Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Sounds like fun...I'm gonna try it! Already have my list started for next year :) I have an idea for this month's song, but I'm gonna work on my list a little more before I decide.

Welcome Shanesmommy!

Wait..this started NOW? I thought it was January. argh....sorry I am behind already.

No, you aren't behind!! There is no behind on this CAL as anyone can jump:yayin whenever they want!

There, you should be feeling better now.:hug

Jenn - Kellie is right. It does start in January and you are not behind. You can jump in any time and work at your own pace. I just couldn't help myself when I got that new yarn home :devil Thanks Kellie!!!!

OK I'm in. For my Winter Wonderland, I'll be making snowflakes using this pattern: www.crochetsal.com/snowflake.html

Welcome idagammy! Oh that little snowflake is sooo cute! The good ideas just keep coming!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just too exciting! I already started on my first project-a snowflake square! I'll post pics when I'm finished.

Colleen- Love the scarf! Very creative idea! I can't wait to see it.

idagammy- That snowflake is too cute! I might have to try that one!

Oh, Colleen that scarf is beautiful- And the jade color sounds so pretty- can't wait to see pics.

I haven't started anything yet- but figure I have all of January. I have the yarn, just need to decide what to make. I'm like Colleen- have a hard time making decisions:lol

I haven't started anything yet either. I've been bouncing ideas around...

Idagammy-Love the snowflake pattern! Thanks for sharing the link...I may have to incorporate him into my project

Now off to look through my yarn:hook

Jamie

Here is the link for the snowman bag:

It is a pdf. I just Googled "crochet snowman bag" and it was on the second or third page. :tup

I'm thinking of making a couple of them, myself. Also, there is an adorable snowman towel holder on e-pattern central that I've been dying to try. :yes

Colleen, that scarf is gorgeous! You can do it! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Here is the link for the snowman bag:

It is a pdf. I just Googled "crochet snowman bag" and it was on the second or third page. :tup

I'm thinking of making a couple of them, myself. Also, there is an adorable snowman towel holder on e-pattern central that I've been dying to try. :yes

Colleen, that scarf is gorgeous! You can do it! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Now why didn't I think to "google" the snowman bag pattern?:think Maybe I should make another one of those- it was fun to make and I loved the way it came out- and I still have extra eyes, buttons, etc, etc.

I'll have to check out the snowman towel holder now!

LoL Joanne, that's the only way I could find it in the first place. I tried the Crochet World site too but couldn't find it there.

I did, however, find an absolutely adorable cabled scarf pattern that I am :think to turn into mittens. :xfin that it works out. I can't really tie it into this CAL, unless you count that they keep you toasty warm while building that snowman. :wink

i think i may give this a try... though will start w/ a ufo for january.

I am going w/ the line:

"Gone away is the bluebird,

Here to stay is a new bird"

and will be trying to finish an afghan i started last year using saltines for the pattern from happy house, of a flamingo. it IS a new bird. :D

Sandy

:yay Sandy! I love your bird interpretation. I've always thought the flamingo deserved more credit as a Christmas symbol :rofl See, anything goes when you are creative! I love it! I actually consider using the 12 day of Christmas as the January song, but when I read the lyrics I thought... all those birds, what on earth could we do with that?:lol Good luck with your 'ghan!

Stacy - Mittens count for sure :yes Can't go walkin' in a winter wonderland without mittens! :no

Stacy- Thank you so much for finding the pattern for me. I never think to Google anything!

Sandy- Flamingos are my favorite bird! I have one sitting on top of my entertainment center. I'll have to go check out that pattern!

I've been sitting here lurking thinking if I could actually do this with everything else on my "plate" so to speak and I think I'm going to jump in.

I want to do some of the stuffable snowballs and I'm currently knitting a scarf, that snowman bag is adorable too so I might do some of them for my nieces.

Stacy- Thank you so much for finding the pattern for me. I never think to Google anything!

Sandy- Flamingos are my favorite bird! I have one sitting on top of my entertainment center. I'll have to go check out that pattern!

Except people's houses! :rofl

I'm going to jump in on this one!! I'm going to start preparing for next Christmas right now! I want it to be a really special holiday. This year everything was last minute. I didn't get any of the handmade ornaments or decorations done that I wanted to.....and I didn't do any handmade presents this year except for one doily for my SIL.

So....2010 is going to be different!! :)

I will look through my patterns and pick one for January :) This will be fun!

Juli

Morning everyone,

I've decided to make a blue scarf with snowflakes sewn onto the scarf...I figure that fits with "Gone away is the bluebird" and "When it snows ain't it thrilling"

For the snowflakes, I'm going to use Sweetie the Snowflake pattern that idagammy posted. When I figure out how to create and insert a link, I'll show you what scarf pattern I found from CPC

Jamie

Welcome Juli! I am with you, if we start now maybe we can be all organized for Christmas 2010 with gifts or ornaments for everyone :clap

Jamie - The scarf sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

I love the idea for the Christmas Carol theme Such a great way to keep us in the Christmas Spirit all year long. I want to make some ami's for my nieces next Christmas So if I can find the pattern I am going to make a little bluebird. This should be fun

Cute, cute musical idea for a CAL. I think I'm gonna have to get in on this one. I haven't played with any of my crochet friends in a loonggg time!! Don't know what I'll get started with yet but have some fingerless gloves in mind (I live in them in the winter!) Those sweetie snowflakes are adorable and I need some new ornaments for the tree for this next year so may do a few of those too. I'll go recheck the song lyrics and see if anything else might jump out at me.

So, the plan is to finish the project by the end of each month in time for the next song to come out???

Looking forward to seeing all the projects that will come out of this CAL. Thanks for having me.

I love the idea for the Christmas Carol theme Such a great way to keep us in the Christmas Spirit all year long. I want to make some ami's for my nieces next Christmas So if I can find the pattern I am going to make a little bluebird. This should be fun

Welcome Tanya :hi Your mentioning a bluebird sent me searching, because I knew I'd seen one. There is a cute pattern for two baby bluebirds in the Jan/Feb. '09 Crochet Today magazine (just in case you have it lying around or want to request a back-copy).

I am really enjoying all the great ideas everyone is coming up with!

Cute, cute musical idea for a CAL. I think I'm gonna have to get in on this one. I haven't played with any of my crochet friends in a loonggg time!! Don't know what I'll get started with yet but have some fingerless gloves in mind (I live in them in the winter!) Those sweetie snowflakes are adorable and I need some new ornaments for the tree for this next year so may do a few of those too. I'll go recheck the song lyrics and see if anything else might jump out at me.

So, the plan is to finish the project by the end of each month in time for the next song to come out???

Looking forward to seeing all the projects that will come out of this CAL. Thanks for having me.

Welcome Ana :) I'm so glad you've come to play with us! If you wish to aim to finish a project by the end of each month, that is fine. There is no pressure in this CAL and I suspect some people might finish a project by the end of each month and others might be working on projects that will take longer than a month. It's all about having fun!

Wow, this is fun seeing all the great ideas! Every time I come to this thread, i start singing Walking in a Winter Wonderland!:lol

I've been singing that song at random times for the last couple days. I can't wait to see what I'll be singing in July!!! My kids will think I'm completely crazy!

Archived