Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

Tia, you're not alone, I posted the below info to the other one also not realizing it was more for the 3-sub scrap rather than all scrap ghans. OOPS!! :)

So, here is what I meant to post to THIS thread, lol:

WHEW! i finished the non-scrap ghan for the friends niece who was diagnosed w/ cervical cancer, so now I have been able to focus here a bit more.

This wknd, I have worked on my small granny scrappy. I needed to make quite a few more of the 5 round 1's. I think I have enough of the 7 round 1's tho, just need to decide if I want to trim them all alike or just put them together.

I also wove some ends on granny daughters, and did a few rows on the one im working on. (it's in leisure arts, "old-timey scrap afghans" book; not the 1 where you crochet around each granny and do a join as you go method).

I have been working on the friends/family square afghan also (was posted at c'ville). I have been doing the center parts only, but not the cc for the last 2 rows. I got about 8 w/ the cc's on them and ends woven.

didnt work on my 2-sub (dont have enough scraps to really do a 3-sub) but am working on trying to get more scraps for it. lol.

I think thats all.

Oh, the flamingo ghan, not a scrappy tho. havent worked on lately.

WHEW! I think I need a vacation

Sandy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the scrap-ghans look great! :clap Nice work, everyone!

Dragonpuck, I have to ask- how do you get the colors in the open spaces of the squares? Or are those beads?

My scrapghan is almost done! Woohoo! I have been working on it day and night so it would be out of the way by the time my swaps started. It is 3 ft by 5 ft, I'm not sure if I should take off the edging (I'm not too thrilled with it anyway) to add more squares, or if I should just add more rows around it. :think Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it.

th_pics10-6009.jpg

I'm still working on my 3-strand, but that will be very slow, I'm not as into it as when I first started. LoL

Boy am I confused? :think I guess there are two Scrapghan Along Cals :lol.

I posted a pic of my finished spiral scrapghan in that other cal by mistake.

Here it is for ya'll:

Picture.jpg

It is 5 ft. in diameter.

This is so sweet looking. Hmmm does it count as a scrapghan if you buy the yarn in smaller quantities for it?:think

This is so sweet looking. Hmmm does it count as a scrapghan if you buy the yarn in smaller quantities for it?:think

I think as long as you use that "smaller" quantity for something else. Say...a granny's daughter? Everything left over would be "scrap", right? I'm doing that with rectangles for the troops. I'm buying yarn to make rectangles with a scrap afghan in mind! :yes

All the scrap-ghans look great! :clap Nice work, everyone!

Dragonpuck, I have to ask- how do you get the colors in the open spaces of the squares? Or are those beads?

its a separate row that adds the color

pattern is a book called "Beautiful Borders Baby Blankets"

i haven't used the borders but the patterns are nice oh , there is a major error in the second row tho-- thanks be to whomever put in the stitch count i'm not sure anything gets proof read anymore!!!

since it has been a few days w/o a post, thought I'd give an update. I have been working on the center portion of the friends and family square that was posted c'ville. I had quite a few centers crocheted up (2 larger freezer bags full w/ 48 in each) so decided to do the cc last 2 rows on them. I now have them all bordered, w/ ends wove in (woo hoo). Next step is to sort the squares into lights and darks (1 ghan was to be light colors 1 dark colors, 1 was to be all varigated, and 1 was to be a conglomeration of all 3 elements.....and yes, i probably am insane on some level, or ocd, or a***-retentive).

but, I'm also in big big trouble. someone that I talk to recently designed a square of a bonnet. so now I'm wanting to make all the bonnets for yet another afghan. :eek:eek

So, question, where's the intervention group? or CA group (crochet annonymous) or even the electric shock room? for me to get help.... :D

Sandy (I may be a bit loco, but I'm a happy loco :hook:hook:devil )

Can you tell me what 'chapeaus' are? And what is the FA Awareness?

I like making squares to donate too.

finished my "chapeaus' scraps

am making squares for FA Awareness and some for me too

so will have another one or two in the not too distant future

th_pictures122.jpg

Can you tell me what 'chapeaus' are? And what is the FA Awareness?

I like making squares to donate too.

Chapeau is French for hat- the pattern has a hat in the middle

here is the FA Awareness link

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86408

the first post has links to answer all your questions

Tia and Dragonpuck- great job! Tia- that 3SUB looks really cool- can't even tell it's supposed to be random yarns.

I'm working on Christmas projects right now, since I finished the one for my mom. Still have my 3-strand to finish, but I've only been doing about 1 square a week, so I will be working on it for a very long time!

WOO HOO!! :yay I finished my granny daughter ghan tonight, all the ends are even woven end!! The dog is trying to confiscate it also. lol. so thought i'd share that i got 1 down and the other 9 to go. :D

Sandy

all of lovelley work

i have caron brights and i don`t know how to use them in scrap ghans :think

i`ll try figureing out a nice pattern to use them :yes

gr8 work everyone

That's what I used. You could make squares and join it with white or black. I actually wish I would have used black but I know my mom will like the white better. I also used them in a pattern called the psychedelic stripes afghan. I found my pattern for free about 3 years ago but when I just did a search for it, the link is missing and someone is selling it on Ebay. It took forever but looked cool when it was finished.

Archived