This one needs a name. My Newest design

Katchkan

I just completed this one this afternoon. I am having touble coming up with a name for it though. DH suggested Galaxy, But I am not sure with the roses. So I am wide open for ideas. I was thinking maybe Magnificent or Forever Roses. But not sure

I did this one with size 20 DMC thread, and my size 9/1.4mm hook. It measures 18 inches across. I was going for a little different look. Would love to hear what you think of this one. I took a picture of it on both a dark back ground and a light one. It always amazes me what a difference the background color can make.

th_Magnificentc.jpgth_MagnificentB.jpg

It's so beautiful Kathy! As for a name, how about Galaxy Rose?

I have several names that comes to my mind when I saw that beauful doily! you crocheted :crocheting :yes WoW :yes !

1. Whirlwind of Roses..
  2. Scattered Rose Snow..
  3. Christmas Rose Holly.
  4. Rose Snow Storm.
  5. Strawberry Snow.
  6. Whirlwind Snow Rose.

As the effect I see part of the doily is swirling, turning-or blowing in the wind cause of the turning look. so come to mind - Whirlwinds.

What ever name you pick it from all your entrys for ideas,, While we all are waiting for names we all can see either way its beautiful all on its own.

I love your creation you crocheted , you must dream and live in these doilys :yes, it is beautiful.

sunnywolfgar

It's very beautiful. I don't have a word for how lovely it is. Because of the unending circular pattern, I like the Forever Roses names. This one is really special. (Do I write that about all your designs?)

Thank you everyone for you loverly remarks and your great suggestions. I have decided to go with Forever Roses. It wasn't easy to decide with all the great ideas you had.

Again Thank you all for your encouragement on my designing. I means a lot to me to be able to share my love of thread with all of you. Your encouragement keeps me going...

On the AOL Welcome screen the other day there was a link to photographs that have been taken by the Hubble Telescope. One of them is a photo of what I believe is called the "Whirlwind Galaxy". Take a look and tell me that the resemblance to Kathy's latest doily isn't uncanny!

I tried several times to upload the image to this post and all I keep getting is the dreaded "red X", so here is the address to my Flickr page. There are only four photos in my photostream thus far, so it won't be difficult for you to find the subject. Just cut and paste this address into your browser: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25731259@N05/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just completed this one this afternoon. I am having touble coming up with a name for it though. DH suggested Galaxy, But I am not sure with the roses. So I am wide open for ideas. I was thinking maybe Magnificent or Forever Roses. But not sure

I did this one with size 20 DMC thread, and my size 9/1.4mm hook. It measures 18 inches across. I was going for a little different look. Would love to hear what you think of this one. I took a picture of it on both a dark back ground and a light one. It always amazes me what a difference the background color can make.

th_Magnificentc.jpgth_MagnificentB.jpg

It is so beautiful. Roses on a spin :)

Drat! Wish I had seen your incredible doily before you settled on a name. But just so I can feel like a part of this beautiful creation, I will put in my two cents. I was like your husband when I first saw it. I thought of galaxy, Milky Way, nebula, so I thought Cosmic Roses might be an appropriate name.

Archived