Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I see! I've been humming it and I don't think it a song. It is only 6 notes, though, so it is kind of hard to tell. :shrug

Thanks Stacy. Wouldn't it have been hilarious if it were a Christmas carol. :lol

Tralee, I'm not totally sure what Chakra means. That is the name of the pattern: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra_scarf/chakra_scarf_1.html I wondered the entire time I was making it if the notes actually play something too :lol I can't ask my mom until next Christmas :rofl That is fantastic that your son taught himself to play music. Good for him!

there may be more than 1 answer to "what is a chakra?", the 1 i am familiar w/ is sanskrit for "spinning wheels" and it's associated w/ east indian metaphysical ideas. chakras are energy centers. there are many minor chakras, but 7 major 1's (base of spine, just below belly button just above belly button, heart, throat, 3rd eye and crown). w/ the scarf having hearts on it, i'd reckon they are referencing the heart chakra.

just my .02 worth though :D

Sandy

Oh, I see! I've been humming it and I don't think it a song. It is only 6 notes, though, so it is kind of hard to tell. :shrug

ok, odd 2nd idea w/ chakras. each chakra is suppose to have a note associated w/ it, so maybe the notes are for the 6 other chakras, and the hearts are for the heart chakra. (pondering now)

Sandy

Good Morning all.............

Well... on to another afghan for me .... I have the squares ready to put together.

This thread is going great for me! I'm getting stuff done. :hook

post-18634-135897495749_thumb.jpg

have a great day everyone...

Great work on all the projects!

We act like we all know what we're doing ...LOL

:heart

:mug

Good Morning all.............

Well... on to another afghan for me .... I have the squares ready to put together.

This thread is going great for me! I'm getting stuff done. :hook

[ATTACH]15020[/ATTACH]

have a great day everyone...

Great work on all the projects!

We act like we all know what we're doing ...LOL

I bet that's going to be very pretty...gorgeous in its simplicity (the look, not necessarily the technique).

Just curious, would a steering wheel cover to keep my fingers from freezing off be considered a winter wonderland project???

Absolutely! It's very pretty. :yes I made an Enterlac steering wheel cover for my car.

I definitely think the steering wheel cover fits in with the theme!!!

Tam- love the colors of those squares.

Here's a picture of the "Boston Bruins" scarf and hat for my DD-

Nice scarf...now if it were only red and white for the Detroit Redwings :D Just kidding!

Sandy - Thanks for the info on the chakras. Interesting.

Tam - That is going to be another beautiful afghan! I LOVE those colours. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks so much!!!!

I worked on putting the squares together today! I have 3 rows of 4 put together. :hook

Tam, can't wait to see the finished project. The squares are gorgeous!

Thank you my dear!!!

Just curious, would a steering wheel cover to keep my fingers from freezing off be considered a winter wonderland project???

Absolutely!!!

I love it!!! I should make one of those for the winder time!!!

I definitely think the steering wheel cover fits in with the theme!!!

Tam- love the colors of those squares.

Thank you for the compliment

OmGosh... Love the scarf and cap!!!

I bet that's going to be very pretty...gorgeous in its simplicity (the look, not necessarily the technique).

Absolutely! It's very pretty. :yes I made an Enterlac steering wheel cover for my car.

Nice scarf...now if it were only red and white for the Detroit Redwings :D Just kidding!

Aww............ thank you!!!

I really appreciate the compliment!!!

Sure! It is very nice and great for driving in a winter wonderland.

This sounds great, I need inspiration! :clap

Welcome!

Joanne - Your scarf is so nice! Great colours!

Archived