Poll What is your favorite Hook?

What brand of Hook do you like best  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of Hook do you like best

• Clover Brand Hooks
    • Susan Bates
    • Jimbo Hooks
    • Mixture of different brands

Just wondering what everyones favorite hook is, and were not talking size but maker.......I personally prefer Jimbo's wooden hooks, I can't live without them. If only they came in the tiny steel size I would do filet again, hmm maybe need a magnifying glass to see the work though :rofl

I have metal ones "boye" brand? they're really the only one's I've used since I just started, but I did attempt with my mothers ones first and I don't know what brand they were but they were a hard plastic. I think I prefer the metal.

I have used Boyle and Bates. I have one my grandmother bought me 42 years ago. I have no idea what brand it is. It is well worn. I never heard of Jimbo hooks until I came to this site. I found his website. His hooks look really nice.

I use a variety of brands of Hooks. I prefer the Clover because the wider handle makes it easier on the arthritis. My DH made me some wooden handles for my Bates and I love them too since they fit to me. The bamboo handled Bates are okay but, the wood is too far away from where I prefer to hold it, hence DH making me some. Lucky me.

I love Susan Bates hooks because the tapered point of the hook, makes it easier for me to push it into the work. Also, because the hooky part of the hook is "in-line" with the shaft of the hook, it slides through loops a lot better.

My daughter loves Boye hooks, which are exactly the opposite. Good thing we have both kinds!

I use MOST exclusivly my Jimbo hook, see he made this ONE just for ME, I asked for a custom made one because of my arthric crooked fingers, and he had me send him photos of holding my hook and all, and made me a VERY special thick handled H hook, and I use it for most EVERYTHING I make.

I only use the Clover hooks. Not the Comfort ones, they are no longer comfortable for me :( I use the Reflections. They are chunkier in the handle and longer, which is great for me. They are light-up hooks but that's by the by for me as I don't use them for that purpose!

I've only tried aluminum and Clover Soft Touch. I remember when I got my first Clover another customer told me it was a waste of money. Well, I LOVE 'EM! and can't live without 'em.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi~keep in mind that I've never tried a Jimbo....

ETA that I have found I crochet quite a bit faster with a Clover too~the yarn keeps slipping up too far on an aluminum one~I've allowed myself to become spoiled!

I use mostly Boye too. I have a G hook that was my grandmothers that is my favorite hook in the world. It is a light turquoise and it just feels good in my hand. No brand name on it.

Archived