Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irishrose,

I bought Brown yarn because the slippers will be for the men. Also Black.

I'm not sure how many pair of slippers (men's lg) I can get from a pound skein. The pattern called for over 700 yards per pair - about what I use in a prayer shawl.

I also need to make a BICO sweater by March so can "Baby It's Cold Outside" be a carol for February or March? Lot's of good lines in there for crochet projects.

Hi gang!

Wow, ratdog!:eek 700 yds sounds like a lot for a pair of slippers. Of course, I've never made slippers, so I really wouldn't know. As for the carol, Colleen is the brains behind this project, so I don't know what carols she has in mind. I'd like to try that BICO sweater too. Have you ever made one before? I couldn't find the numbers for a size 5, and I have no idea how to wing it.

makeene- That ornament is too cute! It reminds me of the sugar Easter eggs that have the Easter scene inside. I used to get one every year as a child. And definitely keep the pictures coming! We love to see what everyone is working on!

Nicole- What pattern are you using? There's a really cute snowflake sweater in Crochet Today. It's good for a boy or a girl. I'd love to make it myself, but I'm still a bit afraid of wearables. Gotta keep those babies warm and cozy when you're Walking in a Winter Wonderland!:wbrr

LeaAnne- Good to see you, girl! Do you know what you'll be making for this month's carol?

Have a great night all. It's time for me to get the heating pad on my back and :crocheting a bit!

:waving!

I have decided that for this month's carol, I will be making me some mittens.:yes

Also, a couple of scarves, and my first Hat! :wlol

Who woulda thunk it that i haven't been able to make one that turns out right after all these years?:shrug. I am thinkin the hat will be a great project for New Years, while watching all of the bowl games:clap

Have a wonderful night, everybody!

:manyheart

Good evening, fellow carolers!

I only have about 2 more rounds to go on my square but I ran out of yarn. Good thing I got a Michael's gift card for Christmas. After that I'll be tackling the Valentine's Day square. Not sure which pattern I'll be using. Has anyone here ever tried the wool-eater pattern? I may try that.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! See you later.

Morning all,

DH has come up with a plan for this CAL that he wants me to do :lol

He thinks it would be neat to do sets of ornaments (4 each month) for each song then gift them to our Niece who will be moving out on her own this year if all goes well (that her plan anyway).

We could give them to her for her Birthday which is November 7th so she'd have them in time for her Christmas Tree.

Thoughts?

Michelle, I think the ornaments sound like a good idea and a great gift. I was thinking about doing at least one ornament for each month's song just because I would like to have more handmade ornaments on my tree. Maybe a snowflake or snowman for January.

Good morning, all!

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale at Michael's, Joanne! I'm hoping to get over there today. I'd like to go by myself, so I can look and pet as long as I want!

makeene- That would be such an amazing gift! Your DH sounds like a keeper!;) I'm thinking of making ornaments to give out to family and close friends. Let us know if you find any good patterns.

I tried to teach my sister how to do a granny square last night. I think it's harder when the teacher is a lefty and the student is a righty. At least us lefties are used to adapting to things that are backwards to us. We'll keep trying though. I'm just excited that she's interested!:yay

Have a wonderful day everyone!

makeene, that is totally awesome! What a great idea, and the timing with her birthday in November is perfect!!! Tell DH he did well!

Yeah! DH did GREAT!

Don't you just love how people add to our lists like it is no big deal?:lol

Well ladies /friends:

I got my blue yarn to make a cowl with white.. and i want to make some more of the sweetie snowflake too just like another gal here... I didnt get to make any this past year and I love to gift them and well while i got the white yarn out i might as well do some of them stuffable snow balls lots of you are trying can be addicting i guess hehehehe

So since I sprain my foot yesterday and cant move lots crochet time it is...for me

You all stay warm and I will be back here later or tomorrow I gots to keep up here...

hugs

Morning all,

He thinks it would be neat to do sets of ornaments (4 each month) for each song then gift them to our Niece who will be moving out on her own this year if all goes well (that her plan anyway).

We could give them to her for her Birthday which is November 7th so she'd have them in time for her Christmas Tree.

Thoughts?

This is such a sweet idea. Good job Hubby. Now he just needs to learn to crochet to help you get them done.:lol

Hey Shannon- Michael's has a huge sale on yarn right now- through the end of the week- good time to use your gift card!!!

Never tried the wool-eater afghan, but it on my long list of WIMs!!

Thanks for the heads up. I might need to make a Mikey run.

Well ladies /friends:

I got my blue yarn to make a cowl with white.. and i want to make some more of the sweetie snowflake too just like another gal here... I didnt get to make any this past year and I love to gift them and well while i got the white yarn out i might as well do some of them stuffable snow balls lots of you are trying can be addicting i guess hehehehe

So since I sprain my foot yesterday and cant move lots crochet time it is...for me

You all stay warm and I will be back here later or tomorrow I gots to keep up here...

hugs

Hope your foot feels better soon, but not so soon you don't get in some good crochet time.;)

I'm actually making a BICO sweater. It can easily be called a winter sweater to fit with the carol, right?!?! :devil I've always been a good cheater.

I love how you guys are cheating creatively engineering your lists. :lol

:waving!

I have decided that for this month's carol, I will be making me some mittens.:yes

Also, a couple of scarves, and my first Hat! :wlol

Who woulda thunk it that i haven't been able to make one that turns out right after all these years?:shrug. I am thinkin the hat will be a great project for New Years, while watching all of the bowl games:clap

Have a wonderful night, everybody!

:manyheart

Good luck with the hats! I'll be crocheting away on the sweater while watching the Winter Classic. :hook

The Mukluk pattern arrived today!

Not to read it over and get started! I might be having company tomorrow so I will not be able to get anything done.

Wahoo!! I love new patterns.

Good evening, fellow carolers!

I only have about 2 more rounds to go on my square but I ran out of yarn. Good thing I got a Michael's gift card for Christmas. After that I'll be tackling the Valentine's Day square. Not sure which pattern I'll be using. Has anyone here ever tried the wool-eater pattern? I may try that.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! See you later.

I haven't tried it, but have thought about it several times. I'm not a huge fan of making afghans so I've avoided it for that reason.

Morning all,

Thoughts?

That's a fabulous idea! What a creative DH you have there. Can't wait to see them.

I love how you guys are cheating creatively engineering your lists. :lol

:devil

Leanne, I will make a hat with you! I have decided to fore-go the cables for now and work on the Snowy Day hat from Crochet Today. :yes Have you found a pattern yet? You can do it! :cheer

Michelle, your bell ornament is cute! :manyheart

I've pulled out my bag w/ the flamingo afghan in it. i just need to change my thought frame towards it since the wedding was canceled (which is why it got put aside to start w/).

wish me luck :D

Sandy

Archived