Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:sigh They already know!

I know "crazy yarn lady", "crazy cat lady". Just wait until you can add "crazy caroling lady" to your credits :lol

Jenn - You are not alone! Beth and I are right there beside you in crazy-ville :lol

Nicole - Welcome! You are 353 days ahead of schedule :tup

Great about it being any way we want to work it. I hate pressure and it would be awful hard to finish, say, an afghan in a month if I'm crazy enough to start another one this year!! I'm still working on that stupid Babette for daughter 2. I don't think it's ever gonna get finished.

It's been fun looking at patterns the last few hours. I did make one of the Sweetie snowflake thingies. Cute, but don't think I want to make anymore and I'm not considering it my Jan. project. :)

I know "crazy yarn lady", "crazy cat lady". Just wait until you can add "crazy caroling lady" to your credits :lol

:rofl

Jorge and I went out on a date tonight!! I got the Jan/Feb issue of Crochet Today, and it is full of Winter Wonderland ideas! Take a peek- it is so worth it! Now on my list of WIM's are the amigurumi snowflake girl, Snowy Day hat, and Bunny Slope mittens. So many patterns, so little time. :sigh

:rofl

Jorge and I went out on a date tonight!! I got the Jan/Feb issue of Crochet Today, and it is full of Winter Wonderland ideas! Take a peek- it is so worth it! Now on my list of WIM's are the amigurumi snowflake girl, Snowy Day hat, and Bunny Slope mittens. So many patterns, so little time. :sigh

Stacy, you have 12 months to make them. We will probably have more chances to make snow-related items with other carols. You don't have to make all of them today!!! BTW, I hope you and Jorge had a great date!!!

We did have a great date, thanks! I posted about it on the other thread. :wink It was so nice to just sit on the pier and listen to the ocean, :manyheart instead of crying and whining. :lol

I meant so little time, in general. :rofl It seems that as soon as I finish one project, 3 or 4 more jump into my head. Methinks there will never be enough time to finish everything I want to do!

Note to self. :nbook:rememberChoose July song that will make Beth's kids think she is crazy. :devil

My kids already think I am Crazy!

Don't ask me why, but one summer when I was about 7 the song "Silver Bells" was going through the group I played with!

We were on a boat ride at the local amusement Park called "The Congo Cruise" and we started singing it at the top of our lungs!

Drove everyone else on the ride NUTS!

Stacy - the ocean sounds wonderful. All we have here right now is the sound of VERY cold wind (and maybe one whiny child :lol). It was -22 degrees Celsius when I woke up this morning :wbrr

I agree, there is never enough time to make all the patterns. Nicole, I'm sure you'll probably find several WIM browsing through patterns today. I always say when I run out of things to crochet I'll take up knitting. Not too much worry about that ever happening :lol

Ratdog - That is a great memory of Silver Bells!

Well, I may not be on-line much over the next few days, if at all. I'll be busy doing some important CAL research in a wintery wonderland. I'll be back to kick off January. Happy crocheting :manyheart

Stacy - the ocean sounds wonderful. All we have here right now is the sound of VERY cold wind (and maybe one whiny child :lol). It was -22 degrees Celsius when I woke up this morning :wbrr

That is cold! I was complaining about 15 degrees (so that's about -9.5 Celsius) this morning!! Try to stay warm!

Good morning all! I'm still working on my snowflake square, since like a goof I used a G hook. It's very pretty though. One day it will become a pillowcase.

Colleen- Have a safe trip!

Everyone- Have a great day, stay warm, and happy :crocheting!!

Hi ladies. Just checking in. I did start on the Snowballs...I made the original pattern then decided I wanted to make them in different sizes. I increased it all by myself (major accomplishment for me without instructions..lol).

Everyone stay warm and have a GREAT day!

Count me in. I love the idea of the carols. I've been making my list of gift ideas already. Now to make it fit the carol of the month. One thing I didn't get time to make this year was a couple of beer bottle cozies for my DS & DD's boyfriend. I need some flesh colored yarn & stuffing for parts of it. I wonder how I'll fit that in with the carols... lol

:welcome Shelley and Lori!!

Shelley- Snowflakes are a good choice! Did you see idagammy's link? She found some cute snowflakes to make!

Lori- Flesh colored yarn and stuffing? Hmmm...wonder what that could be? That's okay that they don't fit in with a carol. If they're Christmas gifts, they work!

:waving... I haven't been here, but I have been humming the January song while I get my cleaning, etc done before Jan. 1st.

I think I will be working on a pair of mittens next... I need them! :wbrr:wlol

Hope you are all having a great day, and st-tt-tay-ing w-w-w-warm! :wgrin:wcold

:welcome Shelley and Lori!!

Shelley- Snowflakes are a good choice! Did you see idagammy's link? She found some cute snowflakes to make!

Lori- Flesh colored yarn and stuffing? Hmmm...wonder what that could be? That's okay that they don't fit in with a carol. If they're Christmas gifts, they work!

Thanks for the welcome. Those flakes are just to adorable.

I have decided to make a set of the stuffable snowballs, I'm stuffing them with mini bell ornaments. I also have my scarf and will do some snowflakes as well.

I've attached a pic of the snowball I've made, hope that is ok.

post-34467-135897490177_thumb.jpg

I have decided to make a set of the stuffable snowballs, I'm stuffing them with mini bell ornaments. I also have my scarf and will do some snowflakes as well.

I've attached a pic of the snowball I've made, hope that is ok.

I love it! Does it jingle?

Archived