"Refreshing Throw" as a stashbuster

Afghaniac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with a cold that won't quit, but I feel better already after reading all those lovely comments about my scrap project.

And so encouraged that I've actually put off a crochet project I'm anxious to do in order to start yet another stashbuster -- this one a wavy ripple from The Big Book of Scrap Afghans that I'm working one color per row in some earth and sea colors that seem to work together. Maybe it will conjure the beach while I'm waiting for the next time I get to one!

:2blush

I love the colors too-I've yet to do squares- so far only done sc, hdc, dc scarfs and a shawl. I think I need to learn how to do squares and yours are so pretty. What was the pattern?

I love the colors too-I've yet to do squares- so far only done sc, hdc, dc scarfs and a shawl. I think I need to learn how to do squares and yours are so pretty. What was the pattern?

The pattern is "Refreshing Throw" under free afghan patterns at coatsandclark.com.

Most of what I do is squares. All kinds of square motifs -- flowers, dragonflies, geometrics, cats -- I love 'em all. And after having done so many, I don't even mind sewing them together anymore. What's great about them is that you get instant gratification upon completion of each one, and I find they're not as boring as going back and forth in the same stitch over and over again.

Are you sure this is a stash buster?! The colors are so beautiful together. Nice work!!

Thank you, but I wish it weren't so! It's just an indication of just how out of control my stash is. So many afghan patterns I like require a siginificant amount of a main color, and I'm trying really, really hard to resist those, because it would mean -- yet again -- adding to the stash. I think that's how I got into trouble in the first place.

Very pretty, I love squares done on a diagonal. They look more like tiles than boxes, and you get to use up a lot of stash with odd amounts of yardage. Good job...

Archived