Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooooooh! I just found the pattern I am going to do. I think it is very creative and can't wait to see everyone's reactions when I post it!

Oh, my curiosity is getting the best of me. Wonder what this could be?:think Can't wait to see!

I am already started. Started working on my first dishcloth for 2010 on the 25th. lol

However don't think they well match the songs. But still would like to join just to keep myself motivated all year.

Welcome Angie! WTG at getting started!

I would like to join in too! I love the Christmas Carol idea! Everyone has such good ideas already. Now if I can come up with some good ideas...

Jamie

Welcome Jamie!

Ohh Colleen!!! :hi:bounce:hyper

I'm in!!! I love Christmas carols and I love crocheting and I love trying to be creative!!! It will be so much fun to combine them!!!

I'm hatting today -- but I'll think about my winter wonderland project, and let you know what I come up with (besides smoke from trying to think!)

I orderd the MukLuk slipper pattern from maggie's Crochet. I think I am going to get some Caron one pound skeins and go from there.

So far I will need at least 4 pair of the slippers.

Michael's has the Caron Pounders on sale for $4.99/skein!

My hands get cold in the winter wonderland, so I'm going to make http://motleycruiser.blogspot.com/2007/09/wristwarmer-pattern_26.html

I'll be using Caron Simply Soft in Soft Blue with a possible trim in Berry Blue, since I have some leftover, and they look good together. If I have time and enough yarn, I'll make 2 pairs, so my dd and I can both have one.

Welcome Beth! :yay Those fingerless gloves look very nice. I love blue :manyheart

Ratdog - Looks like you are going to be busy frolicking and playing in an Eskimo way with those mukluks!

Welcome Stacy!

I haven't decided on my Winter Wonderland project yet myself and I am really enjoying seeing all of your ideas!

Michael's has the Caron Pounders on sale for $4.99/skein!

Really?!! Wow...that would be a huge help for my SIL's ghan. Hmm...wonder if I can get Jorge to take me out there again tomorrow? (We just went to that shopping center tonight to go to Trader Joe's. :rofl)

I think I'll give this one a try. My 3-month-old doesn't like to let me crochet much, but he's getting better about napping. :lol

Not sure what to do for "Winter Wodnerland" yet though...

Welcome Braxxi! Whatever you can get done with a 3 month old will be great! And just think, we are here all year long!

Slowcrocheter - WTG on getting the washcloth done! Enjoy making the red hat and scarf!

Ratdog - Starbucks??? What WAS he thinking? Just kidding, maybe he wants you to be able to stay up all night long crocheting? :rofl

I just went and indulged myself with my Michael's gift card. I have trouble making decisions, so it took me almost 2 hours :rofl But, I bought the yarn for my winter wonderland project. I won't give you any further details until I get it started and know I can do it. :xfin

OK, I'm 19 rows into my Winter Wonderland project and feel it is safe to say I can do it! :clap

I am going with the "He sings a love song, as we go along" line and making this: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra_scarf/chakra_scarf_1.html Looks like a love song to me! I've been wanting to make this for a while. I am using Bernat Satin Sport in Jade (soft and pretty :)). This will be a Christmas gift. So far so good, but please cheer me along!

Sounds like fun...I'm gonna try it! Already have my list started for next year :) I have an idea for this month's song, but I'm gonna work on my list a little more before I decide.

Archived