts planned for next year, I'm sure I can find some way to fit them into Christmas Carols. I've purchased 2 18" dolls to sew and crochet wardrobes for my granddaughter and a friend's daughter for next Christmas. So maybe for January I can make hats and boots for the dolls.

I'm here! I'm here!

Okay, I'm thinking I'll work on presents for an upcoming wedding! Parson Brown would be so proud!:2snowman

:yay Shannon! Credit goes to you for the original idea for this CAL, I'm just running with it! I was hoping someone would do something with the wedding reference! Hello to Parson Brown :hi Those snowman bags were in CrochetWorld, so you might find it at that website.

I'm In! I was thinking of Making "Muckluk Slippers' for the men this year so that fits with the "Eskimo Way!"

Now to get the pattern!!

Welcome Ratdog! Fantastic, Muckluk Slippers sound like a great gift!

Ohhhh my goodness I would love to be part of this CAL so bad I will give it a try..

I know that with all the gifting i do every year to doctors office and hosptial staff friends and all I need to get on the ball...

I just pulled out some nice blue yarn and white yarn and will start on january 1 to make stuff and will then post it here for you to see....

Thanks for starting this cal and theme with a song goes well.... I love the idea..

hugs

Welcome Lillibet! I'm so glad you are going to join us!

I have some Christmas gifts planned for next year, I'm sure I can find some way to fit them into Christmas Carols. I've purchased 2 18" dolls to sew and crochet wardrobes for my granddaughter and a friend's daughter for next Christmas. So maybe for January I can make hats and boots for the dolls.

Welcome cshort! I am sure you will find lots of ways to fit your gifts in to Christmas Carols. Can't wait to see what you come up with for those dolls!

:yay Hi Joanne! These are all great ideas! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Welcome Marci! Snowman mittens sounds nice. I'm thinking of mittens too. Can I ask what pattern you use?

Welcome Grammy Roberts! Your winter wonderland sounds beautiful! I love it when the snow is fresh like that. Unfortunately we had rain, rain and more rain yesterday and our snow is almost all gone (for now ;)). Hot cocoa, Christmas cookies and crochet -- sounds perfect!

The pattern is called two of a kind by Michelle Wilcox. I think I got it from Annies Attic when they had free patterns every day

:waving, Joanne! Could you please share the snowman gift bag pattern? I forgot to put it in my favorites.

Hi Shannon,

I just checked Crochet World's website and I couldn't find the pattern there. Glad you are going to be part of this CAL (it was your idea after all!!):lol

Ok, this sounds like fun. :yay

For January, I'll be working on a snowman quiltghan that I designed and haven't finished. :blush I have a long way to go and this will be good motivation for me to actually finish it. :yes:lol

Welcome Cherri! Your snowman quiltghan sounds wonderful. I hope this gives you some motivation :cheer (because then we can see it :devil).

Hi Colleen...what a great idea...there will be fun all-around...looking forward to the posts and inspiration...nikki

Welcome Nikki! I'm glad you've joined and looking forward to posts for inspiration is a great idea!

Once again, I'm in!!:hook

I've already got a few ideas bouncing around in my head.

Welcome Kellie! Can't wait to see what is bouncing around in your head.

:clapThis sounds like fun! Count me in-just not sure what I'll make yet!

Welcome Trish! No worries, we'll be here when you decide what to make. No rush!

Hello to all you Christmas "CAL"-er-ers! (or is it Carolers?:think:lol)

It is great to see so many faces from last year's Christmas CAL already here! (hey, RatDog... I told you there would be a nice surprise!:wink)

Big :hug:hug and :ty:ty to Colleen & Shannon for being so clever, and putting a great theme to this CAL :ctree

I already am :manyheart all of the fun ideas that you all have!

I'll be back soon... I am too popular with my DH and DK's this weekend:shrug ;)

:hugs to you all!

I'm in. I want to make some of those stuffable snowball ornaments asap so I have them for next year. Thanks for starting this CAL. So much fun!!

Welcome Jenn! Tell me more about these ornaments? Do you have a pic or pattern? Sounds cute!

Hello to all you Christmas "CAL"-er-ers! (or is it Carolers?:think:lol)

It is great to see so many faces from last year's Christmas CAL already here! (hey, RatDog... I told you there would be a nice surprise!:wink)

Big :hug:hug and :ty:ty to Colleen & Shannon for being so clever, and putting a great theme to this CAL :ctree

I already am :manyheart all of the fun ideas that you all have!

I'll be back soon... I am too popular with my DH and DK's this weekend:shrug ;)

:hugs to you all!

LeaAnne - It is an honour to take the torch from you! Thanks for your help in getting it started! Enjoy your time with the family :hug

I am soooooo in on this one! I did the snowflakes this year. I didn't get all 52 made but I did give a bunch away for gifts.

Welcome angelsmith! Looking forward to seeing your snowflakes!

Archived