This one needs a name. My Newest design

Katchkan

I just completed this one this afternoon. I am having touble coming up with a name for it though. DH suggested Galaxy, But I am not sure with the roses. So I am wide open for ideas. I was thinking maybe Magnificent or Forever Roses. But not sure

I did this one with size 20 DMC thread, and my size 9/1.4mm hook. It measures 18 inches across. I was going for a little different look. Would love to hear what you think of this one. I took a picture of it on both a dark back ground and a light one. It always amazes me what a difference the background color can make.

th_Magnificentc.jpgth_MagnificentB.jpg

Oh my, that is absolutely gorgeous. And you're right about the background color making a significant difference - stunning either way.

As for a name - hmmm. It looks a bit like a pinwheel. Or could you put the word galaxy and roses together somehow? Galaxy of Roses? Rose Galaxy?

Ooooh--nice design! I love to see patterns made to show off color.

As far as a name...because the roses are small on this, I'd save "Magnificent Roses" for something with showier roses (you're bound to have another one like that sooner or later!),and go for a different name for this. While I was looking at it, "Infinity" popped into my mind--maybe you could pair that with roses some way--"Rose Infinity" or something. or "Blossoming Infinity"? Names are not my strong suit!

Anyway, it's a lovely, complex-looking design!

That's just plain GORGEOUS! I immediately thought of "Galaxy", too, but something with "Spiral" in it would work, too. "Rose Spiral"? "Spiral of Roses"? "Rose Whirl"? "Whirli-Rose"? Oh well, that's it for me. My creative juices are sapped! :lol

Everyone is on board with the "spinning" themed name. I agree that at first blush it looked X-masy to me, especially with the white background. I definitely can see you making a 2nd version with berries instead of roses :) - I immediately thought "swirly-Q", but of course that is a silly name and has nothing to do with the flowers. Ring around the roses as suggested by others seems apt. How about "Twining Blush"...a play on the word "rose" indicating its color? I love how you wrote just finished this afternoon....to me that indicated you had just "whipped it up", and I'm not surprised if you did...you have such a knack for these amazing doilies that it must come to second nature. Good luck with the naming; it's lovely!

Thank you one an all for your lovely comments and suggestions for names, Always hard to decide.Naming a design is always tough. But I am sort of leaning toward Infinity or Rose Infinity.

This doily was a joy to create, I always love watching my ideas take shape and substance.

Archived