"Refreshing Throw" as a stashbuster

Afghaniac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love yours. I actually did the opposite and instead of working down my stash I bought more yarn to do this project. Bad, bad me!

:lol How do you think I got so much yarn? Almost every time I made a so-called scrap afghan, it called for more of one or two colors than I already had. That's only the second or third of many afghans that I've been able to make using only "scraps." The last one like that became a baby-size blanket so that I wouldn't buy more.

My current scrap afghan has one color per row; but already I'm finding that with about nine or ten repeats of all the colors, I'll have to buy another skein of RH Cornmeal to make it come out right. And the cycle begins again . . .:bang

Some years ago, I saw a scrap afghan made by tying together all scraps and allowing the tied ends to remain on the front of the afghan. Despite its randomness, it looked quite beautiful. Now if only I could find that pattern :think. . . however, given the size of my pattern stash, that too could be a problem.

Archived