Crochet today vrs. crochet!

kkms

As a whole, I prefer Crochet Today. I like the teaching aspect of it, and I think that the pictures and diagrams are fantastic! Sometimes Crochet! is just a bit too over the top for my taste as I tend to prefer simple styles. Although, I have seen simple things in Crochet! and wild things in Crochet Today. Novelty yarns aren't really my cup of tea, and sometimes I see a lot of that in Crochet!

One thing that I like about both magazines is that they tend to use yarns that are relatively easy to find and affordable. Occasionally I may want to branch out with other more expensive yarns, but I like the variety of patterns using good-ole basic yarns!

I prefer crochet today.... more patterns I will actually make and they generally always have diagrams which makes it more likely I can adjust the pattern if I need to.

Crochet Today, every issue has several patterns that I have to make, I rarely make anything from Crochet!

I prefer Crochet Today! They have more patterns I like. My fav magazine was Hooked on Crochet but that's gone now. :( I also like Crochet World. I always look thru Crochet! at the newsstand but have only purchased the magazine once.

I prefer Crochet Today over Crochet! but I'm beginning to have issues with CT. Honestly, I haven't made a thing out of CT, but I like the magazine enough to purchase it everytime it hits the stands.

I like Crochet Today better. I feel I can do any of the patterns without many problems. I'm somewhat intimadated by Crochet mainly because the yarns the patterns call for are usuall brands I've never heard of or are more expensive then I chose to use.

I prefer Crochet Today. They have a good mix of fashionable wearables that I might actually wear, and kids stuff, and home decor stuff. Some issues even have an amigurumi or toy (my favorites!). I also like the combination of diagrams and written instruction. In fact I just finished a capelet from the Sept/Oct issue by Doris Chan for my mother for Christmas. Its blocking now and looks great in Homespun.

I let my Crochet! subscription lapse over a year ago. Picked up an issue a couple weeks ago, but did not feel the urge to renew. Beth

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer Crochet Today because it has yarn I actually know.

Debbi

This is why I really like Crochet Today better as well!

there isn't any thing worse then finding a pattern you really like but have no clue as to which yarn you can use instead of the one listed.

I still get both of these...I can't help but not pick up a crochet magazine! :manyheart

mgf~:yay

I'm definitely a Crochet Today fan (I let Crochet! lapse ages ago). Like someone said, I like the fact that they have good instruction about techniques, and I like all the patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which one I prefer the most it all depends on if I like the patterns if I don't like the patterns in the magazine then I won't buy it. Though I just finished the eye mask out of the recent issue of Crochet Today.

Used to subscribe to Crochet! a couple years ago. In my opinion, the patterns aren't as good for me in Crochet! anymore, I don't know what happened. Crochet Today has a few things I want to make in EVERY issue, I don't know how they do it! I love both, but I ALWAYS buy Crochet Today.

Archived