2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was doing good this week with a plus 14, but my dear hubby bought me some yarn last night so I am now on the minus side thanks to his thoughtfulness. Already edited my siggy, A big -16

What a wonderful hubby!

who's the score keeper this week?? I know that it will be me next week!!!!!!!!LOL

That would be me. I totally spaced last night, so I'm running late. I've mostly been doing small stuff, and that one &*%$ scarf as a gift and didn't use up any skeins, so 0 WTD/ -186 YTD for me. Shall I put up, "Tag, you're it" when I post the scores?

This Week's Stashbuster Scores

Positive Scores

Aphelia +11 Gold Medal Winner

dragonpuck +10 Silver Medal Winner

hseger +7 Bronze Medal Winner

Pattern Collector +6

Walker1021 +5

DesertCrocheter +4

Marzee +4

Needle Arts +3

Jain +2

No Changes Here

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

CLLinda 0

Crafty Witch 0

fc1123 0

Mandii 0

PBLNKNP 0

pineknott 0

Negative Scores

appy lover -6

lhasaapsolady -16

Braxxi -19

dilyca2006 -54 Shoot the Moon

Congratulations to our winners. Dilyca, you have a fine collection of Shoot the Moon Prizes there, and you're on the :hook for next week's scores. :nahnah Well, at least your score is worth it.

Yaaaay!!!!!! GOLD! :D :D I owe it to the ugly stocking... May have to post a picture of it later, so you can see for yourself... that it did use a lot of scrap, and is ugly. ;)

THANKS! :D

I didn't get to post in time, so I'll add it to this week. I finished 1 :rud, but didn't finish a skein. I rolled it down though (+1). I used 2 balls on wreath pins (+2). I found some more tan and started another :rud. I need to make a ton of pins, a snowman, a penguin and 5 more :rud. before Christmas.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 173

Ellie 13

Here it is... The reason I got the gold medal this week. ;) It's really large, so it did use up a lot of my scraps. I also put in a picture of some of the items I'm going to put in it. I'm going to take it with me to the kindergarden I work at, each item represent a christmas song.. I'm going to tell the kinds that the stocking is Santa's sock. ;)

post-22182-135897481819_thumb.jpg

post-22182-135897481821_thumb.jpg

Aphelia, I like your "ugly" stocking! Your idea to include items representing songs is very clever. Do the children have to guess which song goes with which item?

Congratulations to all our medalists. And dilyca -- I would love to come to your house and play with your new yarn! I hope you enjoy it. (I have a box from Herrschnerr's on the way -- it's my Christmas present!)

congrats to all the medalists

I finally finished up that skein thats been taking two weeks to get done +2

also mil needed yarn to knit slippers,gave her five full skeins +10

so I'm starting the week on the plus side

I forgot to post my score this week, so I guess I will use it for next week and not change my ytd?

I had +8 but I bought some yarn at a thrift store -12 so I am at -4 so far this week. I am planning on finishing 2 skeins so I will be at 0. Maybe I can get in the positives by Saturday.

Aphelia, I like your "ugly" stocking! Your idea to include items representing songs is very clever. Do the children have to guess which song goes with which item?

No, I work with one and two year olds, I don't think they know the name of the songs... Too bad we only sing christmas songs in desember. ;)

I have crocheted lots of animals, trols ++, and we use them almost every day, to sing with... :) After a while they learn what song that goes with each item, and they choose the song they like the best. :)

No, I work with one and two year olds, I don't think they know the name of the songs... Too bad we only sing christmas songs in desember. ;)

I have crocheted lots of animals, trols ++, and we use them almost every day, to sing with... :) After a while they learn what song that goes with each item, and they choose the song they like the best. :)

That is so VERY cute!!! I can picture it in my mind. It sounds like you have a very nice job!

Unfortunately, I don't think my score is going to be that great this week. I just got my shipment of yarn in from Herrschners for my crochet in the round sweater (to make up for the ghastly experiment in the class with my clashing stash), and it's taking ages for me to get through one skein for the sweater I'm currently working on. AHHH!!!

Yep. That score is a good one for a shoot the moon. I don't plan (plan being the oberative word) on buying any more yarn this year!!!LOL I know I will be in the negitives at the end of this one though for the YTD!!!LOL

This Week's Stashbuster Scores

Positive Scores

Aphelia +11 Gold Medal Winner

dragonpuck +10 Silver Medal Winner

hseger +7 Bronze Medal Winner

Pattern Collector +6

Walker1021 +5

DesertCrocheter +4

Marzee +4

Needle Arts +3

Jain +2

No Changes Here

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

CLLinda 0

Crafty Witch 0

fc1123 0

Mandii 0

PBLNKNP 0

pineknott 0

Negative Scores

appy lover -6

lhasaapsolady -16

Braxxi -19

dilyca2006 -54 Shoot the Moon

Congratulations to our winners. Dilyca, you have a fine collection of Shoot the Moon Prizes there, and you're on the :hook for next week's scores. :nahnah Well, at least your score is worth it.

Finished off the doilyghan that killed my score..turns out it only took just less than 6 skeins of caron simply soft...so I am going to see if I can the take the 2 extra skeins back. Thats right take yarn back to the store...:eek, I am not sure if I am familiar with the concept of returning yarn:think...but I'm going to give it a shot. I am kind of wishing I had chosen a pattern that it had a little less lace, it doesn't lay as pretty as I'd like on the couch, and it isn't especially warm. I think she will love it though...I made the pillows to go with it.

post-10680-135897482681_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897482685_thumb.jpg

Finished off the doilyghan that killed my score..turns out it only took just less than 6 skeins of caron simply soft...so I am going to see if I can the take the 2 extra skeins back. Thats right take yarn back to the store...:eek, I am not sure if I am familiar with the concept of returning yarn:think...but I'm going to give it a shot. I am kind of wishing I had chosen a pattern that it had a little less lace, it doesn't lay as pretty as I'd like on the couch, and it isn't especially warm. I think she will love it though...I made the pillows to go with it.

That is all so gorgeous!

Appy Lover, your afghan is so pretty. Did you follow a doily pattern with a larger hook and yarn?

As for me, I am snowed in today and will try to work on some crochet in the afternoon.

:manyheart

Archived