2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

So yesterday I made it out of Michaels and Joanne without yarn on my birthday. Today however, I was bad. I went to the dollar store and bought 10 skeins. Ooopss..but it is a good deal, and I will use it up. They are small skeins, so they will work up fast into scarves that I will sell. My WTD is now -20...wonder what I can get cone by the end of the year. The project I started is to small & I'm going to have to frog it and restart, so not sure if I'll be able to get any points earned back.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So yesterday I made it out of Michaels and Joanne without yarn on my birthday. Today however, I was bad. I went to the dollar store and bought 10 skeins. Ooopss..but it is a good deal, and I will use it up. They are small skeins, so they will work up fast into scarves that I will sell. My WTD is now -20...wonder what I can get cone by the end of the year. The project I started is to small & I'm going to have to frog it and restart, so not sure if I'll be able to get any points earned back.

The yarn you bought has a reason for belonging to you, and it was a very good deal. Don't beat yourself up for it. Next year, when you get to take those 20 points off so quickly, and get money for your scarves, you will be happy!

Well. My yarn order came today. 25 skeins!!! I have more coming later on in the week. Not going to finish this year off in the positives at all I don't think!!!!!!!!:lol Better go change my score. er... siggie.

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine what my fiance would do if I ordered 25 skeins at once! He's probably have a heart attack :lol We don't have anywhere to store more yarn.

Well. He does not know about all of it. He just saw the box come in the house from UPS and didn't even ask!!! Some is to finish something that I have started and another is a kit, I know better then to buy kits cause I always use more yarn then is in the kit, but, we shall see.

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine what my fiance would do if I ordered 25 skeins at once! He's probably have a heart attack :lol We don't have anywhere to store more yarn.

Well, I finished up a 3/4 skein of Caron One Pound last night, and thought i'd start a crochet blanket (the other was knit) with some of Sweat Pea's yard sale yarn that came in lots of 3 oz. skeins so I could get a lot of points and go out of 2009 with a bang. But I don't like the pattern I tried with the yarn, so today I'll be frogging the 7 rows I crocheted last night. Sigh.

I'm still not sure if I'll officially stashbust next year. I used up a lot of my yarn this year, but you'd never know it from my score. SweetPea65's generosity was wonderful, but she sure did ruin my score. :lol But what a way to go, eh?

Patty

I'm back after being off last week.

Aww! I was doing so well :ohdear:cry. There was a 50% off JoAnn coupon before Christmas. I just had to use it! Bought one of those huge Lion Kitchen Cotton cones that I have been lusting after to make myself some place mats (-2) AND I turn around and my sister gave me a Christmas gift of 5 balls of Sugar 'n Cream (-10). I have given her all the dish cloths she can handle, so I have to figure out what to do with them. But they are so pretty and cute and I love petting them. :yes So here is where I am for the year:

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -12 / YTD: +16

Last year I ended with +21. I've GOT to do better in 2010!

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -12/YTD: +16

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

I know that no new points will be added to my score today. Started an afghan using Caron Pounders and the scarf is going slowly - the yarn is so delicate and the ball is not going down very fast. So here it goes. Drum Roll Please....

Weekly -4 Year Ending 2009 +36 :cheer:clap:cheer

So much better than last year's negative score. Congrats to all for either doing a lot of destashing this year, staying even keel, or having lots of new yarn to play with. :hookIt has been fun. Hope to see you all over on the 2010 Stashbusting CAL!:crocheting

I'm posting early. I've been knitting lately (OH, No) and I have noticed how little yarn I use when making a hat. I have made three hats out of two skeins of yarn. I usually only can make two out of two when crocheting. It's just kind of weird.

So I started a new ball to make a hat and haven't even put a dent in it.

so here's my sad little score.

WTD=0 YTD=+19

Not a bad way to finish out the year. At least, I'm in the positives!

:manyheart

Happy New Year to Everyone! Let's all keep stashbusting in 2010!

:manyheart:crocheting

No points for this week...:

Week to date : 0

BUT, check out my score for the year! I'm so happy about it.. :D

Year to date: +51

:clap to you all, I'm so glad we have been doing this for the whole year..! I bet I would have bought a whole lot of new yarn, if it weren't for this group and you guys. :manyheart

well yesterday I finished a skein of cotton yarn that I forgot to mention so ending the new year:

WTD:+2/YTD:-98

see you all in the 2010 thread I will return for the new year.

Well I had hoped to end the year with a better score than last year, no such luck. My short wtd is -20, and

2009 year end number is -153

Did I win???:lol:lol:lol

See you all in the the 2010 Stashbusting CAL...It's been fun, enjoy the New Year!! Thanks for all the inspiration, I know my score is ugly, but if it hadn't been for you all keeping me accountable I would be living in a sea of yarn, and I'd be totally broke. So thanks!!

So close, and yet so far... :eek

I got 3 yarn kits for Christmas this year, so sadly my Stashbuster score for 2009 is:

Stashbuster Total for 2009: WTD -40 YTD +17

I hope to do better for the Stashbuster 2010! :lol

Wow, now I know how you ladies post such high weekly scores--you can blast through these 3 oz. skeins right quick! Anyway, my scores for the week and year are:

score for week ending 12/21/2009: +8

score for 2009: -105

Phew! Looks like I won't be the yearly winner (thanks, appy! :P)

Upon reflection, I think I did really well over all in busting through my stash. The unexpected windfalls that SweetPea65 sent my way are what caused my negative score. Otherwise, I would have been well into the black (see my signature?? I'm telling it true). But I didn't buy much yarn, and that was good. And with my new year's resolution to finish up some WIPs and continue to bust this stash, I think 2010 might be a good year, too.

Happy 2010, everyone! :yay May wishes come true next year (and stashes be bust wide open).

Patty

finished up the last of the squares that were using lots of yarn so my year end:

WTD +11--- YTD +356

a couple more skeins almost done so i should start of 2010 in a positive fashion- until my yarn order gets here- had to get some for bordering;)

Archived