Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

:waving, Beth!

Nice Mitts! I really like the stitch you chose... what is it?

Like most of my projects, it's a pattern from Crochet Pattern Central. This one is called "green wristwarmers" but I obviously used blue. It's skip a stitch, put a sc and dc in the next stitch, skip a stitch around. I love the texture, and it was very easy. I actually made a second pair (this one I get to keep!) this afternoon. My dd is wearing the first pair.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basjordan love the cute fingerless mitts. Maybe I will try and make a pair too.

Ok here is my plan, I'm going to spend one weekend a month working on this Cal.I sure I will find stuff that will take more than one weekend but I will get some stuff started. So with that said this weekend I plan to started. I have my yarn and everything laid out to make a couple of Snowmen.

It is no longer a Winter Wonderland here in Nebraska.I hate it. And I'm so ready for some warmer weather. We have 17 inches of snow and Saturday there is 1 to 3 inches of more snow in the forecast.

Happy New Year Everybody

Happy New Year! An official welcome to the month of Walking in a Winter Wonderland!

I have decided to make a set of the stuffable snowballs, I'm stuffing them with mini bell ornaments. I also have my scarf and will do some snowflakes as well.

I've attached a pic of the snowball I've made, hope that is ok.

Your snow-bell turned out so nice!

Morning all,

DH has come up with a plan for this CAL that he wants me to do :lol

He thinks it would be neat to do sets of ornaments (4 each month) for each song then gift them to our Niece who will be moving out on her own this year if all goes well (that her plan anyway).

We could give them to her for her Birthday which is November 7th so she'd have them in time for her Christmas Tree.

Thoughts?

What a fabulous idea! Your DH has joined the CAL! I think I might try for an ornament a month myself. The carols should lend nicely to that.

This will be my first CAL! I'm going to make a couple of snowmen. I found a pattern from Beckyb that I love.

Happy New Year to all!

Michelle

Welcome Michelle!

"FIRE" red sweaters for my daughter and her doll! :hook

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/Braxxi/Crochet%202009/100_1376.jpg

:drool Braxxi, did you make that for this CAL already? It is so cute! Your DD and her doll are too! ;)

Count me in for this CAL! It's PERFECT to keep me on track for my goal and my resolution to crochet as many things as I can, all year long, to sell at our Market Days starting next fall and going until Christmas! Since this is a big undertaking and since I posted a few hours ago that this is one of my resolutions for 2010, I will take my cue from the line in the song "to face, unafraid, the plans that we've made." Now I have a real inspiration to do what I planned to do! Wheeeee!!!!!!! Thanks so much for staring this CAL! It's PERFECT!!

I made an amigurumi rat the other day, he's adorable! He's made from white angora and he's holding a purple grape! I love him!

I am now in he middle of crocheting "The Monkey Wears Prada" by Delicious Crochet. She is just the most hysterically funny monkey I've ever seen! I've got her head and face done, her hat, her legs and feet and about half of her body. I've been sitting working on her all evening, with short breaks for dinner (snow crab legs dipped in melted butter!) and to kiss DH when the ball dropped at midnight. Well, it was midnight in New York, only 11 here in Texas, but that's OK, at least it was midnight SOMEWHERE! :lol

I will post a picture of the rat tomorrow (right now he's down at the front desk standing by the computer to greet guests coming into the hotel). I'll wait until it gets light and I'll walk up to the lobby and take some rattie pics. We're closed tomorrow, so I plan to finish he Monkey Wears Prada tomorrow and I will then take pics of her. You're going to LOVE her!

Welcome Elle!

I sat in my nook with a cat in my lap, and crocheted away. I can't believe it, but I finished my first pair of fingerless mitts, ever! And it just took a morning. Here are my pics!

Beth, beautiful fingerless mitts! I love blue.

i think i will join in- snowman or clown:think:think:think:think hmmmmm

Welcome dragonpuck! I was hoping to see a clown :lol

Good luck on your hat, LeaAnne and your mitts!

Can't wait to see these winter sweaters, ornaments, doll clothes, etc., etc.

I am so glad to see everyone having so much fun with this. I am back from visiting a winter wonderland myself and will post some pics of my "research" when I get them uploaded later. I think you might find them inspiring (especially those of you in rainy Florida :lol). I missed a fair bit here, but thank you so much Shannon for keeping things moving! It looks like this is going to be a fun group!

I am all for creatively interpretting the songs, by the way. And yes, I believe charity projects count in this CAL as do gifts for ourselves ;)

Okay, ya'll, I got my project finished and up on my blog if ya wanna see the pic of it. I am a total wash-out for trying to post here at the "ville. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I can't believe that I'm already done, even though I knew I would be with this pattern......I may still try and do something else. I have a whole month, after all, before the next song comes out!!

Just in case my blog isn't in with my signature- been too long since I've even looked:

http://mlpond.blogspot.com/

Weellll lookie there- it IS in my siggy. :)

Beth, your fingerless gloves look wonderful, they're so pretty! :clap

Ana, I really like yours too, I like the colors and the way the cross stitch came out:clap

I haven't tried to crochet any wearable items yet, but I may have to try one one of these patterns.

I'm working away at my scarf:crocheting...check in with you all later

Jamie

Like most of my projects, it's a pattern from Crochet Pattern Central. This one is called "green wristwarmers" but I obviously used blue. It's skip a stitch, put a sc and dc in the next stitch, skip a stitch around. I love the texture, and it was very easy. I actually made a second pair (this one I get to keep!) this afternoon. My dd is wearing the first pair.

Oh, these are perfect-ness- this is on my immediate to do list! That is when I have time to :crocheting LOL! I like the look of those alot- I had made a pair for DD and I liked them enough, but these seem to have a better texture! What size hook did you use- and do you crochet "tight" or "loose"?

Ana- I love your fingerless mitts too- very Winter Wonderland=ish with their snowflake!!

Thank you for sharing, Colleen! Those pics are beautiful and inspiring! And they make me shiver!:wgrin

redhead54- Those mitts are adorable!

Beth- I love yours too! The colors are so nice!

That is cold! I was complaining about 15 degrees (so that's about -9.5 Celsius) this morning!! Try to stay warm!

OMGoodness, it's 41 degrees here tonight and I'm complaining up a storm! I HATE it when the temperature goes below 50! In fact when it hits 60 I break out my hoodie for walking the dog! :lol

I grew up in New Jersey where the winters in recent years have become horrible, snow-drifted, months-long nightmmares, but after all these years in south Texas, I've become a total lightweight. My husband calls me a "weather weenie". :lol And it only took me about three years of living down here to get this way! Almost immediately after removing myself from the winters in the northeast I totally lost my tolerance for the cold.

Ooooh Colleen, that is just breathtaking!! Have I ever mentioned that I :manyheart snow! And yes, I even liked it when I lived in it and had to shovel, etc. :yes Very pretty pictures!

Beth, your mitts are so pretty! They look very comfy.

redhead54- your mitts are too cute! Love the snowflakes. :manyheart

I finished my hat! :clap It only took 2 hours this morning, and another half-hour tonight to weave ends. The top came out a bit too long somehow :think but it is still cute enough, IMO. Will post pics maybe tomorrow night, after dd's party.

OMGoodness, it's 41 degrees here tonight and I'm complaining up a storm! I HATE it when the temperature goes below 50! In fact when it hits 60 I break out my hoodie for walking the dog! :lol

I grew up in New Jersey where the winters in recent years have become horrible, snow-drifted, months-long nightmmares, but after all these years in south Texas, I've become a total lightweight. My husband calls me a "weather weenie". :lol And it only took me about three years of living down here to get this way! Almost immediately after removing myself from the winters in the northeast I totally lost my tolerance for the cold.

A weather weenie- I love it!!! :rofl I grew up in MI but have lived in Southern CA for about 9 years now. I have adjusted to the weather, of course and when the temps are below 60, I freeze. My FIL always says, "Where's that Michigan girl?" :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by makeene viewpost.gif

Morning all,

DH has come up with a plan for this CAL that he wants me to do :lol

He thinks it would be neat to do sets of ornaments (4 each month) for each song then gift them to our Niece who will be moving out on her own this year if all goes well (that her plan anyway).

We could give them to her for her Birthday which is November 7th so she'd have them in time for her Christmas Tree.

Thoughts?

I just love this idea! It's so creative of your DH! How cool it would be for your niece to have a set of ornaments to represent each Christmas carol! What a great way for her to decorate her first tree living on her own! :yes

Good luck Beth- have fun :crocheting! I finished a hat this morning b/4 work- but that doesn't count towards this CAL since it isn't a Christmas gift....mmm. let me think about that for a minute:think. Since I am donating the hat to the Christmas Hat and Mitten Tree at work next December, maybe it does count. Do we have 2 for 1's? You know, I did the hat for the Boxing Day CAL, but it fits in well with the winter wonderland of this CAL

Hey, I've got limited time with my crazy work schedule, so thought I'd give that a try:devil

Have a tangle free yarn day everyone!

I'd count it, Joanne! If you're using it for anything to do with the holidays next year, I'd definitely count it! Aside from my monthly shawl and possibly some wearables I may work on for myself this year, everything I make is being made with the intention of selling it at Market Days starting next September for Christmas shopping. I hope to have as large an inventory as possible by then! If I have to skip September and not start selling until October, then that's what I'll do. I am so psyched that I found this CAL when I did because it enabled me to start right at January 1, 2010 and not a few weeks later. :)

Stacy- WTG on finishing that hat---and in only 2 hours- was it the one from the Crochet World issue? Can't wait to see a pic!

Elle- thanks for letting me count it! LOL. My DD wants me to make up a bunch of things and do a craft fair with her next fall- she is an artist and paints, and makes jewelry. So we'll see. This CAL is perfect for keeping me motivated. Now to just perfect my crocheting skills and all will be right with the world! LOL

Oh, by the way, I got so many compliments on the lovely shawl when I wore it to work one day last week. Thanks a bunch again!!!

Ana and Beth your fingerless mitts are great.

Colleen your pics are beautiful but I'm with some of the other ladies. I lived in NJ and upstate NY for several years as a kid but I've been in south Florida for almost 33 years and the 47 degrees that I woke up to this morning is toooo cold.:wbrr

I finished my doll hats last night, I'll have to post pics later.

Ok time to finish checking the other posts and then it's time to undecorate. I'll stop by again later, have a great day.

I am terrible about never finishing things I commit myself to, so I have never joined a CAL. Since my NEw YEar's resolution is 'Try new things' I thought I would give it a go! Besides! This is an ADORABLE idea! I love the non-restrictiveness of it and seeing how everyone's minds process the lyrics!

And my dd says I should go back to making more ami (which I gave up because it kills my hands to work so tight!) but I really want to make an ami snowman. So, off to look for and/or innovate a pattern and take some alieve and dig in my stash!

I really love those cute little snowflakes, though, with the googly eyes (who I can't remember posted after reading thru 5 pages) Maybe my ami snowman needs a snowflake pal? hahahaha

Now, to figure out how to subscribe to threads because I will so easily let myself forget!

Oh, these are perfect-ness- this is on my immediate to do list! That is when I have time to :crocheting LOL! I like the look of those alot- I had made a pair for DD and I liked them enough, but these seem to have a better texture! What size hook did you use- and do you crochet "tight" or "loose"?

Ana- I love your fingerless mitts too- very Winter Wonderland=ish with their snowflake!!

I used an H hook (the dark blue one probably wouldn't explain it well enough...) and I crochet more loose than tight. I love this pattern!!! I did the second one joining the first 8 rows, not joining the next 3, then joining the rest so I didn't have to sew. You do know what I think about sewing, right? :yuck

Hope this helps!

I am terrible about never finishing things I commit myself to, so I have never joined a CAL. Since my NEw YEar's resolution is 'Try new things' I thought I would give it a go! Besides! This is an ADORABLE idea! I love the non-restrictiveness of it and seeing how everyone's minds process the lyrics!

And my dd says I should go back to making more ami (which I gave up because it kills my hands to work so tight!) but I really want to make an ami snowman. So, off to look for and/or innovate a pattern and take some alieve and dig in my stash!

I really love those cute little snowflakes, though, with the googly eyes (who I can't remember posted after reading thru 5 pages) Maybe my ami snowman needs a snowflake pal? hahahaha

Now, to figure out how to subscribe to threads because I will so easily let myself forget!

Jennawing, there is a pattern for The Littlest Snowman here on the ville that's only about 2 1/2" tall.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65675&highlight=SNOWMAN

This will be my first CAL! I'm going to make a couple of snowmen. I found a pattern from Beckyb that I love.

Happy New Year to all!

Michelle

Welcome!

Thanks all for the input :)

Now I'll just have to be able to find ornaments for each song we do :yes

We will help you! Together, we can get it done. :yes

I've pulled out my bag w/ the flamingo afghan in it. i just need to change my thought frame towards it since the wedding was canceled (which is why it got put aside to start w/).

wish me luck :D

Sandy

You can do it! :cheer

Hi ladies. Hope everyone's day is going good. I'll be working on lots of snowballs starting tomorrow.

Hi! :hi

"FIRE" red sweaters for my daughter and her doll! :hook

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/Braxxi/Crochet%202009/100_1376.jpg

Those are lovely!

Not so shameless plug :blush I have a snowman ornament pattern in the 2009 Crochet a Day Calendar if anyone needs a snowman.

Is it an ami or ornament? I don't have the calendar. :blush

I hope to get started on the BICO in the next few days. I was going to start it yesterday, but I had to get some wok done on a thread christening gown that I'm testing for designer. I have to spend today getting caught up there.

Happy New Year everyone!

Count me in for this CAL! It's PERFECT to keep me on track for my goal and my resolution to crochet as many things as I can, all year long, to sell at our Market Days starting next fall and going until Christmas! Since this is a big undertaking and since I posted a few hours ago that this is one of my resolutions for 2010, I will take my cue from the line in the song "to face, unafraid, the plans that we've made." Now I have a real inspiration to do what I planned to do! Wheeeee!!!!!!! Thanks so much for staring this CAL! It's PERFECT!!

I made an amigurumi rat the other day, he's adorable! He's made from white angora and he's holding a purple grape! I love him!

I am now in he middle of crocheting "The Monkey Wears Prada" by Delicious Crochet. She is just the most hysterically funny monkey I've ever seen! I've got her head and face done, her hat, her legs and feet and about half of her body. I've been sitting working on her all evening, with short breaks for dinner (snow crab legs dipped in melted butter!) and to kiss DH when the ball dropped at midnight. Well, it was midnight in New York, only 11 here in Texas, but that's OK, at least it was midnight SOMEWHERE! :lol

I will post a picture of the rat tomorrow (right now he's down at the front desk standing by the computer to greet guests coming into the hotel). I'll wait until it gets light and I'll walk up to the lobby and take some rattie pics. We're closed tomorrow, so I plan to finish he Monkey Wears Prada tomorrow and I will then take pics of her. You're going to LOVE her!

Welcome! I love that there are so many 'Villers joining this one. It was a fantastic idea.

Happy New Year everyone! Have a great day. I will be working on crocheting later when I get back from my massage.

Ooohhh, a massage! Was it wonderful?

I sat in my nook with a cat in my lap, and crocheted away. I can't believe it, but I finished my first pair of fingerless mitts, ever! And it just took a morning. Here are my pics!

Very cute! They look warm and lovely, too.

okey dokey do. I pulled out the "other bird" to see what was done w/ it. I had made too many pink squares, not sure about the black 1's, and not enough of the pink/black split squares. had nearly the top 1/2 sewn together, so spent the day joining the pink squares in the side pieces; so now i have the top pink, bottom pink, and 1 side pink joined in those sections. woo hoo, so i may actually be able to FINALLY finish off the bird.

Sandy

That's exciting! You can do it.

i think i will join in- snowman or clown:think:think:think:think hmmmmm

Welcome! I vote snowman because I hate clowns! :blush:D

Okay, ya'll, I got my project finished and up on my blog if ya wanna see the pic of it. I am a total wash-out for trying to post here at the "ville. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I can't believe that I'm already done, even though I knew I would be with this pattern......I may still try and do something else. I have a whole month, after all, before the next song comes out!!

Just in case my blog isn't in with my signature- been too long since I've even looked:

http://mlpond.blogspot.com/

Weellll lookie there- it IS in my siggy. :)

Those are very pretty! I love the way blue looks on white. :yes

As promised, here are a couple Winter Wonderland pictures from my trip this week. The trees were so beautiful with the snow on them. Enjoy!

[ATTACH]14353[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14354[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!

It got much worse last night. It was -2 (Fahrenheit). It was somewhere around -15 with wind chill. It has to get pretty darn cold for it to bother me. Last night was one of those nights.

I went with four friends to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. We didn't get out of there until almost midnight. It was darn cold, but the movie was good and worth it.

Ooooh Colleen, that is just breathtaking!! Have I ever mentioned that I :manyheart snow! And yes, I even liked it when I lived in it and had to shovel, etc. :yes Very pretty pictures!

Beth, your mitts are so pretty! They look very comfy.

redhead54- your mitts are too cute! Love the snowflakes. :manyheart

I finished my hat! :clap It only took 2 hours this morning, and another half-hour tonight to weave ends. The top came out a bit too long somehow :think but it is still cute enough, IMO. Will post pics maybe tomorrow night, after dd's party.

I love snow, too! We have gotten very little snow here this year. Less than three inches all season (not counting the end of last winter). Way to go on the hat! I'd love to see pics one they are available.

Welcome! To subscribe, when you post a message, change the drop down box (down in additional options, you have to be doing an advanced post, not a quick reply) to the notification type you want.

I also changed in my user CP to automatically subscribe to each thread I submit a reply. Hope this helps!

Ana and Beth your fingerless mitts are great.

Colleen your pics are beautiful but I'm with some of the other ladies. I lived in NJ and upstate NY for several years as a kid but I've been in south Florida for almost 33 years and the 47 degrees that I woke up to this morning is toooo cold.:wbrr

I finished my doll hats last night, I'll have to post pics later.

Ok time to finish checking the other posts and then it's time to undecorate. I'll stop by again later, have a great day.

:yay More pictures!!! :D

I think I'll start making a winter wonderland. Years ago I ordered the green & white tree kit from Herrschner's but lost the pattern. So many people have asked me for one since then, so when the kit was on sale recently I ordered it so I could have the pattern. I have enough yarn to make several, plus what's in the kit. I found several mini light sets in the holiday clearance at Walmart so I can add lights to them as well.

Archived