2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did it...I took 2 skeins of yarn back to Michaels and got my money back. With the 2 skeins I used up earlier this week that makes me

...+8 for the week.

I'm posting now because I'm going on vacation!! Wa hoo!! See Ya'll next week...congrats in advance to the medal winners. Thanks for the kind comments on my doilyghan & pillows.

Well I used up a skein of yarn so +2 there for me waiting until after Christmas to maybe finish my blanket that I'm making out of Simply Soft yarn

Been trying real hard to use up what I could since that order was heading my way. 3 skeins were depleted from my stash and today my order arrived. 6 one pounders! I did not realize how big those skeins were! Will be gone for the weekend, so will post my score now.

WTD -6

These are the links to pictures of my scarves, I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture.

sany0004.jpg

sany0005.jpg

sany0886.jpg

I am at +12 so far this week!

So fuzzy and comfy looking. Thanks for sharing.

Finished off the doilyghan that killed my score..turns out it only took just less than 6 skeins of caron simply soft...so I am going to see if I can the take the 2 extra skeins back. Thats right take yarn back to the store...:eek, I am not sure if I am familiar with the concept of returning yarn:think...but I'm going to give it a shot. I am kind of wishing I had chosen a pattern that it had a little less lace, it doesn't lay as pretty as I'd like on the couch, and it isn't especially warm. I think she will love it though...I made the pillows to go with it.

Love the idea of making an afghan out of a doily pattern. You are a genious

Okay, I'm putting in my pitiful totals now, as I'm going to be busy all weekend addressing holiday cards and wrapping things...

In a word, I blew it! :eek I managed to reduce two skeins to balls (+2), but my order from Herrschners came in for the yarn to help rectify my mess of a crochet-in-the-round sweater (-20), so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -18 YTD +57

:(

I gave a bunch of my yarn to my niece. She's a poor college student who loves to craft and asked if I had any "Extra yarn". I told her to help herself to my bins and she did.

8 skeins of yarn walked out of my house.

so my score is pretty good this week.

WTD=+17 YTD=+18

:manyheart

Archived