2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was AWOL last week so the +1 for a rolled skein (hot pink) will be included here.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +8 / YTD: +28

Let's see, I busted three skeins on the charity blanket (+6): 1) a scratchy blue, 2) An antique skein (i.e., pre bar code) by Dawn (American Thread) Odyssey, made of 100% Kodel (registered by Eastman Kodak) Polyester, color-Antique Gold, and 3) The black Caron One Pound

Busted two balls one medium size blue added to the blanket and one tiny one, lavender, into 4 yo-yos. +2.

Then I rolled a skein of RH Amethyst into a ball. +1

Finally, I turned around and purchased yet another Caron One Pound to continue my blanket. Used Jo-Ann's 40% off coupon. -2.

Since I won't be visiting my computer next week, I want to wish you all Happy Holidays!:wreath:kwan:menorah:yay

See you all here for the last time on the 30th. Then will move on over to the 2010 Stashbusing CAL.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +8/YTD: +28

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

December Charity Flurry Dec 10th - Dec 15th

You know I really should have started Stash-Busting earlier in the year, I had a Yard Sale this summer and ended up selling like 8 totes of yarn! AND I also sold an obscene amount of yarn on eBay! But no such luck. Maybe I will have better luck Next Year! At least I will end the year in the positives! Yay

Well might use up the skein of yarn I rolled into a ball last week today we shall see making an eyeglasses case for my middle daughter for her glasses might make myself a pencil case after that for my pens for school we shall see

+2 - Another Skein down and I finished my scarf, I have included some pictures! I used a Knitting loom, so is that still considered Knitting? I hope so!

The yarn was NOBO yarn (JOSEPHINE-5: 96% Polyamide, 4% Metallic) I got at Wal-Mart like 4? years ago for $1 a skein because they discontinued it.

post-9024-13589748611_thumb.jpg

post-9024-135897486114_thumb.jpg

post-9024-135897486117_thumb.jpg

post-9024-13589748612_thumb.jpg

Okay, I'm going to put in my totals now, as I'm liable to forget over the weekend...I managed to use up one skein and resisted the (very strong) temptation to pick up more Lion Wool at Ocean State Job Lot today!

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +59

:c9:hook

Working on dishcloths for Christmas presents and working thru some pounder cones that were partially used. Doubt if I will gain much more between now and tomorrow. But one ball was used up this week, so a +1 for me!!! :cheer

:D got through another skein of yarn.. But... I also ordered a bunch of yarn this evening. Don't know how soon it will be here, but, I know that I will not be finishing in the positives scores at the end of the year!!!LOL:lol:lol

It's very pretty. I have a friend who has a knitting loom and I think that one day soon I will go over to play with it!!LOL

+2 - Another Skein down and I finished my scarf, I have included some pictures! I used a Knitting loom, so is that still considered Knitting? I hope so!

The yarn was NOBO yarn (JOSEPHINE-5: 96% Polyamide, 4% Metallic) I got at Wal-Mart like 4? years ago for $1 a skein because they discontinued it.

A lady in our group needed some cotton for dishcloths, so I gave her some skeins that have been floating around for a while. I was able to find 6 skiens to give up for her, so that really helps my score.

I'm posting early.

WTD=-3 YTD=+15

:manyheart

It's snowing! We're going to get a foot and what a wonderful day to crochet! This is week four of no crocheting because of my hand. I'm really sad about it. Oh well, there are folks with much more to handle than that. Maybe after the holiday I'll be able to hold a hook.

For week ending Dec. 19, 2009:

WTD: 0 / TYD: -20

Happy Holidays to all who are celebrating this December.:wreath

Yea, ladies. We are ending the year on a high note. I used up one whole skein, half of another, and a small ball, for a total of +4

wtd for 12/19/09: -124

Yippee! Patty

STOP!! Hold the presses!!! SweetPea65 stopped by this afternoon as she is destashing and left me with 6, count 'em, 6 boxes of yarn! I unloaded them all to count, and there were 86 individual balls and skeins of yarn in there (including two thread balls). So, now figuring this into my score, there are 42 whole skeins and 44 partial skeins, for a whopping total of -128!! So my new score is -124 when you subtract that measly little +4 from before. Merry Christmas to me (thank you, SweetPea 65!), but my oh my, that's a huge score. I've changed my score above to reflect the doubling of my stash. Ladies, I think we have a winner!

Archived